Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 08:19:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Man, I really hope the reason for the delay isn't this...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Man, I really hope the reason for the delay isn't this...  (Read 9446 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2004, 05:41:55 PM »

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOIN ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD?HuhHuh??
  Seems to me that you being here kinda makes you the fuckin joke!

:yes:Verrry often I feel the same. no
Q
Would you care to explain the "obvious"?
A
thats my opinion.
"My World"

:Pdefinely in his own world, with his own rules, with no sense of reality. Tongue                     (Just messing about with your posts)

i hope he's not trying to become the guitarist for GnR.
Amen to that.

Tomorrow is May 30 (RIR!).    peace
A couple of months have passed since?still a month left to make a few.
Maybe we'll hear the replies to 10 Qs?  
Even the longest night has break of day. For now bitch, whine and moan in the darkness cos, heaven knows, it may dawn and we?ll miss this precious time for joke tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 05:45:03 PM by ppbebe » Logged
bill213
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2004, 05:45:44 PM »

what drugs are you on?  i want some
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2004, 05:51:26 PM »

Paracetamol

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2004, 05:52:05 PM »

But he has been playing guitar now since 1990 - in 14 years he surely has to have become technically profficient and while u can't learn ability like Slash has - he surely must be a fine guitarist in his own right - Slash had been playing for less than ten years when AFD was released.....

Slash happened to be an individual who posesses stunning natural talent when it comes to the guitar...I can't see that Axl would have...

Isn't that what i said?

But in 14 years of practice (if he has been practicing) then he must be a competant guitarist in terms of ability to actually play the instrument

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2004, 06:11:07 PM »

I here the album is done with Axl just doing a couple of changes to it.

EEEERRRR Little boy
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 06:29:11 PM »

i really hope the reason isn't b/c Axl's trying to become a better guitarist. If thats the case, GnR is over with.
ARe you kidding me? How dumb can you people be? Do you really think Axl is going to become a guitarist? You people are so clueless its scary. Just because some stupid site claims Axl is taking guitar lessons doesnt mean dick. First off its old news. Secondly Axl has said he took lessons a few years ago so he can help with the process. Its in one of the interviews. Do you really think Axl fukin Rose is gonna play guitar. MAn o man....

Im sick n tired of these ideas, theories and negativity. Its complicate dbut simple. The albums are done. Just because dizzy is doing show, fortus is watching shows, tommy has an album out doesnt mean dick. It means their done and there waiting on Axl to get the details worked out. A poster in another thread mapped it out perfectly. I think it was "madagas", Axl is basically hammering out legalities and lawsuits. Th eplan has to be in place before they go on this long jaunt.

Refukinlax already. When the album comes out  it will be out. JUst wait and enjoy vr or somehtign else. Your wait will be rewarded. Axl and the band are so talented, why worry. Let Axl work out all the stuff we dont know about then it will come. The band is fine. ANd while the wait continues theres a good chance bucket will come back. Everything happens for a reason. It hasnt been meant to be to come out yet. Nothing you can do other than wait or move on. If you wait your more than likely gonna get rewarded with somethign very very special and you can brag and hold your head up high to the fuckers who have bashed this band over the years. Let everyone have their fun now. They will be on the bandwagon down the road. So fuk em. fuk everyone..peace

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Luckyme
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2004, 06:45:56 PM »

Ya know...i just read the Matt n Duff interview...and not to bash Axl, cuz i love him....adore him...worship him

but...

its so painstakingly obvious that Axl is nuts. I just hope he doesn't do something harmful to himself. Its clear he's far gone. Well, maybe not far gone, but definely in his own world, with his own rules, with no sense of reality.

I mean, its as clear as that - its Axl's fault, 100%. thats my opinion. i used to think maybe slash or duff were being dicks or whatever. nooo, this band collapsed b/c on ONE PERSON --- Axl. Over with.

"My World"

How can you possibly say it's his fault? I respect your opinion, however maybe he has bad luck or something, like Murphy's law! I don't know him, and I don't know if you do, so its hard to speculate about something if we are not involved in the situation. But if we think about it for a second, they were going to play RIR, then BH pulled out,  and God only knows what's going on behind the scenes. peace
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2004, 09:30:43 PM »

your the man younggunner
took the words right out of my mouth ok ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Hammer1
Headliner

GNR Fan

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2004, 11:41:08 AM »

younggunner I hope your right and I like the way that sounds!

I start my morning with those thoughts fresh in my mind
Thanks! ok

Cheers to the weekend! beer
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2004, 12:42:47 PM »

This thread has made me sorta realize something. While it is just an opinion and a hunch.

Has anyone else thought that maybe the other members of GN'R are out and about, doing their own recording or going to concerts is that the album is done and there waiting for either two options:

1) The albums done and are waiting for the album to be checked by whatever fuckin label their on. And release date and tour being planned?
2) Their parts are done, and the rest relys soley on Axl doing his vocal parts and waiting till he feels comfortable to release it?

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2004, 03:03:01 PM »

Lets just make this fucking simple!

There is no news.....b/c there is no news....b/c Axl's is watching Judge Judy. DONE.

The label doesn't take 2 yrs to listen to something. Axl shouldn't take 8 years to release something.

Just look at the OBVIOUS.....its obvious for a reason. Its very clear that Axl is fucking wacked out, OR...

just doesn't give a shit about his fans. Which is worse???

When Slash left, we all knew, almost month by month, what Slash was doing.,...for fuckin years! Snakepit, Blues band, appearances for other artists, different cd's blah blah blah....Thats b/c SLASH IS NORMAL. SO IS DUFF. SO IS MATT.

Normal = accomplish things in life

Not Normal = Sit home and watch Judge Judy all day.

Its very simple. Either one of two things: Axl is NOT NORMAL AND FUCKED UP or HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIS FANS.

ANd fuck that excuse about waiting for lawsuits and shit...thats BS. Releasing a cd and touring would alleviate alot of problems. Letting movie producers fucking use your # 1 songs in movies would help matters out. Man, I love Axl, but this makes ZERO SENSE. I think VR is about to take over the world, with the help of Axl's absence. People WANT AXL ROSE...so instead, they will turn to VR. Everything Axl fucking does winds up fucking him in the ass...his actions and his inactions.

I think Axl Rose is a psychotic, bi-polar disaster, who just happened to become one of the greatest frontmen of all time, which fucked him up even more.  Without GnR's success, Axl probably would be in an institution right now, or in prison.

I hate to sound harsh, but i think its true.

- Greg
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2004, 05:49:36 PM »

axl as a guitarist isnt so bad, fuck he wrote dead horse and one in a million and u know he should be pretty awesome now

he may not do solos and shit but he could be a hell of a riff writer

jon bon jovi is an excellent songwriting guitarist, sure he cant do crazy solo's and shit, but he is a great rhythm/songwriting guitarist, look at paul stanley, james hetfield

axl wrote beautiful piano music, if u can do that u can write guitar music surely

hell who knows maybe he can play the fuck out of solos

my honest opinion the cd isnt finished because i think axl has some roadblocks that may be unsettled lawsuits, maybe the record label is about to merge or split off or something like we've heard, and he wants to make sure all the proper pieces are in place b4 going forward

my main belief is he just doesnt have the material

sucks sounds scary but i just think maybe quite possibly the material isnt good enough, i mean if he has a masterpiece one of the greatest records ever i think we wouldve seen it by now

but he did say the illusions werent right and wish he wouldve spent more time on them

so i think its his baby and he aint letting it go'

if u think he wrote November Rain in the mid 80's and it took 5 or 6 years just to get that one song proper

so axl is a slow perfectionist i hope!

if axl was gonna kill himself he wouldve already did it

axl i think also is questioning whether he wants to release another record and be famous again

i think he has his millions, he has some level of freedom now, im not sure he wants to expose himself to the haters and critics and bashing

that shit hurts when people criticize and bash your work and he may not wanna subject himself to that

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2004, 06:07:45 PM »

Lets just make this fucking simple!

There is no news.....b/c there is no news....b/c Axl's is watching Judge Judy. DONE.

The label doesn't take 2 yrs to listen to something. Axl shouldn't take 8 years to release something.

Just look at the OBVIOUS.....its obvious for a reason. Its very clear that Axl is fucking wacked out, OR...

just doesn't give a shit about his fans. Which is worse???

When Slash left, we all knew, almost month by month, what Slash was doing.,...for fuckin years! Snakepit, Blues band, appearances for other artists, different cd's blah blah blah....Thats b/c SLASH IS NORMAL. SO IS DUFF. SO IS MATT.

Its very simple. Either one of two things: Axl is NOT NORMAL AND FUCKED UP or HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HIS FANS.

ANd fuck that excuse about waiting for lawsuits and shit...thats BS. Releasing a cd and touring would alleviate alot of problems. Letting movie producers fucking use your # 1 songs in movies would help matters out. Man, I love Axl, but this makes ZERO SENSE. I think VR is about to take over the world, with the help of Axl's absence. People WANT AXL ROSE...so instead, they will turn to VR. Everything Axl fucking does winds up fucking him in the ass...his actions and his inactions.

I think Axl Rose is a psychotic, bi-polar disaster, who just happened to become one of the greatest frontmen of all time, which fucked him up even more.  Without GnR's success, Axl probably would be in an institution right now, or in prison.

I hate to sound harsh, but i think its true.

AMEN TO THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!  beer

Though I think it's both, he's fucked up in the head, in his own little world, AND he doesn't give a shit about his fans. He's a fucking FLAKE! If he would just release that damned CD, EVERYONE WILL BUY IT! He is Axl Rose, people love him because he is Axl Rose, and they will buy anything he puts out, I know it, he knows it, we fucking all do. So why won't he release that fucking God damned album!?!? rant

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2004, 06:20:14 PM »

So why won't he release that fucking God damned album!?!?

You answered your own question.

It's because:

He is Axl Rose

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2004, 12:24:30 AM »

Oh, so laying low keeping your own private life but also make 3 albums that will define your legacy in many ways in the meantime is not normal?

I bet Axl has accomplished a lot more than you think. Hes lived his life...its just been private. ANd during that time he and his bad have created 3 albums...

I know he just happened to write a shitload of amazing lyrics out of the clear blue sky....and your last sentence my friend says it all. Thats the beauty of Axl fukin ROse. He is real. Your right if he wasnt blessed with a voice or the ability to write music he would prob be a bum on the street. BUt the funny thing is, he still would be the same "asshole" person everyone percieves him to be. The only difference is that he can get what he wants now whereas if your a bum you dont get it...point is he still would be the same...and that is one of many reasons why he is one of the greatest frontmen ever.

Im sick n tired of the bullshit. Axl decided to lay low all of these years. With that comes a price. He left the scene when he had his fans and the industry by the balls. Thats whats amazing. He went on his terms and he will come back on his terms. Axl has and always will do things on his terms. Thats why he is great.

He decided to lay low and as a result he has had a private life even though he is a legend. He has the best of both worlds right now. Hes famous yet no1 bothers him. When those cds are released all of that will be gone. Back comes the spotligh, back comes teh responsibilities of being a rock legend/star. And even while not saying much over all this time he still has kept a mystery around himself and his band.

Whether you liek him or not, whether you think this band is good or not...you all will buy the album, and most of all you all know deep down inside theres a chance Axl has indeed created something very special..... but you wont hear it until he says so...and that is why axl rose is so fukin great.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 12:34:07 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2004, 12:34:19 AM »

The growing  myth and mystery of Chinese Democracy will make this album amazing if/when it comes out. If the songs that we have hard are indicator, the only thing more amazing than the myth will be the record itself...in the meantime, you still have plenty of shit to listen to, including VR, HR, and Tommy's record. Live.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: