Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:11:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 492 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread *UPDATE AUG 22/2023*  (Read 1565535 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6260 on: May 03, 2017, 11:06:55 AM »

I totally get it and that's your right. The way I see it I love hearing the songs live, and would rather hear slash play then and axl sing them while they can.

Same here.

And let's not pretend that even if they came up with a new album, that it would dominate the setlist.  You are talking,,,what, maybe 4 songs?  It's not like they are going to stop playing WTTTJ or YCBM at the expense of some Frankenstiened track written by Robin Finck 17 years ago that now has Slash copied and pasted over top on lead.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6261 on: May 03, 2017, 11:56:20 AM »

As far this band goes they have just become a tour band... I will not attend another gig until they ever release a new album... same ole  playlist with a twist when they come back around. The show has become old, it's like a damn carousel that never ends... tired paying for the same set list over and over fuck that, release something for Christ sakes man

That's your right- but personally, having not seen this tour yet, I'm seriously excited (probably the most excited for a gig I've ever been) and that doesn't change with a lack of new material. It's a big deal for me.

I'll always want to see them live- but sure, I'd love some new material. Respect your point of view though.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #6262 on: May 03, 2017, 11:57:11 AM »

I totally get it and that's your right. The way I see it I love hearing the songs live, and would rather hear slash play then and axl sing them while they can.

Same here.

And let's not pretend that even if they came up with a new album, that it would dominate the setlist.  You are talking,,,what, maybe 4 songs?  It's not like they are going to stop playing WTTTJ or YCBM at the expense of some Frankenstiened track written by Robin Finck 17 years ago that now has Slash copied and pasted over top on lead.

Probably right, but boy I hope you're wrong Wink

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6263 on: May 03, 2017, 12:26:57 PM »

No one really cares about writing credits other than hard core fans, who will also buy the album anyway.  As long as both Axl and Slash play on a track, and said track is awesome, then a new GNR release will be a major event.  No one knows/cares that tracks are 17 years old with some guy named "Finck" given a writing credit. If they ain't heard it yet, it's new to them.

Hell, look at every Aerosmith album from Permanent Vacation through Nine Lives.  Those songs are all riddled with various writers.  Say what you will about those albums compared to their 70s stuff, but they all sold incredibly well and did great on the radio. 

But yeah, even with that said I doubt we'd get more than 3-4 new tracks played live at the shows.  Just like any other big brand band when they put out records.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #6264 on: May 03, 2017, 02:34:58 PM »

All true.  Just wish Axl could be bothered.

But he ain't even bovvered though.  Ain't been bovvered in some time.  Look at his face.  He ain't even bovvered.

Artistic, gives a shit Axl has been dead and gone for some time now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6265 on: May 03, 2017, 02:57:09 PM »

All true.  Just wish Axl could be bothered.

But he ain't even bovvered though.  Ain't been bovvered in some time.  Look at his face.  He ain't even bovvered.

Artistic, gives a shit Axl has been dead and gone for some time now.

An album could materialize somehow, sure.  But as of May 2017 I am 110% convinced that Axl would prefer never to put out a new album ever again. Hopefully he has one or two people in the mix who will convince him otherwise some time in the 21st century.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #6266 on: May 03, 2017, 03:49:26 PM »

I listened to all of CD twice in the last week. still love a bunch of those songs. TWAT is seriously on the level of greatest songs I've ever heard.

almost 9 years later, and I still turn to those songs in various situations (along with the rest of their catalogue).

I know a new GnR album will contain songs that I will listen to for the rest of my life. and that there could be a song(s) that would be in my greatest of all time.

I don't care how many they would play live.

so to say the least, I would absolutely love a new GnR album.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6267 on: May 04, 2017, 07:45:16 AM »

I listened to all of CD twice in the last week. still love a bunch of those songs. TWAT is seriously on the level of greatest songs I've ever heard.

almost 9 years later, and I still turn to those songs in various situations (along with the rest of their catalogue).

I know a new GnR album will contain songs that I will listen to for the rest of my life. and that there could be a song(s) that would be in my greatest of all time.

I listen to Chinese more than any other GNR album at the moment. I still think it's incredible, and hear something new in it every time I play it. I find it genuinely frustrating to think there are other songs from that era that I would love equally, sitting and rotting in a vault somewhere.

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6268 on: May 04, 2017, 12:43:10 PM »

I listen to Chinese more than any other GNR album at the moment. I still think it's incredible, and hear something new in it every time I play it. I find it genuinely frustrating to think there are other songs from that era that I would love equally, sitting and rotting in a vault somewhere.

And therein lies the rub, doesn't it?  The fact that all of us getting to hear these other songs, with or without Slash, is more or less contingent upon Axl "feeling like it".  We might as well be praying for rain out in the desert. Going on 9 years now from when Chinese finally dropped.  Old habits die hard.
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #6269 on: May 05, 2017, 08:46:10 AM »

And therein lies the rub, doesn't it?  The fact that all of us getting to hear these other songs, with or without Slash, is more or less contingent upon Axl "feeling like it".  We might as well be praying for rain out in the desert. Going on 9 years now from when Chinese finally dropped.  Old habits die hard.

Absolutely. Do you remember that Heretoday shirt that said "we know about Patience"? That sums it all up. (You should make some more of those up Jarmo!)

I bet we'll still be debating along the same lines in a years time!

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6270 on: May 05, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »

Havent listen for a while. I'll give it a try today. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:08:29 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6271 on: May 05, 2017, 11:17:46 AM »

Absolutely. Do you remember that Heretoday shirt that said "we know about Patience"? That sums it all up. (You should make some more of those up Jarmo!)

That was in 2006 I think....  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6272 on: May 05, 2017, 05:25:44 PM »

So now Myles has said they don't have plans for a new SMKC album...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_releases/myles_kennedy_talks_new_slash_album_i_dont_know_anything.html

Also, Myles has had plans for a solo album on hold. So Slash could be recording anything...

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
niko1279
Headliner

Your Imaginary Friend!

« Reply #6273 on: May 06, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »

As far this band goes they have just become a tour band... I will not attend another gig until they ever release a new album... same ole  playlist with a twist when they come back around. The show has become old, it's like a damn carousel that never ends... tired paying for the same set list over and over fuck that, release something for Christ sakes man

Did you feel this way during the neverending CD tour though?

Because, if so, I don't get that.  There were umpteen version of the CD tour that were all preeeeeetttttttttyyyyy much the same exact show.  And people lost their fucking minds if you dared to point that out.

Suddenly, this new line-up only gets one crack at your concert dollar?  Pretty harsh, no?

Apparently  you can't handle adversity... I love the band but I'm tired of this band just going around touring for the past 10 years playing the same music with  different setlists  that are not currently with NEW music  when they come around to charge you $100+ to see them live... Ok they are reunited  it's been a year now...they are coming back to north  America with no new music AGAIN...

DON'T be surprised that we will be on the same boat exactly 1 year from now... same bullshit in 2018 more touring with no new music.... ok

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #6274 on: May 06, 2017, 11:28:22 PM »

Nobody believed the band would go on without Slash and Duff, the band went on
Nobody believed Chinese Democracy would ever come out (remember it was considered vaporware at one point), it came out
Nobody believed Axl and Slash would ever reunite, we got this union

Now it seems nobody believes a new album will ever materialize.

Think I'll just ignore all the nobodies...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #6275 on: May 07, 2017, 04:49:04 AM »

Nobody believed Chinese Democracy would ever come out (remember it was considered vaporware at one point), it came out

+1 Best post of the past three months ok
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #6276 on: May 07, 2017, 07:45:32 AM »

Well, we?re talking about 25 years on it  hihi

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #6277 on: May 07, 2017, 04:28:25 PM »

You are right a new album will come out

Axl and ac/dc
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6278 on: May 07, 2017, 05:23:19 PM »

You are right a new album will come out

Axl and ac/dc

I'll take it.
PermissionToLand
Legend

« Reply #6279 on: May 07, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »

Hey, Angus is known for running a tight ship. He gets in the studio and bangs it out. At the least, it would be a good experience for Axl.

"This sweater I made for you
I think you know where that comes from, guitarcomeon" - Stuff McKracken
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 492 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: