Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 05:28:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl and Interview With a Vampire
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl and Interview With a Vampire  (Read 1956 times)
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: May 30, 2004, 12:11:13 AM »

A read an interview a long time ago with Slash where he said Axl wanted to do a cover of Sympathy for the Devil for the movie Interview With a Vampire, so that's why they did it. Axl wanted it.

So my question is, does anyone know why Axl wanted to be a part of it? Did he do it simply because there was a lot of buzz around the movie and he thought it would be good publicity or does anyone know if he was a fan of the book and the series? I loved the books, it was much better than the movie, and most people either find the books boring and hate it or absolutely love them, as they're pretty dark.  

I always wondered if Axl identified with them and that's why he wanted to contribute to the film or was it simply a marketing scheme? Anyone know?

(and before any long time members yell at me, I did a search for Axl and Vampire and nothing came up about this subject!)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 01:00:02 AM »

http://www.snakepit.ws/rc.asp
From Record Collector Magazine February, 2001, by Joel McIver

You said it's been five years since you've spoken to Axl, because he never could agree about anything. Was the one specific incident that set it off?

Slash: It really started when we covered "Sympathy for the Devil" for the "Interview With a Vampire" movie. I saw the first screening with the Stone's version still on it, and I thought it was fine. Fuck, why do we need to do it? But then Axl went to see it and he loved the movie ? see, I hated it.
------------------------------

thats all the 'info' i had on it

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 08:55:03 AM »

I dont know why slash didn't want to do it. It's a great song and they covered it very well.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
page
Headliner

Worked to hard for my illusions

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 09:59:12 AM »

I think Slash was right not to want to record it. It kinda think the original is much better, GNR was normaly great at doing covers but just not this time (IMO)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 11:36:14 AM »

I always wondered if Axl identified with them and that's why he wanted to contribute to the film or was it simply a marketing scheme? Anyone know?

No, it because he's a vampire - thats why he doesn't go out during the day (why he also doesn't leave his home at night i have no idea....)

It also explains why Axl is sucking the life force out of GNR as we speak hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Annie
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2004, 12:27:44 PM »

I thought the cover was awesome, I was happily surprised when I heard Axl's voice at the end of the movie!  That was when i first discovered GNR and the Ann Rice novels. peace
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: