Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 07:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  NOV. 2, 2006 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum Complex *DISCUSSION*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NOV. 2, 2006 - Greensboro, NC @ Greensboro Coliseum Complex *DISCUSSION*  (Read 26771 times)
joscott
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2006, 02:32:01 PM »

This is my first post, but I have been reading the boards for a while. I went to the concert last night and it was amazing.

I never really had high hope on the openers, but Bach sounded really good, and I was surprised by the energy Papa Roach brought to the stage. All in all they were both very good.

But enough about that. Guns were amazing. The set list was huge and if more than made up for the wait. Axl's voice is as strong as even and the band played their asses off. The solos were great and not too long. They fit in very nice with the rest of the set.

I have not listened to the leaks, so I heard 4 new songs for the first time. They sounded nice and I was impressed by the originality. I want the cd to come out now more than ever.

Since I was in one of the upper sections, the group around me was pretty calm. I was the only one who got up and even got Axl and Ron's attention. They seemed to be having a lot of fun and really mesh well together and play off each other.

The coliseum was not full, but it wasn't bad. The coolest thing for me was seeing the age difference in the group. Not many bands can say they get such a diverse group of people and it was fun all night. The long wait made some fans too rowdy but I expected it, so I didn't get bent out of shape.

Awesome...just awesome. If  I could go again tonight, I'd be there in a heart beat.

Gn'R Forever!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 02:38:28 PM by joscott » Logged
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2006, 02:34:27 PM »

This is my first post, but I have been reading the boards for a while. I went to the concert last night and it was amazing.

I never really had high hope on the openers, but Bach sounded really good, and I was surprised by the energy Papa Roach brought to the stage. All in all they were both very good.

But enough about that. Guns were amazing. The set list was huge and if more than made up for the wait. Axl's voice is as strong as even and the band played their asses off. The solos were great and not too long. They fit in very nice with the rest of the set.

I have not listened to the leaks, so I heard 4 new songs for the first time. They sounded nice and I was impressed by the originality. I want the cd to come out now more than ever.

Since I was in one of the upper sections, the group around me was pretty calm. I was the only one who got up and even got Axl and Ron's attention. They seemed to be having a lot of fun and really mesh well together and play off each other.

The coliseum was not full, but it wasn't bad. The coolest thing for me was seeing the age difference in the group. Not many bands can say they get such a diverse group of people and it was fun all night. The long wait made some fans too rowdy but I expected it, so I didn't get bent out of shape.

Awesome...just awesome. If? I could go again tonight, I'd be their in a heart beat.

Gn'R Forever!

Nice review. Sounds like everyone is getting a kickass show, I am even more excited for Dec 1 & 2nd!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2006, 04:33:25 PM »

Me too.? Off to bed.? Tell your buddy thanks.? I hope he's rocking out with his cock out (and his cell phone).

Dude shut the hell up. No wonder nobody gives updates.

Douche bags like yourself bitch and make fun. Go away

What? Are you even kidding?

They just thought Id know better. Better.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2006, 04:42:51 PM »

Me too.  Off to bed.  Tell your buddy thanks.  I hope he's rocking out with his cock out (and his cell phone).

I may have been harsh, but this guy was being ridiculously lame yesterday night during the updates.

Christ.  I really want to go to bed, but I'm not convinced that TWAT was played (which is pretty cool on it's own) or something else.

How would he be so convinced that it wasn't Better, but not sure if it was TWAT?  Seriously.  Is this dude tone deaf?  Didn't both leaks come out around the same time?

How would he be so convinced that it wasn't Better, but not sure if it was TWAT?  Seriously.  Is this dude tone deaf?  Didn't both leaks come out around the same time?
Hes not too familiar about the new songs...
I told him the lyrics to better and he said "NO."
He also said that "band jam" thing was the outro to the song, so I beleive it is TWAT.

Did you text all of the lyrics to Better to him?  That must have been hard.

Well I am talking to him through AOL, to his phone.
And not on the lyrics, now stop being a smartass, he is updating us on every song so give it a rest.....

Are you sure this guy is really at the show?

Does anyone else think the image of some dude at a loud, racous rock show sitting in his seat reading lyrics off of his phone is really funny?

Does anyone else think the image of some dude at a loud, racous rock show sitting in his seat reading lyrics off of his phone is really funny?
I just asked if it started with

"No one ever told me when i was alone, they just thought I'd know better...."

So are you going to stop being an asshole NOW?

Me too.  Off to bed.  Tell your buddy thanks.  I hope he's rocking out with his cock out (and his cell phone).

All this shit. All he did was annoy the person updating (Elfish)

gnrevolution.com
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »

Yeah, I can't say I understand that post either?!

Anyways, I wanted to ask, is MSG the last date with Papa Roach?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2006, 04:58:38 PM »

Me too.? Off to bed.? Tell your buddy thanks.? I hope he's rocking out with his cock out (and his cell phone).

Yeah, I can't say I understand that post either?!

Anyways, I wanted to ask, is MSG the last date with Papa Roach?

yes they are headlining their tour in mid november
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2006, 05:55:07 PM »

I may have been harsh, but this guy was being ridiculously lame yesterday night during the updates.

Christ.  I really want to go to bed, but I'm not convinced that TWAT was played (which is pretty cool on it's own) or something else.

Hes not too familiar about the new songs...
I told him the lyrics to better and he said "NO."
He also said that "band jam" thing was the outro to the song, so I beleive it is TWAT.

Well I am talking to him through AOL, to his phone.
And not on the lyrics, now stop being a smartass, he is updating us on every song so give it a rest.....

Are you sure this guy is really at the show?

I just asked if it started with

"No one ever told me when i was alone, they just thought I'd know better...."

So are you going to stop being an asshole NOW?

All this shit. All he did was annoy the person updating (Elfish)

Since it was me that screwed up why not just ask me? I have read the lyrics to both songs, never heard them and got the titles confused. It was dark and I was trying to smoke not get busted, had a really hot date and have never updated from a show before. Also since I was there I wanted to enjoy the show as well as type updates. EFiISH was patient and supportive regarding my screw ups. I wouldn't have put up with you for two seconds. Quit calling me Dude.....I will send EFISH the video I think I took from last night, as soon as he explains to me how to do it! Whether or not you believe I was there or not is a reflection of you lack of life not mine. I go where I want, do what I want and sure as hell would not have been as patient with you as EFISH was. It was one hundred percent my screw up not his. So back off....or take it up with me...
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2006, 06:06:14 PM »

Nooz.. I'm not reffering to you.

I'm reffering to Danny. He kept giving Efish a hard time about the updates.. acted like a smartass. Read the quotes. Ask Efish

gnrevolution.com
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2006, 06:12:10 PM »

Nooz, you did a fine job and MOST of us here appreciated your updates.   ok
EFISH
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2006, 06:13:48 PM »

Yeah it was Danny, not -jack-..... jack actually stoood up for me yes\

Ill write you a PM about the video now ok
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2006, 06:27:38 PM »

I'm reffering to Danny. He kept giving Efish a hard time about the updates.. acted like a smartass. Read the quotes. Ask Efish

I have a better appreciation for people sending updates now. I figured when EFISH asked for clarification last night that  I must have screwed up. I just couldn't respond as fast as he asked questions! Not his fault as you said. It was nice to get home and actually see the set list and be able to share it with people both last night and today. I usually don't remember details like that after the fact, so I appreciated EFISH doing that when I bet he had a long day at school today for his efforts last night.  I'm still kind of in a show stupor from the whole event. I was not prepared for the show to have that kind of intensity. Even the detractors had to leave going WTF just happened. Pity the fool who tells some kid they don't know who the real GnR is after the show I just saw, they are bound to get an earful. Feel sorry for Danny I bet he would have really like to have been there. You are welcome Bandit and thanks for that; one bad apple shouldn?t spoil the whole damn bunch, it was my pleasure. Wish I could work technology as fast as EFISH does! Think all this Emerging technology is great for the future of music. Timing to even the score with the labels behavior in the nineties.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2006, 06:30:53 PM »

I have a better appreciation for people sending updates now. I figured when EFISH asked for clarification last night that? I must have screwed up. I just couldn't respond as fast as he asked questions! Not his fault as you said. It was nice to get home and actually see the set list and be able to share it with people both last night and today. I usually don't remember details like that after the fact, so I appreciated EFISH doing that when I bet he had a long day at school today for his efforts last night.? I'm still kind of in a show stupor from the whole event. I was not prepared for the show to have that kind of intensity. Even the detractors had to leave going WTF just happened. Pity the fool who tells some kid they don't know who the real GnR is after the show I just saw, they are bound to get an earful. Feel sorry for Danny I bet he would have really like to have been there. You are welcome Bandit and thanks for that; one bad apple shouldn?t spoil the whole damn bunch, it was my pleasure. Wish I could work technology as fast as EFISH does! Think all this Emerging technology is great for the future of music. Timing to even the score with the labels behavior in the nineties.

thanks man, everthing that you did meant a lot to me
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2006, 11:40:14 PM »

maybe axl cares about us whining fans more than we think?? Grin

No.

Some of the other band members & other people involved had said before that gradual setlist changes were going to be made after the warm-up shows.

Nah the gradual setlist changes were to include new songs.? Looks to me like they were mixing it up as a direct response to the bitching and moaning they claimed to not give a fuck about.? They dissed the people "sitting behind their keyboards" to save face and then realized we were right.? ?ok?

Hahahaha... no ... they don't care what you think.

Anyways, i'm not gonna argue about it. You see it one way, I see it another.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2006, 01:07:48 AM »

found a review for anyone interested...

http://blog.news-record.com/staff/musiccan/archives/2006/11/concert_review_16.html

Concert Review: Guns N Roses/Papa Roach
Jeff Hahne
(Friday, November 3, 2006 2:25 AM)

Guns N Roses w/ Papa Roach
Nov. 2, 2006
Greensboro Coliseum
Greensboro, N.C.

No Slash. No Gilby. No Duff. No Izzy. No problem, really.

While only one original member of Guns N Roses remains, the voice of Axl Rose simply can't be replaced.

The latest incarnation of the band hit the Greensboro Coliseum on Thursday night and the more than 6,000 fans left satisified by what they saw - once the waiting was done.

After a brief set by former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, Papa Roach hit the stage at 9:30 p.m.

The four-piece former nu-metalers from California did their best to pump up the crowd for nearly an hour.

Mixing recent hits with songs of their first album, "Infest," singer Jacoby Shaddix was in fine form for the duration of the evening.

Fists pumping in the air, Shaddix made complete use of the spread out stage - even finding time to run out into the crowd to be among the fans during "Alive and Out of Control."

The crowd finally got on its feet and energy was rising when the band sang their first hit, "Last Resort," leaving Shaddix with a smile on his face.

By the time Papa Roach left the stage at 10:20 p.m., the crowd was ready for the man they came to see - Axl Rose.

So the crowd waited.... and waited...

A fight broke out on the floor. And the crowd waited...

Another fight broke out in the lower level. And the crowd waited...

At 11 p.m., concessions stopped serving beer because the crowd was getting to rowdy. But the people still waited...

11:30 p.m., and no movement on stage... the crowd starts to boo.

11:40 p.m. Lights out.

One note reverberating in the darkness, and then you hear it:

"Do you know where you are?!?"

The opening of "Welcome to the Jungle" sent the crowd into a frenzy, and the long wait was instantly forgotten.

Clad in jeans, a black shirt, red Doc Maartens and cropped corn-rows pulled into a ponytail, Axl Rose hit the stage like a man on fire.

Though his voice didn't seem to have the power in it during the opening track, that thought was quickly thrown out.

Rose was in great form for someone who spent years off the road and out of the public eye.

It didn't matter who else was on stage. With Axl singing, this was Guns N Roses. He hit his screams, his range was solid and his vocals even sounded like they got better as the night went on.

A seven-piece band behind him, Rose opened the show with a pair of the band's classics, "It's So Easy" and "Mr. Brownstone," before moving to two covers "Live and Let Die" and "Knockin' On Heaven's Door."

His signature strut and one-footed bounce still intact, Rose looked completely energized for the duration of the 25-song set.

While the new tunes such as "Better," "IRS" and "The Blues" don't feel as catchy as the old ones, they still had the crowd interested.

Sure, some people are still searching for Slash, but the new guitarists didn't miss a string, fret or note.

Each of the three guitarists took time for a "Here's why Axl picked me" solo that impressed the audience each time.

Robin Finck, former guitarist with Nine Inch Nails, tried his best to fill the shoes of Slash with impressive solos and menacing presence.

Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal offered the crowd a more fusion-based solo, while Richard Fortus also had some time for a solo, as did pianist Dizzy Reed.

Trying to be a true showman, Rose ran back and forth on the stage, found time for some simple wardrobe changes of shirts and kept the energy level high.

The only surprise may have been the sight of five monitors on stage with song lyrics scrolling on them.

Ocassional fireworks kept the volume high as well.

"November Rain" welcomed a shower of sparks during the finale.

Toward the end of the two-and-a-half-hour set, Sebastian Bach came out for "My Michelle."

After "Nighttrain," the band left the stage, Axl said, "Thank you," and the exhausted crowd awaited an encore as the clock rolled toward 2 a.m.

As Guns N Roses hit the stage, "Chinese Democracy" - the title track for the long-awaited new GnR album - was the first they heard.

Again, it was another not-so-catchy-but-solid-rock tune.

The finale of the night was "Paradise City." The crowd sang along as Axl made sure to hit all sides of the stage.

As the song wound down, large cannons of confetti shot into the air and fireworks shot out from behind the stage. Rose then threw his red microphone into the crowd.

As the sound subsided, a truly humble Axl Rose stood in front of the stage and simply said, "Thank you so much for coming out tonight."

The band then did a curtain call for a bow together before walking off.

Fans have been waiting for 10 years for a new album from the band - ever since rumors of studio work began in 1997.

Thursday night's concert was a nice treat for fans who have waited a long time.

It was a greatest hits show with a look at the future. The future looks bright - if the album can finally hit shelves.

Papa Roach Setlist
Antisocial
Not Listening
Loves Me Not
Time is Running Out
To Be Loved
Getting Away with Murder
Alive and Out of Control
Scars
Blood Brothers
Crash
Broken Home
Between Angels and Insects
Last Resort

Guns N Roses Setlist
Welcome To The Jungle
So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Live & Let Die
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Better
Robin Finck solo
Sweet Child O? Mine
You Could Be Mine
Dizzy Reed Piano Jam
The Blues
Band Introduction
Richard Fortus solo/(?Beautiful? w/ Finck)
Out Ta Get Me
IRS
Piano Jam into November Rain
Bumblefoot solo (?Don?t Cry?)
Rocket Queen
Madagascar
My Michelle (w/ Sebastian Bach)
You're Crazy
Patience
Nightrain
Chinese Democracy (encore)
Paradise City (encore)
daubs
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2006, 01:18:09 AM »

sorry, was down on the farm played?
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #135 on: November 04, 2006, 01:19:20 AM »

sorry, was down on the farm played?

No. This is about yesterday's concert. Not tonight's.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: