Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  ~~~Official New York Yankees Fans Thread~~~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~~~Official New York Yankees Fans Thread~~~  (Read 20832 times)
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »

Were beating Texas 4-0 bottom 1st so far!

Yeah, time to get excited there, pounding a last-place team!  Woohoo!

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 12:23:23 PM »

Better than the alternative.....getting pounded by a last place team.

Smiley

They need the gimmee's right now....it lets Mussina and Wang "stretch their legs" a bit on their road to recovery.  They're at .500, now.....lets see if they can keep the 7-3 over the last 10 games "bent" as they move on to tougher teams.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 12:41:01 PM »

Phil Garner was on the radio the other day saying that Clemens' deal with the Astros was tolerated and accepted untill he started missing games etc. and showing up at Movie premiers and Golf outings.

Clemens = whore

Plain and simple
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 01:00:53 PM »

Phil Garner was on the radio the other day saying that Clemens' deal with the Astros was tolerated and accepted untill he started missing games etc. and showing up at Movie premiers and Golf outings.

Clemens = whore

Plain and simple

You know, my question is: How does that make him any different than just about every other player in the league?  Are they working for free?

With Clemens, you likely get 6 solid innings every 5th day....something the Yanks can't say about ANY other candidate on their roster for that 4th starting spot.

If they feel that's worth what Clemens wanted, $$$-wise, what's the big deal?  IF he misses games or goes to play golf or goes to a movie premiere instead of doing what he can to make the team better, then I suppose there's some griping to be done.  But til then.....the guy has worked hard, and been so consistently good, for so long, that he can get the types of deals he gets because teams feel they NEED him.  I'm not sure why there's some expectation that he should be all "altruistic" and play for less than he can get. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 01:02:38 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 01:23:38 PM »

Hey, Clemens has earned the right to make his own rules. He is the Greatest Right Handed Pitcher in the history of the game. Is he worth 28 Million (22 prorated) probably not, but if he can fix the hole that the Yankee's have in their rotation and they have the 6.5 million a month (salary and luxury tax) what's the problem. Any team with the cash would be stupid not to give him a chance to help their team. If you already have a solid club house that can stop internal backlash from some players who feel that they also deserve special treatment than he is a great pick up. If not he could be a cancer...

I just wish the Sox had upped their offer 10 million (for more senimental reason than anything), I would have loved to see him end where he started. Also would love to see him get the ring that he missed in 86.

1. Shilling
2. Beckett
3. Dice-K
4. Clemens
5. Wakefield

Would have been fun to watch.
Sorry to derail the subject there..... Back to the Yankee's everyone.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »

Yeah so? We're supposed to beat them!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 05:29:09 PM »

As long as he goes out there every 5th day and gives us a chance to win he could go around town with his pants down pissing everywhere for all i give a damn.
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 06:05:52 PM »

If the pitching in perticular the bullpen turns it around the offence will hold up its end of the bargain  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
sandman
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 08:18:42 PM »

any yankees fans left?  rofl

"The plummeting Yankees (18-23) lost for the seventh time in nine games and matched their low-water mark in a dismal season. At five games below .500, they are right back where they were when owner George Steinbrenner called his team's 9-14 start "clearly not acceptable."

Perhaps even more disconcerting for a $195 million team that has won nine straight AL East titles, New York fell 11 games behind the division-leading Red Sox going into the second game of Boston's doubleheader against Atlanta.

The Yankees are 1-7 this year against their two biggest rivals, the Red Sox and Mets. All-Star second baseman Robinson Cano made three errors and botched a double-play relay for the Yankees. He also homered, grounded into an inning-ending double play with two on and struck out with runners at the corners in the ninth."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 08:27:33 PM »

The way the starting pitches are dropping like flies is almost getting comical. Today we lose Rasner to a broken finger on a comebacker. The offense has become the big problem though. The pitching has actually kept us in the games for the most part. When you are only scoring 2-3 runs and giving up 4-5 you aren't going to win very often.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 08:17:02 AM »

any yankees fans left?  rofl

We're here.  We don't bolt like other fans do when their team is going through a rough patch. Smiley

But what is there to say?  The pitching finally gets better....and the offense decides to go on vacation.  Thankfully, the past couple of games the bats seemed to have woken up, A-rod seems to be heating up again, and the pitching is holding the line.  The Rasner thing sucks, but Clemens is only a couple weeks away so they can probably find a way to patch the rotation together until he arrives.

And, well...we're still only about a 1/4 of the way through the season.  There's a lot of baseball left to be played.  If, by the AS break, the yanks aren't withing striking distance (5 games-ish) of a playoff spot, THEN it's time to start REALLY worrying.  The key here is who stays healthy...both on the yanks and on the other teams.  Those vaunted, hot as hell Red Sox saw a pretty sizeable lead evaporate last year, after the AS break, due to injuries.....anything can happen in the next 120 games or so.

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 12:37:31 PM »

Those vaunted, hot as hell Red Sox saw a pretty sizeable lead evaporate last year, after the AS break, due to injuries.....anything can happen in the next 120 games or so.

All I see is 1978 all over again... who gets to play the Bucky Dent roll on the last day of the season?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2007, 11:15:52 PM »

Those vaunted, hot as hell Red Sox saw a pretty sizeable lead evaporate last year, after the AS break, due to injuries.....anything can happen in the next 120 games or so.

All I see is 1978 all over again... who gets to play the Bucky Dent roll on the last day of the season?

My money would be on Arod he is absolutely due for something huge like that.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 11:50:09 AM »

People also ignore the obvious:  The Yanks don't need to win the AL East, or surpass the Red Sox.  They just need to be better than (by the looks of things) Detroit and Cleveland.  Now, granted, at this point that only means a couple of games difference in the standings (7.5 back instead of 9.5 back), but that's where they need to start, then worry about the sox once they play themselves back into the playoff picture.  One step at a time.

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 02:11:13 PM »

People also ignore the obvious:? The Yanks don't need to win the AL East, or surpass the Red Sox.? They just need to be better than (by the looks of things) Detroit and Cleveland.? Now, granted, at this point that only means a couple of games difference in the standings (7.5 back instead of 9.5 back), but that's where they need to start, then worry about the sox once they play themselves back into the playoff picture.? One step at a time.

Yes but we need to win the AL East (2nd place for the last 12 years really sucks), and I can already see the early October one game playoff bring the curse back.
SlashHoppus182
What's My Age Again?
Banned
Opening Act

Blink182

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2007, 03:31:43 PM »

Come on Yankees! We need a sweep over the boys in beantown tonight!

Hyman will whoop you x2!
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2007, 09:38:34 PM »

Try being better than Baltimore before you talk about playoffs.

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Talking about PLAYOFFS? Are you kidding me?

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 07:46:54 AM »

We're talking about goals, here.

And on paper, can you honestly look at any other team in the AL East and say they're MORE of a threat to make a run at a playoff spot (I'm talking BESIDES the Red sox)?

No, didn't think so.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:12:35 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 05:52:42 PM »

The Yanks are a half game behind Baltimore, and 1.5 out of second in the East. They are also just 7 back from the Wild Card right now. There is still alot of baseball left... If that lineup catches fire, and the pitching staff can get a little stability there will be a very interesting September in our futures.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2007, 09:40:48 PM »

That is an awful lot of ifs that need to happen. I'm not saying Baltimore/Toronto will finish ahead of the Yanks, I just don't know that the Wild Card will be coming from the AL East this year. While only around 7 out, there are quite a few teams within that 7 games that they would to jump, and those other teams don't play the same brutal schedule the Yankees play.

Besides tangling with the Sox some more, the Orioles always play New York tough, and they have another 3 game series with the Mets I believe before the All-Star break. That is a tough hill to climb.

For the record, I am not a Sox fan. I do not like the Yankees at all, but have a deep respect for the way the organization treats the game and the way they operate. They are a class act in every sense of the word, with the exception of A-Rod's bush league plays that he seems to pull every couple years or so. (2004 Playoffs, Yelling whatever he yelled recently)

They just need a shake up to get younger again, and they'll be right back on top.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: