Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What's the longest you've gone without listening to GNR ?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's the longest you've gone without listening to GNR ?  (Read 6637 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 10:31:25 AM »

I haven't listened to GNR since about December, right before the tour started. I just can't justify listening to them -- they're one of, if not my, favorite band but with all the shit going on and never being able to see them live -- kinda drags the feeling down.

I'm glad others don't stop listening to great music based on the fact that they might never see the artist in question live in concert.

As I type this, I have Soundgarden playing.....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:02:10 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 05:23:57 PM »

I haven't listened to GNR since about December, right before the tour started. I just can't justify listening to them -- they're one of, if not my, favorite band but with all the shit going on and never being able to see them live -- kinda drags the feeling down.

I'm glad others don't stop listening to great music based on the fact that they might never see the artist in question live in concert.

/jarmo

Well that sure is nice, I just haven't really wanted to listen to GNR in a long time. Never had the urge to put on CD/AFD/UYI. If it comes up on shuffle or radio, sure I'll listen. But I personally feel there is more appealing music out there to me right now.

I know people that can't listen to Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd -- simply because they are big fans but when they hear some of said music playing, it pains them that they know they will probably never see them play live again. It depends on people, no?

But thanks for attacking me for having an opinion Wink

...once again.

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 07:16:06 PM »

I think it's pretty strange if you can't listen to the music you love simply because it's impossible to see the band live. It's just stupid :/

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 11:41:24 PM »

Everyone is different, it is nice to consider those factors sometimes.  On topic though, I don't go a single day without listening to them at least at some point, and I can not recall any gap in time where I may not have listened to them at all.  I am eager for them to get to the states, but feel fortunate to have all the technology we have, so really, we are all able to view what is going on no matter where they are, and that can tide some of us over until our turn is here, I believe they are saving the best for last, home sweet home Wink.  Hang in there Cotis Tongue.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 12:00:21 AM »

yeah cotis, ur awesome bro and i agree with most of what u say... but i don't agree with that.

Ive never seen STP,Pink Floyd or GNR live and they are my favorite bands ever.

really doesn' tmatter to me if i ever see them live either.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 05:53:23 AM »

I've had many periods when I have not listened to GNR that much or at all. Yet again at times I've been listening to it pretty much on daily basis.

During the last two years I've been listening to GNR and especially new album at least 5 days a week.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 08:37:36 AM »

Go ahead and tell all the others who disagree with you that they're also attacking you.  ok

If it bothers you that people might not agree with what you say, maybe you shouldn't say things in public.  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 11:49:58 AM »

/jarmo

Well that sure is nice, I just haven't really wanted to listen to GNR in a long time. Never had the urge to put on CD/AFD/UYI. If it comes up on shuffle or radio, sure I'll listen. But I personally feel there is more appealing music out there to me right now.

I know people that can't listen to Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd -- simply because they are big fans but when they hear some of said music playing, it pains them that they know they will probably never see them play live again. It depends on people, no?

...once again.

I can see where you're coming from with GNR.  It is frustrating that there seem to be no plans in sight for them to tour the US.  But, no offense, that's seems like a strange reason to not listen to a band to me.  The Beatles may be the greatest band of all time and I'm quite certain they will never perform live again since only 2 of them remain.  So should people not listen to or like them anymore?  I know it's obviously a much different situation than GNR, but it still seems strange to me.

I lost touch with GNR from the mid nineties till the turn of the century, meaning I didn't really follow any of the goings on during those years.  But I never stopped listening to them.  At most maybe I've gone a couple of weeks here and there, but I wouldn't think much more than that

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2010, 12:06:37 PM »

1 day.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 06:23:12 PM »

Maybe three or four months, but of course the urge to hear great timeless music is always to much to ignore.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Melissa84
Headliner

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 03:27:48 AM »

In the past four years there isn't a day gone past where I have not heard GN'R or Axl's voice  Grin.

Townsville 1st December 2010
Sydney 4th December 2010
Adelaide 7th December 2010
Melissa84
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 03:29:45 AM »

Almost like second nature now  Wink.

Townsville 1st December 2010
Sydney 4th December 2010
Adelaide 7th December 2010
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »

I just haven't gone out of my way to listen to them lately, if they come up on shuffle or the radio (like I said) I listen to them. Simple as that.
spookeend
Rocker

Love kills more than booze can make up for

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 07:26:25 AM »

few months apart, i take LP's to the living room and shuffle them, not always a  GNR lp in the batch i take to the living room, to much other great music to listen too.

Nowerdays, collection mania kicked in, so, listening, recording, sorting out, listening more, comparing, man, it looks like sound studio here with all those various releases and bootlegs here.......

Not to mention, the pc, Harddrives are filled almost completely with GNR stuff now, when i am done with a part, transfer to usb stick and external HD's to keep it safe............

So, even when i am not actually listening, i might be working on something GNR related, man, it's getting maniacal shapes now Undecided Lips Sealed
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: