Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:42:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game IX: Highway to Hell
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game IX: Highway to Hell  (Read 103123 times)
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« on: March 12, 2008, 12:49:27 PM »

Rules

DRAFTING HAS A 24 HOUR TIME LIMIT

RAW/SmackDown!/ECW Match (+5)
RAW/SmackDown!/ECW Win (+7)
SNME/3 Hour Raw/Smackdown/ECW/Special Match (+6)
SNME/3 Hour Raw/Smackdown/ECW/Special Win (+10)
Heat Match (+2)
Heat Win (+3)
Pay Per View Match (+8)
Pay Per View Win (+12)
All Shows: Win a Title (+30)
All Shows: Special Guest Referee (+2)
All Shows: Lumberjack (+2)
All Shows: Win a No.1 Contender Match (+6)
All Shows: Retain a Title (+20)
All Shows: Eliminating an opponent from a Royal Rumble, Battle Royal, Elimination Match (SS, Tag, Gauntlet), Elimination Chamber, 6-Pack Challenge etc. (+5)
All Shows: Disqualification (-4)
All Shows: Lose A Title (-10)
All Shows: Is A Survivor In A Survior Series Match (+5)
All Shows: Wins King of the Ring, or a tournament where they have 3 or more matches (+25)
Only Pay Per View: Fight in a Gimmick match - Lions Den Match/Lumberjack/Inferno/Hell In A Cell/Cage/Elimination Chamer/Extreme Elimination Chamber/Hardcore/Casket/Buried Alive/Last Ride/Singapore Cane/Ambulance/Dumpster/Falls Count Anywhere/Submission/I Quit/Iron Man/Money In The Back/TLC/Tables/Texas Bullrope Match/First Blood/Punjabi Prison Match/Stretcher/2 out of 3 Falls/Flag Match/Barbwire Rope and or Barbwire Cage Match/Street Fight/Extreme Rules/Cage/Backlot Brawl(+4)
PPV: Is in the Main Event of a PPV - Otherwise known as having the LAST match on the event, not the title match, the last one, whichever that may be (+5)

In your overall team you have to have at least one person from one of 2 brands.

A person get's injured, fired, released, quits, dies, flys away to Japan, Bolivia, D's House, it will cost you a trade to ditch them and in all cases, aside from death they will return to the draft list.

No more than 6 Trades all game ($120,000)

NEW DRAFTING PROCESS FOR DEBUTANTS AND THOSE ON THE DRAFT LIST

Everyone has to be bid for and to win that bid, 48 hours has to pass by without anyone outbidding you, minimum bids for all is $20,000.

The most you can bid assuming you haven't used any trades is $120,000. 

Now if a Goldberg debuted i am sure at least two people would bid the full amount (Use ALL their trades), so, in that unlikely scenario you would then bid points as well.  As i said though it's a unlikely scenario so that would not happen often. 

Now tactics can come in say someone has 4 trades left ($80,000) someone could outbid them with $81,000 and still have $39,000 left.

If someone bids you cannot bid the same you have to bid an increased amount of at last an extra $1,000 unless they have bid $120,000 in which case you bid that and points to.

Anyone who debuts during the drafting process will just be added to the list, timing's a bitch  Cheesy

Swaps are illegal.

You cannot drop you No.1 or 2 Draft picks, unless, they are injured, fired, suspended, vanish off tv for 3 weeks or more.

We don't do Beer Drinking Contests, Boxing Matches, Masterlock Challenges, Diva Dodgeball or any other non wrestling events/contests, we do WRESTLING matches.

You can draft as many new guys as you can afford.

Start Date: RAW after Wrestlemania

End Date: Summerslam.

Raw
Charlie Haas, Chuck Palumbo, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jamie Noble, Jillian Hall, Kelly Kelly, Layla, Matt Striker, Robbie McAllister, Val Venis.

Smackdown
Cherry, Ezekiel, Funaki, Maryse, Victoria.

ECW
Armando Estrada, Bam Neely, Elijah Burke, Nunzio.

Recurring Legends
Al Snow, Barry Windham, Bart Gunn, Bastion Booger, Bob Backlund, Brooklyn Brawler, Doink The Clown, Dusty Rhodes, Flash Funk, Gangrel, Gillberg, Hulk Hogan, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, Kamala, Lita, Mae Young, Nikolai Volkoff, Iron Sheik, IRS, Pete Gas, Repo Man, Ric Flair, Roddy Piper, Scotty Two Hotty, Skinner, Steve Austin, Steve Blackman, Sgt. Slaughter, Sunny, Ted DiBiase Snr., The Goon, The Rock, Trish Stratus.

Injured/Inactive/Suspended/Released
Ashley,Balls Mahoney, Boogeyman, Big Daddy V, Candice Michelle, Dave Taylor, Drew McIntyre, Gregory Helms, James Curtis, Kenny Dykstra, Kevin Thorn, Ranjin Singh, Ron Simmons, Rory McAllister, Torrie Wilson, Trevor Murdoch.

Non-Wrestling Recurring Characters
Coach, Cousin Sal, Eve Torres, Floyd Mayweather Jnr, Jerry Lawler, Jimmy Kimmel, Lena Yada, Mick Foley, Shane Mcmahon, Tazz, Vince Mcmahon.

Hammy: Triple H, Shelton Benjamin, Braden Walker, Lance Cade, Natalya ($3,000)
Gnrfan: Undertaker, Finlay, Santino Marella, Zach Ryder, Ricky Ortiz ($30,000)
BlowUpYourVideo: John Cena, Festus, Mike Knox, Jesse, Mickie James ($80,000)
Malcolm: Edge, Cody Rhodes, Maria, Deuce, Domino ($120,000)
sweet616: Randy Orton, Brian Kendrick, Paul London, Colin Delaney, Hornswoggle ($120,000)
slash666: Big Show, Carlito, Kofi Kingston, Paul Burchill, Katie Lea Burchill ($80,000)
Mr Cowbell: Chris Jericho, Umaga, The Miz, Rey Mysterio, JTG ($0)
D: Matt Hardy, Kane, Beth Phoenix, Vladimir Kozlov, Curt Hawkins ($0)
high_times: Shawn Michaels, Montel Vontavious Porter, Hardcore Holly, DH Smith, Shad Gaspard ($25,000)
Jim: CM Punk, Jeff Hardy, Jimmy Wang Yang, Snitsky, Evan Bourne ($50,000)
Timothy08: Batista, Ken Kennedy, Tommy Dreamer, Ted Dibiase, Super Crazy ($0)
LawsonsLaw2007: John Bradshaw Layfield, Chavo Guerrero, The Great Khali, Mark Henry, William Regal ($120,000)
Rasputin: Shannon Moore, John Morrison, Melina, Stevie Richards, Michelle McCool ($120,000)

1. D = 968
2. Hammy = 762
3. BlowUpYourVideo = 712
4. Jim = 676
5. LawsonsLaw007 = 667
6. Rasputin = 639
7. Mr Cowbell = 632
8. Gnrfan = 630
9. slash666 = 587
10. Malcolm = 547
11. Timothy08 = 505
12. sweet616 = 475
13. high_times = 400

Satan In Vino is coming
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 11:13:10 AM by Hammy » Logged
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:56:17 PM »

I'm in.  ok smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 02:05:25 PM »

I'm in.

It's weird that I did best in the first game I was in. The others have been.... not so good.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 02:51:15 PM »

I'm in

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 03:14:08 PM »

I'm in.

It's weird that I did best in the first game I was in. The others have been.... not so good.
True but you've won Tag Gold once and could be on course to win it agayn!

Obviously for Tag Game drafting we have to wait til the game finishes....
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 04:23:37 PM »

Im in...I've embarassed myself the last two games

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 05:04:35 PM »

I can't wait to hear D's ever so interesting "I made errors in the last game but I swear this game is mine" annual speech

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 05:20:55 PM »

I did better this game.

I only made one error last game and that was drafting DH Smith third.

Drafting Lashley was not a mistake cause had he not been a bitch and quit, Id be competing for the title I am sure. He was a great pick at the time so I have no regrets with that one.

I have definitely been a curse the last few games.

Batista, HBK, Lashley, John Cena, and HHH had a death in the family and missed time.  I had Benoit in another game I play last year.

I am cursed.

However, Me and Law have a great shot at tag team gold.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »

You know it.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »

I would like to propose a new rule to the game.

I believe that if a wrestler is injured and misses significant time, he should be treated as a Free Agent or New Debut upon returning.

Take John Cena this game. He was out for 9 months and When he came back is was like a debut and basically whoever is watching the PPV benefits from that.

Rules were put in place like the debut to even the playing field. To not give unfair advantages to spoiler readers, time difference etc.

Cena is a gamechanging player cause u are adding a bonafide number 1 pick in a fifth slot.

So I would like from now on, Injured wrestlers who miss significant time and arent chosen in the draft, should then go to new debut.

Say for example, Edge was hurt right now and we were about to draft. U hear Edge may be back in a month so u can go ahead and draft him.

However

If he goes undrafted, his return is then treated like a debut and everyone bids when he comes back.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 04:16:15 PM »

I would like to propose a new rule to the game.

I believe that if a wrestler is injured and misses significant time, he should be treated as a Free Agent or New Debut upon returning.

Take John Cena this game. He was out for 9 months and When he came back is was like a debut and basically whoever is watching the PPV benefits from that.

Rules were put in place like the debut to even the playing field. To not give unfair advantages to spoiler readers, time difference etc.

Cena is a gamechanging player cause u are adding a bonafide number 1 pick in a fifth slot.

So I would like from now on, Injured wrestlers who miss significant time and arent chosen in the draft, should then go to new debut.

Say for example, Edge was hurt right now and we were about to draft. U hear Edge may be back in a month so u can go ahead and draft him.

However

If he goes undrafted, his return is then treated like a debut and everyone bids when he comes back.

I agree with that and also think that should be a new rule.  ok smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 04:19:11 PM »

What would the time span limits be?  What if someone is picked up while they are still "Injured" in storylines but word is out they are back on a house show or their return is imminent?  I mean say Gregory Helms is rumoured to be returning in a week so someone picks him up, but then you say "Woah dude, you can't do that, if he's returning he should be treated like a debutant, let's all bid for him."  Then bidding starts and it turns out the internet rumour is false and he's still out for a further 3 months, where do you draw the line?  If someone had made a good guess and picked John Cena up the day before he returned would that of been ok?  Rules need definent boundaries and no murky waters, any way you could, de-murkify the water?
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 04:20:19 PM »

am in

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Sober_times
VIP

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 04:22:05 PM »

What would the time span limits be?  What if someone is picked up while they are still "Injured" in storylines but word is out they are back on a house show or their return is imminent?  I mean say Gregory Helms is rumoured to be returning in a week so someone picks him up, but then you say "Woah dude, you can't do that, if he's returning he should be treated like a debutant, let's all bid for him."  Then bidding starts and it turns out the internet rumour is false and he's still out for a further 3 months, where do you draw the line?  If someone had made a good guess and picked John Cena up the day before he returned would that of been ok?  Rules need definent boundaries and no murky waters, any way you could, de-murkify the water?

I think that if by the start of the game injured players have not been drafted than you do not allow them to be bid on untill they make an appearance on television. Much like we do with a debut.  smoking

I miss Edge!

P.S. Cena Sucks!
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 04:29:53 PM »

I think that if by the start of the game injured players have not been drafted than you do not allow them to be bid on untill they make an appearance on television. Much like we do with a debut.  smoking
Okaaaay.

And what about inactive people like Drew McIntyre, Dave Taylor etc.  Would they fall under this rule despite not being injured.....
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 04:33:08 PM »

D's got the right idea, but I have another proposal...

You can't just pick anybody up anymore. Get rid of the $20 000 fee for anybody not already picked up... Radical, eh?

Well, here's how I break it down. Basically, if you want to pick anybody up, you have to table a bid for them. If it's not met within the 48 hours that we're using, then he's yours. That would completely eliminate the time difference / spoiler reading aspect of the game. I know that I for one completely lose out on all of that.

It makes it more competetive because you would have to calculate the risk in all cases. How much you would be willing to pay, whether it is worth it, and also it gets everybody else on your case... This would cover injured participants, it would purify those muddy ol' waters and, finally, all advantages for the postmen are eliminated!

Up for it? Or not so much?

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

Yeah that works fine, covers the bases and also means the waters are no less murky.  Simply put, you want someone from the draft list, new, old you bid and you get them if nobody else bids within' 48 hours, yeah that's cool, i'm fine with that, how does everyone else feel?

Or and another idea, just to add to the greatness of the game, the winner next game will get a prize, i'll give more information when more people vote in the other thread for the goddamn title of this game dammit!
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 05:42:59 PM »

I've already voted!

On the subject of a prize, love the idea! Though... It doesn't involve you and a candle lit dinner, does it? Fortunately I've blown my luck for the next few years and should be ending up around Rock Bottom, Stone Cold last.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »

I've already voted!

On the subject of a prize, love the idea! Though... It doesn't involve you and a candle lit dinner, does it? Fortunately I've blown my luck for the next few years and should be ending up around Rock Bottom, Stone Cold last.
hihi  Don't worry, it's a mail order prize.... Tongue
LawsonsLaw007
Back in the saddle again
VIP

Follow me on Twitter! @SammyBoyDpk

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 08:23:24 PM »

count me in!

Peace

Follow me on Twitter!! @SammyBoyDpk 15,000 followers can't be wrong!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: