Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:09:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD Album Cover by Craig Howell?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Album Cover by Craig Howell?  (Read 22466 times)
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2006, 03:12:59 PM »

I wish they would just dump the chinese shit already. Something unique please.

Yeah, I'm sick of it myself. It's played itself out.

also, the track Chinese Democracy has become one of the (if not the) weakest tracks of all the new tracks. I don't think they even perform that song any more. If the tracks remains on CD then let's hope the studio mix has been re-worked some.

Chinese Democracy - the song - might not even be on the album. It probably won't be.

The title represents too much now for it to be tossed aside. The very tie between this album's recording progress and the idea of a Chinese democracy is important.

how can they call it CD and not have CD on there. Not unless they call it something else.

Yeah, you're right.

I love that song Appetite for Destruction man. Best off of AFD.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2006, 03:14:44 PM »

the poster does little for me. They should loose the buckethead font style.
the male looking creature with the tail has no balls and looks almost female? peace
also, the whole over orange/brown look does not work for me.
i'm not getting it, why the statues with tattoos?
it looks rushed, un thought though, and comes across as mish mashed?together peace
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:19:46 PM by codenameninja » Logged
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2006, 03:16:28 PM »

also, the track Chinese Democracy has become one of the (if not the) weakest tracks of all the new tracks. I don't think they even perform that song any more. If the tracks remains on CD then let's hope the studio mix has been re-worked some.

Chinese Democracy - the song - might not even be on the album. It probably won't be.

The title represents too much now for it to be tossed aside. The very tie between this album's recording progress and the idea of a Chinese democracy is important.

how can they call it CD and not have CD on there. Not unless they call it something else.

the song "Houses of The Holy" was not on the Led Zeppelin album of the same name, but on a later one
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2006, 03:22:07 PM »

^ The most Axl-looking Axl picture from the 2002 tour.

I think that should be inside the CD pamphlet.

Why didn't he dress more like that in '02? Which concert was that?

He may look like Jack Sparrow a bit but it's cool.

Cool pic never saw that one before.

It's one of my favorites. Check my avatar.  ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2006, 03:25:28 PM »

the song "Houses of The Holy" was not on the Led Zeppelin album of the same name, but on a later one

I'm sure we can put together thousands of examples.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2006, 03:27:24 PM »

Chinese Democracy would make a good single as a straight-ahead rocker, but I wouldn't complain if it was left off the album. IRS is better.
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2006, 03:34:28 PM »

If they dump the Chinese theme then I will lose a lot of interest in this album.

It represents something at this point.

dude, wtf are you talking about, you've been here for less than a month

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2006, 03:34:43 PM »

Ditto for Queen "Sheer Heart Attack", and AC/DC "If You Want Blood" though the AC/DC album was live.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2006, 03:35:58 PM »

Yeah, you're right.

I love that song Appetite for Destruction man. Best off of AFD.

the difference is, we all know a track called Chinese Democracy exists, and it's average compared to the other material ?Wink

Gn'R should write a song called AFD. The song could chart the rise of Axl+Co. as he works his way though musician after musician on a path of *band mate destruction* while on a quest for the ultimate, while riding the back of the beast that is known only as G-n-R... .. ?. ?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:37:42 PM by codenameninja » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2006, 03:36:12 PM »

^ The most Axl-looking Axl picture from the 2002 tour.

I think that should be inside the CD pamphlet.

Why didn't he dress more like that in '02? Which concert was that?

He may look like Jack Sparrow a bit but it's cool.

Cool pic never saw that one before.

It's one of my favorites. Check my avatar.  ok

somehow this pic means a lot to me (new)gnr-wise. i can`t exactely tell what it is, but i think it represents a lot (musical direction/new era-axl...)    and it looks cool like hell!!

they played chinese democracy on the last tour by the way....   i think some band members said it was their favourite song to play live ok  it WILL be on the album. i take bets....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2006, 03:37:05 PM »

If they dump the Chinese theme then I will lose a lot of interest in this album.

It represents something at this point.

dude, wtf are you talking about, you've been here for less than a month

Dude, get a clue.

1) I've been here for two years
2) How long someone has been on a forum does not bear any proportion to how big of a fan they are (there are plenty of GN'R fans who don't even use forums)
3) You don't even understand what I mean by "it represents something at this point" if you think I mean within the constraints of this forum
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2006, 03:40:29 PM »

(back on topic)

here's an idea for a cover:

.a dragon, a mean looking dragon wearing a bandana. On the back of the dragon sit's all the members of Gn'R. It's a happy looking cover, like something from a fairground at night with all the light's n'stuff. That could work  ok
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2006, 03:42:36 PM »

(back on topic)

.a dragon, a mean looking dragon wearing a bandana. On the back of the dragon sit's all the members of Gn'R. It's a happy looking cover, like something from a fairground at night with all the light's n'stuff. That could work? ok

1. that's a lot of bodies on top of that poor dragon.

2. I'm not sure a "circus" atmosphere would be a wise way to go here...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2006, 03:44:26 PM »

Ditto for Queen "Sheer Heart Attack", and AC/DC "If You Want Blood" though the AC/DC album was live.

Another Zeppelin song, "The Song Remains The Same" is on the album Houses of the Holy while not being on the soundtrack to the movie The Song Remains The Same.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2006, 03:44:49 PM »

(back on topic)

.a dragon, a mean looking dragon wearing a bandana. On the back of the dragon sit's all the members of Gn'R. It's a happy looking cover, like something from a fairground at night with all the light's n'stuff. That could work? ok

what's wrong with a circus atmosphere.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2006, 03:46:17 PM »

(back on topic)

what's wrong with a circus atmosphere.

Ah, just with all the talk of this whole thing being a joke and that the band is a circus.

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2006, 03:46:53 PM »

So what would the chinese democracy tour stand for - ?that everything people thinks gonna happen is supressed and only whats let out is to keep the public interested. Nah!!!!

As if....

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2006, 03:48:30 PM »

So what would the chinese democracy tour stand for -

The 2002 Chinese Democracy World Tour.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »

(back on topic)

.a dragon, a mean looking dragon wearing a bandana. On the back of the dragon sit's all the members of Gn'R. It's a happy looking cover, like something from a fairground at night with all the light's n'stuff. That could work  ok

are you serious?    they could use something like this as the cover for one of the following records as a joke ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2006, 03:52:09 PM »

(back on topic)

are you serious?? ? they could use something like this as the cover for one of the following records as a joke ok

..bright trippy stuff can look good? Smiley

« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 04:14:50 PM by codenameninja » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: