Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:23:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Thank you Guns N' Roses! Classic and New Lineup! Congrats!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thank you Guns N' Roses! Classic and New Lineup! Congrats!  (Read 2899 times)
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« on: April 14, 2012, 09:37:42 AM »

Ok, I'm starting a new thread here since I want to focus on the positive aspect of GNR in this thread. As the first born generation American who had a physical disability, I had to learn the ropes of American society on my own. I had support of my parents but they didn't know the American way of life.  I had 18 surgeries to correct  various disabilities. I was born with a short left arm and club feet. I had reconstruction done on my ankles and knees to correct the club feet. The doctors lengthened my right arm to a full length. The docs also lengthen my left arm 2 inches.  All of these surgeries happened when I was a kid. During the time period of one of my surgeries, I had to also fight the the Board of Education for my right to be placed in mainstream schooling. In the 80s, a disabled kid was not viewed as "normal" and was placed in  disabled school. I fought all of this and won. Today, I work for Bloomberg LP which is one of the biggest media companies in the world. Part of why I was able to survive all this was because I discovered Guns N' Roses. "Welcome to the Jungle" helped me get through all the anger that I had as a 10 years old kid fighting all of this crap. The moment I heard that song was when I became a fan of this band.

With all this being said, I want to congratulate GNR both old and new! Thank you to classic GNR for helping me through that time period in my life  and dealing with my disability in a positive manner. Thank you to the new lineup for keeping the spirit alive and well. Guns N' Roses deserve this induction! 25 years and the various members of GNR still rock!
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 09:47:06 AM »

I am glad you came through it all draguns and Gn'R help you get through tough times, like I am sure the rest of us have Guns to get us through as well.

Music is the soundtrack of our lives and Gn'R new and old seem to always be there for me as well.....

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
manu
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:32:32 AM »

Congrats GNR!!!!!

Thanks for the music!!!

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:28:31 PM »

Thanks for sharing draguns. Haven't have nearly as tough times as you. But I felt how music in general, and Guns n' Roses particularly, help gettin' through the tough, comfort the sad and cheering the glad. Thanks man. Hope you doing well today!

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
JSMastro
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 02:31:37 PM »

Congratulations on overcoming those INCREDIBLE challenges!
Inspirational....
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 02:56:35 PM »

congrats for everyone!

i just realised that the last time a lineup has been together as long that it is been now was in 1988! Thats something beer

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 02:58:17 PM »

Thank you to Guns N' Roses for everything over the years - all members past and present.

Especially thank you to Axl for keeping it alive and continuing to tour around the world! ok
TokyoRose
Headliner

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 08:22:22 PM »

Congrats to the classic line up for creating all those classic hit songs for us.

Congrats to the new line up for keep the legacy alive, and doing it justice.

Everone should be proud today!!
sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 08:40:31 PM »

Ok, I'm starting a new thread here since I want to focus on the positive aspect of GNR in this thread. As the first born generation American who had a physical disability, I had to learn the ropes of American society on my own. I had support of my parents but they didn't know the American way of life.  I had 18 surgeries to correct  various disabilities. I was born with a short left arm and club feet. I had reconstruction done on my ankles and knees to correct the club feet. The doctors lengthened my right arm to a full length. The docs also lengthen my left arm 2 inches.  All of these surgeries happened when I was a kid. During the time period of one of my surgeries, I had to also fight the the Board of Education for my right to be placed in mainstream schooling. In the 80s, a disabled kid was not viewed as "normal" and was placed in  disabled school. I fought all of this and won. Today, I work for Bloomberg LP which is one of the biggest media companies in the world. Part of why I was able to survive all this was because I discovered Guns N' Roses. "Welcome to the Jungle" helped me get through all the anger that I had as a 10 years old kid fighting all of this crap. The moment I heard that song was when I became a fan of this band.

With all this being said, I want to congratulate GNR both old and new! Thank you to classic GNR for helping me through that time period in my life  and dealing with my disability in a positive manner. Thank you to the new lineup for keeping the spirit alive and well. Guns N' Roses deserve this induction! 25 years and the various members of GNR still rock!

Wow, you're a ROCKSTAR Draguns!  Very inspirational story...thanks for sharing. ok
destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 09:59:04 PM »

Thank you for sharing your story, and for your strength and inspiration, dude.

Keep rocking, draguns, and keep rocking gn'r!

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 10:07:09 PM »

Definitely a true inspiration , wonderful of you to share, I can completely agree with your sentiments. as others have said your  ROCKSTAR!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 02:20:13 PM »

No matter how much people try to rewrite history, facts are facts. Axl's been there since day and kept GN'R going.  beer
Together with the band, they did something that has probably never been done before because they believed in it.

The classic line up stopped existing when I was 15. I'm not 15 anymore and i don't really have any desire to try to recreate that.

I appreciate the past, but this is now. Now matters more because it's happening at this exact moment. It's not something I need to stop, think about and remember.

Doesn't mean I think the past was better or worse than now. Just, the past.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 03:26:57 PM »

Guns n' Roses is more than just a name, it's a family, as long as Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven Izzy, Matt and Dizz Reed keep rocking, no mather the name of the project thery are involved, the spirit of Guns n' Roses wil allways be alive.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:36:48 PM by Judas Fuckin Priest » Logged
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »

Guns n' Roses is more than just a name, it's a family, as long as Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven Izzy, Matt and Dizz Reed keep rocking, no mather the name of the project thery are involved, the spirit of Guns n' Roses wil allways be alive.

You're totally right, we're getting so much cool sounding music from all these guys! Giant GNR family just grows and expands and reproduces and has more little families. Roll Eyes RNFNR

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »

I wasn't able to check this out until now. Thank you guys for the compliments! It has cheered me up quite a bit! The past 24 hours have been rough for for me in terms of women. I think I'll be playing "I Used to Love Her." Smiley
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 12:29:35 AM »

You're totally right, we're getting so much cool sounding music from all these guys! Giant GNR family just grows and expands and reproduces and has more little families. Roll Eyes RNFNR

Glad we could keep it positive for so long  Roll Eyes

I agree with the post above. Each member of the AFD/UYI line up gave it a definitive sound and style, Axl continues to expand his sound with GN'R in the present and everyone else carries on their own brand of rock n' roll in other places. While GN'R doesn't exist in it's AFD/UYI line up, I think the fact that they are all alive and still creating something special to each of themselves is reason enough to be happy!

Seriously though, none of them are dead...that in itself is amazing!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: