Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:49:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER: NYC Show Attended By GNR Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER: NYC Show Attended By GNR Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS  (Read 18662 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2004, 10:12:15 AM »

I think the legalities have to do with having BHs parts on the album if he is no longer in the band and what BH gets for rotyalies esp since BH broke his contract with the  band

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
madagas
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2004, 10:28:55 AM »

Dave, the legalties could be the mess he is in with Slash. It may spill in to his use of the Gnr name in the future-doubtful, but possible. He also could be negotiating with Geffen about other music recorded, besides Chinese, and who owns the rights to the potential 2nd and 3rd albums. Axl will say he only owes Geffen Chinese and the rest is his and Geffen will obviously say it is all their's. I have a feeling Bucket will be back in the mix by the time all this gets straightened out. Richard sounded like the door was not closed. Axl is negotiating on 3 fronts in my opinion-Bucket, Geffen, and Slash/Duff. ps this assumes Chinese fulfills Gnr's original contract with Geffen.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 10:31:32 AM by madagas » Logged
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2004, 10:45:50 AM »

Fortus would have been the perfect rythm guitarist in the original Guns n' Roses. take Slash and put Fortus playing with him, and you have the most impressive duet of guitarist of all time on stage.

What've you been smokin'? I want some!  rofl

Fortus can hold his own on the rhythm front, and isn't a bad lead player, but the fact is...I very much doubt he's of the same calibre as Izzy on the songwriting front. To add to that, he's basically playing what Izzy used to- there's no new input there...it's Axl giving him a songsheet.

Above all, we'd have missed the songs and chord progressions that made GN'R great.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2004, 10:46:14 AM »

There are two gnrs.
the post 96 one where slash and duff left and the pre 96 one where slash and duff have a say in the music.

slash and duff dont have a say in CD but they do in everything before it from GH to AFD

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2004, 11:05:17 AM »

I don't believe this richard fortus meeting, or at least I wont until I see the picture.

Why would anyone take their new-gnr ticket stubs to a vr show?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2004, 11:05:54 AM »

Dave, the legalties could be the mess he is in with Slash. It may spill in to his use of the Gnr name in the future-doubtful, but possible. He also could be negotiating with Geffen about other music recorded, besides Chinese, and who owns the rights to the potential 2nd and 3rd albums. Axl will say he only owes Geffen Chinese and the rest is his and Geffen will obviously say it is all their's. I have a feeling Bucket will be back in the mix by the time all this gets straightened out. Richard sounded like the door was not closed. Axl is negotiating on 3 fronts in my opinion-Bucket, Geffen, and Slash/Duff. ps this assumes Chinese fulfills Gnr's original contract with Geffen.

That makes a lot of sense to me.  Axl Rose is going to have to deal with this lawsuit filed by Slash and Duff McKagan.  Axl said himself that there are still issues to be worked out with Buckethead.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if a split between Guns N' Roses and Geffen was being negotiated given the acrimony surrounding the new album not being released, and the release of the Greatest Hits record.

Ali
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2004, 11:22:49 AM »

I don't believe this richard fortus meeting, or at least I wont until I see the picture.

Why would anyone take their new-gnr ticket stubs to a vr show?

First off Sal does not lie and 2nd people keep their ticket stubs in their wallet, I know I still have my new gnr one in my wallet.

smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2004, 11:49:21 AM »

I'll also vouch for Sal's credibility.  I met the guy in Vegas at the Hard Rock shows, and he's an incredible person.  I believe at the time he was an intern on the Howard Stern show.  I know he has some connections in NYC to the music scene.  BTW he has the UYI 1 album cover tattoo on his arm, and it's the best GNR tattoo I have seen.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2004, 01:30:35 PM »

BTW he has the UYI 1 album cover tattoo on his arm, and it's the best GNR tattoo I have seen.

Well he must be telling the truth then hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2004, 04:02:13 PM »

BTW he has the UYI 1 album cover tattoo on his arm, and it's the best GNR tattoo I have seen.

Well he must be telling the truth then hihi

I'd bet his testimony would hold up in court because of that.  rofl
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2004, 04:31:11 PM »

I also  think the legalities being refferred to have more to do with BH's parts on the album and royalties. The Slash/Duff suit is something that goes towards back material usage, and while it could concievably cost Axl some money down the line, it has little to do with his current material (or non-material) and can probably be worked out strictly with the lawyers...the BH fiasco certainly does have everything to do with the new material, and I'm sure directly involves Axl. I hope they hash it out and Mr. Head comes back into the fold, but who the fuck knows. drool
Also to say this band isn't close is not neccasrily true...all the guys except Axl seem to have good relationships with on another, guesting on each others side projects and whatnot. But they aren't in control of the project itself and they know it, so they just do what they can to please their creative urges, no big deal.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
speed_stone
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2004, 12:32:50 PM »

it's pathetic how that dumb fuck scott weiland is trying to be the next axl rose now. look at the pictures from the show, it's disguisting. almost imitating him. this un-talented drug addict should have stayed in fucking rehab.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 12:33:49 PM by S-tone » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2004, 02:09:48 PM »

it's pathetic how that dumb fuck scott weiland is trying to be the next axl rose now. look at the pictures from the show, it's disguisting. almost imitating him. this un-talented drug addict should have stayed in fucking rehab.

I completely disagree with everything you said. You should download the video and watch it if you think Weiland is trying to imitate Axl!
bill213
« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2004, 02:19:30 PM »

Uhm yeah right we all know how Axl Rose invented the leather pants look and the leather hat. Hmm forget that Halford or Alice Cooper or many others were using that look before than.  You're obviously not the smartest apple on the tree as your'e not even in the same ballpark to what everyone else is talking about in this thread.  Stop being a dumbass and use your head.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 02:22:28 PM by Bildo aka Bill213 » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2004, 02:32:49 PM »

I really don't see the big deal.He lives in New York and wanted to check it ou.Maybe he was seeing what the new G&R had to compete with.

Agreed! People make something outta nuthin

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2004, 02:37:48 PM »

Stop being a dumbass and use your head.

You too!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=6

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2004, 03:46:07 PM »

haha, Whatever dude. Scott is his own guy. I don't understand why you would come here just to bash?
speed_stone
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2004, 01:35:08 PM »

because i can't stand this junkie who by the way is completely stripped of talent.
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2004, 03:49:02 PM »

because i can't stand this junkie who by the way is completely stripped of talent.

That's just such a dumb statement, although you do keep some credability for  not saying a homo junkie, as i have noticed from some others....you wouldn't belive it was 2004 would you eh?

I mean being a junkie is nothing to be proud of. But at least he has lived and experienced life you know?  To use someones illness as a damning statement about them, is just a tad shallow. Everybody knows that most rock stars dabble with intoxications and always have so why is he any different?

And you know everybody's tastes are different, so each to their own.  But i don't believe you have really listened to any of his work and not found talent there.  You don't have to like the artist to realise the talent.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: