Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:29:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Just got back from the Glasgow Show!!!! WOW!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just got back from the Glasgow Show!!!! WOW!!!  (Read 3528 times)
Stevenson
Headliner

"Tourmaline Green"

« on: August 31, 2004, 07:58:05 PM »

Oh my god! Oh my god!

Forgive me for the over excitment here but this has been one of the best nights of my entire life!? Grin
Ive never seen Slash or GN'R before in person, unfortunately i was to young to appreciate GN'R when they were in there hay-day but OH MY GOD did tonight make up for that!

Slash was simply awsome, i never thot it possible but hes even better then i ever imagined. Duff was like a flashing beacon the whole night - everone just seemed to be checkin him out, he was on top form and in amazing shape.

The surprise of the night had to be Dave, I never knew he could play such amazing lead! Him and Slash had a sorta "guitar dual" at the side of the stage, Dave was awsome.

As for Scott, he was something else, ive got to say that before tonight I wasnt 100% convinced about him but now i can safely say he rocks. He put so mch into his performance it was unreal. Out of everyone in the band he seems to be the only one who can come close to the IMENCE stage prescence that Slash has.

For all Scott is the front man, he never really seemed any match for Slash's prescence on stage, hes not far off though.

They played the usual songs, im still to buzzing to remember which ones they were. They a SP song (not sure which one), Used to Love Her and Its So Easy, Its so Easy went down particulary well, the place seemed to errupt. Towards the end when slither was played, it had to be the highlight for me, that and Its so Easy and Fall to Peices. Not only did Slash tear-up the solo on Slither, he also went on an extended solo spot during the song which was simply stunning.

For the most part Slash used his new custom Les Paul which sounded amazin, the little pick up on the bridge really does sound like an a aucoustic, its class! I'd love one myself, to bad im not rich. Was hoping to see his Goldtop but it was no-where to be found. He did have this new guitar which ive never seen before, it was black and spikey, might have been a BC Rich, im not sure  Undecided

Funnily enough, at various points through the night, sections of the crowd were chanting "Nightrain"? Grin
To round it all off, before walking off stage Slash said "your country is fucking beutiful" Smiley

To conclude: VR were AMAZING! Been one of the best moments of my life! And im still pretty drunk and excited. Just thought i'd share the night with everybody.? ok? Grin

« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 08:04:44 PM by Stevenson » Logged
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 09:16:02 PM »

how long did the backyard babies play?

Chinese Democracy!
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 12:21:31 AM »

Thanks for the review!  I am glad that you had an awesome night.  Seeing them live at small venues is really something else, eh?  Good times Smiley
Stevenson
Headliner

"Tourmaline Green"

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 07:13:47 AM »

The Backyard Babys played for about an hour. There guitarist spat on the crowd a bunch of times, it was halarious Smiley

Your so right Eeebs, seeing VR in a place like that is something else. Its so much more personal than a GN'R style 70'000 seater baseball stadium, although i'd love to see what thats like to  ok

One thing that surprised me last night was the lack of security checks with regards to what i had on me. On the letter i got with my tickets it said the usual stuff about "no cameras, phones, bottles" etc, but when i got there no one cared, i didnt even get searched, wish i took my camera  Undecided
Evolution
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 02:43:41 PM »

I was at the Glasgow show as well!

Fucking hell what a band! Slash was on top form and Duff received many "DUFF" chants!

Scott fucking does rock. He totally wan me over with his crazy dancing

I enjoyed BB aswell so all in all the best night of my life! ok

Stevenson
Headliner

"Tourmaline Green"

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 06:20:11 PM »

Glad to hear you had the best night of your life too  ok

Where abouts were you when VR hit the stage? I was at the very front on the right side of the stage standing, there was only one person between me and the barrier  Smiley

Did'nt you just find the whole thing so sureal at first! I just could'nt believe i was seing Slash right infront of me! It was funny hearing Duff's bass tech guy intoducing Velvet Revolver instead of the classic phrase "from hollywood, Guns... N'... Roses".

Did you manage to get any photos or anything? I'd really love to see some. My mate got some with his phone but their rather pants.
Evolution
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 06:46:09 PM »

I hadnt a clue about ticketmaster when i bought my tickets so i was in the front row of the balcony slightly right of centre

Damn right about it being surreal man!

when the strobes went on and we got a good look of the whole band i was like "FUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK!" drool
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 08:07:23 PM »

well just 8 more days t'ill the Lisbon Show... can't wait to see BB and VR
hope i'll have just as much fun as you guys have  Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
Stevenson
Headliner

"Tourmaline Green"

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2004, 07:17:34 PM »

Well I hope you enjoy yourself MeanBone, no doubt you will  ok