Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 02:51:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler's Appetite To Embark On First Full U.S. Tour
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler's Appetite To Embark On First Full U.S. Tour  (Read 78591 times)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2009, 12:19:05 AM »

Steven was at one of the GN'R after show parties in Las Vegas in 2006.

Slash wasn't.

If you're implying that Axl would allow Steven to show up and not Slash -- I'm still not clear on how that all went down.  Did Axl know in advance that Steven was going to be there?  Was he permissive about Steven's presence?

Besides, I don't see how your reply really contradicts what I said.  At the 2006 Korn party Axl attended, he was asked about Slash and responded by said he "l love the guy" (present tense) and "had wanted the world to know great he was" (that was more past tense).

So again, I think Axl wishes Slash the best even if he doesn't want to work or deal with him.  Same with Steven and Duff.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 12:21:48 AM by Bridge » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2009, 12:31:45 AM »

So again, I think Axl wishes Slash the best even if he doesn't want to work or deal with him.  Same with Steven and Duff.

But obviously he dealt with Steven since he was at the party.

I'm not saying he'll be back in GN'R, I just think the Steven situation is a bit different than the Slash one.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2009, 12:37:46 AM »

But obviously he dealt with Steven since he was at the party.

Yeah, but that was a one-time occurrence where they just happened to meet and talk for awhile.  More or less happenstance, not like they orchestrated a big, serious meeting in advance.

I'm willing to bet that if Axl and Slash ran into each other, they wouldn't walk by and completely ignore each other.  Too much history to do that.  Just like with Steven.

I'm not saying he'll be back in GN'R, I just think the Steven situation is a bit different than the Slash one.

Maybe so, but I was more or less referring to the big picture.  Overall I think Axl's feeling are the same towards both.  Wish 'em well, but not want to deal with them regularly.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2009, 12:47:33 AM »

Yeah, but that was a one-time occurrence where they just happened to meet and talk for awhile.  More or less happenstance, not like they orchestrated a big, serious meeting in advance.

I think Steven was invited to the party.

So while it wasn't anything planned months in advance, it still happened.

It wasn't them walking into each other either......

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2009, 12:57:54 AM »

Well, that's still the big question.  I was thinking that since he lives in Las Vegas, he had connections with the venue and managed to get inside for the party (or maybe someone from there invited him).  Not necessarily something that Axl necessarily planned or allowed.  I'd still like to know everything went down that night, but even Steven hasn't discussed it much.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2009, 01:43:51 AM »

Adler sucks.  He didn't contribute shit to GN'R. He didn't write anything and anyone could have played drums on Appetite.  The record company tried to get rid of him before Appetite cause he sucked.  He needs to concentrate on being sober not on touring. 

Ridiculous post of the year

U obviously have no idea how big of a role drums play in the sound of a band. The Appetite sound hasn't been duplicated since and Steven is a big part of that.

His drumming has hooks, and his parts just give GNR a groove they haven't had since.

Agree...Steven has something that I cant get from just some other drummer....I like Brain a lot, they have different styles, but if I have to choose I'll go for Adler, thats my opinion. peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2009, 01:54:12 AM »

People on GNR forums have always seemed to be anti Adler

they treat the guy like he has no clue how to play drums.

I get pissed when people forget that adler wrote and played drums on one of the greatest rock CD's ever made.

none of the other people that are mentioned can hold a candle to that resume. I dont give a shit about Josh Freese and how "technical" he can play

Fuck that.

Steven has a way of making u feel his drums and what he is playing.

once again, I don't care if u can double bass at 160bpm and play 22 tom rolls in 5 seconds

Steven's drumming has been overshadowed by his problems. 

Just give the man some credit.

For anyone to come on here and act like someone is "Crazy, or stupid" for saying Adler is the greatest GNR drummer ever, for me that is an insult to the guy and just ridiculous.

Hammer fisted douche Sorum can't come close and the new guys are great players, but no drum parts come close to Adler's on Appetite.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2009, 03:11:03 AM »

Long Island, NY date announced. Friday The 13th of March.
http://www.clubloaded.com/images/PASSES/AdlersAppetite.jpg

They're doing full AFD.
I think it would be cool if they did Reckless, Shadow, and Move To The City too, since those are all Guns songs he played on the recordings for.
Same goes for Civil War (which he did on previous tours).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 03:13:03 AM by Jay Tea » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2009, 09:37:34 AM »

I just don't see how the drums on CD are bland.

On the opening track, you have a killer punk rock-style drum beat, on Shackler's the drum beat changes at least a dozen times, as does the structure of the song, on Better you have some really nice and tight percussion work (really see Brain's love for Stewart Copeland on this one). The drums on Street of Dreams don't stick out to me quite as much as the other songs, but I still enjoy them, especially during Robin's solo and the outro of the song.  On If The World, you have a killer reggae beat that really adds to the 60's/70's vibe of the song and makes you feel that you're at some Jazz club watching Barry White, or laying on a beach when Bucket's solo hits.

Then you've also go the all-out craziness of the TWAT drum parts that sound like something out of a Tool album, Catcher' has some awesome drum work that really solidifies the 60's/Beatles-esque vibe of the song, really dig the drums on Scraped, they flow with the killer riff of the song quite nicely, especially during Bucket's solo.

I can't remember if it's just Brain on Riad', but whoever it is, the drum work is top knotch stuff, imagine it's quite a work out playing that one. On Sorry, the drums are more stripped down but they're pretty damn cool just the same, especially during the outro, I.R.S. has some of the best drum fills on the album, they really add to the overall sense of urgency to song.

Not too much drum work on Madagascar or This I Love, but what there is works very well with the song, and finally, the drums on Prostitute are just incredible, especially when they kick in at the "Why would they tell me to please them.." part. During the verses too though, they flow perfectly with Axl's heart-felt verses and help to make the song the gem it is.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2009, 01:57:58 PM »

well AMM, I'm not saying it is bad, but people just have this thing, where everyone is IMMEDIATELY better than Adler.

Its like no matter who it is or what they play, people just automatically say that without really even thinking about it.

Its like, just because this guy is in GNR, he immediately is the greatest at whatever instrument he plays in the world.

I simply don't agree. Brain and Frank are great drummers but to act like they are the NY Yankees and Adler is some high school team is just not fair and not true.

I don't look at Steven now, or what he has done the last 20 years, I don't let that cloud what he did on Appetite.

no body on here can honestly listen to that album and tel me the drumming isnt off the charts and great.

with CD, when I listen to it, I just don't really notice the drumming, there are some nice kick drum parts etc, but u can't point to one song and say "WOW" the drums really carry that, or WOW the drums are an awesome part in that song.

The drums on CD do what most drums do, they keep the beat and provide a foundation.

U listen to the breakdown  part on WTTJ with Adler on the bongos or whatever the hell he is playing, PC is all drums, Rocket Queen is all drums, Mr Brownstone....  those drums are just some of the best.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »

Well, that's still the big question.  I was thinking that since he lives in Las Vegas, he had connections with the venue and managed to get inside for the party (or maybe someone from there invited him).  Not necessarily something that Axl necessarily planned or allowed.  I'd still like to know everything went down that night, but even Steven hasn't discussed it much.

Nice conspiracy theory.

I don't think a former band member would get invited to a Guns N' Roses after show party in Las Vegas without anybody knowing about it.

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2009, 03:02:50 PM »

I think axl was reaching out to him being nice and Steven took it the wrong way. I remember on the online chats how Axl said he wishes the best for Steven but Steven thinks he holds the keys to his happiness or whatever..... etc etc I can't remember the entire thing right off, but basically Axl hanging with Steven only raises adler's hopes and that isn't a good/healthy thing.

It is great Axl reaches out to some of the old members. I would love down the road for them to at least be able to be cordial and friendly. They don't have to reunite but it would be cool to accept a hall of fame award together seeing as that would just be an honor from the past and it can be kept entirely separate from the present.

Bridge
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2009, 04:22:43 PM »

Nice conspiracy theory.

I don't think a former band member would get invited to a Guns N' Roses after show party in Las Vegas without anybody knowing about it.

Conspiracy theory?   rofl

Is it that difficult to believe that Steven simply knew someone at the venue since he lives in Las Vegas?  It certainly isn't hard for me to believe that Axl didn't invite him.  But we don't know for sure what happened since neither Axl nor Steven has said much about it.

I think axl was reaching out to him being nice and Steven took it the wrong way.

How did Steven take it the wrong way?  In what way did he take it?

I remember on the online chats how Axl said he wishes the best for Steven but Steven thinks he holds the keys to his happiness or whatever..... etc etc I can't remember the entire thing right off, but basically Axl hanging with Steven only raises adler's hopes and that isn't a good/healthy thing.

I think what Axl meant was that because Steven's biggest wish is for a GNR reunion, Axl feels Steven is placing too many eggs in his basket.  Steven himself said on the GNR A&E biography that he wants a reunion but "will leave that up to Axl".  So I agree, Steven is placing too much emphasis on Axl's decisions in terms of his happiness.  And I do think that if Axl regularly associated with Steven, Steven's hopes would be raised a bit too high.  But I don't think Steven necessarily misinterpreted things just from meeting with Axl once.  Steven only said "we cleared a lot of shit up" when he spoke about their meeting, and that was all.
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2009, 12:50:07 PM »

where can i hear the original material?

As was said, Adler's myspace has 5-6 original songs you can listen to in their entirety.  Some are pretty good, I really like "Cindy".  They also released an EP on CD in 2005 but I don't know if that's still available.

I think Cindy was by Vain when Adler was playing with them
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2009, 09:23:43 AM »

D, are you deaf? Or just musically ignorant? What has gotten into you man? Is this all brainfarts just to boost you postnumbers, totally lacking ANYTHING sensible to say?

I agree about Steven being pretty fuckin superior on AFD, but how can you state that the drumming is "pretty bland on CD and there is absolute NO memorable beats"?

In my eys you start looking more and more like a fool. Not saying you are one, just saying, wondering...

There are plenty of musicians here, which you're obviouselly not, and I swear they can vouch for what I'm saying concerning your hearing.

And yeah, there's basically no bass either.  Huh

How about the total lack of vocals?  Grin
 no

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2009, 05:55:36 PM »

ADLER'S APPETITE: More Tour Dates Announced - Feb. 3, 2009

ADLER'S APPETITE, the band led by former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler, will embark on a full U.S. tour first time ever this winter/spring. The group will perform the iconic GN'R album "Appetite For Destruction" in its entirety along with other classics and some surprises.

ADLER'S APPETITE's current lineup is rounded out by singer Sheldon Tarsha, Alex Grossi (HOOKERS 'N' BLOW, ex-QUIET RIOT) on guitar, Michael Thomas (FASTER PUSSYCAT) on guitar, and Chip Z'nuff (ENUFF Z'NUFF) on bass.

Confirmed dates so far:

Feb. 21 - Las Vegas, NV - Hard Rock Hotel
Feb. 27 - Yucaipa, CA - Angels Roadhouse
Feb. 28 - Redondo Beach, CA - Brixton
Mar. 01 - San Marcos, CA - Jumping Turtle
Mar. 04 - Waterloo, IA - Reverb
Mar. 05 - Milwaukee, WI - Turner Hall
Mar. 06 - Springfield, IL - Club Chrome
Mar. 07 - Greenville, WI - Route 15
Mar. 08 - Bolingbrook, IL - Tailgaters
Mar. 12 - Harrisburg, PA - Gulliftys Underground
Mar. 13 - Farmingdale, NY - Crazy Donkey
Mar. 14 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Mar. 20 - El Paso, TX - Take 2

ADLER'S APPETITE played a one-off show at the Key Club in Hollywood, California on January 17. Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be viewed below (clip uploaded by "rockiss").

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=113674

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »

D, are you deaf? Or just musically ignorant? What has gotten into you man? Is this all brainfarts just to boost you postnumbers, totally lacking ANYTHING sensible to say?

I agree about Steven being pretty fuckin superior on AFD, but how can you state that the drumming is "pretty bland on CD and there is absolute NO memorable beats"?

In my eys you start looking more and more like a fool. Not saying you are one, just saying, wondering...

There are plenty of musicians here, which you're obviouselly not, and I swear they can vouch for what I'm saying concerning your hearing.

And yeah, there's basically no bass either.  Huh

How about the total lack of vocals?  Grin
 no

as I sent u in a PM, U can act like your opinion is superior to someone elses all u want, but to insult me is just really moronic and ridiculous.

Like I said to anybody on here that wants to try and talk shit

U post an original song where u play every instrument and write every note and lyric

I will do the same and I guarantee u will take back any insult u want to sling my way.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2009, 06:56:15 PM »

He's going back to rehab.

With a tour starting in two weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if it's postponed.

/jarmo

Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »

again to rehab?!?!  no   Steven needs Jesus. yes
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »

again to rehab?!?!  no   Steven needs Jesus. yes

For what Huh To day his landscaping , lawn mowing.Huh