Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:24:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now  (Read 108921 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #420 on: June 17, 2015, 09:10:25 PM »

If I catch flack for being pro GNR, so be it, I dont care and won't be flip flopping on that.

Does anyone give you flack for that though?  Or is it for jumping down everyone's throat?

What's more productive, you tell me :  A conversation with different viewpoints...or an argument put forth that's answered with "hey, go fuck yourself" and insinuations you should leave?

Where does that really go?  Kind of a conversational dead end, no?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #421 on: June 17, 2015, 10:03:47 PM »

Oh I know there is more than one person here that doesnt like you nor your negative trolling and complaining.

There's people I disagree with.  And people that disagree with me, some, strenuously.  No question about it.

We still have conversations, however. 

Look at a guy like pilferk.  We never agree, on anything.  We talk all the time, with no worries.

Then...then, there's you.  Not just you and me, but you and EVERYBODY.

I'm not sure we have to call in Colombo to crack this one.  We can all read.  We all know the deal.

TheBaconman gets along just fine with Emily.  So please don't speak for everyone    She is a very good balance to the constant jarmo reaction posts that's this place used to be

It is much better these days however. 

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #422 on: June 17, 2015, 10:18:27 PM »

I think things have been good here for a while now.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #423 on: June 17, 2015, 10:45:19 PM »

I think things have been good here for a while now.

It would also be very quiet around here, as well.   If some of us didn't post every day and try and get some sorts conversations going.   So "just like Oasis, we should find a way to get along".

Hahahahahaha.  I actually hate when people use Axl/music quotes.  But I really like that one

mortismurphy
« Reply #424 on: June 18, 2015, 04:07:05 AM »

GN?R being in need of more downtime is a pretty hilarious concept.
The torrid pace of one album in 24 years must be exhausting.

This kind of assumption seems to be based on the thinking that being in a band just involves recording, interviews and shows.
But it doesn't.

/jarmo

It basically, is. If you are including mixing and mastering under 'recording' and perhaps include (filming) music videos or chuck all media work under the catch-all title, 'promotion', those are the central purposes of actually being a signed act. You are allowed gaps in the middle of course but If you are not hitting all those three, there is something usually wrong. If you have ditched the recording and promotion of an album, you have probably relinquished your creativity to become a cheese old-timer act. If you are concentrating on only recording, well The Beatles did this when they were fed up with Beatlemania. The point is, there is usually something wrong.

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

You might include business I suppose with someone like Jagger who takes a very hands on approach to the financial side of things, however most delegate this task to accountants.

For Axl, I assume you must include quite a lot of time for legal work. I'm not only thinking of lawsuits, but I think he's very much involved in taking care of the brand name 'Guns N' Roses'. Song licensing for instance.

I would assume so since the guy has sued just about everybody, or been sued himself. From former girlfriends, to band mates and a video games company of all things, Axl and litigation are forever entwined. Axl probably tried to sue himself in a fit of rage before realising it was near impossible.

Nice attempt at inventing more lies and false narratives.

"Everybody" has certainly not been sued or engaged in legalities.

Humour is not one of your finer points I see?

Au contraire, I find it hilarious when you get caught in a lie and try to pass it off as "humor".

Did you seriously think I was making a strictly indicative statement, falsified or otherwise, when I stated that Axl has been involved in litigation with all 7 billion people? Oh dear, irony relapse.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #425 on: June 18, 2015, 06:00:21 PM »

This kind of assumption seems to be based on the thinking that being in a band just involves recording, interviews and shows.
But it doesn't.

/jarmo

It basically, is. If you are including mixing and mastering under 'recording' and perhaps include (filming) music videos or chuck all media work under the catch-all title, 'promotion', those are the central purposes of actually being a signed act. You are allowed gaps in the middle of course but If you are not hitting all those three, there is something usually wrong. If you have ditched the recording and promotion of an album, you have probably relinquished your creativity to become a cheese old-timer act. If you are concentrating on only recording, well The Beatles did this when they were fed up with Beatlemania. The point is, there is usually something wrong.

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

You might include business I suppose with someone like Jagger who takes a very hands on approach to the financial side of things, however most delegate this task to accountants.

For Axl, I assume you must include quite a lot of time for legal work. I'm not only thinking of lawsuits, but I think he's very much involved in taking care of the brand name 'Guns N' Roses'. Song licensing for instance.

I would assume so since the guy has sued just about everybody, or been sued himself. From former girlfriends, to band mates and a video games company of all things, Axl and litigation are forever entwined. Axl probably tried to sue himself in a fit of rage before realising it was near impossible.

Au contraire, I find it hilarious when you get caught in a lie and try to pass it off as "humor".

Did you seriously think I was making a strictly indicative statement, falsified or otherwise, when I stated that Axl has been involved in litigation with all 7 billion people? Oh dear, irony relapse.

What I seriously think is you make these sweeping, incorrect statements and try any means of squirming to save face and get out of it when someone confronts you.

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #426 on: June 18, 2015, 06:03:18 PM »

If I catch flack for being pro GNR, so be it, I dont care and won't be flip flopping on that.

Does anyone give you flack for that though?  Or is it for jumping down everyone's throat?

What's more productive, you tell me :  A conversation with different viewpoints...or an argument put forth that's answered with "hey, go fuck yourself" and insinuations you should leave?

Where does that really go?  Kind of a conversational dead end, no?

I care less about engaging in conversation with some people, than I do about posting facts and posting the truth about matters and situations.

I'm also not trying to convert anyone.

"The truth is the truth hurts"

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #427 on: June 18, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »

Oh I know there is more than one person here that doesnt like you nor your negative trolling and complaining.

There's people I disagree with.  And people that disagree with me, some, strenuously.  No question about it.

We still have conversations, however. 

Look at a guy like pilferk.  We never agree, on anything.  We talk all the time, with no worries.

Then...then, there's you.  Not just you and me, but you and EVERYBODY.

I'm not sure we have to call in Colombo to crack this one.  We can all read.  We all know the deal.

TheBaconman gets along just fine with Emily.  So please don't speak for everyone    She is a very good balance to the constant jarmo reaction posts that's this place used to be

It is much better these days however. 

The baconman is one of my favorite posters here, no agenda and a very nice person to chat with.  love

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #428 on: June 20, 2015, 03:50:45 AM »

This is SERIOUS BUSINESS, this rock band stuff.

And you know how the serious business works....

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mortismurphy
« Reply #429 on: June 20, 2015, 04:33:57 PM »

But it doesn't.

/jarmo

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

What I seriously think is you make these sweeping, incorrect statements and try any means of squirming to save face and get out of it when someone confronts you.

Damn, I was so factually incorrect in believing that Axl had sued the world's entire population, all 7 billion of them. Thank you for correcting me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #430 on: June 21, 2015, 03:02:07 AM »

You don't catch flack for being pro GN'R.  You catch flack for telling people what kind of fans they should be.  Calling them entitled and whiners and that's just a start.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #431 on: June 21, 2015, 08:16:25 PM »

You don't catch flack for being pro GN'R.  You catch flack for telling people what kind of fans they should be.  Calling them entitled and whiners and that's just a start.

I have to agree. Also we are all "pro GNR" here. I know for me, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't an Axl fan. I don't have the time to go on a website for something I don't like. I'm sure others are the same way.  You don't have to always agree with Axl in order to be a fan. I think this is where the confusion comes into play.
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #432 on: June 22, 2015, 01:08:57 AM »

I call them as I see them , if someone is whining and complaining about GNR or has entitlement issues I don't mind calling a spade a spade.

Not planning on stopping either. Kiss

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #433 on: June 22, 2015, 01:12:41 AM »

I have to agree. Also we are all "pro GNR" here. I know for me, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't an Axl fan. I don't have the time to go on a website for something I don't like. I'm sure others are the same way.  You don't have to always agree with Axl in order to be a fan. I think this is where the confusion comes into play.

There is no confusion for me, I see the same little group of people complaining, whining and offering up unsolicited amateur advice.

I am expressing my honest opinions, and I'm not considering changing in order to please others or impress anonymous online people.

"Shut the fuck up."
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #434 on: June 22, 2015, 01:14:21 AM »

But it doesn't.

/jarmo

- Recording
- Promotion
- Touring

Damn, I was so factually incorrect in believing that Axl had sued the world's entire population, all 7 billion of them. Thank you for correcting me.

Oh look, another attempt at comedy.  Roll Eyes

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #435 on: June 22, 2015, 02:06:31 AM »

I call them as I see them , if someone is whining and complaining about GNR or has entitlement issues I don't mind calling a spade a spade.

As you see them.  Who comes to a fan site and berates people in every other post.

I guess we all have that to look forward to. Tongue

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #436 on: June 22, 2015, 08:43:15 AM »

As you see them.  Who comes to a fan site and berates people in every other post.

I guess we all have that to look forward to. Tongue

My sentiments exactly  Smiley

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: