Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:22:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R IN CANADA TV TOMORROW.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R IN CANADA TV TOMORROW.  (Read 6451 times)
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2004, 11:47:09 PM »

[[Slash and him did one in NYC (footage was used in GN'R Rockumentary)
Axl did one in 1989 (?) where he talks about burying Appetite with the next record.
Famous Last Words 1990 with Kurt Loder
One at the start of the UYI tour
1992 which was used for the Live & Loud GN'R / Metallica special
2002 VM]]

Thanks Jarmo. That's about what I thought, a few but not many.

It's amazing that the only interview (not even an interview) /clip that Much Music (Canada's version of MTV) has of Axl Rose, is that one 30 second clip when Axl rides up on the bike during the Duff & Matt interview.

do you wonder why?

Yes, I wonder why. Much Music has been around for quite a while and they usually have at least one interview with most big names in the music industry, so I do find it surprising that they don't even have a single interview (can't call that bike clip an interview with him...)with Axl Rose over the years.

I always have known that he didn't do many interviews, but he did do some, I recall reading the Hit Parader one that someone posted in the My World thread, so it sort of shocking that Much Music doesn't have a single one.

Not giving a lot of interviews is a smart business tactic for "rock stars" actually. Like someone else said, it certainly would help if he gave an interview once in a while to explain his side of the story and giving interviews is a nice thing to do for the fans. But on the other side of the coin, they lose the mystery and intrigue if they give a lot of interviews. It's unfortunate that it works this way, but it's true. Performers who don't give many interviews are intriguing because there's a mystery with them and when there is an interview, everyone flocks to it because it's so rare. But when someone gives a lot of interviews, they lose that quality.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 11:43:29 AM »

Pulling this up from the grave. I did a search and this was the first oe on the topic I came across and I'm not starting a new post about it.

I finally got to see this last night. Missed the first 15 minutes tho as I had just come in from work. From what I did see though it seemed a pretty fair commentary on the history of GnR without much Axl bashing. Though I do find it strange (as someone else pointed out) that MMM doesn't have a one on one interview of Axl. Maybe they'll get one around the time of CD being released.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 11:47:16 AM »

Did Axl do many interviews with MTV over the years?

Slash and him did one in NYC (footage was used in GN'R Rockumentary)

/jarmo

was this the CBGB's one? because that one was with Mtv aswell right?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: