Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:40:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates  (Read 65813 times)
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2014, 08:49:38 PM »

Its not about hating everything 11-14, there are mindblowing performances aswell ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5n6c1Q8DOQ )

PS (offtopic):  I included parts of that video in my Happy 52? Birthday Axl from Chile video  peace
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2014, 08:51:31 PM »

Its not about hating everything 11-14, there are mindblowing performances aswell ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5n6c1Q8DOQ )

PS (offtopic):  I included parts of that video in my Happy 52? Birthday Axl from Chile video  peace

Many nights from that time period, I thought that was the best song of the entire set.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »

But you  hear him in those seconds, I never said he sounds good or bad.

I'm not sure I'm following what your point is.
Yes, you can pretty clearly hear what was recorded off the sound system at the venue.

But sometimes, its claimed that its unreliable and faulty...IF...he does not sound good.  But, only if.

No one has ever put up a 2006 clip and told you not to trust what you hear.  Do you see what I'm saying?

You dont watch a 2010 video and say, thats just a recording with a crappy cellphone off the sound system at the venue and people screaming  confused

Youze really don't remember the same scrutiny during the 2006 and 2010 tours??
You'll have to take my word for it but it was definitely out there.
Has nothing to do with the recording equipment, crowd noise, acoustics of the venue, etc. 
Some fans tend to pick out a few, shall we say, 'off' moments and make it like the entire show/tour was a major fail. 

IMHO, we fans get way more than our money's worth from the ENTIRE performance and show GNR & their crew put out there each and every show. The stage set-up, the video screens, the fireworks, plus 8 of the most amazing artists.  There's way more to celebrate than there is to criticize.... but then we wouldn't have a need for fan forums.  Wink

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ignaliza
Opening Act

« Reply #183 on: March 24, 2014, 09:17:00 PM »

But you  hear him in those seconds, I never said he sounds good or bad.

I'm not sure I'm following what your point is.
Yes, you can pretty clearly hear what was recorded off the sound system at the venue.

But sometimes, its claimed that its unreliable and faulty...IF...he does not sound good.  But, only if.

No one has ever put up a 2006 clip and told you not to trust what you hear.  Do you see what I'm saying?

You dont watch a 2010 video and say, thats just a recording with a crappy cellphone off the sound system at the venue and people screaming  confused

Youze really don't remember the same scrutiny during the 2006 and 2010 tours??
You'll have to take my word for it but it was definitely out there.
Has nothing to do with the recording equipment, crowd noise, acoustics of the venue, etc. 
Some fans tend to pick out a few, shall we say, 'off' moments and make it like the entire show/tour was a major fail. 

IMHO, we fans get way more than our money's worth from the ENTIRE performance and show GNR & their crew put out there each and every show. The stage set-up, the video screens, the fireworks, plus 8 of the most amazing artists.  There's way more to celebrate than there is to criticize.... but then we wouldn't have a need for fan forums.  Wink

I agree  ok but I don't know if now its a good moment, lets see Smiley
thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #184 on: March 24, 2014, 09:28:45 PM »

You have to watch the full show to be able to review it
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #185 on: March 24, 2014, 09:35:14 PM »

I'd agree with that, really.

But, I have soundboard recordings from 2012 I was advised didn't count either. so.....you can see the bind I'm in.  After awhile, it becomes evident that nothing you can produce will be acceptable, if its not what people want to hear.

Quick example :

I think the 12.19.09 show is probably the best GNR show after the album finally came out.  Listen to it all the time and would hold it up as an alltime concert from any era.  I have shows from 2010 that I think aren't quite on that level, but still very good.  Then I have shows from 2012 (which are actually better sound quality than the 2009 or 2010 shows, in truth) and they are a total disaster.

I am not slanted pro OR con.  I react to what I hear.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #186 on: March 24, 2014, 09:38:08 PM »

I agree that the flow of the entire show is an important factor.
That being said, it always amazed me how Axl can stop in the middle of a song to call out something going on in the crowd but then pick it back up at a level like he was never interrupted. Amazing!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2014, 09:47:43 PM »

I agree that the flow of the entire show is an important factor.
That being said, it always amazed me how Axl can stop in the middle of a song to call out something going on in the crowd but then pick it back up at a level like he was never interrupted. Amazing!

That is truly incredible.

I have shown more than one friend the 'You Could Be Mine' from the 12.05.92 show, and they always remark how nuts it is.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #188 on: March 24, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »

No one is saying your opinion is not valid.

Explain this then:

but ur opinion in any gnr debate.....carries zero weight

But one thing you do say, and say often, are statements that have nothing to do with anything.  Questions about any possible new songs, or vocal quality should never answered with "I guess all the people that were singing along disagree". 

Yeah well, at the end of the day, your opinion doesn't matter to the guy in the audience who had a hell of a time. Does it bother you?
That's all I'm saying. Does my opinion matter to that person? No.

Does it bother you that somebody who was at the show points out to the Internet judges that there were thousands of people at the show who had a great time even though the performance wasn't to your liking?

What's wrong with pointing that out? I'm not lying, I'm not making shit up, I'm not posting an opinion. I'm pointing out a FACT. It's not up for a debate nor is it about personal preference. People had a great fucking time.

Fact.

In the middle of this bitch fest from people who were not there, I added some reality from the real world to your Youtube reality.
If the customers were happy, who are you to say they are wrong? Do you get it?

And I'm sorry for interrupting your LoveFest while you were busy agreeing amongst yourselves.  Kiss

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #189 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:00 PM »

Plus i didnt hear anything wrong with Axls voice in the videos i saw. Actually i enjoyed them.

The clip of 'November Rain' going around...no red flags, that you hear?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9IQdy94VAE
this one ? Yes, i double checked i still like it

No, not that one.

The clip I am talking about is the end, which is a god damn train wreck.  This clip just happens to cut off right before that.

Here we go :

http://youtu.be/2D7QypeLbSM

Now I ask you, in all candor, how is this not a problem?

Gosh, I guess I am missing something. It does not sound that bad to me. It's rock n roll, not the symphony. It sounds like Axl put some emotion into the end and his voice was high, so what? My question to the whiners is how many of you could do what he does night after night, sing and perform at a high level? My throat is sore just from screaming after a GNR concert, and I was not singing or performing. I cannot imagine how hard it is for a 50+ year old to do what he does, so unless you can walk in his shoes you should not complain (as the old saying goes).

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #190 on: March 24, 2014, 10:14:16 PM »

No one is saying your opinion is not valid.

Explain this then:

but ur opinion in any gnr debate.....carries zero weight

I would label this an overly nasty comment of a personal nature that does not further the debate. 

But one thing you do say, and say often, are statements that have nothing to do with anything.  Questions about any possible new songs, or vocal quality should never answered with "I guess all the people that were singing along disagree". 

Yeah well, at the end of the day, your opinion doesn't matter to the guy in the audience who had a hell of a time. Does it bother you?
That's all I'm saying. Does my opinion matter to that person? No.

Does it bother you that somebody who was at the show points out to the Internet judges that there were thousands of people at the show who had a great time even though the performance wasn't to your liking?

What's wrong with pointing that out? I'm not lying, I'm not making shit up, I'm not posting an opinion. I'm pointing out a FACT. It's not up for a debate nor is it about personal preference. People had a great fucking time.

Fact.

In the middle of this bitch fest from people who were not there, I added some reality from the real world to your Youtube reality.
If the customers were happy, who are you to say they are wrong? Do you get it?

I get it just fine.  Please do not doubt for one second I don't see what you are going for.

Its all to avoid what is, in essence, a yes or no question.  Does he sound good, yes or no?  That's it.  Its one word.

But you duck it like a drunk coming up on a DUI checkpoint.  You'd rather try and change the subject to who sang along at the concert.  Or some rant Axl made in 2006.  Or some other meandering diatribe about "society" and "haters".

Its a yes or no answer, guy.  The only reason to introduce that other shit is to avoid answering that simple question.

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #191 on: March 24, 2014, 10:19:05 PM »

Gosh, I guess I am missing something. It does not sound that bad to me. It's rock n roll, not the symphony. It sounds like Axl put some emotion into the end and his voice was high, so what? My question to the whiners is how many of you could do what he does night after night, sing and perform at a high level? My throat is sore just from screaming after a GNR concert, and I was not singing or performing. I cannot imagine how hard it is for a 50+ year old to do what he does, so unless you can walk in his shoes you should not complain (as the old saying goes).

It appears we have a difference of opinion.

Here is where I am coming from.  I am listening to a GNR show from Ottawa 2010, as I type this.  From that show, until present day, I get a sense of...man, what happened here? 

I think if you take a song like, say, 'You Could Be Mine'...and compare the song from that night to a more recent show, the reaction of most people would not be that they are hearing renditions of equal vocal quality.

That's more my deal.  Ultimately, I think the most recent shows suffer from comparison to his own body of work.  That's all.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: March 24, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »

Does he sound good? That's up to the listener isn't it? Personally I don't get the whining. And as I pointed out to you, it appears that the fans at the shows don't get it either.
What sounds good to you might sound bad to somebody else.

There's no absolutely truth. Just because you prefer some sound to another, doesn't mean you're right.

This particular show wasn't exactly the pinnacle of the tour. Shit happened. Why do you think Axl threw his mic up in the air at the end of your clip? Because he was happy?

I don't get your whining. You don't like it, we get it. You keep repeating it over and over again. And I keep telling you that you're a shit out of luck. Smiley
Axl's not playing these songs for you. I guess the reality of knowing that must suck....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #193 on: March 24, 2014, 10:34:30 PM »

Does he sound good? That's up to the listener isn't it? Personally I don't get the whining. And as I pointed out to you, it appears that the fans at the shows don't get it either.
What sounds good to you might sound bad to somebody else.

There's no absolutely truth. Just because you prefer some sound to another, doesn't mean you're right.

This particular show wasn't exactly the pinnacle of the tour. Shit happened. Why do you think Axl threw his mic up in the air at the end of your clip? Because he was happy?

Been some conjecture as to what is going on there.  Can you shed any light?

Because, yeah, he looks furious.  Reminded me of that 2002 show he does this during 'Patience'.  Cleveland?  Columbus?  I can't recall which town it was.

I don't get your whining. You don't like it, we get it. You keep repeating it over and over again. And I keep telling you that you're a shit out of luck. Smiley
Axl's not playing these songs for you. I guess the reality of knowing that must suck....

I get the distinct impression you really consider statements like this to be "gotcha" type moments.  I can picture dropping the metaphorical mic as you hit the post button.

The reality is that you don't like that I don't think everything is sunshine and puppy dog tails.  And about all I can say to that is...too bad. 

We don't always agree, yet I still try and maintain a rather civil discourse.  Despite these attempts to bait me into some snippy name calling contest.  Are we 13 years old here?  Come on now.

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2014, 11:02:49 PM »

He did seem to sing off key during that short end to NR but only for those few lines, does anyone wish to shed any light as to why he got up & introduced BBF then threw the mic over his shoulder (love when he does that, it's an Axl thing to do)? Clearly he wasn't happy, some said his earpiece may have fallen out but who can tell?

As for the screen at the back, does anyone actually watch that? I read people said they liked the new video on the screen & was surprised that they noticed it, at the concert or watching the clips of songs the last thing I notice is the screen unless the band are on it.

He threw the mic over his shoulder in Santiago, Chile when someone spat on him as he sang "when they shot Kennedy" and then didn't know what to do with his hands until he crossed them & stared at the person who spat. Ugh!  rant
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:07:21 PM by dolphins » Logged
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2014, 11:07:46 PM »

He did seem to sing off key during that short end to NR but only for those few lines, does anyone wish to shed any light as to why he got up & introduced BBF then threw the mic over his shoulder (love when he does that, it's an Axl thing to do)? Clearly he wasn't happy, some said his earpiece may have fallen out but who can tell?

I have a wacky theory and I'll tell you how it goes.

Is he singing that way on purpose because the band has clearly goofed up the music?  Is his singing that way and then storming off all in protest, for lack of a better word?

dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #196 on: March 25, 2014, 01:36:20 AM »

I have a wacky theory and I'll tell you how it goes.

Is he singing that way on purpose because the band has clearly goofed up the music?  Is his singing that way and then storming off all in protest, for lack of a better word?

Did the band goof up? I can't tell but he'd know. It would be the sort of thing he'd do to let them know if they can play badly he can sing badly. In that case I wouldn't like to be in their shoes when they finish up.  Shocked
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #197 on: March 25, 2014, 05:44:24 AM »

Any1 seen teenage kicks w tommy anywhere? Either Rio or this, will lubs j00 long time peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2014, 06:53:59 AM »

I like the sound of this tour Bumble playing Abnormal, DJ with a new solo and Tommy's cover  beer
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2014, 09:32:35 AM »

Been some conjecture as to what is going on there.  Can you shed any light?

No, I can't. I thought you guys could by looking at the clips.

I get the distinct impression you really consider statements like this to be "gotcha" type moments.  I can picture dropping the metaphorical mic as you hit the post button.

No, it's just reality.
Your posts don't make a difference. Maybe to you, but....

The reality is that you don't like that I don't think everything is sunshine and puppy dog tails.  And about all I can say to that is...too bad. 

The actual reality is that you're a guy on the Internet complaining about the shows. The shows you don't attend.
Now, I'm not saying your opinion doesn't matter, it matters to you. To me, it might matter less. I'm sorry if it offends you and your kind. It's just reality.

The reality is that you guys won't be happy with any of the shows unless they change the set. And even then you'll find something else that you don't like on Youtube.
We have ten more shows on this leg, and it's pretty boring to see the same people bring up their same issues up in every thread. We get it. You don't like it.

Others liked it though... Just saying.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: