Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 12:14:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227919 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  When Axl finally comes out, what do U think will be his explanation?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When Axl finally comes out, what do U think will be his explanation?  (Read 11899 times)
withoutyoubaby
Rocker

« on: September 29, 2003, 09:32:53 PM »

Being in his shoes (if I was), I am sure he feels the pressure, somewhat?   What do you think he will have ready to say to the public about what happened to the tour and the long awaited CD?

"It's my CD and I'll do what I want to" hihi

All kiding aside, he must have something in store or an idea?

Do you remember me
slashnbuckethead
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 10:20:25 PM »

I hope he gets on tv and just goes . " oops"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 10:58:53 PM »

it will probably be something brief, if something at all....my bet is on the latter

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Dizzy
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 11:00:02 PM »

"I really was on my way to Philadelphia for that show, but on my way out of the hotel room, I got my dick stuck in the bathroom door and I couldn't get out until now!  And did I mention it's all Slash's fault?"
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 11:32:45 PM »

thats a real funny comment dizzy...all i know is that axl said slash is lazy and he didnt want to take anything to a new level i beleive him because josh todd said the same thing about slash and how lazy and shit he is.....

ur a playa hata my friend not good....i liek slash but ur bringing me to ur level...bad me

and for the original post...axl doesnt owe any kind of explanation how why the cd has taken so long....he will be asked about it and will gladly tell us htough...and THE MUSIC WILL SPEAK FOR ITSELF!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 11:46:59 PM »

"I really was on my way to Philadelphia for that show, but on my way out of the hotel room, I got my dick stuck in the bathroom door and I couldn't get out until now!  And did I mention it's all Slash's fault?"

Why do u take every opportunity to take a cheap shot at Axl? I think we all understood u don't like Axl and/ or what he's doing and you prefer VR and Slash. Fair enough, but this kind of comments are getting old...especially when it's repeatedly rehashing the same stuff.

RZ4
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 12:06:47 AM »

That was lame.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 12:13:51 AM »

i thought it was his hand in the trash conpactor? get the shit right dizzy damn it dude! rofl hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bluesmaster
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 12:14:36 AM »

lame indeed. no
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 12:18:40 AM »

If we get any explaination, I'll be shocked.  We'll be damn lucky to ever see the album.

Edit:  If we were going to have an explaination, I think we should have heard it by now.  Anything that wasn't said by the end of January more than likely will only come out in about 20 years.  I'd like to have an explaination, don't get me wrong, but seriously, what do you guys think the odds are that Axl's even going to address the question ... ever?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2003, 12:23:39 AM by echrisl » Logged

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 02:20:30 AM »

Not lame Dizzy. ok

rofl Anyways.... stupid thread.... do you honestly think that Axl will give an explanation?

You'll be lucky to get "We have a legal team looking into it."

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 04:39:18 AM »

dizzy,dont worry, that was funny.  hihi
 ok

the reason it's takin so much time is that axl is writing a book right now about how it takes so much timeto make the cd, and the book will be released with the cd, but as he'swriting the book, he cant finish the cd, so the story gets bigger, so the book gets longer, so axl writes more, and more, and it NEVER STOPS !!!!!!!!  nervous

Grin

EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 08:26:19 AM »

"When Axl finally comes out, what do U think will be his explanation?"

When Axl comes out???  Is he gay or something?

Seriously, we won't get any explanation..if any, it will be blamed on anyone & everyone but Axl.

And as far as Slash being lazy...lets take a look at wha t Slash has done in the last 10 years and what Axl Hole has done.  All Slash wants to do is play music..Axl had a whole other agenda..he cares about being popular, he cares about hit singles, and a bunch of other self absorbing things.
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2003, 08:43:04 AM »

This post is full of shit-throwers that just love to take shots at Axl. Dizzy's post- just plain dumb. Then, in attempt to show who can make a more pointless post, eet_fuk makes a gay joke. Sometimes Axl-bashing is called for, but enough with the same few people using every thread to talk shit. I'm glad someone has called them out, and a mod no less.

Back on topic, I don't know if there could be a valid reason for what has happened. Could he ever say something that would cause everyone to go "that's OK Axl, we understand"? The only thing that would make everone forget is to release CD. I'm sure that would get fans talking about something else. I agree with what others have been saying; I doubt we will ever hear an explanation from Axl.
EET_FUK
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 08:46:29 AM »

Quit yer cryin, coon.   crying
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2003, 09:00:21 AM »

Quit yer cryin, coon.   crying

I don't remember crying in my post. Wait, now that you made your well thought out point above, I'm feeling kinda sad and shamed  Cry  Cry  Cry
If you want to talk about crying, listen to yourself talking about Slash.

On topic though, I agree with what you said about Axl not giving a good reason for what happened. I don't know if he'll try to blame everyone else, but my guess is he thinks CD will make everyone forget about it.
decadent
Headliner

Found a head and an arm in da garbage can...

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2003, 09:59:37 AM »

- a lot of new ideas were brought by the new members
- tour plans failed
- difficulty of this project

in other words, nothing new
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2003, 11:00:15 AM »

Yea, very funny mate-when has Axl ever said anything to do with CD is Slash's fault? Or was that just you taking ANOTHER opportunity to take a shitty cheap shot at Axl? Yeah, thought so!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2003, 11:16:05 AM »

First off axl doesn't really have to explain anything (well a philly explaination would be appropriate)

But really he'll probably say something along the lines of

"With the old line up we did a lot of great things.... I mean appetite blew the roof off of everything and I dare I say opened up the doors for bands like nirvana and NIN because we took on pop music and said "fuck it we do what we want"... then with the illusions we created some huge things. The whole process of showing your own demons and weakness on film and in music (estranged, november rain, coma, breakdown etc etc) is difficult. I truly think we took Guns to the next level of musicanship and artistry with the illusions. We had one of the most successful tours ever, and with that came a standard of what Guns N Roses stands for. GnR has always been about pushing the envelope and taking things to the next level. Whether it was getting enough cash to eat, getting enough money to fix the van to tour, pushing the live show to the limits to get people to the clubs, taking the lyrical level from "talk dirty to me" to "to heal the broken memories that another man would need just to survive"... guns has always pushed on to the next level.

After the illusions I thought we were ready to push things to the next level again... unfortunately those around me didn't feel the same way, and were content to exist on past glories.... i have always thought that Guns fans are the best in the world, and would and will never be content to not give them what they deserve... the best music guns can deliever....

You have to understand everyone but me and dizzy abandoned the cause, the vision... and to compete and surpass what GnR did in the past is not an easy feat... it took me 3-4 years to find the right people for the job, it takes time to create a natural chemisty, and to supercede and move to the next level....

At different points I thought we were ready to make the next move, but the best intentions sometimes go astray... Reality changes from day to day and its only now i feel that GnR is where it should be, to truly give the fans what they deserve.

I never thought it would take this long, but I thank everyone for being patient... i'm sure you'll agree it was worth the wait"

Peace Love

W. Axl Rose

Thats what I think axl would say

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
Breakdown
Opening Act

Fat People Are Harder To Kidnap......

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2003, 04:40:03 PM »

Actually NIN's first album came out the same time as Appetite...so Axl wouldnt say shit about NIN.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2003, 05:06:34 PM »

Actually NIN's first album came out the same time as Appetite...so Axl wouldnt say shit about NIN.

Pretty Hate Machine was released in 1989, Appetite in 1987.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2003, 09:02:31 PM »

Well, no matter when NIN's first album came out.  Crashdiet's idea for an explanation by Axl is pretty good...I mean, if I read that on the GN'R website, it would seem like the best possible explanation Axl could offer.  I mean, it's basically what he's said before.  I like the last line, about the wait being worth it...it's a hopeful kinda thing.  I'm sure that if Axl is happy with the album (notorious perfectionist that he is), we'll all be absolutely in love with it.  It's all relative.

Still, I'm guessing that if Axl ever does offer an explanation for the 10 year+ wait for the album, it'll be some throwaway line he says to an interviewer about how he "wanted to get the songs just right", or something like that.  We've seen from the way he's handled his various riots that Axl is NOT the kind of guy who feels he needs to explain his actions.
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2003, 09:28:53 PM »

The music off of CD will explain everything and make all this silence obsolete smoking Cheesy  Wink

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2003, 09:47:53 PM »

the reason it's takin so much time is that axl is writing a book right now about how it takes so much timeto make the cd, and the book will be released with the cd, but as he'swriting the book, he cant finish the cd, so the story gets bigger, so the book gets longer, so axl writes more, and more, and it NEVER STOPS !!!!!!!!  nervous

ok  THAT was great.

oh, coon.... by "he made a gay joke", are you using gay as a derogatory term saying his joke was really bad? or that it was a homosexual joke?  You need to be careful about being politically correct dammit.   Grin
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2003, 06:53:36 AM »

I honestly believe he will say nothing..Let the music speak for itself and if he can tour and the "buzz" is good, why say nothing.  I think as well if the Slash and Duff were still in the band we would have heard something. But if all goes to hell, we will all be back here wodering as we are now? I dunno it is early and have not had my coffee yet, have a great day everyone.

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2003, 08:43:25 AM »

ok  THAT was great.

oh, coon.... by "he made a gay joke", are you using gay as a derogatory term saying his joke was really bad? or that it was a homosexual joke?  You need to be careful about being politically correct dammit.   Grin

I forgot about being PC. What the fucking hell was I thinking? I guess I'll have to explain better next time  Wink
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2003, 02:17:13 PM »

For goodness sake... why the hell should Axl give some of you guys on here an explanation... when you slag him off!
Leave him alone!
And i don't care if you guys think that i'm an Axl Ass-Kisser,
because if thats the case, i'm proud to support him through-out!
InSupportOfAxl i agree with you gal!
Just listen to CD and see for yourselves!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Dizzy
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2003, 06:01:03 PM »

For goodness sake... why the hell should Axl give some of you guys on here an explanation... when you slag him off!

He definitely owes the Philadelphia attendees an explanation no matter what they say about him.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2003, 06:06:28 PM »

that is prob the only statement i will ever agree with dizzy with lol

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jive
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2003, 06:49:05 PM »

The evidence is overwhelming that Axl suffers from manic depression. Its been well documented through out the years. Axl thinks the world is out to get him, yet he does things that invites such criticism. Paranoia.
He dislikes the internet, the media, the public and even, dare I say, his fans. I don't think Axl would ever say anything about the matter, nor whould he let anybody ask him of it.

Remember the list of "questions not to ask," he had his people slam on the interviewer? Well, that list is getting longer and longer. Having said that, Chinese Democracy's release will shut the million other questions temporarily. Because CD, will bring about a whole set of new questions...such as why the sound, why techno, why this and that.....
Dizzy
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2003, 06:56:07 PM »

The evidence is overwhelming that Axl suffers from manic depression.

Since Axl once said that he does, I'd say you're right, the evidence is overwhelming.  [hihi]
michael mackagan
Got Prostitute?
VIP

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2003, 10:14:07 PM »

hihi hihi  rofl rofl  that's a funny shit!  hihi hihi   rofl rofl

An explanation?  We're not even gonna get an album,never mind an explanation.

DUFF
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2003, 11:40:50 PM »

First off axl doesn't really have to explain anything (well a philly explaination would be appropriate)

But really he'll probably say something along the lines of

"With the old line up we did a lot of great things.... I mean appetite blew the roof off of everything and I dare I say opened up the doors for bands like nirvana and NIN because we took on pop music and said "fuck it we do what we want"... then with the illusions we created some huge things. The whole process of showing your own demons and weakness on film and in music (estranged, november rain, coma, breakdown etc etc) is difficult. I truly think we took Guns to the next level of musicanship and artistry with the illusions. We had one of the most successful tours ever, and with that came a standard of what Guns N Roses stands for. GnR has always been about pushing the envelope and taking things to the next level. Whether it was getting enough cash to eat, getting enough money to fix the van to tour, pushing the live show to the limits to get people to the clubs, taking the lyrical level from "talk dirty to me" to "to heal the broken memories that another man would need just to survive"... guns has always pushed on to the next level.

After the illusions I thought we were ready to push things to the next level again... unfortunately those around me didn't feel the same way, and were content to exist on past glories.... i have always thought that Guns fans are the best in the world, and would and will never be content to not give them what they deserve... the best music guns can deliever....

You have to understand everyone but me and dizzy abandoned the cause, the vision... and to compete and surpass what GnR did in the past is not an easy feat... it took me 3-4 years to find the right people for the job, it takes time to create a natural chemisty, and to supercede and move to the next level....

At different points I thought we were ready to make the next move, but the best intentions sometimes go astray... Reality changes from day to day and its only now i feel that GnR is where it should be, to truly give the fans what they deserve.

I never thought it would take this long, but I thank everyone for being patient... i'm sure you'll agree it was worth the wait"

Peace Love

W. Axl Rose

Thats what I think axl would say

Oh please.......

I think most people would see a statement like that for what it is: a bunch of self-serving, self agrandizing, dishonest, pompous tripe, complete with backhanded compliments to the former members & not so thinly veiled criticisms of the former members who were, as you put it, "content to rest on past glories".

Whatever. I really think if he put out something like that, he'd get slammed even more than he does now, & rightly so,  for being such a phony and not giving a real & honest explanation for what's been going on the last x number of years.

"You have to understand everyone but me and dizzy abandoned the cause, blah blah blah...." nah, that's not too self serving. Roll Eyes

But hey, that's just my opinion.
michael mackagan
Got Prostitute?
VIP

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2003, 09:00:34 PM »

You have to understand everyone but me and dizzy abandoned the cause. hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi    rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

This is what I like to call,the tool of the day. hihi hihi

DUFF
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2003, 09:05:49 PM »

My two cents:
1. it is not a stupid thread
2. Axl will blame someone/something
3. fans are not likely to ever hear the truth because.....Axl is Axl
4. we ARE owed an explanation, especially those who bought tickets, rented rooms, and traveled far to see the band.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2003, 05:34:26 AM »

I doubt anything will be said.....like usual

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2003, 01:42:45 PM »

Oh please.......

I think most people would see a statement like that for what it is: a bunch of self-serving, self agrandizing, dishonest, pompous tripe, complete with backhanded compliments to the former members & not so thinly veiled criticisms of the former members who were, as you put it, "content to rest on past glories".

Whatever. I really think if he put out something like that, he'd get slammed even more than he does now, & rightly so,  for being such a phony and not giving a real & honest explanation for what's been going on the last x number of years.

"You have to understand everyone but me and dizzy abandoned the cause, blah blah blah...." nah, that's not too self serving. Roll Eyes

Why is that a lot of people can't see this thing from axl's perspective... I mean he didn't want to put out what he thought was tired shitty music. The other members decided to leave, he was and still is determined to give the fans something great.

Whether or not you think he can do something great without slash or duff or izzy is almost irrelevant, because axl thinks he can (and I trust that he will deliver)... he truly feels the rest of the band abandoned him "i'm as upset and disappointed as you are" (not an exact quote from rio, talking about the absence of the former members).

Axl truly feels he was forced to carry on the legacy alone... and I support him in that cause.

Slash says he never offically quit but just took a break, well axl had to have a guitarist so he replaced him, and continued on.

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
its_so_easy
Rocker

axl rose is back!!!

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2003, 02:04:51 PM »

Oh please.......

Why is that a lot of people can't see this thing from axl's perspective... I mean he didn't want to put out what he thought was tired shitty music. The other members decided to leave, he was and still is determined to give the fans something great.

Whether or not you think he can do something great without slash or duff or izzy is almost irrelevant, because axl thinks he can (and I trust that he will deliver)... he truly feels the rest of the band abandoned him "i'm as upset and disappointed as you are" (not an exact quote from rio, talking about the absence of the former members).

Axl truly feels he was forced to carry on the legacy alone... and I support him in that cause.

Slash says he never offically quit but just took a break, well axl had to have a guitarist so he replaced him, and continued on.

yeah, Axl continued on, look at all the amazing  things he has done since

Good fuckin night
Dizzy
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2003, 04:19:31 PM »

After 1996, Slash has never said he didn't officially quit.  He said numerous times that he did.  
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2003, 04:50:11 PM »

" Blame Canada"
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2003, 08:47:01 PM »

I think we deserve an explanation since Philly was an absolute disaster for the band. however, judging from axl's past, i doubt we will get an explanation from him in which he assumes any guilt for what happened. Whatever news we get will be an interesting spin; i think that perhaps other band members may comment on it, but axl will sufficiently insulate himself from the matter so that the question won't ever be asked of him; remember he would limit the questions that people asked him, nothing about Vancouver or the old band were allowed.

As for why the tour ended, I think that Axl felt MSG was the culmination of the tour; its purpose was to get the band some time on stage and generate some inspiration for writing the album. After a brilliant MSG show, there simply was little reason to continue. I believe Axl grew bored playing the old stuff and weary of the scathing reviews criticizing the set lists and tardiness; There must have been a letdown after  a huge show like which probably triggered a manic episode . he probably went into his shell again. reports from his hotel indicated he was in a very bad mood the day of the philly show and did not want to come out.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
bill213
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2003, 10:30:42 PM »

Well being a Philadelphia "survivor" of the great GNR riot of 02, I say this.....I don't need an explanation for shit.  Sure Axl didn't show...wasn't the first or probably the last.....sure I spent 50 bucks on a train ticket there and back.....sure I paid 50 bucks for a limo to take me to the fucking First Union Center because the taxi line was about half a mile long......sure I okay yeah i'm pissed hhaha and i got to see an awesome mix master mike concert and wowowowow okay sarcasm setting in.....okay whoa yes please....what explanation could make this better?  I sure hope that game was good haha.
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2003, 10:36:52 PM »

I don't know what he can possible say. He's harder to hunt down than Osama Bin Laden, I wish he would come out of his cave and perform in concert.
bill213
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2003, 10:38:44 PM »

Who should perform, Axl or Osama? confused
I would actually like to hear Osama do a cover of welcome to the jungle
« Last Edit: October 03, 2003, 10:39:47 PM by bill213 » Logged
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2003, 10:39:59 PM »

Axl-of course
bill213
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2003, 10:42:21 PM »

Ha i would actually put my money on Osama and Saddam doing a bob hope/bing cosby tribute show than to see Axl anytime soon
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2003, 10:45:12 PM »

LOL- you are so funny love
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2003, 01:30:57 AM »

Axl probably won't say anythign....and I odn't blame him...he doesn't need to , or doesn't have too.... I hope he doesn't say a word....just to piss off everyone who is waiting for him to talk

Axl is God.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2003, 03:10:34 AM »

Well being a Philadelphia "survivor" of the great GNR riot of 02, I say this.....I don't need an explanation for shit.  Sure Axl didn't show...wasn't the first or probably the last.....sure I spent 50 bucks on a train ticket there and back.....sure I paid 50 bucks for a limo to take me to the fucking First Union Center because the taxi line was about half a mile long......sure I okay yeah i'm pissed hhaha and i got to see an awesome mix master mike concert and wowowowow okay sarcasm setting in.....okay whoa yes please....what explanation could make this better?  I sure hope that game was good haha.

actually it was one of the greatest games of all time, the dallas mavericks had a 27 point lead over axl's beloved lakers midway thru the 3rd quarter, the lakers came all the way back and won!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
bill213
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2003, 10:41:40 AM »

holy crap no wonder i woulda ditched philly for that too.  Hell to see the Mavs actually in the playoffs woulda been amazing but to have them blow such a beautiful lead well.....go lakers:X:X  Ha remember when the lakers and sixers were playing in philly and axl was at the game.....gosh maybe if we can get the lakers and sixers back in the playoffs he'll come back.  Its bad because Axl himself said he was a big Sixers fan so i don't think he intentionally wanted to hurt the folks in philly..god bless our hearts.  Well for one thing Mix Master Mike found himself a new lifelong fan that night...haha um ok no.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2004, 09:06:53 PM »

You kidding me? There will be no explanation. A year + later all we get is "ask Clear channel." What does that tell you?
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2004, 11:46:15 PM »

He'll come out and say that he took a right instead of a left and it took him all that time to find his way back.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2004, 04:02:00 PM »

You know what Axl is gonna say  rofl

EEEERRRR Little boy
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2004, 10:53:17 PM »

You kidding me? There will be no explanation. A year + later all we get is "ask Clear channel." What does that tell you?

when did he say that? and to whom?

i thought the tommy interview was the only real info there was about why the philly show was cancelled..  confused

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2004, 03:16:59 AM »

Im sure after the legal mumbo jumbo concerning the show is settled axl well probably go on a rrant explaing his side of the whole philly thing, and as for CD taking so long you'll probably get something simliar to what we got at the end of the VMAs with some new stuff like band members coming and going, a very diffrent and very invloving and democratic recording process (the process Tommy describes), legal issues and what not; but you'll not get something new,

peace  peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2004, 09:44:13 AM »

I don't think you will get an explanation....what can he say?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2004, 09:03:05 AM »

"it's all Bucketheads fault"... hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2004, 11:08:54 AM »

Axl owes us an explanation like Ricky Williams owes Miami fans one.
None of them owes us a goddamned thing.
Deal.

/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: