Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 08:33:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227927 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 119 Go Down Print
Author Topic: General "Not In This Lifetime... Tour" thread *1st POST UPDATE NOV 30*  (Read 479710 times)
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #2100 on: December 28, 2016, 09:34:22 AM »

This is interesting because the organizers have been talking about making use of that property besides Bonnaroo.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2101 on: December 29, 2016, 08:17:41 PM »

Official tour numbers from LA times (Pollstar).

GN'R grossed $188.4 million in 2016 (44 shows in 35 cities), making it the 4th highest grossing tour.

Their average gross was $5.4 million per city, where they also rank 4th in 2016.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-bruce-springsteen-beyonce-top-tours-20161229-story.html

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2102 on: December 29, 2016, 11:04:28 PM »

GN'R grossed $188.4 million in 2016 (44 shows in 35 cities), making it the 4th highest grossing tour.

Their average gross was $5.4 million per city, where they also rank 4th in 2016.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/la-et-ms-bruce-springsteen-beyonce-top-tours-20161229-story.html

Those are awesome, phenomenal, amazing numbers. Quite frankly, those are pretty much best case scenario numbers, imho.

When the tour started, there were a bunch of folks who said they thought it would be a top 5 grossing tour this year, and were met with chuckles and incredulance. Given the acts in the top 5 this year.....i'm not sure how they ccould be expected to do any better.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2103 on: December 30, 2016, 08:18:47 AM »

Those are great numbers.

Especially considering the band only really toured half of the year...   Compared to the other bands listed that toured the whole year.   

I remember reading on here, so many people where saying that there was no way they could sell out stadiums and the such in the states.   This tour has proved a lot of people wrong.

I give a lot of credit to the initial marketing campaign, with that festival, vegas shows.   Then the viral local promotions that have happened in every market

Remember Axl did the fist few shows sitting the whole time with at broken leg.   

There has also been pretty much zero interviews from the band and zero promotion from band members for this tour.  We got a few pictures from practice studios from Duff and Slash last year early, but nothing since
Ginger King
VIP

Now we all know better...

« Reply #2104 on: December 30, 2016, 11:41:32 AM »

Those are great numbers.

Especially considering the band only really toured half of the year...   Compared to the other bands listed that toured the whole year.   

I remember reading on here, so many people where saying that there was no way they could sell out stadiums and the such in the states.   This tour has proved a lot of people wrong.

I give a lot of credit to the initial marketing campaign, with that festival, vegas shows.   Then the viral local promotions that have happened in every market

There has also been pretty much zero interviews from the band and zero promotion from band members for this tour.  We got a few pictures from practice studios from Duff and Slash last year early, but nothing since

Yeah, and Axl also took a break from touring with GnR to fill in for AC/DC.  These numbers could be much higher.  All in all, a great year.  And more to come in 2017!
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2105 on: December 30, 2016, 12:02:00 PM »

I doubt Coachella factors in to those stats...that was a huge paycheck for the band. It was a very good year for the boys.  beer

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2106 on: December 30, 2016, 12:08:10 PM »

The year-end chart:

http://pollstarpro.com/files/charts2016/011617top10.pdf

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2107 on: December 30, 2016, 12:15:33 PM »

I doubt Coachella factors in to those stats...that was a huge paycheck for the band. It was a very good year for the boys.  beer

You're right, I don't believe festival appearances factors in for these sort of numbers.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2108 on: December 30, 2016, 12:19:40 PM »

Something I find odd though.

There was a press release a few weeks back (referenced here: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/05/entertainment/guns-n-roses-tour/) where it was said the tour had sold over 2 million tickets in 2016. Then, according to the year-end chart the number of tickets is about 1.7 million.

Is the 2 million figure including the Oceania/Asia leg perhaps?

Sweetness is a virtue
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #2109 on: December 31, 2016, 12:24:29 PM »

A sold ticket is sold and it goes to the numbers of the year it was sold. I cannot think of any other way of doing it as anything else wouldn't make sense.
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #2110 on: December 31, 2016, 04:56:36 PM »

Those are great numbers.

I respectfully disagree.

They've actually employed what appears to be a very well thought out guerilla marketing campaign and I suspect they brought in professionals to oversee it.

There were the obvious billboards, but there was the advertisement at - I believe - the Super Bowl and then the teaser trailers, which played with Star Wars and other movies.

The web site was restarted and this time it was run like a professional site.

Axl also gave two very extended interviews. I think the first one was in Japan and the other one with Duff.

Both those interviews were reported by major media outlets.

Personally, I think the promotion was much stronger than what other bands, say for example, the Rolling Stones did in summer 2015 for the zip code tour. Other than Mick Jagger calling the local newspapers and providing interviews and some billboards, there wasn't much else that I saw.

Anyway, that's my two cents.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2111 on: January 01, 2017, 08:47:27 PM »

A sold ticket is sold and it goes to the numbers of the year it was sold. I cannot think of any other way of doing it as anything else wouldn't make sense.

But the looking at the total gross revenue figure, it is for the concerts held to date, although they in reality have earned tons more if you add future concert dates with tickets sold in 2016. It was just a bit confusing I thought.

I've also seen people saying that Billboard and Pollstar often deviate a bit when reporting concert figures. Anybody know if that is the case?

Sweetness is a virtue
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2112 on: January 02, 2017, 02:20:13 PM »

With South America dates it will be in top ten tours in 2010's...Better than Metallica most sucesufull tour Death magnetic or Bon Jovi Because we can...And after Asia and Australia in top ten tours ever...After Europe and US in top 5 tours ever...This is amazing
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2113 on: January 02, 2017, 06:08:25 PM »

#4 on the year is excellent.

Probably going to post a big number next year too.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2114 on: January 04, 2017, 12:40:54 PM »

Something I find odd though.

There was a press release a few weeks back (referenced here: http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/05/entertainment/guns-n-roses-tour/) where it was said the tour had sold over 2 million tickets in 2016. Then, according to the year-end chart the number of tickets is about 1.7 million.

I would guess so, since those tickets are "on sale" right now.

Which, quite frankly, is fine. Pollstar doesn't count tickets sold or revenue until the shows occur. Also fine.  Just different ways of looking at the data.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2115 on: January 04, 2017, 02:00:49 PM »

Not sure if everyone is aware of how intimate that venue in Kobe, Japan is compared to the others. For example, the Kyocera Dome is an indoor a baseball stadium, while the World Hall in Kobe has a maximum capacity of 8000. It's probably the closest we'll get to a club show in a while.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #2116 on: January 04, 2017, 02:13:10 PM »

Not sure if everyone is aware of how intimate that venue in Kobe, Japan is compared to the others. For example, the Kyocera Dome is an indoor a baseball stadium, while the World Hall in Kobe has a maximum capacity of 8000. It's probably the closest we'll get to a club show in a while.  hihi

/jarmo

I sure didn't know that.  I was picturing big super arenas over there.   Its says its a hall, which is sused for trade shows and events, etc...  I would think with the stage layout the max capacity would be a quarter of this 8000 as well.  A real small show compared to the others.

Would be a cool experience, I much rather prefer these smaller shows than the giant stadium ones
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2117 on: January 04, 2017, 03:03:11 PM »

Would be a cool experience, I much rather prefer these smaller shows than the giant stadium ones

While it's cool to see your favorite band in a intimate venue, such as a club, there's something pretty fucking cool about having tens of thousands of fellow fans in the same place watching the show.....

It's pretty epic.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2118 on: January 04, 2017, 04:28:28 PM »

8,000?! Oh man that's crazy. Those Japanese fans are going to have the most amazing time.
dsaddler78
Rocker

« Reply #2119 on: January 04, 2017, 04:33:40 PM »

Announcement Thursday 12:30 pm est.....Interesting!
http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/01/live_nation_to_make_major_anno.html#incart_2box
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 119 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: