Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:46:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227925 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  After New Zealand where do the band play next?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: After New Zealand where do the band play next?  (Read 6260 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 12:48:36 PM »

SA is still on.  It's still on the GNR site and it's still on the main page of THIS site.

By the way...kudos to Jarmo for keeping it up.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 01:17:09 PM »

It might seem like a pointless move at this late date, but I do hope that GNR's "management" decides to update the official site to reflect the fact that GNR will not be "honoring" the South African dates.

If ticket holders hear rumors of the cancellation, the first thing they're gonig to do is visit www.gunsnroses.com.

Axl's insistance that the internet doesn't matter to his fans (because it doesn't matter to him) will only cause more confusion and disappointment for South African fans who already paid for their tickets.

I doubt they'll stop in to purchase an Official GNR Brand Scented Candle.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 01:22:15 PM »

I doubt they'll stop in to purchase an Official GNR Brand Scented Candle.

Don't you ever get tired of posting the same lame joke day after day?

Synth on!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 01:25:10 PM »

That scented candle is just so ridiculous.? I can't help but laugh about it.? I'll lay off the scented candle for a while Jarmo.? Just for you.

I still think it would be a good idea for GNR to update their site.  I know they're all very busy with Tommy's wrist, but I have to believe that with all the resources available to Axl Rose, he might be able to find some way to update his site.

Honestly, the official site is still bragging about how they'll "honor" dates they've already cancelled.  Or "dishonored" if you want to use the band's language.  It's laughable.  A shame.

BBF can write PERSONAL EMAILS to his fans on a daily basis, but Axl Rose and his management team can't be bothered to update their site -- even when it directly benefits them to do so.

Just so tragically laughable.  I really hope they're able to turn this ship around soon.  I love Axl and would like nothing more than to hear him make music again.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 01:28:09 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 01:31:06 PM »

GNR isint the only band with sented candles ya know  Roll Eyes

Its all about marketing...

As Jarmo said:

SYNTH ON!!
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »

I really dont think MyCoke is cancelled.  Do we have official confirmation that it is?  No.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 01:38:35 PM »

The MyCoke organizers released a statement saying GNR has had to pull out of their two shows due to Tommy's wrist.

Their official site claims the opposite because it must be very difficult to update a website.

http://www.bigconcerts.co.za/pc-pr-current.htm

INJURY FORCES GUNS N' ROSES TO POSTPONE WORLD TOUR

Guns N' Roses have announced that they have postponed the start of their world tour due to an injury to bassist Tommy Stinson. Stinson recently sprained his left wrist in a fall and the injury has not yet healed. As a result, Guns N' Roses will not make their two scheduled performances at MY COKE FEST in South Africa at the end of the month. All other scheduled GN'R concerts (Australia, New Zealand and Japan) have also been postponed indefinitely.
"I feel so bad right now," explains bassist Tommy Stinson. "I accidentally fell down a flight of stairs. I put my hand down to break my fall and heard a loud 'pop.' The next morning I went to see my doctor, and the bad is news is it's severely sprained and I may have done some ligament damage. I feel horrible?. "We'd like to apologize to our fans that were looking forward to seeing us and know that we will we see you all soon. Again, we'd like to sincerely thank our fans worldwide for their patience and support."
The good news is?. The 12-hour, adrenalin filled MY COKE FEST continues with an exciting mix of SA talent and international music heavyweights. The impressive line-up includes HOOBASTANK, STAIND, 3 DOORS DOWN, EVANESCENCE, THE SPRINGBOK NUDE GIRLS, THE PARLOTONES, EVOLVER (JHB only), CASSETTE (JHB only), J (JHB only), THE DIRTY SKIRTS(CT only), LOVE JONES(JHB only), and TAXI VIOLENCE(JHB only).
MY COKE FEST is taking place in Johannesburg on the 27th of April at the New Market Racecourse and in Cape Town on the 1st of May at Kenilworth Racecourse, and is set to be the biggest music festival this year.
Those who purchased tickets especially to see Guns and Roses, and choose not to attend the show due to their cancellation, can redeem their tickets at any Computicket outlet for a Full Refund. Refunds will only be allowed from Saturday 21st April until midnight on the day of the actual show. Individuals in possession of a complimentary ticket will not be entitled to any refunds.
All other ticket holders (complimentary tickets excluded) will receive vouchers as compensation at the show, which can be used at the festival to purchase food, beverages and merchandise from any of the venue sales outlets.
Tickets for My Coke Fest are still available from Computicket.
FESTIVAL FACTS AND FIGURES:
- There is the equivalent amount of power to light up an average sized town
- There is in the region of 24km of cabling
- A custom-made lighting rig has been designed for the festival, with over 120 automated fixtures
- The equipment is being transported in thirty six 30-ton trucks.
- There are 8 000 parking bays and 3 entrances to the festival in Johannesburg
- There are 6 000 parking bays and 2 entrances to the festival in Cape Town.
- There are more than 800 working staff in Johannesburg and 400 working staff in Cape Town.
- The total size of bar space at the Johannesburg festival adds up to a whopping 120 metres, and will be manned by 240 barmen and 48 draught taps serving an approximate 12 000 beers per hour and 180 000 units of beer in total.
- The total size of bar space at the Cape Town festival adds up to an impressive 80 metres, and will be manned by 140 barmen and 20 draught taps serving an approximate 8 000 beers per hour and 100 000 units of beer in total.
- There are approximately 80 000 litres of Coca-Cola and 50 000 meals available at the 25 vending outlets and 80 mobile vendors in Johannesburg.
- There are approximately 80 000 litres of Coca-Cola and 30 000 meals available at the 15 vending outlets and 40 mobile vendors in Cape Town.
The adrenalin-filled MY COKE FEST is not for the faint hearted ? get ready to be rocked to the core! TWELVE HOURS, TWO CITIES, TEN BANDS
MY COKE FEST is presented by Coca-Cola with official radio partner 5fm, in association with Big Concerts.
TOUR ITINERARY
Friday, 27 April 2007 ? New Market Racetrack, Alberton (Gates open 10h00)
Tuesday, 1 May 2007 ? Kenilworth Racetrack, Cape Town (Gates open 10h00)
TICKET PRICES (JOHANNESBURG AND CAPE TOWN)
Golden Circle ? R550.00 -excl Computicket service charges
General Admission ? R375.00 -excl Computicket service charges
Student Day Pass ? R250.00 -incl Computicket service charges
BOOKING AT COMPUTICKET
Computicket Internet Site www.computicket.com
Computicket Call Centre 083 915 8000
? Bottles
? Alcohol (this will be available for purchase in the stadiums)
? Weapons
? All recording equipment
Further to the prohibited items detailed above, please could you ensure that you check the official Terms and Conditions document on the 5FM website - www.5fm.co.za
FOR FURTHER MEDIA INFO on the release only, please contact:
JOHN LANGFORD ? MY COKE FEST ? FESTIVAL DIRECTOR
021 422 3500 or 082 561 3541
john@bigconcerts.co.za
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 01:42:01 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2007, 02:23:58 PM »

Well I almost shit myself twenty minutes ago. A commercial for Swamp Rock Bash here Michigan came on. They made it sound like Guns N Roses were playing there this summer. It ends up just being a tribute band 'Paradise City'...  rant Talk about a let down.

your post has no place in this thread

Well I originally thought that they were playing in michigan so STFU.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 02:46:39 PM »

Well I almost shit myself twenty minutes ago. A commercial for Swamp Rock Bash here Michigan came on. They made it sound like Guns N Roses were playing there this summer. It ends up just being a tribute band 'Paradise City'...  rant Talk about a let down.

your post has no place in this thread

Well I originally thought that they were playing in michigan so STFU.

whooooooooooooooooooooooooo
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2007, 08:04:31 PM »

Email I got from Ticketmaster:

"Dear John

Thank you for your email. Yes the on sale for Guns and Roses is on the 30th of April through Ticketmaster and will be held at the Vector Arena in Auckland

Kind regards

Laurelle
"

Sent: Sunday, 22 April 2007 6:35 p.m.
To: Ticketmaster NZ Customer Service
Subject: Guns n Roses concert

Hi,

There are rumors going around on the internet that Guns n Roses are pulling out of their concert here in New Zealand.  Can you confirm or deny this please?

Thank You

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 08:22:40 PM »

Next logical place to play after NZ would be Antarctica! 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2007, 08:31:49 PM »

people...face the facts and the reality of whats going on here.....there will be no tour/no cd....i wish i was wrong....just like i thought the s. african shows probably wouldnt happen my thread last week that somehow got dropped from the board.........

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 11:23:46 AM »

There's still a little gap in between New Zealand and Japan.

Either it's a little break or they plan to fill it with a show or shows.

The news stories from earlier in the year did mention Thailand as a possible tour stop.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 08:19:04 PM »

There's still a little gap in between New Zealand and Japan.

Either it's a little break or they plan to fill it with a show or shows.

The news stories from earlier in the year did mention Thailand as a possible tour stop.

/jarmo

if they tour, it doesnt make economic sense to do nothing for 2 weeks....2 weeks idle is a large drain of $$$$. i'd expect them to add some dates here....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Megaguns
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 09:05:44 PM »

Tassie!!!!   Cry
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: