Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 03:27:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 466310 times)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1720 on: April 03, 2012, 03:17:38 PM »

It's all for attention. Just like all the love Robin got when he hit the stage with GNR during the last show. Where were all these "fans" 2001-2008?

Haha I agree.  I have always admitted I was never a fan of Robin, but it seems now more than ever that people adored Robin.  I don't remember all this love when he was in the band!  

Did anyone see the advertisement for the RRHOF on HBO before Game of Thrones Sunday night?  GNR were the last band announced in the ad.  No clips of the band anywhere.  
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1721 on: April 03, 2012, 03:18:20 PM »

I bought the Illusion albums at the record store when they came out along with some friends at the time, no one one saying "it dosen't sound like Appetite"-in some ways Guns were bigger in 91 and 92 than the Appetite era.
So did I and there were friends I had that complained about the use of piano.  A lot of complaints, actually.  That was a big change from Appetite.

Ali
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #1722 on: April 03, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »

I bought the Illusion albums at the record store when they came out along with some friends at the time, no one one saying "it dosen't sound like Appetite"-in some ways Guns were bigger in 91 and 92 than the Appetite era.

Not sure if serious? GNR fans complained about Illusions like crazy just like Metallica fans complained about the Black Album

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1723 on: April 03, 2012, 04:26:10 PM »

thats because GNR actually were bigger during the Illusions than Appetite.  They had more fans, played bigger venues, had way more exposure.  "November Rain" showed they were not just another hard rock band, they were capable of anything.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #1724 on: April 03, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »

??  Did this already get posted...

Green Day will be inducting GNR, everyone seems to be discussing something else:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-green-day-to-induct-guns-n-roses-into-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-20120403
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1725 on: April 03, 2012, 04:33:01 PM »

Helly yeah!  I fucking love Green Day! 

Exclusive: Green Day to Induct Guns N' Roses Into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Chris Rock, Carole King, Steven Van Zandt and Chuck D will also help induct the class of 2012
Comment 0

Billie Joe Armstrong, Tre Cool, Mike Dirnt and touring guitarist Jason White of Green Day at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York.Cindy Ord/Getty ImagesBy Andy Greene
April 3, 2012 4:05 PM ET
There's now one less mystery surrounding Guns N' Roses' entrance into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame: Green Day will deliver their induction speech. While Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum have all indicated they'll be present at the April 14th ceremony in Cleveland, members Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin and Dizzy Reed have yet to publicly confirm their attendance. If Rose doesn't show, it's unlikely that the group will perform ? and it's unclear whether or not Green Day will play in their place.

Green Day join an all-star group of speakers slated for the ceremony. Chris Rock is going to induct the Red Hot Chili Peppers alongside Bette Midler for Laura Nyro, Chuck D for the Beastie Boys, ZZ Top for Freddie King, Carole King for Don Kirshner, John Mellencamp for Donovan and Steve Van Zandt for Small Faces/Faces. Robbie Robertson will also be there to induct Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns, and Smokey Robinson will induct the Blue Caps, the Comets, the Crickets, the Famous Flames, the Midnighters and the Miracles.

The possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has intrigued fans of the group for many years. They haven't performed with drummer Adler since 1990, and Rose hasn't played with Slash since 1993. Rose currently tours with a new lineup of Guns N' Roses, though in recent years original members McKagan and Stradlin have sat in with the band on rare occasions.

"Everyone has been asking me what's going to happen [at the Hall of Fame]," Slash told Rolling Stone earlier this week.  "And they know as much as I do. I feel you're totally obligated to be present and I would love to fucking play, but it's just something that's not gonna happen for whatever reason." Relations between Rose and Slash remain, to put it mildly, strained. "He hates my guts," says Slash. "It's over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us. I talk to Duff and Steven, but when it comes to old Guns N' Roses, there really isn't anybody that makes

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-green-day-to-induct-guns-n-roses-into-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-20120403#ixzz1r0lyYslL
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1726 on: April 03, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »

??  Did this already get posted...

Green Day will be inducting GNR, everyone seems to be discussing something else:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-green-day-to-induct-guns-n-roses-into-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-20120403

First I've heard of it. Interesting choice.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #1727 on: April 03, 2012, 04:54:37 PM »

oh god, green day?  wow, talk about the most talentless hacks they could come up with.

10 years of anticipation and i'm left with no izzy, probably no axl, and my most hated band of all-time. 

there goes my hopes and dreams.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1728 on: April 03, 2012, 05:02:42 PM »

dude Green Day is one of the biggest bands of the last 25 years, and in my opinion the best band to come out of the 90's, at the very least they are the most relevant 90's band here in 2012.  They are one of the most influential bands of all-time and will be joining the Hall of Fame on the first ballot in about 2 years.  Seriously, what is wrong with some of you?  You couldn't ask for a bigger name with as much cred as Green Day...oh and they have been doing it for over 20 years and are still packing arenas and are at the top of their game..  Fucking amazing choice.  This debacle of a Hall of Fame ceremony finally just became cool.

But no, some of you will bitch and moan and want dinosaurs like Steven Tyler to induct them.  Seriously some of you have to listen to some newer music.
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1729 on: April 03, 2012, 05:08:53 PM »

"It's not real GN'R", "It's not like Appetite"  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Thats what "they" said when Illusions came out also  Roll Eyes

I would laugh my ass off, when someone says when the next album is released: It not sound's like CD  hihi

I expect it...at the moment some so called "fans" like to bring up the fact that they miss Buckethead and Robin (read that thread when Robin and Brain hit the stage with GNR during the last show) but when they were in the band they were "nothing compared to Saul Hudson and talentless hacks"

*sighs* GNR can never get a break

I call them the "yay sayers". Stupid people, who dont have a own opinion, i hate them all.

LOL, yeah, God forbid some one prefer the sound of certain members of the band  Roll Eyes

You will get far in life with that attitude ace!  ok

No, i don't care which sound you prefer. I say, i am against against someone, who is one day on Bucketheads side, and one day on Bumbefoots side, for an example.

It's all for attention. Just like all the love Robin got when he hit the stage with GNR during the last show. Where were all these "fans" 2001-2008?

Always been a Robin supporter speaking for myself. As for most other's having Robin play with the band again made them realise how much they missed him.

You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

And Green Day is inducting the band? Green Day is alright but I was expecting something more....idk....exciting? That was anticlamatic.

Broski
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #1730 on: April 03, 2012, 05:11:53 PM »

oh god, green day?  wow, talk about the most talentless hacks they could come up with.

10 years of anticipation and i'm left with no izzy, probably no axl, and my most hated band of all-time. 

there goes my hopes and dreams.

Your hopes and dreams hinged on the GNR Hall of Fame ceremony?  hihi

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1731 on: April 03, 2012, 05:20:49 PM »

Green Day soulless sham of a band represents all that has gone wrong with the music industry.  They have no right to be in the same league as Guns N' Roses.  They single handedly brought down the industry by introducing to the masses grossly uninspired music via the colleges and universities.  I'm not even being a GN'R fanboy here either...  I thought the Bill Clinton rumor was much better than this. 

Fuck the "Rock N' Roll" Hall of Fame
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1732 on: April 03, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »

dude Green Day is one of the biggest bands of the last 25 years, and in my opinion the best band to come out of the 90's, at the very least they are the most relevant 90's band here in 2012.  They are one of the most influential bands of all-time and will be joining the Hall of Fame on the first ballot in about 2 years.  Seriously, what is wrong with some of you?  You couldn't ask for a bigger name with as much cred as Green Day...oh and they have been doing it for over 20 years and are still packing arenas and are at the top of their game..  Fucking amazing choice.  This debacle of a Hall of Fame ceremony finally just became cool.

But no, some of you will bitch and moan and want dinosaurs like Steven Tyler to induct them.  Seriously some of you have to listen to some newer music.

I could break your post down jarmo style and bash every single sentance but I for one realize this is not a thread about the guys inducting but a thread about Guns. I wouldn't want to see Steven Tyler induct GN'R but a dinosaur is much cooler than a Billie Joe Armstrong. Have you not seen Jurassic Park?  Tongue

stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1733 on: April 03, 2012, 05:25:03 PM »

Pearl Jam or anyone from Nirvana, NIN, Sound Garden, etc would have been a better choice if you want to go with the 90's popular bands. 
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1734 on: April 03, 2012, 05:34:36 PM »

Pearl Jam or anyone from Nirvana, NIN, Sound Garden, etc would have been a better choice if you want to go with the 90's popular bands. 

of course you would mention those bands, , thats my whole fucking point.   Move the fuck on from 1992.  And really a member from Nirvana?  Like do none of you pay attention to the things that Nirvana has said about Axl Rose over the last 20 years?  Some of you even wanted Sebastian Bach!!

I think it is cool that they found a younger band than GNR, that is respected in the industry, with an enormous amount of music cred who are most likely going to talk about how they were INFLUENCED by them, isnt that the whole point?

What is Eddie Vedder  going to say? "yeah we were both really famous around the same time....and ...well  we had nothing in common with each other other than that.  Also we were from a completely different scene that actually railed against what GNR were all about."   How the fuck is that a good induction speech?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #1735 on: April 03, 2012, 05:35:26 PM »

Yeah, Lady Gaga is really popular too!  Let's have her induct Guns!  At least she wears their t-shirts!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1736 on: April 03, 2012, 05:39:16 PM »

Yeah, Lady Gaga is really popular too!  Let's have her induct Guns!  At least she wears their t-shirts!

its got nothing to do with being popular, Green Day is massively influential as well, and a first ballot Hall of Famer themselves in a few years when their time comes.

Honestly if Green Day were mentioned before today I would have said A. They are too big to do it or B. they wouldnt be interested.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #1737 on: April 03, 2012, 05:42:22 PM »

Don't argue with Bodhi. Everything he says about music is the truth and only his opinion matters.  Roll Eyes

Axl is God.
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1738 on: April 03, 2012, 05:43:55 PM »

of course you would mention those bands, , thats my whole fucking point.   Move the fuck on from 1992.  And really a member from Nirvana?  Like do none of you pay attention to the things that Nirvana has said about Axl Rose over the last 20 years?  Some of you even wanted Sebastian Bach!!

I think it is cool that they found a younger band than GNR, that is respected in the industry, with an enormous amount of music cred who are most likely going to talk about how they were INFLUENCED by them, isnt that the whole point?

What is Eddie Vedder  going to say? "yeah we were both really famous around the same time....and ...well  we had nothing in common with each other other than that.  Also we were from a completely different scene that actually railed against what GNR were all about."   How the fuck is that a good induction speech?

Yes anyone from Nirvana, Dave Grohl is more of a music icon than anyone in Green Day or Green Day as a whole.  Not to mention, they ALL know each other...  And BTW, Green Day hit it big in 1994...  Not far off from 92...  The stupid crap about Nirvana is a joke... It was over not long after that stupid Courtney, Kurt, and Axl incident.  McKagan and Cobain were sitting together on the same plane on a flight back to Seattle before Cobain died.  Grohl played on Slash's record...  Krist and Duff have played live together recently... etc...

What is Green Day going to say?  
CIAT
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #1739 on: April 03, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »

You guys are being way too critical of Green Day. They're alright. Jesus Of Surburbia is an epic song.

Broski
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: