Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 10:28:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It's coming...but is IT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's coming...but is IT  (Read 3320 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« on: February 11, 2007, 08:43:54 AM »

February 18, 2007 is the first day of the Chinese new year will this date herald the start of an offical marketing campaign?

Chinese New Year celebrations last 15 days in china, Day 15= Monday 5th March 2007. The optimist in me says next  Sunday the first Ads for CD are in the Newspapers with a 14 day blitz afterwards... When Chinese New Year celebration ends, it does so with Democracy in place.  peace

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 08:50:40 AM »

When Chinese New Year celebration ends, it does so with Democracy in place.? peace

This is a confusing sentence...it's just an album, democracy in china is still a long way away, so its a bit of a pointless metaphor. Interesting that the european release date is fifteen days after the chinese new year...well spotted. Not gonna happen like this though. Sad

Chris Axl
All that I wanted was...
Rocker

Axl Got My Sunglasses

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 08:53:33 AM »

damn, wouldent that be cool hihi

If I were you, I'd manage to abhor the invitation
Of promised love that can't keep up with your adoration
Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration
To choose your steps and w
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 08:54:22 AM »

February 18, 2007 is the first day of the Chinese new year will this date herald the start of an offical marketing campaign?

Chinese New Year celebrations last 15 days in china, Day 15= Monday 5th March 2007. The optimist in me says next? Sunday the first Ads for CD are in the Newspapers with a 14 day blitz afterwards... When Chinese New Year celebration ends, it does so with Democracy in place.? peace

I brought this up about a week ago and basically was told I was crazy for even thinking it . Probably so ? ? drool

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
wight gunner
VIP

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 08:56:42 AM »

it's just an album, democracy in china is still a long way away, so its a bit of a pointless metaphor.
but that's the point CD is a metaphor anyway, or am I alone in thinking that. ?

I may be wrong about this, but didn't Axl say something to the effect "we all can hope that Democray reaches china" or did I dream that

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 09:27:22 AM »

it's just an album, democracy in china is still a long way away, so its a bit of a pointless metaphor.

I may be wrong about this, but didn't Axl say something to the effect "we all can hope that Democray reaches china" or did I dream that

Yeah you probably dreamt that...

Anyway, the basic idea of it sounds pretty good, if a little unrealistic. However, we can all hope  peace
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 09:33:07 AM »

I just wonder if we'll hear anything by March 6th ??

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
.Seal
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »

Haha that's a great theory  Grin

050706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
060706, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
050610, GN'R in Helsinki, Finland.
180816, GN'R in LA, CA.
190816, GN'R in LA, CA.
wight gunner
VIP

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 09:53:40 AM »

Quote from: wight gunner on Today at 08:56:42 AM

Yeah you probably dreamt that...

I knew I didn't, this is from the 1999 Kurt Loder interview...

Loder: You're going to call this album "Chinese Democracy." What is the meaning of that, since there is no Chinese democracy, of course?

Rose: Well, there's a lot of Chinese democracy movements, and it's something that there's a lot of talk about, and it's something that will be nice to see. It could also just be like an ironic statement. I don't know, I just like the sound of it.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 10:06:17 AM »

As always, I'm hopeful.  At this point, however, I'm convinced that the album isn't out yet because of the various aspects of the recording, mastering, marketing, production, and legal sides of the music business rather than some grand, deep, clever, or creative significance of the specific month/day/year that the album is released.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 06:15:02 PM »

damn, wouldent that be cool hihi

yeah it would but i agree with estrangedpaul on this one..................sadly Cry

I brought this up about a week ago and basically was told I was crazy for even thinking it . Probably so ?? ?drool

lol lmao yeah i remember that one
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 06:17:06 PM by CHINESE DEMOCRACY eventually » Logged

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 06:34:28 PM »

We know that if the album is finished it has only been finished recently, because it wasn't a few weeks ago. If that's the case then I can only see the said release date being possible in as far as it fits in nicely.

I read recently that the new Harry Potter book is going to be released a week or two (I forget the exact date) after 07/07/07... Imagine the potential marketing blitz had that have been the release. Even though it is still a fair way away, JK Rowling, the publisher or whoever are chooosing not to rush the book through in order to have it ready for that release; they want it done properly, and aren't prepared to risk blowing it just because of the potential of marketing it for a specific day.

Similarly, I don't think that this new album is going to be hurried in order to see what would be an almost perfect release date; it will be released when it's ready, and when it's ready it will be released. Axl has taken years over this, so I think that any possibility of the said release date happening relies on either the album already being complete or a happy coincidence.

Wizards with spectacles asside... I draw the comparrison because it shows how people think in regard to marketing with a release day, innit.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Eclipsed107
VIP

Fucked over in Philly - 12/06/02

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 10:10:55 PM »

You know, that's kind of clever.. starting the promotion on the Chinese new year.

Even if it's not the plan someone should steal you're idea and claim it as "the plan". hihi

And I agree with bringbackadler, I'm starting to worry if we'll hear anything at all by the 6th of march. Sad

If I said you had a beautiful body, would you take your pants off and dance around a little?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: