Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:54:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227841 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Sebastian Bach's "Angel Down" album - discussions about the songs  (Read 231181 times)
Bobarcord
On The Steps of The Cathedral
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1320 on: November 20, 2007, 09:47:25 PM »

So I went to Best Buy after school to get the CD but it was all sold out. I ended up going to Target and grabbing their last copy.

Anyway, the CD is fucking great... I love it! I actually think I like it toooo much.... today I was jamming to it and fucking ran into a car. It was minor but I fucked up my dad's lexus and he's gonna flip shit.  Embarrassed hihi

Someone is gettign a beatiing.... lol

At lest you got a copy of the album .  The thing rocks.

CD will be out when it's out. ....
bailyrose
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1321 on: November 20, 2007, 10:27:29 PM »

Hey greener were you told any details when it's coming out.I don't understand this I never had this problem from bands before.I hate to say it but i want this album so bad I think I will download it from a torrent site.But I sware I will buy it once I see it in the record store.
HuskerTornado
Opening Act

« Reply #1322 on: November 21, 2007, 12:10:08 AM »

I went to my local Best Buy and the guy said "we're the only BB store in the area that didn't get any copies of it..." That was after he gave me a look like "Sebastian Bach?....oh brother...wouldn't you rather have this FallOutBoy CD?"

So anyway, I had to drive 20 miles to a different Best Buy store to get one.  Their inventory said they were sent 2 whole CDs.  2 for a new release?!  I scrambled through the store to find it and no luck.  Finally, in the dvd section, I see a little cart with some unstocked inventory on it from across the store.  I saw the yellow cover and got pretty excited.  Both copies were there.

Couldn't wait until I got home so I ripped it open in the car and listened the whole way home. 

Awesome CD. 

Acekicken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1323 on: November 21, 2007, 12:59:21 AM »

Shocked We're noticing a stocking issue where stores are selling out.
We need to know the store, store number if you can get it, city and state where you are having any problems finding the record.

Not a bad problem to have, but a problem nonetheless.
Thanks? Shocked
makkonen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1324 on: November 21, 2007, 04:44:41 AM »

Listened the album...weak crap (just what i was expecting from Bach).
Anyone still thinks he is talented?!?!?
"Negative Light" was so awful that it made me laugh.
And "Our love is a lie" is "Bitchslap" w/ different lyrics,hehehe....oh man....
Even Axl can?t help this album, but as he is Seb?s friend, i?m glad he tried.
So 1 star out of 5 and that just because of Axl?s effort.
And once again...Axl, don?t get Seb to ruin any of GN`R-records...PLEASE!!!!!!
Nightrain7
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1325 on: November 21, 2007, 05:48:09 AM »

I went to Sanity today, they didnt have the album so i asked them if they can look up when its coming out and she said they have nothin coming up from Sebastian Bach!!! i was pissed off and confussed, what the hell is going on!!

Chinese Democracy "Get on board or F**K OFF!!"
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1326 on: November 21, 2007, 06:52:39 AM »

I went to Sanity today, they didnt have the album so i asked them if they can look up when its coming out and she said they have nothin coming up from Sebastian Bach!!! i was pissed off and confussed, what the hell is going on!!

Anyone know when this bitch is hitting australian shelves?

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1327 on: November 21, 2007, 07:40:38 AM »

I guess thats the problem w/ a small label stores don't get that many shipped to them. I got it last Thursday at an Independent store and they had about 20 copies in the basement. Mu friend went to Best Buy and they had 3 listed but no one could find them in the store..
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1328 on: November 21, 2007, 08:14:41 AM »

Listened the album...weak crap (just what i was expecting from Bach).
Anyone still thinks he is talented?!?!?
"Negative Light" was so awful that it made me laugh.
And "Our love is a lie" is "Bitchslap" w/ different lyrics,hehehe....oh man....
Even Axl can?t help this album, but as he is Seb?s friend, i?m glad he tried.
So 1 star out of 5 and that just because of Axl?s effort.
And once again...Axl, don?t get Seb to ruin any of GN`R-records...PLEASE!!!!!!

agreed... glad i d/l for free, rather than paying for it its garbage. Only the 3 tracks with Axl are staying in my iTunes... the rest... well they're goin' where they belong... trash bin. Axl sounds damn good!!!! He sounds like he did on UYI. Dammit, put out the album.  crying
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #1329 on: November 21, 2007, 08:21:57 AM »

I pre-ordered my copy from "Sam Goody", went & picked up last evening. ?I can't imagine the rush I'm gonna feel on the day "Chines Democracy" is released, I was way to excited to hear these 3 songs featuring Axl on this album. ?

I was and am completely impressed with those three songs. Two very talented artist , who completely compliment each other. ?It wouldn't have hurt my feelings if Axl was on the entire album, but in my opinion Baz can definately pull the weight on his own, he has done a most excellent job and deserves much credit for his accomplishments, right down to the art work on the cover, which I also believe is the new tatoo he had done by "Kat Von D" when he visited "LA Ink".

Good Luck to you "Baz" and I thank Axl so much for doing this, it was really great to hear something new and different even if it wasn't yet your own masterpiece!!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1330 on: November 21, 2007, 09:25:49 AM »

I got mine at Best Buy yesterday but it was kind of hard to find, slightly hidden.  I had to dig to find it and there were only 5 copies or so.  It wasn't on display or in the new release section or anything.  I really like the album though.  The first 5 songs I really dig, especially the 3 with Axl.  And I can't help it but I like that ballad that Desmond Child wrote for him.  That man can write hits.  Definitely glad Axl decided to help out on this album because I wouldn't have bought it otherwise, and it was a worthwhile purchase.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #1331 on: November 21, 2007, 09:35:09 AM »

This is the pic with Axl in it that's included on the poster.  (The poster is in lieu of a booklet)

I believe the gentleman in the "insert" pic is Baz's dad whose painting was used as the cover artwork.

I like Axl's t-shirt... anyone know who's face that is?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1332 on: November 21, 2007, 09:52:38 AM »

I went to my local Best Buy and the guy said "we're the only BB store in the area that didn't get any copies of it..." That was after he gave me a look like "Sebastian Bach?....oh brother...wouldn't you rather have this FallOutBoy CD?"
hihi? I got a similar reaction.? I told the store manager that he should play it over the loudspeakers and his reply (with a very puzzled look on his face) was: Is he (Baz) a personal friend of yours?? Huh

The FYE where I bought mine had it right up front in the display with all the new releases.? I don't know how many they originally had but after I bought mine there was only one left in the display.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:08:26 AM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Axlfan982
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1333 on: November 21, 2007, 11:05:11 AM »

I can't find it anywhere.  I went to 2 best buys, and 2 targets only to be told that they didn't receive anything from Sebastian Bach.  I tried two local music stores as well, and nothing.  I just bought the remaster of the Song Remains the Same from Zeppelin.  I really had my hopes up for Bachs album though. Hopefully I'll get it soon.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1334 on: November 21, 2007, 11:10:38 AM »

Unfortunately, I had to be a good daddy last night and help out with some sick kids...so, I listened to the whole album this morning while everybody was sleeping.  Congrats to Baz...on the first listen through, I've really enjoyed 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 14. 

Baz should be proud!  It will be an Angel Down Thanksgiving in this household!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1   Cool
 peace

PS:  yeah, I like ballads a lot, but just to maintain some integrity, I have never dug GNR's So Fine.   ok

PS #2  btw, if you haven't heard the Trunk interview with Back talking about Angel Down, it's great.  Bach is just a cool fuckin' guy.   beer
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 11:12:16 AM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1335 on: November 21, 2007, 12:25:02 PM »

my friend got it from best buy and i listened to it last night...basically sounds like slave to the grind part two..wasnt impressed...power ballads galore and every songs tries to sound like 'monkey business'.....i think the subhuman race record Baz did in 1995 with skid row was much better.....on the plus side back in the saddle was pretty wicked
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #1336 on: November 21, 2007, 12:26:00 PM »

1:50 into Stuck Inside..........sounds like the Axl of old, im so fuckin pumped ? ok ok ok ok

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1337 on: November 21, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »

1:50 into Stuck Inside..........sounds like the Axl of old, im so fuckin pumped   ok ok ok ok

yea, easily the best moment on the album  Smiley
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1338 on: November 21, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »

1:50 into Stuck Inside..........sounds like the Axl of old, im so fuckin pumped   ok ok ok ok

yea, easily the best moment on the album  Smiley

I have to agree...when I heard that...he sounds great. drool

I want more.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlsSweetChild
Headliner

proof the band stands the test of time

« Reply #1339 on: November 21, 2007, 02:26:23 PM »

this is the most promising audio ive heard in 10 yrs

If you play My World backwards, Axl announces the release date for Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: