Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:56:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 20 - Santiago, Chile @ Arena Movistar [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 20 - Santiago, Chile @ Arena Movistar [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]  (Read 40629 times)
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2010, 10:09:22 AM »

Great Vid thanks!!!
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »

bumblefoot    Good times in Santiago! Hangin' with GNR fans outside the hotel http://www.twitpic.com/19z9vh before hittin' the venue. http://www.twitpic.com/19za2f Was there early, double-checkin' the gear, (throwing ya's some guitar picks while I checked, lol) and making sure all was good. All the shows are important to me, this one had something more - y'all have been through a lot lately. I hope we were able to bring you happiness, peace, help heal your hearts a bit. God bless ya's, and thank you Smiley Ron
about 5 hours ago via Twitlonger

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2010, 11:35:05 AM »

What a pro Ron is. Love how he interacts with the fans before/after shows. South America has a lot of young GNR fans to. Ron..the regular updates are always appreciated.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »

My camera sucks, now I know better  Tongue, anyway, here are some pics.

Ok, here's when I left my friend alone and jamped, pushed till I got the closest I could to the stage.....I said "Goodbye take pics"....lol.He was so afraid cuz everyone went nut when Baz came out. but I was so determined to get there.

that's the closest I could get.

My friend might have thought of me when he took this pic `cuz I'm sure he's not gay  hihi

At this time I was suffocated so I had to leave, went to drink water and breath for a while

The show started and did the same as before...move move push push! lol

got here, I was drooling, Axl is in good shape.

ok during KOHD I had to breath so I got back with my friend. I was all wet lol

me and my friends, ironically the long haired one is named AXEL ..lol

He was asked for some pics during the line...girls mostly ...lol

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 12:51:17 PM by warrocks » Logged

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2010, 01:17:40 PM »

Great pics, warrock, you had a great, GREAT view!

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »

Thanks Miss F.

love

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »

Cool, thanks for the pics! Smiley

fulanoski
Opening Act

« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »

concert review from rockaxis (very positive!!):
http://www.rockaxis.cl/live_reviewxs_ver.php?cPath=231_241&products_id=6334

PD: Is in spanish
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #128 on: March 21, 2010, 03:33:58 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1ZedieDYnI - Jungle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsd-AA1Xsns -  Paradise City

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #129 on: March 21, 2010, 03:39:41 PM »

concert review from rockaxis (very positive!!):
http://www.rockaxis.cl/live_reviewxs_ver.php?cPath=231_241&products_id=6334

PD: Is in spanish

And now in English (the Guns bit)

For those things that sometimes have unintended destination, this time I had to be on the other side of the coin and not watch the concert from the public side, but on stage from the side of the band. Thanks to a friendship with Sebastian Bach's musicians, the band I sought their help to coordinate the logistics of the show in Santiago to have someone of "trust" in production, because everyone would be aware of Guns N 'Roses Axl or better. And Sebastian Bach for her debut in Chile was very important, therefore, I wanted it perfect.

On 2 December 1992, the national press reported stunned as the leader of a group of Chascona, alcoholics and drug addicts clad rock star, arrived at the airport beating and insulting the photographers, then the hotel staff who dared to traverse. Each office was aware that abuses, excessive consumption of alcohol, drugs and eccentricities reflected the aggressive personality and pride of the world's most dangerous band, a temperament that Chileans were not used then.

There were many comments which became part of urban mythology and notes published in the print media became unforgettable memories, trimmed and matted in the notebooks of the fans. However, the concrete was, on balance, more than 60 thousand people in the National and the three hour delay of the concert, the death of a girl of 15 years, continued threats of Axl to stop the show if the audience threw another "cursed" bottle and, above all, a powerful rock show definitely marked a whole generation that was not familiar with the mega concerts.

Almost 18 years have passed since then and the band is not the same, but neither are his followers, much less our country. For this reason the expectations and feelings of the public pointed to different sides. First, the test live and live performance on stage of this new alignment, if you would be able to recreate something of the mystique of the group that we loved in the nineties, and there is the morbid fascination of knowing what condition it is actually its 48 years, this incarnation of rock and roll star par excellence, named Axl Rose. And if we add that two days earlier in Uruguay's followers had to endure more than four hours late, the outlook was not promising anything.

After the performances of national Kilterry and Sebastian Bach, many of the uncertainties of this pre began to elucidate, when time passed and Guns N Roses was not on scene. They were endless two hours since the former Skid Row singer sing his last song, to confirm that Axl has not changed at all his way of being, a lack of respect to the 15,000 attendees at Arena Santiago were willing to endure as long as have a dose of rock through which they had paid. That was how at 00:25, after the curtain feature of the tour, began to play the chords of 'Chinese Democracy' and immediately all the conjectures and apprehensions began to break apart chords and rhythm of rock aura, street and insolent to the fans who dreamed of returning to feel live for long.

They only had the charismatic and close DJ Ashba Guitarreo start playing those that are part of auditory memory and Axl shouted: "You know where you are ..." so that the compound shiver and they'll fall at the feet of the band 'Welcome to the Jungle', the exercise of closing my eyes and feel the music made his hair stand on end. Maintaining the same energy, it whetted the appetite of destruction 'It's So Easy' and 'Mr. Brownstone ', who continued to wage a war if a hearing that took pains to sing as loud as possible.

The first test to excite people and make them forget the hard time of waiting, I was overcome and it was time to begin to clarify one of the biggest mysteries surrounding the group, the singer's vocal quality. It's like 'Sorry' stripped Axl's voice, showing it as strong and powerful as your lifestyle allows. We can say that maintains its characteristics very similar to 1992 when he first visited our country, but, undoubtedly, far removed from what he was capable of doing in the early period at 87-88.

A somewhat discordant version of 'Better', led to the introduction of guitarist Richard Fortus who wore a spectacular playing alone, demonstrating that the basis of strings with regard to the group is technically excellent. Then came 'Live and Let Die' and 'If The World' with another guitar-quality shows, but this time with chords that has the Spanish type theme.

The fireworks and a scenery full of lights, colors and visual effects on screen, according to each one of the songs were pretty good resources used during the show. That worked very well in the parade of women who appeared in 'Rocket Queen', which was a real flashback to the years of "Appetite for Destruction", the best group stage, and it was the turn of Tommy Stinson's bass perhaps the member with less stage presence, take center stage showing that the current lineup consists of musicians complete an outstanding level.

With very high adrenaline and wanting to continue listening to the great successes of the band came time to greet an old acquaintance in the audience made him feel all your love and remembrance, keyboardist Dizzy Reed, who put a small pause in decibels with a performance on piano was the prelude to 'Street of Dreams', one of the best songs from "Chinese Democracy", I hear people very excited, perhaps anticipating what was coming.

One of the highest moments of the recital he got a spectacular streak of success: 'You Could Be Mine', 'Sweet Child O' Mine ', after an incredible solo introduction Dj Ashba, who apoC acquired a high profile; 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door ', where for some reason Axl was a little upset with his teammates and' November Rain ', which was a barrage of performance quality in all instruments and where he lived something that attracted much attention The fact that each of the guitarists Fortus, Bumblefoot Ashba and it would take turns each of the riffs. It was in the final period it was found that this alignment, at least in the interpretation, is simply remarkable, perhaps in many ways far superior to the classic line.

After 'Nightrain', came a short break came the encore and closing concert at this point already had all more than satisfied with 'Madagascar', 'Shackler's Revenge', 'Patience' and the apocalyptic farewell ' Paradise City 'where they made a show of fireworks and red papers flying all over the crazed campus, who thanked a show unforgettable ending almost three in the morning.

Axl Rose did it again. I doubt that anyone has been unhappy with the presentation despite the shortage of subjects for "Use Your Illusion", such as 'Do not Cry' and 'Civil War', but unlike people's comments were very positive and noticed some were surprised to meet with the technical and interpretive richness of the current formation, which had no low points and proved a great success. Despite the years pass and your belly bulge, the iconic singer knows how to deliver a good show of rock and roll. He pulled out the worst of their hated personality with the tiring coldness and delay with the public, despite having thrown the microphone at the stadium and his message at the end. But most importantly, brought back something that many feared never being able to feel: the magic of one of the most important bands in history, which for many is a constant source of inspiration. Guns N 'Fucking Roses Was Here.

Review and photos Sebastian Bach: Cristian Pavez
Review Guns N 'Roses: Cristi?n Jara Bizama
Photos: Ignacio Orrego

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
warrocks
VIP

« Reply #130 on: March 21, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »

now that's a great review from a guy that knows what's he talking about, that works in the music bussiness `cuz chilean newspapers and tv sucks ass! just negativity.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 04:55:36 PM by warrocks » Logged

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #131 on: March 21, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »

ROCKAXIS BEFORE HATE AXL & GN'R.

NOW... IS GN'R

rofl hihi rofl

CD IN CHILE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7ZqB6GAHSo&feature=player_embedded

beer

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

warrocks
VIP

« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2010, 06:29:26 PM »

did anybody of you guys could understand Axl when he changed the lyrics in KOHD?? he was angry at the press I think, If anyone gets the beggining of the vid, post it here, I'm sure he said something.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:35:09 PM by warrocks » Logged

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #133 on: March 21, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »

« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:04:26 PM by HBK » Logged

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #134 on: March 21, 2010, 07:38:05 PM »

Nice to see Guns N' Roses rocked the fuck out of Chile as they did in 1992  beer

Time to sit quietly, have a cigar, and contemplate this massive hater conversion into loyal GNR fans.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2010, 07:42:21 PM »

My Pic's - Chapter I:

Thanks GUNNERLAND Staff

ok beer ok
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 07:54:32 PM by HBK » Logged

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #136 on: March 21, 2010, 08:10:58 PM »

My Pic's - Chapter II:

smoking

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2010, 08:14:56 PM »

Last two axl images are cool. nice pics.

ok  smoking ok
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #138 on: March 21, 2010, 08:15:53 PM »

some pretty damn cool pics u got there HBK!
 ok smoking ok
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2010, 08:17:52 PM »

Does Tommy have a clown nose on?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: