Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:28:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FAKE: There might already be an alternative CD cover out there....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: FAKE: There might already be an alternative CD cover out there....  (Read 14705 times)
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 07:36:22 AM »

One member of another forum claims to have this album and claims that there are different photo's etc in the booklet.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 09:01:23 AM »

I was wondering why the guitar tab book was on amazon and the alternative cover versions weren't if they were both supposedly coming out?  Well, that takes care of that.  No date for the alt. versions though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 09:14:55 AM »

Originally, Best Buy had 3 covers listed.  They were removed (and people who pre-ordered were compensated)

From what Axl has said, the booklet that came with the CD originally was not approved and was a draft copy.  It was rushed out the door.  I think the other 3 covers are now coming out! Grin  Course, I had the money THEN and don't have it NOW, dammit!

As for why.....if this album isn't a collectors item in the making, I don't know WHAT is.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »

On Amazon.com usa it says will ship in 1-3 weeks for each of the alternate covers. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »

On Amazon.com usa it says will ship in 1-3 weeks for each of the alternate covers. 
Yeah but it doesn't give a release date.  I'm not sure I'd make too much of that.  Although feel free to order it and see what happens and let me know.  But amazon has posted Chinese Democracy many times in the past that never came to frution, right?  I think these will come out, that's the way I'm leaning.  But until we get a firm date I wouldn't get too excited.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009, 11:31:25 AM »

I ordered it and it says it is expected to arrive July 2.  If that is the case a June 30th release date along with the guitar tab books seems reasonable.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 11:33:26 AM »

Fan: Yeah the internets going slow because so many users are online

Axl was their ever a cover B and cover C for chinese democracy?

Axl: Yes there are. There are 2 more covers/bk cover combos and the real booklet that is all artwork that will be out shortly in some form. It's been an ugly battle that hasn't made any sense to anyone and whether anyone cares about such things the booklet or artwork has always been something I've been passionate about and to release the album with unapproved and unseen final artwork with a !st work only error filled draft when others more recent were readily available still has not been explained but is finally getting cleared up. My fave is the How Are You Grenade cover.

Just in case anyone hasnt seen this already, its from the Axl chats. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 11:50:52 AM »

It does make sense since back in october 3 covers were originally being marketed. some new artwork can be seen online on various websites..looks very cool........
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2009, 12:12:13 PM »

I ordered it and it says it is expected to arrive July 2.  If that is the case a June 30th release date along with the guitar tab books seems reasonable.
Nice, hope you/we all get it by then.  Mostly, I hope if it is available by then it gets a more significant push than the original release got.  Fingers crossed.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2009, 04:02:45 PM »

So you think some where, somebody in the GNR camp is going "god damn it"?

Somebody who would love to get excited with us and tell us all about it but can't because of some contract out there that says someone else gets to put this out there first?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2009, 04:10:11 PM »

So you think some where, somebody in the GNR camp is going "god damn it"?

Somebody who would love to get excited with us and tell us all about it but can't because of some contract out there that says someone else gets to put this out there first?

Only way I'm buying the album again (5th copy) is if there's a corrected vinyl coming out.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2009, 06:13:22 PM »

It is unfortunate that everyone wants to be 'the spoiler'.  Does it give you bragging rights, to be the first to undercut what may or may not be the bands plans?  Does anyone consider the damage it may do to leak songs, artwork, etc - perhaps even cause plans to change?  I hope this is fake...
 no

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
cineater
Legend

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2009, 06:52:26 PM »

Someone told me it does fuck stuff up and underminds what the band is planning and things have been changed because of leaks.  They didn't explain and I didn't ask.

Reminder it was the FBI that went after that one guy and not the band.  They've joined in the discussion of why it's wrong but I don't recall the band ever going after anybody.  Not to say that couldn't change but I admire their patience with us.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2009, 07:25:50 PM »

Just so you're aware, Neemo over at www.gnrevolution.com e-mailed Amazon Canada (not sure if the US would have a leg up on Canada, the UK, etc.) to ask them about the items and this is how they responded.

i have a question regarding 2 items on for sale on your site

Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy (Cover B) (Bb) [Import]
Guns N Roses - Chinese Democracy (Cover C) (Bb) [Import]

do you know when these will be coming out? and what does "Bb" stand for?

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.ca. I understand that you wish to know the meaning of Bb for the items. I've tried researching all possible resources available to me and was unable to find the answer to your question. Our information is limited to what the publishers and manufacturers supply to us; this information appears on our website. Our editorial staff is working to improve the information we provide about each item. Also I have checked our website and found that these items are listed on our web site as "Currently unavailable."  At this time, we don't know when or if we will have copies of this item available for purchase. Therefore, we are not accepting any orders. If we learn that the item is available again, we will update its page on our web site.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2009, 07:30:12 PM »

Bb = Best Buy, I bet.

I think this is a big misunderstood from Amazon. They still have the old index database of Best Buy from November with the shelved covers.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2009, 07:37:09 PM »

Bb = Best Buy, I bet.

If I remember correctly, the Aa and Bb and Cc were the codes used for the vinyl versions of the (then) three covers.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2009, 07:40:20 PM »

Bb = Best Buy, I bet.

I think this is a big misunderstood from Amazon. They still have the old index database of Best Buy from November with the shelved covers.
I agree with you my dear friend Bruno!

But it?d be awesome if GnR released 2 new covers!
Of course I?d buy all of them.

Maybe one "Ultra Collector?s Edition" with a DVD full of backstage videos from GnR '06/7 tour and some videos from the concerts too.
 Grin
Dream on!  Grin

"...Don?t you try to stop us now..."

Axl, you?re the best!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2009, 07:51:44 PM »

Bb = Best Buy, I bet.

If I remember correctly, the Aa and Bb and Cc were the codes used for the vinyl versions of the (then) three covers.
Actually Bb is listed for all 3 covers, on Amazon at least.  But, if those 2 alternates actually exist is what's up for debate.  But the original ONE that is out available at Best Buy right now IS listed as Bb on Amazon so I'm assuming that does stand for Best Buy.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »

Bb = Best Buy, I bet.

Actually Bb is listed for all 3 covers, on Amazon at least.  But, if those 2 alternates actually exist is what's up for debate.  But the original ONE that is out available at Best Buy right now IS listed as Bb on Amazon so I'm assuming that does stand for Best Buy.

You're right.  I stand corrected.

I checked my original order confirmation from Bestbuy that (at the time) was for all six versions (three cd versions with matching three vinyl versions).  They do read COVER A (Bb), COVER A (Bb) VINYL, COVER B (Bb), COVER B (Bb) VINYL, COVER C (Bb), COVER C (Bb) VINYL.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2009, 02:25:33 AM »

if those have the proper booklet without all those errors it would be nice.
but re-releasing albums only with different covers is not something i'd consider from big value for peoples' motivation of re-buying it. thats not the only target off course. but some bonus (special tracks, demo-, live-songs, dvds etc.) would be more understandable.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: