Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:08:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 89 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2015 Baseball season/Off Season Discussion  (Read 255367 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #400 on: June 19, 2015, 02:05:40 PM »

So has anyone checked out the leading vote gyters for this years allstar game?   How the hell is KC pretty much rostering the full wests starting line up???

Josh Donaldson has been nothing short of a allstar this year and is close to MvP levels.    Where is the love?!?!?

There is a citywide campaign in KC to push their people to the top of the voting.  Radio stations, billboards, businesses offering discounts if you vote on one of their tablets or on your phone while they watch, etc.  Tons of stuff...so even the non-fans are voting to get swag or just to be "in the spirit".

That's why. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:10:49 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #401 on: June 19, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »

So has anyone checked out the leading vote gyters for this years allstar game?   How the hell is KC pretty much rostering the full wests starting line up???

Josh Donaldson has been nothing short of a allstar this year and is close to MvP levels.    Where is the love?!?!?

There is a citywide campaign in KC to push their people to the top of the voting.  Radio stations, billboards, businesses offering discounts if you vote on one of their tablets or on your phone while they watch, etc.  Tons of stuff...so even the non-fans are voting to get swag or just to be "in the spirit".

That's why. Smiley

This is like political vote buying!!!!!!!   Love the interest from the city and the people in it over this though.  That's a pretty cool story.  Wish more cities and people showed this much passion for there local sports teams
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #402 on: June 19, 2015, 10:20:04 PM »

What a wild game tonight between the jays and Baltimore

2 managers kicked out.   And they where both on the jays!!!!

No hitter for the jays into the 8th inning.  Then we barely squeak out a win

Jays also need a closer as well as another starter!    Then World Series
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #403 on: June 19, 2015, 10:25:38 PM »

So....arod hit his 3000 hit. A hr.

Anyone care?

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #404 on: June 19, 2015, 11:21:10 PM »

Anyone care?
My feelings for A-Rod are pretty well known. But I have to hand it to him. He's having a real solid season, in not the easiest of circumstances. Although I guess he really had nothing to lose since not much was expected of him, and he was pretty much universally (might be a stretch) despised coming into the year. But still, he's performed far better than I think anyone could have anticipated.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 11:47:35 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #405 on: June 19, 2015, 11:31:26 PM »

I've tried to run my own anti-KC rally myself. But I only have 35 votes, so it's not going so well. I've voted for Donaldson at 3B. He certainly deserves it. As bad as the Red Sox are, I've been voting for Pedroia and Bogaerts. I actually voted for HanRam early on until I realized he's the worst LF of all time. 

I'm all for supporting your team, but KC is a good team with no superstars. Salvador Perez is the only sure fire All Star position player. Hosmer, Moustakas, Gordon, Cain are all nice players but they're certainly not the best at their positions. SS is weak, but Escobar doesn't deserve the nod. And I'm not sure Infante deserves to attend the game, never mind start in it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #406 on: June 19, 2015, 11:40:12 PM »

Anyone care?

I think the guy that got the ball cares about it.   Very funny story.  They were playing it here    Basically the fan called pre game he would catch it.  Called out arod.  Then it happened.   Basically told arod to stick it!  HAHA
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #407 on: June 19, 2015, 11:41:52 PM »

I've tried to run my own anti-KC rally myself. But I only have 35 votes, so it's not going so well. I've voted for Donaldson at 3B. He certainly deserves it. As bad as the Red Sox are, I've been voting for Pedroia and Bogaerts. I actually voted for HanRam early on until I realized he's the worst LF of all time. 

I'm all for supporting your team, but KC is a good team with no superstars. Salvador Perez is the only sure fire All Star position player. Hosmer, Moustakas, Gordon, Cain are all nice players but they're certainly not the best at their positions. SS is weak, but Escobar doesn't deserve the nod. And I'm not sure Infante deserves to attend the game, never mind start in it.

Either get rid of the the all star game.  Or let the geeky sports writers vote.  They don't usually get the mvps wrong
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #408 on: June 19, 2015, 11:45:21 PM »

Anyone care?

I think the guy that got the ball cares about it.   Very funny story.  They were playing it here    Basically the fan called pre game he would catch it.  Called out arod.  Then it happened.   Basically told arod to stick it!  HAHA
Just heard that the guy who "caught" (he really picked it up) A-Rod's 3,000 hit has made sort of a living out of this. He's caught over 8,000 balls in his lifetime, most in BP. He also caught Mike Trout's 1st HR ball, Barry Bonds #726, and 2 HR balls at a game in Tokyo.

For the record, I've gotten ONE ball in my lifetime in my many trips to MLB games. Happened last year. It was at the Red Sox home opener. So the ball has the "Opening Day" insignia on it, pretty cool. It was a foul ball by Grady Sizemore that somebody booted in the 2nd deck and literally fell into my lap. Shamefully I must admit I tried to make an over the shoulder catch while sitting down but completely whiffed. Luckily though, it hit my thigh and landed at my feet. That's not the way I'll tell the story in the distant future though.  hihi

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #409 on: June 20, 2015, 12:02:04 AM »

Anyone care?

Just heard that the guy who "caught" (he really picked it up) A-Rod's 3,000 hit has made sort of a living out of this. He's caught over 8,000 balls in his lifetime, most in BP. He also caught Mike Trout's 1st HR ball, Barry Bonds #726, and 2 HR balls at a game in Tokyo.

For the record, I've gotten ONE ball in my lifetime in my many trips to MLB games. Happened last year. It was at the Red Sox home opener. So the ball has the "Opening Day" insignia on it, pretty cool. It was a foul ball by Grady Sizemore that somebody booted in the 2nd deck and literally fell into my lap. Shamefully I must admit I tried to make an over the shoulder catch while sitting down but completely whiffed. Luckily though, it hit my thigh and landed at my feet. That's not the way I'll tell the story in the distant future though.  hihi

As an ex ball player who didn't get drafted because scouting sucks in northern Canada.   Hahaha.  I said that with a. A straight face

My dream is to catch a foul ball at a game.  Never have.  Next chance is in Seattle in July when the jays are there to kick some butt and I am flying down.  Can't wait
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #410 on: June 20, 2015, 12:11:57 AM »

Anyone care?

As an ex ball player who didn't get drafted because scouting sucks in northern Canada.   Hahaha.  I said that with a. A straight face

My dream is to catch a foul ball at a game.  Never have.  Next chance is in Seattle in July when the jays are there to kick some butt and I am flying down.  Can't wait
In my defense, it was a tough angle. I had my back to the ball, completely unexpecting it to come my way. Didn't have much time to prepare. And no one else got their hands on it either, so I'll take it. Luckily there were no kids around, so I didn't have to play the role of good guy and give it away. For the record, I don't think that would've been in the cards anyway.

TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #411 on: June 20, 2015, 12:34:59 AM »

Anyone care?

In my defense, it was a tough angle. I had my back to the ball, completely unexpecting it to come my way. Didn't have much time to prepare. And no one else got their hands on it either, so I'll take it. Luckily there were no kids around, so I didn't have to play the role of good guy and give it away. For the record, I don't think that would've been in the cards anyway.

Haha.  I would push a crippled kid out of the way to catch the ball. But then, I would probably give it away after.    If the kid was still alive.   Hahahah
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #412 on: June 20, 2015, 07:49:20 AM »

I've caught 3.....1 hr, 2 foul balls. And had 2 thrown to us during bp...one by melky, one by Gardner. I was also handed one, as a kid.... by Don Mattingly (who also signed it).

Together again,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #413 on: June 20, 2015, 11:17:49 AM »

I've caught 3.....1 hr, 2 foul balls. And had 2 thrown to us during bp...one by melky, one by Gardner. I was also handed one, as a kid.... by Don Mattingly (who also signed it).
Nice. Donnie Baseball must've been your favorite player growing up because of that.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #414 on: June 20, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »

Anyone care?

No, not really although I don't mind seeing it getting some acknowledgment.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
TheBaconman
Legend

« Reply #415 on: June 20, 2015, 07:11:46 PM »

Umps got it wrong again with the Jays and missed a grand slam that would of gave us the win!!!!!!!   Baltomore cheats!  haha
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #416 on: June 22, 2015, 07:05:19 AM »

Nice. Donnie Baseball must've been your favorite player growing up because of that.

He was my favorite player BEFORE that.  I grew up a Yankees fan in the 80's. Smiley

My dad had brought me to the game (they were playing the O's), and it was one of only 3 times, as a kid, when we weren't in the bleachers (in the OLD stadium, the bleachers section was sort of separated from the rest of the stadium..you couldn't walk around or get down for BP).  We got there early, and headed right down for BP, and got right up against the rail near the dugout.  Got SUPER lucky...Don was out gladhanding with the fans, especially with the kids.  He came right over, talked to us for a few minutes while waiting for his turn at BP.  He grabbed a ball, signed it with a blue pen my dad had stuffed in his pocket, and handed it to me.  I still have it, along with the ticket stub from that day. Smiley

I lost my dad back in 2000.....so many of my childhood memories of him involve the Yanks.  This is one of my favorites: June 16th, 1984. That whole day was pretty much "the perfect day" at the ballpark.  The Yanks even won, 8-3!

Together again,
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #417 on: June 22, 2015, 08:46:28 AM »

He was my favorite player BEFORE that.  I grew up a Yankees fan in the 80's. Smiley

My dad had brought me to the game (they were playing the O's), and it was one of only 3 times, as a kid, when we weren't in the bleachers (in the OLD stadium, the bleachers section was sort of separated from the rest of the stadium..you couldn't walk around or get down for BP).  We got there early, and headed right down for BP, and got right up against the rail near the dugout.  Got SUPER lucky...Don was out gladhanding with the fans, especially with the kids.  He came right over, talked to us for a few minutes while waiting for his turn at BP.  He grabbed a ball, signed it with a blue pen my dad had stuffed in his pocket, and handed it to me.  I still have it, along with the ticket stub from that day. Smiley

I lost my dad back in 2000.....so many of my childhood memories of him involve the Yanks.  This is one of my favorites: June 16th, 1984. That whole day was pretty much "the perfect day" at the ballpark.  The Yanks even won, 8-3!

Cool story man. Thanks for sharing. Even though football and hockey are presently my two favorite sports. Baseball will always just carry a special place in my heart. A) because i played my whole life and B) There is just a romantic aspect about going to the ballpark with your dad or whoever you are close to, it's something the other sports don't have.

It's like the end of Field of Dreams... just watching him play catch with his old man... makes me cry like a little girl every time.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #418 on: June 22, 2015, 10:59:50 AM »

Cool story man. Thanks for sharing. Even though football and hockey are presently my two favorite sports. Baseball will always just carry a special place in my heart. A) because i played my whole life and B) There is just a romantic aspect about going to the ballpark with your dad or whoever you are close to, it's something the other sports don't have.

It's like the end of Field of Dreams... just watching him play catch with his old man... makes me cry like a little girl every time.

I cry at multiple points of that movie, but especially the end. One of my all time favorites. Baseball is still my favorite sport. Football is a close second, but I think baseball will always have the upper hand. Although March Madness is my favorite sporting event. Love those first 2 days of the tournament especially. 12 straight hours plus of basketball from noon to midnight. Can't beat it.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #419 on: June 22, 2015, 11:49:52 AM »

I cry at multiple points of that movie, but especially the end. One of my all time favorites. Baseball is still my favorite sport. Football is a close second, but I think baseball will always have the upper hand. Although March Madness is my favorite sporting event. Love those first 2 days of the tournament especially. 12 straight hours plus of basketball from noon to midnight. Can't beat it.

Agreed on all. Every sunday is an EVENT in the NFL... combined with the fantasy and gambling...its like a drug...

Still... baseball will always have that romantic element.

Field of Dreams = the BEST

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 89 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: