Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:21:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  My Review from S?o Paulo Show (Thursday, April 12, 2007)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Review from S?o Paulo Show (Thursday, April 12, 2007)  (Read 3169 times)
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« on: April 13, 2007, 09:58:56 AM »

Here's some thought about last night show (S?o Paulo, Brazil, Thursday, April 12, 2007)

VR played four or five new songs. There was not much Slash solos on any of them. I could definetely hear some of those Vblogs clips in their full form. Two songs were really cool. There was one particular song that had a GREAT sexy-groovy riff by Slash (I mean sexy-groovy in the same vein as "Mr. Brownstone" and "Rocket Queen"). It was cool to see they are playing so many new songs even before releasing the album. But of course they had a weak crowd response.

VR played Easy and Brownstone and I loved them and all but these songs need Axl (of course) and these songs need Izzy so bad. Yes, I got crazy just like any other guy when I heard the first notes of these two songs (everybody went NUTS) but the happiness faded fast because both songs SUCKED. VR can't play these songs, period. Maybe it is because they did NOT want to play it (I read they won't play them anymore after these South American shows) but I guess both sucked because Dave & Matt CAN NOT play these songs (it is amazing how BAD Dave sounds on them). And I won't even say a word about Weiland, because you can barely hear him with 30.000 people singing along these 2 songs.

They also played two STP songs, one I don't know the name and the other was Sex Type Thing. This was downhill time. The band stopped in the midle of STT and Weiland was singing "uuh-uhh-uhh" and making noises for ages (like four minutes!) and the band didn't know what to do. This was BAD, the guys were looking at each other like "what we do now?", it is obvious they didn't know what to do AND (that is the worst part) they didn't even attemped a guitar jam or something (example of great little jam: Rocket Queen on Ritz 1988).

Other thing to note is that last night it was an Aerosmith crowd (and I mean an Aerosmith "I love all the ballads and I never heard this Draw the Line song" crowd), so 90% of the people didn't care about VR. It made for a bad show.

The show started well but lost momentum. They are probably gonna do a better show today on Rio de Janeiro, but I really won't pay 200 dollars (gas + ticket + hotel) to go there.

Luciano
dEAN
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 12:19:22 PM »

Hey, come on guy....
Were you really there???
I was there, and I loved the show...
It was really great, and in my opinion ALL of the new songs ROCK... And the covers ROCK too....
Its my opinion....
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 01:34:54 PM »

Thanks for the review. I will be attending an Aerosmith show with VR performing before them, so this gives me an idea of what can I expect.

I am a little surprised about what you say about Dave. We all know the fraudboy cant sing, but I always liked Dave and I always thought that he was really good live.

Just a question: my two favourite (and only two) VR songs are ''Sucker Train Blues'' and ''You Got No Right''. Did the band played them?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 02:14:13 PM »

Here's some thought about last night show (S?o Paulo, Brazil, Thursday, April 12, 2007)

VR played four or five new songs. There was not much Slash solos on any of them. I could definetely hear some of those Vblogs clips in their full form. Two songs were really cool. There was one particular song that had a GREAT sexy-groovy riff by Slash (I mean sexy-groovy in the same vein as "Mr. Brownstone" and "Rocket Queen"). It was cool to see they are playing so many new songs even before releasing the album. But of course they had a weak crowd response.

VR played Easy and Brownstone and I loved them and all but these songs need Axl (of course) and these songs need Izzy so bad. Yes, I got crazy just like any other guy when I heard the first notes of these two songs (everybody went NUTS) but the happiness faded fast because both songs SUCKED. VR can't play these songs, period. Maybe it is because they did NOT want to play it (I read they won't play them anymore after these South American shows) but I guess both sucked because Dave & Matt CAN NOT play these songs (it is amazing how BAD Dave sounds on them). And I won't even say a word about Weiland, because you can barely hear him with 30.000 people singing along these 2 songs.

They also played two STP songs, one I don't know the name and the other was Sex Type Thing. This was downhill time. The band stopped in the midle of STT and Weiland was singing "uuh-uhh-uhh" and making noises for ages (like four minutes!) and the band didn't know what to do. This was BAD, the guys were looking at each other like "what we do now?", it is obvious they didn't know what to do AND (that is the worst part) they didn't even attemped a guitar jam or something (example of great little jam: Rocket Queen on Ritz 1988).

Other thing to note is that last night it was an Aerosmith crowd (and I mean an Aerosmith "I love all the ballads and I never heard this Draw the Line song" crowd), so 90% of the people didn't care about VR. It made for a bad show.

The show started well but lost momentum. They are probably gonna do a better show today on Rio de Janeiro, but I really won't pay 200 dollars (gas + ticket + hotel) to go there.

Luciano
Grin  hihi Grin hihi  you're a really fan of the old Guns line up as me. But come on guy, accept they don't play togueter anymore. VR is awesome and they play really great
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 07:07:57 PM »

you're a really fan of the old Guns line up as me. But come on guy, accept they don't play togueter anymore. VR is awesome and they play really great
Yes I love GNR. But I am only compairing VR to GNR when VR plays GNR songs and that (Easy, Brownstone) sounded awful to me. About VR songs, I just think that they are not good enough. The only song by VR that I really like is "Come on, Come in" and they didn't play it. Anyway, the new songs (from Libertad) can be better. I just want to listen to them again so I can have a proper opinion. I hope they are nothing like Contraband.

Thanks for the review. I will be attending an Aerosmith show with VR performing before them, so this gives me an idea of what can I expect. I am a little surprised about what you say about Dave. We all know the fraudboy cant sing, but I always liked Dave and I always thought that he was really good live. Just a question: my two favourite (and only two) VR songs are ''Sucker Train Blues'' and ''You Got No Right''. Did the band played them?

About the Aerosmith/VR show, I have one tip: save your energy for Aerosmith because they are the best part. Their setlist SUCKED (ALL hit songs from the 80s 90s and 00s, just 3 songs from the 70s and TOO MANY BALLADS) but even with this problem they are so much better than VR, specially Steven and Joe. The other guys (Brad, Tom, Joey) seem to be a little bored with the setlist too.

Dave was good (normal) on VR songs. He just sucked on Easy and Brownstone. If Izzy ever played VR songs I'd probably like his guitar much more and I'd say Dave sucks on VR songs, but that ain't gonna happen.

About Sucker Train Blues, YES they played it, and NO, they did not play You Ain't Got no Right.

Hey, come on guy....
Were you really there???
I was there, and I loved the show...
It was really great, and in my opinion ALL of the new songs ROCK... And the covers ROCK too....
Its my opinion....
Yes, my review was just my opinion too. I kinda liked the new songs, except the first one that opened the show. That was a bad song.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: