Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:00:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227873 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R IN CANADA TV TOMORROW.
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R IN CANADA TV TOMORROW.  (Read 6455 times)
wildaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: May 27, 2004, 10:32:35 PM »

I mean in Canada TV,tomorrow friday at 6pm and then again at 10pm they'll play the history of gn'r on muchmoremusic channel so there you have it canadian fans. ok

Subject changed to what it really means .christos.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 03:37:54 AM by AxlGreece » Logged
shyne
Opening Act

Attitude.

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 02:17:04 AM »

nice!!!  i used to have like 200 channels....but now i have only the most basic package...

i dont even get Much, but i do get MMM!!!

now that justice is sweet   ok
 Cool Cool Cool
GUNZforRoses
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 02:28:14 PM »

Is muchmoremusic the same as Fuse the channel that was "much" here in the US ?
ktucker450
Rocker

Don't follow my footsteps, i walk into poles

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 03:37:46 PM »

muchmoremusic is pretty much our (Canadians) version of VH1.  It plays all their shit.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 05:57:52 PM »

Someone rip it and share it  Smiley
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

Axl doesn't surf either...

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 07:15:51 PM »

It just aired on Canada's MuchMoreMusic. Heres a review of it.

Interviews from:

Slash
Duff McKagen
Matt Sorum
Izzy Stradlin
Dizzy Reed
Tommy Stinson
Gilby Clarke
Scott Weiland

It was a trip from 1986-2004. It included all the solo projects, Velvet Revolver and the new Guns n Roses. Its wasn't an "Axl Bash" by a long shot. It was actually a great program. Slash says he knows Axl's record is going to be amazing, since Axl is a genius. He says he just thinks he would have done us all a favor by calling it something else, but at this point in time, he just doesn't give a fuck. He just wants to hear it and get it over with. Duff said he wishes Axl the best, and thats all he wanted to say.

Lots of other cool information. Dizzy and Tommy get angry sort of when asked out the name and why it still exists. Dizzy says if you are coming to the shows to see Guns n Roses, dont. Its a different band. I think this was a funny point.

Tommy elaborated on how Chinese Democracy is being made. He says Axl starts a song and passes it off to each member. He says its a lengthy process, but at the end of the day, you are left with a gem.

Matt talks about how he initiated them in the Strokes video, he says it was awesome to hear Slash jamming to a White Stripe song, and I guess he has hung out with Jack White.

Dave Kushner doesn't say one word.

Axl's only speech is during a 1992 interview with Duff and Matt in their tourbus. He rides his bike up to the open window and spits inside it. Then the interview, starstruck, just says goodluck on the tour. He says thanks and says he just wishes he could tell the days apart and how its such a blur.

Izzy doesn't say much. His interview was from 1992, it was pretty much about his new solo record.

Gilby touches on how he knows Axl can sing and write awesome music, but how when he saw the VMA's, it just wasn't the guts of Guns n Roses. He said it was just missing something.

I will write more and answer questions as it comes to me.

VAN: 11-7-2002 (RIOT!)
TACOMA: 11-8-2002
LONDON: 6-7-2006
DUBLIN: 6-9-2006
PARIS: 6-20-2006
ZURICH: 7-1-2006
CGY: 12-6-2006
EDM: 12-7-2006
CGY: 1-16-2010
EDM: 1-17-2010
SEA: 12-16-2011
VAN:
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 07:25:07 PM »

It's amazing that the only interview (not even an interview) /clip that Much Music (Canada's version of MTV) has of Axl Rose, is that one 30 second clip when Axl rides up on the bike during the Duff & Matt interview.

It's pretty hard to do a good "story of Guns N' Roses" when there's hardly anything from the center piece of the band...

And because of that (I disagree with the first post that said it wasn't an Axl-bash), I think it was very anti-Axl, since there is never anything from his point of view. Basically the theme of the special was that Axl is a head case and is the one who screwed everything up for the other guys and continues to do so. A lot of Slash, Duff and Matt talking about how they were the core of the band because Gilby was new and Axl "was on his own trip".

About Axl, Gilby said Axl looked and sounded great at the VMA's and the guys he was playing with are great but it's not GNR.

Slash in the recent 2004 interview said that Axl is brilliant and when he releases his record it will be great but he just needs to do it and "it's only a rock record".

By the way for the people who don't think we should be talking about the Kurt Cobain stuff, even in this "History of Guns N' Roses" special, they had a segment about it. Nothing new, but Slash said that Axl told him he had to come to see this great band Nirvana and that Axl got pissed when he invited Nirvana to tour with them and Kurt said no.

Also, I can't believe this was the first time I ever saw video of the infamous St. Louis riot. I remember reading all about it, but I never saw the video. That was interesting!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 09:06:18 PM by JamieG » Logged
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 07:50:42 PM »

Axl I am sure would have had to authorised his old interviews. I am also not even sure if Much Music has ever interviewed him. It was almost all Much Music footage.

They did have new members and Izzy and Gilby as well though. I think that offset Slash and Duff.

VAN:
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 07:58:15 PM »

Axl I am sure would have had to authorised his old interviews. I am also not even sure if Much Music has ever interviewed him. It was almost all Much Music footage.

They did have new members and Izzy and Gilby as well though. I think that offset Slash and Duff.

I don't think Axl has ever done an interview with Much Music. I can't recall one interview they ever did with him, except for the the bike thing during the Duff interview.

Yes, they interviewed who they could, but nothing from Axl's point of view or nothing from Axl's friends offering his point of view, saying this is why he did this or offering an explanation.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 08:57:21 PM »

were the interviews form dizzy and tommy brand new?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 09:19:35 PM »

No, I think they were during the tour.
charl!edontsurf
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 09:36:09 PM »

They were new to us. They were from the Toronto show in 2002.

VAN:
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 09:41:36 PM »

has of Axl Rose, is that one 30 second clip when Axl rides up on the bike during the Duff & Matt interview.

I remember that the interviewer (Dan something) who has since passed away, really liked Axl, so it was cool that he made an "appearance".  It's funny he seems so laid back in that clip.

I can't believe they have Izzy on tape, I've never seen that.  Someone should upload this for those of us without MMM.  
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2004, 10:02:54 PM »

has of Axl Rose, is that one 30 second clip when Axl rides up on the bike during the Duff & Matt interview.

I remember that the interviewer (Dan something) who has since passed away, really liked Axl, so it was cool that he made an "appearance".  It's funny he seems so laid back in that clip.

I can't believe they have Izzy on tape, I've never seen that.  Someone should upload this for those of us without MMM.  

The interviewer seemed so intimidated by Axl and so shocked that he did that.

Did Axl do many interviews with MTV over the years? I know he did the one with Kurt Loder after the VMA's and I know he had some prior relationship with him so he must have been interviewed in the past, but did he do many interviews with MTV over the years or just a few?

Izzy seemed really nice and soft-spoken.

shyne
Opening Act

Attitude.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2004, 01:34:21 AM »

really cool show.

they showed clips of pretty much all the videos too.
i didnt see dead horse, or like garden of eden, or the garden.

but all the biggest 'hits

and Axl was indeed MIA.  but he was funny at that one part.

The interview of Slash with Eric Dover(?) , the backdrop was the inside of the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.  im pretty sure...    it said the clip was from 2000 and thats when Slash's Snakepit was opening for AC/DC.  that was in the summer they came to Toronto.

craCK
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2004, 03:36:16 AM »

Slash's Snakepit could of been great if they ever got a good singer. See every doesnt hate Axl. They just want to see his work. I wish Axl did do more interiviews so people could hear his side.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2004, 08:31:58 AM »

Did Axl do many interviews with MTV over the years?

Slash and him did one in NYC (footage was used in GN'R Rockumentary)
Axl did one in 1989 (?) where he talks about burying Appetite with the next record.
Famous Last Words 1990 with Kurt Loder
One at the start of the UYI tour
1992 which was used for the Live & Loud GN'R / Metallica special
2002 VMA

I must've missed a few....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jagged Little Pill
Cheap Heartbreaker
VIP

You were born an original. Don't die a copy

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2004, 12:42:11 PM »

that part's funny ...u just see axl riding up on a bike..then he spits in the bus...and izzy looked pretty hot in those interviews.

Never be bullied into silence.  Never allow yourself to be made a victim.  Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
wildaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2004, 04:41:45 PM »

It's amazing that the only interview (not even an interview) /clip that Much Music (Canada's version of MTV) has of Axl Rose, is that one 30 second clip when Axl rides up on the bike during the Duff & Matt interview.

do you wonder why?
wildaxl
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2004, 04:48:15 PM »

2002 VMA

/jarmo
I have this one on tape,MTV did the interview when they played the Ritz in '88.
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2004, 11:47:09 PM »

[[Slash and him did one in NYC (footage was used in GN'R Rockumentary)
Axl did one in 1989 (?) where he talks about burying Appetite with the next record.
Famous Last Words 1990 with Kurt Loder
One at the start of the UYI tour
1992 which was used for the Live & Loud GN'R / Metallica special
2002 VM]]

Thanks Jarmo. That's about what I thought, a few but not many.

do you wonder why?

Yes, I wonder why. Much Music has been around for quite a while and they usually have at least one interview with most big names in the music industry, so I do find it surprising that they don't even have a single interview (can't call that bike clip an interview with him...)with Axl Rose over the years.

I always have known that he didn't do many interviews, but he did do some, I recall reading the Hit Parader one that someone posted in the My World thread, so it sort of shocking that Much Music doesn't have a single one.

Not giving a lot of interviews is a smart business tactic for "rock stars" actually. Like someone else said, it certainly would help if he gave an interview once in a while to explain his side of the story and giving interviews is a nice thing to do for the fans. But on the other side of the coin, they lose the mystery and intrigue if they give a lot of interviews. It's unfortunate that it works this way, but it's true. Performers who don't give many interviews are intriguing because there's a mystery with them and when there is an interview, everyone flocks to it because it's so rare. But when someone gives a lot of interviews, they lose that quality.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 11:43:29 AM »

Pulling this up from the grave. I did a search and this was the first oe on the topic I came across and I'm not starting a new post about it.

I finally got to see this last night. Missed the first 15 minutes tho as I had just come in from work. From what I did see though it seemed a pretty fair commentary on the history of GnR without much Axl bashing. Though I do find it strange (as someone else pointed out) that MMM doesn't have a one on one interview of Axl. Maybe they'll get one around the time of CD being released.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 11:47:16 AM »

/jarmo

was this the CBGB's one? because that one was with Mtv aswell right?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: