Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:19:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  one possibility....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: one possibility....  (Read 3450 times)
spiderman
Rocker

i can feel my spider sense....

« on: May 31, 2004, 10:02:56 AM »

i read an interview w axl once where he said that some of his material hes recorded have been very computer animated to the extent that most guns n roses fans could hate it. i think one possibility of this chinese democracy saga is that as well as chinese democracy he could be working on the follow up at the same time. this way gnr could comfortably tour without  worrying about going back to the studio. lets face it everyone knows that 1, axl is paranoid and 2, musicians cant stick with axl very long. maybe axl thought hed do as much recording as possible while he had the band with him.... it seems funny to me that axl said there should be a release date within the next few months the second buckethead quit.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 10:15:14 AM »

I think he changed his plan because he saw that nobody liked techno/indus tunes like "silkworms" and "oh my god", that this kind of songs got a terrible response and that's why he may have changed his plans not to make it be an enormous failure.
I do think he has recorded the 3 whole albums and put off all this exessive and awfull electronic effects. I hope so. a techno-indus record for a band like Guns n' Roses will be a monstruous failure. Guns n' Roses is neither Scooter (the techno german DJ), nor ministry. Guns n' Roses is Guns n' Roses with a "classic rock" identity. It's a Rock n' Roll band. That's all.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 10:17:57 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
MrBen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 10:15:39 AM »

we know  that he has more than 3 albums worth of material, he said so at the London gig 2002.
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »

we know  that he has more than 3 albums worth of material, he said so at the London gig 2002.

3 albums worth of material huh? and the crazy motherfucker wont even release a single to keep us going.
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 11:19:55 AM »

He might be a crazy motherfucker
but he knows what he`s doing!!
I believe in him,
always have,always will!!!! Wink

Fuck the press! Axl's the BEST!

www.gunsnrosesportugal.com
mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 12:21:51 PM »

I really can't understand what happened with the Axl that was saying:"This fire is burnin' and it's out of control It's not a problem you can stop It's rock n' roll." This is the Axl that I want. I'll rather die instead of hearing a techno Axl.
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 12:25:38 PM »

smokingI`m sure that`s not just about techno, it might be mixture, a fusion of different sounds!

mr_BROWNSTONE
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2004, 12:30:28 PM »

So what? I hope to be old classic rock n' roll music as it was in 1991. GN'R with mixture? I won't like this also.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2004, 12:31:23 PM »

Axl did say it was gonna be like a "melting pot" with a mixture of different sounds. But I dont have anything to worry about, from what I've already heard its gonna be more about Rock than anything else. Everytime I listen to those studio clips of Chinese Democracy, Madagascar, and The Blues I get so fuckin excited about this album, they sound so fuckin awesome. This album will be great.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 12:34:46 PM by ChineseBedouins » Logged
CryGirl
Headliner

Love's so estranged...

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2004, 12:34:32 PM »

Axl did say it was gonna be like a "melting pot" with a mixture of different sounds. But I dont have anything to worry about, from what I've already heard its gonna be more about Rock than anything else. It will be awesome.

And if you guys are here you should be supporting Axl... Tongue

outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 12:36:08 PM »

he saw that nobody liked techno/indus tunes like "silkworms" and "oh my god",
I like Oh My God.. I think its the best new song... i like it a hell of alot better than The Blues, CD, Rhiyad, (to me when he wrote these songs it sounds like he didnt really give a fuck)  Madagascar is the only other new song i really care for...

Guns n' Roses is Guns n' Roses with a "classic rock" identity. It's a Rock n' Roll band. That's all.
Its what ever Axl wants it to be... hes already said that he would have to slowly bring GnR fans along to the next steps in music or something to that effect....

to me that means something new...
spiderman
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2004, 01:11:51 PM »

axls supposedly got all this material right? hes only played a handfull of songs right? an angry techno/rock song (omg), a piano type ballad (blues), the almost grungy (cd) and the brilliant  madagascar. maybe axls played a mix of sounds live to see how the fans react before choosing his direction. im sure whatever he comes up (if he comes up... ) with will be brilliant.
MrBen
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2004, 02:19:40 PM »

Silk Worms vegas was bad

Silk worms RIR was awesome, I love the main riff, its a balls out punk riff. The song sounded somewhat incomplete but I love it.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 03:20:41 PM »

Silk Worms vegas was bad

Silk worms RIR was awesome, I love the main riff, its a balls out punk riff. The song sounded somewhat incomplete but I love it.

Were in in LV for that show?

I saw it live and IMHO it was great.

Rio was good too, although I saw that on tape only.

If he did go that direction, I'd bet he turned around realizing he would push away fans. I'd bet his stuff is more towards old good ole rock n roll.
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2004, 08:58:16 PM »

If he's gonna come out with some retarded techno computer animated crap he should drop the Guns N' Roses lable so he doesnt end up disgracing it. Stick with what the people love Axl.... ok

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2004, 12:36:03 AM »

I think he changed his plan because he saw that nobody liked techno/indus tunes like "silkworms" and "oh my god",

Not entirely true.  I remember a Rolling Stone article about HOB 1/01/01 that said that Silkworms was the best new song previewed.  And everyone I have talked to at that show said it was just "sonic mindf*ck" with all the layers.

Oh my god on the other hand was never really released as a single.  But ya, it wasn't very well received.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: