Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:20:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates  (Read 65812 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2014, 07:25:17 PM »

What does it all mean? What did I say? Did I say it, or didn't I? You tell me.

According to some, my opinion isn't valid because I was there. Opinions based on Youtube clips are more valid.
Funny.

No one is saying your opinion is not valid. 

You say it to them, of course, all the damn time.  But no one ever says it to you for whatever reason.  Its not a bad set-up, really.

But one thing you do say, and say often, are statements that have nothing to do with anything.  Questions about any possible new songs, or vocal quality should never answered with "I guess all the people that were singing along disagree". 

That's an answer that doesn't mean anything.  Not unless the question was "hey, was the crowd having fun?"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2014, 07:28:17 PM »

Just as I would hope you don't take offense to the fact that the few days you were not here, there were no fights in any threads.  Perhaps there is a connection there too.

Hello??  wave

Seriously??  Roll Eyes

By that statement you're saying that anyone else's (me) comments to refute your theories/opinions are 'discussions' but Jarmo's comments to anything is a 'fight'??

I'd be flattered but Me thinkist I smell a jarmo-stalking troll.

Plus i didnt hear anything wrong with Axls voice in the videos i saw. Actually i enjoyed them.

The clip of 'November Rain' going around...no red flags, that you hear?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9IQdy94VAE
this one ? Yes, i double checked i still like it

No, not that one.

The clip I am talking about is the end, which is a god damn train wreck.  This clip just happens to cut off right before that.

Here we go :

http://youtu.be/2D7QypeLbSM

Now I ask you, in all candor, how is this not a problem?

In all candor, the first clip that rebelhipi posted is 6 minutes and 37 seconds long and there's (by your own admission) no issues but you have a problem in the additional minute and 50 seconds clip that you posted where Axl is singing for 20 seconds in a higher pitch than the rest of the entire song??  confused

So in your opinion Axl should quit the biz because of 20 seconds of a less-than-perfect sound quality youtube??  hihi

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »

So in your opinion Axl should quit the biz because of 20 seconds of a less-than-perfect sound quality youtube??  hihi

Yes, that is what I'm saying.

I think that is the most logical read by anyone looking to have a serious conversation.  Yes.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2014, 07:41:06 PM »

Yes, that is what I'm saying.

I think that is the most logical read by anyone looking to have a serious conversation.  Yes.

We can't have a serious conversation until some of you start saying something constructive and/or logical.  ok

They're youtube clips!!!  He sang in a higher pitch for 20 seconds at the end of an 8+ minutes song!!! 

I'd think people would be more impressed that he could sing in that high a pitch after singing for 7+ minutes.  Tongue

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:43:08 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2014, 07:45:43 PM »

I don't know what to tell you.

If you think he sounds dynamite, hey...salud. 

thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2014, 07:50:12 PM »

The youtube videos must be taken from a shitty phone
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2014, 07:53:35 PM »

OMG this cant be happening.... rofl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iys1OBhtNmY

thats from a crappy cellphone too...compared to all 2010 performances, his voice is overall the same (rasp). And videos from 2014 are different BUT they are similiar when compared with the same year.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 07:57:15 PM by ignaliza » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2014, 07:57:00 PM »

Maybe later in the tour people will have nicer phones and he'll sound better.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2014, 07:57:46 PM »

you find that funny why?  the sound on those youtube clips are recorded off the sound coming out of the audio system at the venue plus all the sounds in the crowd.  it's not like they're soundboard recordings.

ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »

you find that funny why?  the sound on those youtube clips are recorded off the sound coming out of the audio system at the venue plus all the sounds in the crowd.  it's not like they're soundboard recordings.

But you can clearly hear his voice, the people from the audience doesnt change his pitch or sound.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2014, 08:00:28 PM »

Because the joke always is that whenever he sounds bad, well...can't trust Youtube/cell phones/human hearing, etc.

Clips where he sounds good don't seem to be subject to such scrutiny.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2014, 08:01:15 PM »

But you can clearly hear his voice, the people from the audience doesnt change his pitch or sound.

It was 20 seconds sung in a higher key than the rest of a song at the end of an 8+ minute performance in the middle of a 2+ hours show!!! 

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2014, 08:05:51 PM »

It was 20 seconds sung in a higher key than the rest of a song at the end of an 8+ minute performance in the middle of a 2+ hours show!!! 

No, no, you are right. 

I'm serious.  That clip alone is not the end all, be all.  I would never say it is.

However, take all the clips together.  I'm not talking about the ones where you clearly hear more fans than you do Axl vocals.

Would you agree that with clips from each show as the tour wears on, we will able to be formulate a rather credible opinion in a few weeks?

ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2014, 08:16:33 PM »

But you  hear him in those seconds, I never said he sounds good or bad.
GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2014, 08:18:56 PM »

Would you agree that with clips from each show as the tour wears on, we will able to be formulate a rather credible opinion in a few weeks?

If by 'credible opinion' you mean that if in peoples' opinion Axl nailed his vocals for 2 hours and 55 minutes of shows that average 3 hours for each of the 12 shows on this leg of the tour.  Then yes.

But to pick out 20 seconds here and there from clips is unfair scrutiny IMO.

GypsySoul
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2014, 08:24:07 PM »

I'm not sure I'm following what your point is.
Yes, you can pretty clearly hear what was recorded off the sound system at the venue.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2014, 08:26:39 PM »

If by 'credible opinion' you mean that if in peoples' opinion Axl nailed his vocals for 2 hours and 55 minutes of shows that average 3 hours for each of the 12 shows on this leg of the tour.  Then yes.

But to pick out 20 seconds here and there from clips is unfair scrutiny IMO.

And I'd agree with that.  No doubt.  

I would make the decision over time.  A bad song, a bad night...hey, that shit happens.  No question about it.  

I look forward to every show because I want to hear him sound good.  That is what I root for, and what serves us best as a fanbase.

But what will not happen, is my stating he's "on fire!" and "killing it!" if he's not.  I just don't think that helps anybody.

And, just in general, I know what he's capable of and what he can do.  I have over 22 GB of Guns N' Roses concerts on my iPod.  I know what I'm looking for and I can't be snowed.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »

Yes, you can pretty clearly hear what was recorded off the sound system at the venue.

But sometimes, its claimed that its unreliable and faulty...IF...he does not sound good.  But, only if.

No one has ever put up a 2006 clip and told you not to trust what you hear.  Do you see what I'm saying?

ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2014, 08:30:12 PM »

But sometimes, its claimed that its unreliable and faulty...IF...he does not sound good.  But, only if.

No one has ever put up a 2006 clip and told you not to trust what you hear.  Do you see what I'm saying?

You dont watch a 2010 video and say, thats just a recording with a crappy cellphone off the sound system at the venue and people screaming  confused
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2014, 08:31:55 PM »

Exactly.

Youtube and cell phones seemed to become unreliable around October 2011.  Which, coincidentally, was Rock In Rio.

How else are people supposed to take that?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: