Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 06:42:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Mr. Robin Finck...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr. Robin Finck...  (Read 3950 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: May 29, 2004, 10:17:37 AM »

got this off his site...
"03-16-04

i wrote a letter to thakshila today. she is the child i've sponsored through Childreach/Plan. (www.planusa.org) i know Plan only recently as they are the 'official charity' for the RIR festival, lisbon.

thakshila will undoubtedly receive my send to her after her 8th birthday, just two weeks away. she was born april 4, that happens to be the memorial date of MLKJr. and the close of the season for nonviolence (www.nonviolenceworks.com). she lives with her mother, father and brother in sri lanka, where she goes to school and does this and that. i received a folder full o' welcome type paragraphs, introductories, and quick facts complete with maps of thakshila's homeland, bits about her health, education, religion, family profile and so on. as well as a recent photograph. this package was very well prepared, forthright and interesting. it propelled me to take a spin about the globe. the model one. the one in my living room.

what was i to write to an 8 year old in sri lanka?
only she'll know.
i look forward to her reply.

choosing to sponsor a child is one way to participate in the circulation of abundance in your life.
i invite those who are reading this to consider sponsoring a child, sponsoring a project, or becoming otherwise involved in helping thru Plan (www.planusa.org). it's easy. it's safe. you'll aid in helping someone who needs support. and you'll probably like that. "

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

got this off his site...
"03-16-04

i wrote a letter to thakshila today. she is the child i've sponsored through Childreach/Plan. (www.planusa.org) i know Plan only recently as they are the 'official charity' for the RIR festival, lisbon.

thakshila will undoubtedly receive my send to her after her 8th birthday, just two weeks away. she was born april 4, that happens to be the memorial date of MLKJr. and the close of the season for nonviolence (www.nonviolenceworks.com). she lives with her mother, father and brother in sri lanka, where she goes to school and does this and that. i received a folder full o' welcome type paragraphs, introductories, and quick facts complete with maps of thakshila's homeland, bits about her health, education, religion, family profile and so on. as well as a recent photograph. this package was very well prepared, forthright and interesting. it propelled me to take a spin about the globe. the model one. the one in my living room.

what was i to write to an 8 year old in sri lanka?
only she'll know.
i look forward to her reply.

choosing to sponsor a child is one way to participate in the circulation of abundance in your life.
i invite those who are reading this to consider sponsoring a child, sponsoring a project, or becoming otherwise involved in helping thru Plan (www.planusa.org). it's easy. it's safe. you'll aid in helping someone who needs support. and you'll probably like that. "

Hey younggunner.................

All I am going to say is  Wink Cheesy Grin and............... Cool

(because you know what I am talking about.)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 10:53:51 AM by insupportofaxl » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 03:22:36 PM »

"the material presented on this site may not be re-presented without the consent of it's creator. you may not click and drag and save and post at your discretion.

thank you. r ob i n"
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 05:34:39 PM »

It's nice to see robin is a big hearted person.

Hey, young gunner may I ask why you posted this?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 05:35:45 PM »

oopps i didnt see that. I didnt mean to offend anyone. Just wanted to spread awareness and also show Robin in a different perspective....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 05:42:35 PM »

Just wanted to spread awareness and also show Robin in a different perspective....
I would have never thought of robin as that kind of person
« Last Edit: May 29, 2004, 05:49:20 PM by jarmo » Logged
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 06:00:16 PM »

Wow thats cool Robin sounds like such a nice guy

EEEERRRR Little boy
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 06:39:10 PM »

Thats very nice of Robin and just goes to show you shouldn't judge someone by their looks.  
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 08:00:28 PM »

I am not too suprised. From his writings on his website (to me anyway) he comes off as a very gentle person.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: