Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:52:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  For Fun - What if Axl colaborated with...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: For Fun - What if Axl colaborated with...  (Read 20814 times)
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 10:11:28 PM »

I often will hear a song on the radio or elswhere and during certain parts - will think the Axl voice would work well

I'd like to hear how Axl's voice would sound on a song with either Vedder or Dave Matthews - something about their tones I think would work well with the voice
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 10:16:48 PM »

If you wanna talk about Buckethead's solo albums, please feel free to do so in the correct section.

This thread has very little to do with said subject.

Thanks!

/jarmo

Sorry Jarmo, my bad, just replying to a question a mate said. all good. peace

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 07:30:24 AM »

What about who you wouldn't want to see him collaborate with!?

Ok what about Black Eyed Peas, how awful would that be to see Axl kicking alongside Will.I.am (a twat!) whilst fergie and the two who don't do anything bang their way through some inane shite, I would cry!

I'd like to see him appear on Lenny K's new album that would be pretty cool.

peace
sweetbreakdown
Opening Act

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 07:46:49 AM »

I would like to see Axl doing something with Fiona Apple or The Kills.

Does anyone remember about some talking of Lionel Richie recording Ebony and Ivory w/ Axl? Was it a fake story made back then? Did Lionel ever confirmed?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:oD3qumgznOYJ:www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php%3Ftopic%3D10425.20+ebony+and+ivory+lionel+richie+axl+rose&cd=2&hl=pt-BR&ct=clnk&gl=br&source=www.google.com.br

"In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better."

W. Axl Rose - 02/28/09
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 08:53:07 AM »

I just read an interview with Lemmy that reminded me of this thread, and the thought of Axl playing with a rap artist.

"Rock 'n' roll needs me to keep it clean. A lot of people try to kill it." - Lemmy

Sorry...what is this supposed to mean? I take it as (paraphrasing)

"Rock n' roll needs me to keep doing like I've been doing, because there's a lot of people out here fucking it up?"

I can appreciate that.

The only point that I have tried to make, and have to do a better job of I guess is...
I'm not thinking of Dre as a "rap artist" not a rapper at all actually. Just a producer. When I thought about it, the thought of Dre even appearing on a track never crossed my mind. I simply was curious what it would sound like if Dre produced an Axl song or two. Same guitars. bass, drums, same screeching Axl. I mentioned that Chris Cornell album Scream, in particular I like "Never Far Away". The whole album is produced by Timberland and as far as I know he doesn't rap or anything on any of the songs. This is the kind of thing I had in mind. 

I hear what you are saying. Who knows, it could work. I'd like to see them getting back to a more organic way of recording, a live feel, rather then recording multiple takes in different places and piecing it together. So whoever could get them to do that. What ever happened to Mike Clink, anyway?

I personally hated the idea of Cornell teaming with Timbaland, and hated what I heard even more so, but I figured that if Chris stripped the songs down, they'd probably work because he's an amazing songwriter. The right and wrong producer can unfortunately make or break an album.

On a side note, I'm glad Chris made the album though, because he seems to be trying to make up for it now, with an acoustic tour and Soundgarden reunion, haha.
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2011, 09:57:32 AM »

Axl and Jack White.. That would be an interesting duo..
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2011, 12:18:08 PM »

I just read an interview with Lemmy that reminded me of this thread, and the thought of Axl playing with a rap artist.

"Rock 'n' roll needs me to keep it clean. A lot of people try to kill it." - Lemmy

Sorry...what is this supposed to mean? I take it as (paraphrasing)

"Rock n' roll needs me to keep doing like I've been doing, because there's a lot of people out here fucking it up?"

I can appreciate that.

The only point that I have tried to make, and have to do a better job of I guess is...
I'm not thinking of Dre as a "rap artist" not a rapper at all actually. Just a producer. When I thought about it, the thought of Dre even appearing on a track never crossed my mind. I simply was curious what it would sound like if Dre produced an Axl song or two. Same guitars. bass, drums, same screeching Axl. I mentioned that Chris Cornell album Scream, in particular I like "Never Far Away". The whole album is produced by Timberland and as far as I know he doesn't rap or anything on any of the songs. This is the kind of thing I had in mind. 

I hear what you are saying. Who knows, it could work. I'd like to see them getting back to a more organic way of recording, a live feel, rather then recording multiple takes in different places and piecing it together. So whoever could get them to do that. What ever happened to Mike Clink, anyway?

I personally hated the idea of Cornell teaming with Timbaland, and hated what I heard even more so, but I figured that if Chris stripped the songs down, they'd probably work because he's an amazing songwriter. The right and wrong producer can unfortunately make or break an album.

On a side note, I'm glad Chris made the album though, because he seems to be trying to make up for it now, with an acoustic tour and Soundgarden reunion, haha.

I getcha. I totally get what you're saying about Timberland and Cornell. I'm not really a fan of most of the record, like I said - I do like that one song. But strictly as a pop song, not a rock tune. I'm more interested in the idea than the execution. I give them both massive props for trying something out of their comfort zone. 
As far a future production of Guns - I go back and forth. I've always kind of fantasized about Axl having two projects going. One - the more organic original Guns sounds and the other the Guns sound as we know it today. I don't think I could ever trade one for the other, unless I was forced, then I think I would take today's sound. Anyway...
Thanks for your thoughts.
 beer
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2011, 12:53:15 PM »

The more I think of it, the more interested I am in hearing Axl collaborate with someone different. It would be interesting to hear him outside of the GNR moniker in some sort of side project. I love how they did that in the Seattle scene back in the day, with Mad Season, Temple of the Dog etc. Not as many options these days I guess, but there are some.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 06:05:01 PM »

I want Axl and Elton John to do something together again be a real cool song

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Dave Jenno
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2011, 12:03:06 AM »

Axl and Liam Gallagher (vocally awesome)
Axl and Bono (would love a studio collaboration from these 2)
Axl and Johnny Rotten
Axl and James Hetfield/Metallica
Axl and Bruce Springsteen
Axl and Bruce Dickinson

Marilyn Manson, Chester Bennington, Corey Taylor   peace
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2011, 03:20:29 AM »

I would hear Axl with James Hetfield,because i like Metallica too
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2011, 07:07:35 AM »

Dr. Dre?  Huh

Haven't you guys seen the failure that are those "Beats" headphones he is selling now ?

I got my hands on one of those... regret it so much.... fuckin large amount for a quality that u can get on "normal" headphones.

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2011, 07:08:40 AM »

It would be cool to see Axl working with Marilyn Manson or Ozzy!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2011, 12:48:49 PM »

Christina Aguilera is cool too. Axl loves him...

Wait, what?

He said in an interview that she was the singer with the best voice around....

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2011, 01:16:17 PM »

Christina Aguilera is cool too. Axl loves him...

Wait, what?

He said in an interview that she was the singer with the best voice around....

it was more the "loves him" part that got me.... Tongue

But I don't think I knew Axl said that about Christina, that's cool. Smiley

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2011, 04:25:54 PM »

Dr. Dre?

Would be interesting I think.

If it happened organically. Meaning that both were inspired and excited about the idea/song. It would probably be amazing!

When you think about it, so many collaborations happen for the wrong reason(s). Often you can tell that there's something missing and the collaboration is only good, not great or amazing....

I personally would rather see Axl work with Dr Dre or Eminem than some guy from Cinderella or Metallica...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:27:58 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
redrose
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2011, 05:27:40 PM »

I think David Guetta is also a good choice as eminem.
gunnar
Opening Act

« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2011, 05:28:57 PM »

Apart for him to collaborate with the current GNR members to get a new album out of the door, I would like to see him do some songs with Kate Bush.  I don't look forward to waiting though, they both take 12+ years to produce an album Wink
kuetastic
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2011, 01:11:29 AM »

The chick from Evanescence, even if only to duet on an Axl or Guns Chorus.

Actually I can think of a numbers of girls I'd love to here collaborate with Axl, redo tracks or simply cover songs such as TIL.

Shirley Manson, Fiona Apple as somebody already mentioned, chick from Flyleaf, Australian lady by the name of Ashleigh Mannix, Canadian women Allison Crowe, Jewell, the list goes on.

Could really add to the emotion of some slower songs.

As far as men go, a little left field but Leonard Cohen or Willie Nelson.
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2011, 03:18:01 AM »

Ed Vedder and Axl the deep baritone and the high pitch wailing. Like Cornell and Vedder in Temple of the Dog doing Hunger Strike
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: