Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:25:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tokyo Concert Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tokyo Concert Discussion  (Read 76174 times)
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #360 on: January 10, 2010, 11:30:36 AM »

This show was great, specially the long Set-list as well as band's performance, including Axl, as much as he sounded weak and out of breath sometimes during the show, Axl was pretty well in general. This is definitely the best moment of New Guns era. It has a lot to to do with DJ Asbha and how this line-up is playin' live. It seemed the band had a very serious conversation about how they performing every song, respecting official version, above all amazing Slash's guitar.

Regarding to DJ, he reminds me a lot Slash, the way he play the guitar solos, throw the cigarrette or moves through the stage, Idem Bumble, he doesn't destroy (as Finck used to..) the solos, he perform them exactly like version's albums. I appreciate that.

I'm so happy, cause it semmed the freak era of GNR is over, current line-up is recuperating the essence and magic that had the past line-up, obviously it's not gonna be as great as early years, but at least, I'm really feeling that somehow I'm listenning Guns n' Roses !!.
suntorytime
Rocker

Kiyoshiro Forever

« Reply #361 on: January 10, 2010, 11:41:40 AM »

as much as he sounded weak and out of breath sometimes during the show,

Really? as much as those who actually saw and heard him sing at there weren't noticing.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »

the "If The World" ending is outstanding!
and Axl's words there (from Diana Ross "Love Hangover") just fit perfectly and are a short musical highlight i'm missing at some CD studio songs!
fuck, now i'm gonna buy that Diana Ross album, would never have done that before!

AH! Is that the "If there's a cure for this, I don't want it" part? I was wondering what it was, I LOVE that.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2010, 03:16:09 PM »

Regarding to DJ, he reminds me a lot Slash, the way he play the guitar solos, throw the cigarrette or moves through the stage, Idem Bumble, he doesn't destroy (as Finck used to..) the solos, he perform them exactly like version's albums. I appreciate that.
They do not perform exactly like the album versions. Well, not Bumble anyway. He's playing some solos note for note, yes, but these guys are changing every song, adding licks, riffs and inventing things since the first show. Most of these changes came from Bumble, yes. Look at what they've done to KOHD. This is the most beautiful version of the song to date. Same with Jungle, those guitar slides that Bumble and Ashba are doing after the solo are really amazing - BBF with the fretless, Ashba with a metal thing in his finges. Ron does the Rocket Queen solo note for note, but he added a lick here and there and the intro with the fretless is so damn fresh and cool. So, even if these guys respect the old solos and play them close enough to the originals, they don't exactly copy what Slash and Izzy did in the past. They have their own style, their own ideas and I'm glad they share 'em with us. There's, of course, the excepcions like Nightrain, where Bumble shows what a real virtuoso can do and not make the solo sound like its coming from the outerspace. Even on that song, the first solo is closer to the original but in the end Ron does a really cool slide on the fretless. It has a rock n' roll vibe and sounds fresh to my ears. Smiley

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »

the "If The World" ending is outstanding!
and Axl's words there (from Diana Ross "Love Hangover") just fit perfectly and are a short musical highlight i'm missing at some CD studio songs!
fuck, now i'm gonna buy that Diana Ross album, would never have done that before!

AH! Is that the "If there's a cure for this, I don't want it" part? I was wondering what it was, I LOVE that.

yes, thats from Diana Ross, check a live version from her here, the words are right in the beginning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEIC423qO9k

Re-Union time, baby!!
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2010, 06:06:37 PM »

They do not perform exactly like the album versions. Well, not Bumble anyway. He's playing some solos note for note, yes, but these guys are changing every song, adding licks, riffs and inventing things since the first show. Most of these changes came from Bumble, yes. Look at what they've done to KOHD. This is the most beautiful version of the song to date. Same with Jungle, those guitar slides that Bumble and Ashba are doing after the solo are really amazing - BBF with the fretless, Ashba with a metal thing in his finges. Ron does the Rocket Queen solo note for note, but he added a lick here and there and the intro with the fretless is so damn fresh and cool. So, even if these guys respect the old solos and play them close enough to the originals, they don't exactly copy what Slash and Izzy did in the past. They have their own style, their own ideas and I'm glad they share 'em with us. There's, of course, the excepcions like Nightrain, where Bumble shows what a real virtuoso can do and not make the solo sound like its coming from the outerspace. Even on that song, the first solo is closer to the original but in the end Ron does a really cool slide on the fretless. It has a rock n' roll vibe and sounds fresh to my ears. Smiley

You're right, not exactly but most part of them.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2010, 06:08:02 PM »

What's not exactly right in my post?

Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2010, 06:15:13 PM »

I meant Bumble's performance.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

« Reply #368 on: January 10, 2010, 09:25:22 PM »

I meant Bumble's performance.
But he does improvise a looooot. He ain't doing as much as he used to do because he ins't in a solo band, but he still does a whole lot of improvisation.

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: