Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:06:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates  (Read 65813 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2014, 10:52:55 PM »

Wouldn't it be amazing if the band played shows for the people on the Internet instead of the paying attendees?
Then you'd all be happy instead of having thousands of fans going crazy at the shows....

Tongue

A reminder who the band plays for: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUhSa1_Cmu0
Sorry if that upsets some of you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2014, 11:06:51 PM »

^Right on. ok

I agree 100%. It is the way it should be, and frankly, I bet every band feels the same but Axl at least is honest and says it.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2014, 11:08:33 PM »

Wouldn't it be amazing if the band played shows for the people on the Internet instead of the paying attendees?
Then you'd all be happy instead of having thousands of fans going crazy at the shows....

Tongue

/jarmo

Axl said it best  ok
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2014, 12:04:57 AM »

VERY well said, Jarmo!  So much of this complaining and bitching is off base.   Seems to me that everyone at the shows in Brasil so far are having a kick ass time! 
thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2014, 02:52:52 AM »

The changes with the solos are brilliant and Ron's playing Abnormal
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2014, 03:55:16 AM »

Tongue

/jarmo

So I imagine the next live streamed show will give "the internet" what it wants, just like the last one did? We'll hear the spoken of 'new songs' I guess?

So long as the internet wants the exact same show they've played hundreds of times since 2006...
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2014, 04:04:46 AM »

I don't see how GNR fans can think they have a right to hear a new song it's just self entitlement and you guys aren't even at the show.
The people at the show are enjoying themselves

It's not a sense of entitlement, the band's manager confirmed they would be debuting 2-3 new songs during this tour.

It's not entitlement,  it's a hope they can actually be somewhat professional for once and live up to their own promises.

And as for Jarmo's 'Axl doesn't care what the internet thinks' one wonders why they chose to release that info on GNR fan sites rather than in a formal press release which is surely within the 'capability' of the band's management, if he cares so little what 'internet fans' think?

He doesn't care about the internet but does huge chats and brings Jarmo on stage reasonably regularly?

Er, yeah. Strong arguments people...
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:08:38 AM by Conan » Logged
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2014, 04:15:59 AM »

Tongue

Sorry if that upsets some of you.  /jarmo

Sorry dude but is a stupid statement. I go to a live shows because I Love listen to live music. That's it.

But i can't justify anymore a man who took over a glorius band because people in there "couldn't get along anymore", who said "i want to bury appetite", who said "it's time to move on" etc etc and then he doesn't produce anything with the new guys.

This is not actually a band, this is  a fuckin' juke box, they don't make new music either studio or live  , that's why people complain. No new songs since  2008, at least. And in the meanwhile he's getting older, he's clearly out of shape and shows lack on interest in everything he could do... He doesn't owe me anything, but he owes something to the history he represents.

Again... He can do whatever he wants, that's right. But at the same time i can say wathever I want. And I say Axl is doing everything wrong in the worst way possible. ex: he wastes his time trying to erase Slash from a fucking videogame claiming the former mate is trying to confuse people about the new line up  and then he doesn't do anything to promote the band but goin' on tour in wich attending people with belly, children and no hair still believes slash, duff & co are still in. I think This is almost the end of the line.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:19:23 AM by ITARocker » Logged
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2014, 04:36:02 AM »

The tone of frustration in your post is childlike.
You don't have to follow a band that doesn't do it for you.
No one wants to hear all this whining.

Go harangue the members who left. Being mad at Axl for staying is ridiculous.
As a fan in it for the long run, the whiners make me sick.

I don't think you understand what a jukebox is.
You want them to be a jukebox and they are not.

You also missed the point of the Activism lawsuit.

I think it is the end of the line FOR YOU.

Easy solution:
Don't be a fan then. No one wants to hear your faulty logic.
Don't you have somewhere better to be if you are unhappy here?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:38:43 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2014, 05:52:18 AM »

^^ agreed.

no shit. why on earth would u wast your "precious" posting here if you feel that way?? i sure as hell would't. confused

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2014, 05:52:56 AM »

Easy solution:

Most people who, let's put it this way, are dissatisfied with how things are going with GNR right now have been fans of the band for a long time. Comparing the music and live shows of the old and new band, you see? You might realize that fans here, maybe even the majority of those attending the shows, tend to discover a huge difference in quality and quantity. At least as far as official releases are concerned. Those people are really dissapointed by the lack of any artistic output of the band. Let's not even talk about all the promised stuff that never came out. Being a fan does not mean to always support everything 100% but also to voice dissatisfaction when it's valid. I'd argue that 99% of all cocertgoers visit a GNR concert because of what the band did pre-1995 and Axl is not doing anything to help promote his new cast of players. And he's certainly not doing the GNR-legacy a favor by playing these shows right now. So yeah...all in all it's really a pity.
NCrazy
Headliner

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2014, 06:06:00 AM »

I know right? What a bunch of whingers we are. Axl has spent all this time, effort, money and emotion to get where he wants to be. They state that they are going to play 3 new songs during the current run and maybe they will, but my hopes aren't high. They were going to release a couple of Blu-Ray's too and two follow up albums to CD and...

Now Axl clearly thinks being out of shape, unable to perform vocally as his own songs require and playing the same stuff over and over is what his "true" vision of GNR really is but all of these things, in the end have amounted to naught but might have beens...

This band isn't a joke it is what it is, a nostalgic cash grab. If they were in Australia instead of South America right now they'd get some of mine too, because I would pay to see them and people on the internet would think I had the "authority" to dislike having heard CD, Jungle, It's so easy, Brownstone, Estranged in that order for the 75th time in a
 row I suppose?

Because apparently that's the only way you're allowed to support GNR now. You certainly aren't allowed to be critical in any way of this stale remnant of the once 'most dangerous band in the world' even when the band members themselves are...

Who has never thought any of this?  Be honest.

even if that's true who cares? when I'm at the actual show I'm soo excited to just be there. It's one hell of a rush & I'd take it anyday over the daily grind of work-stress-bills-etc. I could also focus on all the drunken idiots spilling beer on me at the shows- but i really don't care cause it's well the worth the payoff.

Greensboro 91'
Greensboro 06'
Monterrey 07'
Hamilton, 09'
London, 09'
UK, 10'
SC 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ,WB
UK 10'
SC 10'

O2' 10'
SC 10'
CT,NJ WB 11

O2 Arena UK, 10'
Birmingham, UK 10'
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2014, 06:29:35 AM »

The whole point of being a fan after all the orginals left was that it was something new, something fresh! That it was creative, artistically interesting and exciting and forward looking.

Any way I really like Imperial State Electric and Walking Papers nowadays. Heave Tiger is a cool band too.

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2014, 07:29:20 AM »

Easy solution:

I think Axl missed the point if the Activision lawsuit.

He lost. Ironically enough because he couldn't get his act together in time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2014, 08:29:03 AM »

Not that I'm reading this bitch fest but it's what I love about the GNR community, you never give up on this band even if it means screaming at them from the net.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2014, 08:30:01 AM »

It's not a sense of entitlement, the band's manager confirmed they would be debuting 2-3 new songs during this tour.

It's not entitlement,  it's a hope they can actually be somewhat professional for once and live up to their own promises.

Overall, I'm with you.

And while I'm never a fan of the endless spin we are sometimes subjected to, I don't know I can kill them for no new songs.  Love to see it, obviously.  But what did we really have on that?  That was only "reported" and "confirmed" by some dude on a message board.  Ultimately, he is just a name on a screen.  He could be anybody, and could be just throwing shit out there.  We don't know.

But what is not up for debate is Axl's voice.  And I see far more people concerned about that than I do about new songs.

Look, we've all seen the clip of the end of 'November Rain' by now.  Its frightening, by any objective standard.  Do you think its a coincidence that its posted on every GNR board on the net, except this one?  Not for one moment.  There is no putting a good face on that clip.  Its just bad.

And that is not a "people on the internet" problem.  That is a very real world, you can obviously hear what we are all hearing type of problem.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2014, 09:06:03 AM »

Axl's not playing for the people on the internet who aren't at the shows and doesn't care what the internet people think of the set lists.
MsRocknrolla
Opening Act

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2014, 09:12:22 AM »

"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet."

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2014, 09:19:58 AM »

Axl's not playing for the people on the internet who aren't at the shows and doesn't care what the internet people think of the set lists.

How does that have anything to do with how he sounds though?

I'm a big believer in the concept you can't lose what you never had.  So while I'm sort of bummed there are no new songs, how the hell do I know what I'm missing?

But what about his performance of the classic songs that I have heard him sing for years?  What do "people on the internet" have to do with that?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2014, 09:42:34 AM »

no that clip of NR doesn't sound good.... but i dont want to be critical of that... the guy is not 30 anymore... i dont know what people want from him there...

my gripe is just that new songs would go such a long way...i dont care if they play mostly the smae songs in the same order.... but...come on man... the guys in the band want to do it..... what is the hold up in 2014.....

to me thats not "complaining about the setlist"...i just want the band to more forward...you want people to stop comparing the band to older versions..well then create a new legacy with ur "new" band... and by new band i mean the one that is years on old already, he says he wants to bury Appetite and have his band evolve musically... i mean that was his main issue with Slash right? that Slash didnt want to evolve or change the sound at all... well then... change the sound and let us hear all these amazing ideas you had...what are waiting for ....

jarmo is quick to show you the clip about him declaring he doesn't play for the message boards, but he doesnt show you the clip where he declares we change the setlist each night so fans dont see the same repeat show ....uhhhh really?

its frustrating to me... to each their own.. I wish i could be one of these people around here who just see it as Awesome! and be thankful for what we have...but I just don't see it that way

I have seen this show close to ten times now.... Loved it every time...it is just time to move this ship forward
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 09:49:52 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: