Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:02:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227860 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  axl's voice in 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: axl's voice in 2006  (Read 14988 times)
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 03:32:34 PM »

Ive said this from the beginning

1. He learned how to sing properly That rasp and all that on the Illusion tour was cause his throat was fucked up.

2. He can still do it but this new style saves his voice and doesnt fuck his throat up.

3. Axl needs to turn his fucking mic up. I have no idea why he is so low in the mix.

4.Axl doesnt hit the high notes with his normal vocal power anymore, its almost like he has to go falsetto now to hit those notes which explains the lack of power.

axl never really hit the high notes in the past. his voice was raspy but not THAT high. his voice was really high at pukkelpop out ta get me for example... or on IRS.  i guess it`s just the extra weight that made him miss the high notes in 2001-2002.... you know.. he ran around and got out of breath at times and his voice was very shaky.... listen to twat for example. there`s no rasp at all, but his voice sound awesome though ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 04:12:31 PM »

I thought he sounded terrible in 2002. It sounded weak and on some songs I just thought it was horrible. I hope it has changed since then.

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2006, 04:14:21 PM »

I say
wasn't he saying that he was experimenting with?his voice during the 2002 tour?Huh
I think i heard it somewhere  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I believe this is true, even though he might not have said it personally. Take a listen to Paitence from MSG '02, and compare it to the studio version. Almost a perfect match...I have faith.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2006, 04:34:33 PM »

I thought he sounded terrible in 2002. It sounded weak and on some songs I just thought it was horrible. I hope it has changed since then.

from the boots I heard of that tour I thought the same thing but I didn't hear the NYC or hartford shows, which apparantly, were the best of the North American tour
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2006, 04:39:58 PM »

Axl got better and better with each day on the 2002 tour like some people already pointed out. I'm sure he'll sound fucking great on the new tour! Especially the later dates, or so I think.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Speed Stone
Banned
Opening Act

patiently waiting

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2006, 04:52:51 PM »

Axl got better and better with each day on the 2002 tour like some people already pointed out. I'm sure he'll sound fucking great on the new tour! Especially the later dates, or so I think.

i fucking hope so!!! yes ok Grin drool

The one and only Speed Stone, reader since '99, member since 2002, had to delete my account due to severe insults by SLCPUNK
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2006, 05:05:21 PM »

It should be great.

Like warose said, no actually in very early days he used to hit the notes as high as but not as easily and stable as in 2002. Not in varied ways either.

Matter of taste. Like it or not, his voice was strong being backed up with proper vocalization especially in the new songs in 2002.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2006, 05:08:32 PM »

It should be great.

Like warose said, no actually in very early days he used to hit the notes as high as but not as easily and stable as in 2002. Not in varied ways either.

Matter of taste. Like it or not, his voice was strong being backed up with proper vocalization especially in the new songs in 2002.

Yeah..
In the new songs Axl sings like a God! The old once also..
There sure is something new and powerfull in Axls new voice

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2006, 05:22:09 PM »

There is one huge thing most of u are overlooking.

Axl has NEVER been that great of a live vocalist anyway technically speaking.

He makes up for it with raw emotion and venom but when someone says Axl missed some notes, that makes me question whether u ever heard any early GNR stuff.

Axl isnt that type of singer to sing with perfect pitch throughout, never has and he never will.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
WARose
Legend

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »

He makes up for it with raw emotion and venom but when someone says Axl missed some notes, that makes me question whether u ever heard any early GNR stuff.

Axl isnt that type of singer to sing with perfect pitch throughout, never has and he never will.

as i said.....   people who`d like to discuss his current voice/voice problems should listen to noblesville '91 before to know what they?re talking about.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
SWINGTRADER
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2006, 05:38:42 PM »

If Axl can still be the great showman he used to be, I wouldn't mind if he lip synch . i would rather see him lip synching to a voice that sounds good than  sounding like shit,  it hurts the performance.   I know I'll get flamed for this  . You may start the attack now    hihi
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2006, 05:55:10 PM »

I agre
Rock n Roll is not going on stage and sing perfect pitch throughout , is all about your atittude the real deal what yo see is what you get and AXl was a crazy motherfucker savage on stage !!! the Best from man ever

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
WARose
Legend

« Reply #72 on: April 27, 2006, 05:57:11 PM »

noboy will attack you...  but i`d be seriously dissapointed if axl`d lip synch. if he`s not able to perform and sing live anymore, he should simply drop it. that?s my opinion.....

but i`m pretty confident he`ll kick ass in 2006 peace

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2006, 08:15:30 PM »

youre right to a point

he was missing alot strength in 02 tho, strength that he had in the old days - listen to Tokyo vids - shocking live vox from Axl, but he still had the power, rawness and strength

In 02, he relied on a dodgy falsetto in many instances

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2006, 10:15:32 PM »

His voice was fine in 2002, but sometimes he ran out of breath.  The new way he sings is less damaging, he can still do the old voice, as shown on IRS and Better and at times during the 2000-2002 shows, but singing that way live night after night can mess your vocal chords up, so this newer, cleaner style will help his longevity.  But his voice was never an issue to me, the "problems" in 2002 came when he ran out of breath, Axl appears to be in good health these days which is a good sign peace
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2006, 10:18:53 PM »

Great point, he was never flawless at the old shows either.  Axl has always placed a premium on energy over sounding perfect.  He's running, jumping and dancing all the time.  He could just sit still and sound cleaner, but people go to the live show for the atmosphere and the energy, if they want perfection stay home and listen to the album
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2006, 11:03:21 PM »

Axl could do his 88-91 style and last 2 years, or play it safe and last 20 more years

I opt for 20.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2006, 11:09:35 PM »

I thought the production of the shows during the 2002 tour sucked, crew members were fucking up, they had sound problems sometimes, and Axl trying a higher pitch with the micro phone sucked.  I thought in RIR 3 he sounded fine, so if he sounds like that, itll be pretty good.

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2006, 12:12:40 AM »

1. Axl in 2002: a sad and pathetic version of the 1991 Axl.
2. Who knows what 2006 will bring. We will see.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2006, 12:30:36 AM »

I think the newer voice tops all of Axl's past performances.  It will show in the New York comeback shows.  It better, I'll be there opening night wearing my bucket!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: