Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:25:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 428472 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #540 on: January 12, 2014, 11:23:51 AM »

If cuts are required for this to be released, I think I speak for the majority of fans when I say that I'd rather have the solos and jams cut instead of actual songs.  If anyone disagrees I'd love to hear your explanation why. 
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #541 on: January 12, 2014, 12:23:31 PM »

I just want this to be released so bad, I know that it's going to rock no matter what. The band were on peak form, and it was shot in Vegas in 3D... what more can you say?.

The vibe of the band in these shows, is the same since they went back on the road in 2009. I hope it isn't left too long to release, as the band might change in regards to the feel and vibe of the shows, so I hope it isn't too far away.

The biggest problem is having promises made in regards to news or info regarding this, and then the fans having to wait longer. I just don't see why or how this can be getting held up, but I'm not going to make guesses.

It's not my place too, just want this so much as a fan.  peace
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #542 on: January 12, 2014, 12:24:20 PM »

Maybe the cinema version would be cut and bring out the "extended cut"  on Blu Ray as a marketing ploy.

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #543 on: January 12, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »

I am still looking forward to this but don't want Guns to bypass whatever they are taking care of in order for it to come out faster. 
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #544 on: January 12, 2014, 02:46:35 PM »

I also think it's important that this does eventually get released to represent the "new" band, and the Nu era of GN'R in an official capacity. There are no DVD's out officially that represent GN'R post 1995, and that's a sad thing. We only have 'Welcome To The Videos' and the 2 live Tokyo shows, which perfectly represent the old band.

I think it's time to add to Chinese Democracy, in regards to their being more official material available in GN'R's section in HMV, Best Buy etc.  ok

It really doesn't help the new bands image to only have 1 official release in stores, next to those other releases mentioned advertising the old band...
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #545 on: January 12, 2014, 05:07:38 PM »

If cuts are required for this to be released, I think I speak for the majority of fans when I say that I'd rather have the solos and jams cut instead of actual songs.  If anyone disagrees I'd love to hear your explanation why. 
Ya, of course if there HAS to be a few segments cut from the show it should definitely be the solos and jams, but I'd much rather have the entire show. I love the solos and think they're a major part of a GNR show.

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #546 on: January 12, 2014, 05:34:11 PM »

First off, as I've stated before, I don't think this should be released at all but that's just my personal opinion and I know I'm in the minority on this.

Second, to answer your question on why I disagree that they should cut the solos and jams.....
I think the solos and jams are a great way to showcase the talents in a get-to-know-you-better kind of way of who GNR is today.  With the exception of Don't Cry (which was part of Bumblefoot's guitar solo with only the crowd singing the lyrics), the solos and jams give people the opportunity to see/hear the guys perform within the confines of being GNR without the "stigma" of it being a GNR song or cover done by the ghosts of GNR past.

What's the sense of releasing the show if they aren't going to release the entire show?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #547 on: January 13, 2014, 12:20:15 PM »

First off, as I've stated before, I don't think this should be released at all but that's just my personal opinion and I know I'm in the minority on this.

Second, to answer your question on why I disagree that they should cut the solos and jams.....
I think the solos and jams are a great way to showcase the talents in a get-to-know-you-better kind of way of who GNR is today.  With the exception of Don't Cry (which was part of Bumblefoot's guitar solo with only the crowd singing the lyrics), the solos and jams give people the opportunity to see/hear the guys perform within the confines of being GNR without the "stigma" of it being a GNR song or cover done by the ghosts of GNR past.

What's the sense of releasing the show if they aren't going to release the entire show?

Why would you not want this to be released Gypsy?, am I missing something here?. Regardless whether the solos are cut or not, I think this release is a great way to introduce the current line-up as GN'R, ahead of the new album in the next year or two.

It's filmed in HD, and 3D. The band were on top form in the middle of a Vegas residency. And on top of that the setlist was great apart from no Sorry, but what more do you want?.  Tongue
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #548 on: January 13, 2014, 01:51:45 PM »

I hope there were some serious work done to Axl's vocals.  Released as is will be ugly.

But as for all this "showcase" talk...really?  If a concert DVD is released, and no one promotes it, does it make a sound?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #549 on: January 13, 2014, 02:37:14 PM »

I hope there were some serious work done to Axl's vocals.  Released as is will be ugly.

But as for all this "showcase" talk...really?  If a concert DVD is released, and no one promotes it, does it make a sound?

People still think this is getting released???
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #550 on: January 13, 2014, 02:43:58 PM »

Well...yeah, haha.  I'm operating under the premise this actually ever sees the light of day.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #551 on: January 13, 2014, 03:04:25 PM »

This was one of the best shows of the whole tour in regards to performance especially Axl as he sounds way better than on the London concert that was shown on HD tv.

It's great that they decided to cut the solos for the Cinema release but they should be included in some form if it is released on Bluray or DVD.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #552 on: January 13, 2014, 04:29:27 PM »

This was one of the best shows of the whole tour in regards to performance especially Axl as he sounds way better than on the London concert that was shown on HD tv.

It's great that they decided to cut the solos for the Cinema release but they should be included in some form if it is released on Bluray or DVD.

I hope you are right.  Because the other shows I have heard from around then have him sounding anywhere from just OK to downright godawful.

I absolutely hope some of these claims that he somehow got it all together for this one night pan out.  Because if he sounds like any of the other nights from around then, I would not release this thing at gunpoint.

But, end of the day, other than a few internet nerds like us, who will even hear this?  Or know about it? 

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #553 on: January 13, 2014, 04:36:19 PM »

I missed this show as it was the day before Thanksgiving.  But, I did see the following two shows and he sounded great.  Those were two fantastic shows.

Ali
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #554 on: January 13, 2014, 07:28:28 PM »

Well...yeah, haha.  I'm operating under the premise this actually ever sees the light of day.

February 20th 2014 ! Soon is the word!
See it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appetite_for_Democracy_3D , feel free to confirm or deny, if you have info.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #555 on: January 13, 2014, 07:43:35 PM »

February 20th 2014 ! Soon is the word!
See it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appetite_for_Democracy_3D , feel free to confirm or deny, if you have info.

Unreliable site. Anyone can go on there and post what they want.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #556 on: January 14, 2014, 11:20:54 AM »

Track listing

01.    "Chinese Democracy"      Josh Freese, Axl Rose    
02.    "Welcome to the Jungle"      Steven Adler, Duff McKagan, Rose, Slash, Izzy Stradlin    
03.    "It's So Easy"      Adler, West Arkeen, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Stradlin    
04.    "Mr. Brownstone"      Adler, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Stradlin    
05.    "Estranged"      Rose    
06.    "Rocket Queen"      Adler, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Stradlin    
07.    "Live and Let Die" (Paul McCartney & Wings cover)    Linda McCartney, Paul McCartney    
08.    "This I Love"      Rose    
09.    "Better"      Robin Finck, Rose    
10.    "Motivation" (Tommy Stinson song)    Tommy Stinson    
11.    "Catcher in the Rye"      Rose, Paul Tobias    
12.    "Street of Dreams"      Dizzy Reed, Rose, Stinson    
13.    "You Could Be Mine"      Rose, Stradlin    
14.    "Sweet Child o' Mine"      Adler, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Stradlin    
15.    "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2" (Pink Floyd cover)    Roger Waters    
16.    "November Rain"      Rose    
17.    "Objectify" (Bumblefoot song)    Bumblefoot    
18.    "Don't Cry"      Rose, Stradlin    
19.    "Civil War"      McKagan, Rose, Slash    
20.    "The Seeker" (The Who cover)    Pete Townshend    
21.    "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan cover)    Bob Dylan    
22.    "Nightrain"      Adler, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Stradlin    
23.    "Don't Let It Bring You Down" (Neil Young cover)    Neil Young    
24.    "Used to Love Her"      Adler, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Stradlin    
25.    "Patience"      Adler, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Stradlin    
26.    "Paradise City"      Adler, McKagan, Rose, Slash, Stradlin

Writer(s) = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Nightrained
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #557 on: January 14, 2014, 03:16:14 PM »

I think that date is too soon for no one to know anything about it.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #558 on: January 14, 2014, 03:34:37 PM »

At this point... IF this ever does come out...I would think releasing it during another GNR residency makes the most sense...

thats a big if tho

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #559 on: January 21, 2014, 01:24:44 PM »

Why not just release it to Nightrain board members as a bonus rather than keep it in the vault

At this point it must not be coming
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: