Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:43:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  jay-z mentions chinese democracy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: jay-z mentions chinese democracy  (Read 2187 times)
falungong69
Rocker

« on: June 06, 2009, 11:34:33 AM »

everyone knows that rap sucks and is not music, so i don't care what this joker says about axl.  just another small person trying to get some press for himself by slagging axl.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20090605/en_music_eo/127756

Los Angeles (E! Online) ? Jay-Z is drawing up a curious date for his latest Blueprint.

The Jigga Man's Blueprint? will drop on Sept. 11, eight years to the day when the first Blueprint hit stores?and fell off the media radar in the wake of the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C.

News of the release, which will be distributed by Roc Nation via Atlantic Records, leaked out via a Twitter posting by Sam Crespo, the label's VP of rap promotions, before it was taken down. The official announcement is expected to come Sunday at the Summer Jam concert in Giants Stadium sponsored by New York's Hot 97.

Jay-Z (real name Shawn Carter) has been hinting about the new material for some time, telling MTV News back in February that he was planning to head into the studio with Kanye West, who's producing and guest rapping.

"Kanye's in the process of making a new batch of music that's going to be phenomenal, and at the end of the day, when it's ready for the people, we'll serve it up," said Jay-Z. "If I don't have any time constraints...then I'll be Axl Rose out here. It'll be 12 years later and we'll be talking about my Chinese Democracy or something."

The Blueprint? will be a follow-up to The Blueprint?: The Gift & the Curse, which debuted at No. 1 and sold 4 million copies. And despite being overshadowed by the events of 9/11, the original Blueprint did wind up topping the charts and selling 2 million copies.

The 39-year-old star announced last year that he was leaving longtime label Def Jam and forming Roc Nation in partnership with Live Nation.

Jay-Z is slated to kick off a U.S. tour with Ciara in Las Vegas on July 3.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »

facts are facts and they both had long gaps between releases; he was just comparing himself to axl....nbd really
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:58:40 PM »

I wonder if Jay-Z will opt not to promote his "epic masterpiece" too.

All he needs to do is have one hit single, do one sit down interview, or release a video, and he has Axl beat. That sucks to say.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »

Wait, why would a person who hates rap be reading an article about Jay-Z??

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 06:24:16 AM »

lol @ jay-z comparing himself to axl.
but anyway the comment wasn't bad

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »

everyone knows that rap sucks and is not music, so i don't care what this joker says about axl.  just another small person trying to get some press for himself by slagging axl.

Doesn't Axl like rap?  And doesn't that make it impossible for you to not like rap?   Undecided
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 02:51:33 PM »

Dude says "I don't care what this joker says about Axl" while starting an entirely new thread about it

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

And Jay-Z needs to mention Axl to get press?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Falungong, you're the greatest. Please never stop posting.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:53:32 PM by LunsJail » Logged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 06:45:58 PM »

Like Jiggaman needs to spout out about GNR. Jay-Z is worth 500 million according to Forbes. Why would he need to name drop GNR?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »

what I've read here is a compliment about Axl & Chinese Democracy (phenomenal batch of music).
so, thank you Jay-z to be open minded and for listening to variety of good music, like Guns N'Roses for example.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: