Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:21:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227922 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven to play in Asia
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven to play in Asia  (Read 6894 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: July 31, 2005, 11:47:16 AM »

Steven Adler and Tracii Guns will be playing shows in Asia later this year. The band is called "Guns N' Roses Revisited" and features, in addition to Steven and Tracii, Adler's Appetite members Sheldon Tarsha (Lead Vocals), Keri Kelli (Rhythm Guitar) and Robbie Crane (Bass).

The dates are:

JAKARTA, 24 August 2005 @ Tennis Indoor Senayan, Jakarta

MALANG, 26 August 2005 @ Velodrome / Stadion Gajayana Malang

BALI, 28 August 2005 (A Mild Live Soundrenaline) @ Pulau Serangan, Bali

YOGYAKARTA, 30 August 2005 @ Stadion Mandala Krida, Yogyakarta

MEDAN, 1 September 2005 @ Selecta Royal Ballroom Lt. 5, Medan

SINGAPORE, 3 September 2005 @ Singapore Expo

MANILA (Philippines), 5 September 2005 @ Araneta Colliseum

More info at the promoter's web site.

Source(s): http://www.tommypratama.com   

Thanks to: Harry, gigger, Andre

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
makane
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2005, 01:34:24 PM »

Oh my god, thats pathetic.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
crazycanadian
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 01:43:15 PM »

Whats next?O wait i know everything but a new CD. drool
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 04:00:39 PM »

Steven seems to want to play everywhere but the UK.....c'mon how many fans is he likely to have in Jakarta!

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 05:15:30 PM »

It's funny since in my opinion Keri is a better player than Tracii, the guy was fantastic when I saw AA live... But he hasn't played in Guns N' Roses.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2005, 07:14:32 PM »

Oh my god, thats pathetic.
I've come to expect "pathetic" from Steven but for Tracii Guns to agree to play under the name "Guns N' Roses Revisited" brings a whole new meaning to the word.? Not that I know much about Tracii but this just seems way too low for any self-respecting artist to go.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 06:12:33 AM »

I'm pretty sure a lawsuit is coming their way.

Guns N' Roses is owned by Axl and I don't think he'll like this very much...

thejungle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 06:16:30 AM »

i have to say i was quite gutted when i heard this. they seemed to have so much potential when i saw them in feb (by the way they came to the UK in febuary!!) and now they've even got to the stage they're just touring as a cover band. its great they're getting out to asia but i think they should have gone as AA, surely it can't improve ticket sales that much to change the name to GNR revisited.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 06:19:12 AM »

Well, trust me, Tracii will improve ticket sales.

It's just that, in my opinion, they shouldn't have gone under that name...

Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 01:56:41 PM »

Don't see why

They are just a tribute band, there are a hundred thousand of them 'The Australian Pink Floyd' for instance, all perfectly legal

They aren't claiming to be the 'Guns N'Roses' and therefore there is no legal issue

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 02:07:59 PM »

Don't see why

They are just a tribute band, there are a hundred thousand of them 'The Australian Pink Floyd' for instance, all perfectly legal

They aren't claiming to be the 'Guns N'Roses' and therefore there is no legal issue

They are a tribute band with 2 ex members? I never heard Steven saying that he plays in a tribute band....

They're using the GNR name to sell tickets. With Adler's Appetite it was different, but now they're using the GNR name.

If you see all the well known tribute bands have a small change in the name: Guns 2 Roses, Gunz N Rosez etc...

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 02:58:10 PM »

Why couldnt he and Tracii come up with a name - like Suki Jones - play some Gn'R, LA Guns, AC/DC. Areosmith etc. Basically just a hard rock jam band - then id have respect for what there doing - loads of artists do that - look at Gilby Clarke, John Corabi etc. etc. Calling it Gn'R Revisited is just a crappy cash in to get more ticket sales and has no credibity whatsoever.

Riot In Everyone!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2005, 04:08:37 PM »

They are a tribute band with 2 ex members? I never heard Steven saying that he plays in a tribute band....

They're using the GNR name to sell tickets. With Adler's Appetite it was different, but now they're using the GNR name.

If you see all the well known tribute bands have a small change in the name: Guns 2 Roses, Gunz N Rosez etc...

Don't be silly

'The Australian Pink Floyd' is a real band (and apparently very very good) - they have no problems with the law - but all the 'well known tribute bands have a small name change' - I must have dreamed of them then?

Look - these people were fooled into thinking they exist too Roll Eyes

http://www.aussiefloyd.com/ (their site)

Adler has changed the name:

Guns N' Roses Revisited remember?

I think u've been reading the lawsuit thread in the GNR section to often....

I never heard Steven saying that he plays in a tribute band....

And? A band that plays GNR songs but isn't legally GNR is a GNR tribute band, u think Adler's too stupid to realise?

And no other tribute band uses another bands reputation to make money confused

Tribute bands make money from someone elses work

« Last Edit: August 01, 2005, 04:10:43 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
usurper
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2005, 05:42:25 PM »

I smell a lawsuit, I think many Asian fans are going to think it's the real GNR and they're going to go to the shows, I hate Steven Adler, stuttering moron who spent ?50 million on drugs
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 06:27:27 PM »

Don't be silly

'The Australian Pink Floyd' is a real band (and apparently very very good) - they have no problems with the law - but all the 'well known tribute bands have a small name change' - I must have dreamed of them then?

And? A band that plays GNR songs but isn't legally GNR is a GNR tribute band, u think Adler's too stupid to realise?

Aha... What you fail to understand is that the one we're talking about is Axl. And if he sues them, he will win. Simply cause they're using the GNR name inside their name. Pink Floyd didn't care cause it's just a tribute band.

If Waters did that there would have been some lawsuits, that's why his show was called THE WALL and not PINK FLOYD revisited by an ex member...

Aussiefloyd don't have any ex Pink Floyd members... GNR Revisited do, and that means a lot.

Paul Di Anno doesnt go around using the Maiden name, he plays as Paul Di Anno, he might play Maiden songs but he wont use the name.

I won't explain this again, I'm sorry if you don't get it...

Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 06:50:57 PM »

Don't be silly

Aha... What you fail to understand is that the one we're talking about is Axl. And if he sues them, he will win. Simply cause they're using the GNR name inside their name. Pink Floyd didn't care cause it's just a tribute band.

If Waters did that there would have been some lawsuits, that's why his show was called THE WALL and not PINK FLOYD revisited by an ex member...

Aussiefloyd don't have any ex Pink Floyd members... GNR Revisited do, and that means a lot.

Paul Di Anno doesnt go around using the Maiden name, he plays as Paul Di Anno, he might play Maiden songs but he wont use the name.

I won't explain this again, I'm sorry if you don't get it...

Basically tribute bands dont mean crap becasue everyone knows there not the real thing. However if your an ex-member using the name to make cash/fool people into thinking its the proper Gn'R - thats where the problem lies. Axl wont want Steven/Tracii using a name he owns (rightly or wrongly) to make money off the bands repuation. And thats all it is - its purley a marketing tool to make money. Stevens really hurt his repuation with this and the Adlers Appetite thing - should have left it as Suki Jones.

Riot In Everyone!
makane
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 10:36:24 AM »

Basically tribute bands dont mean crap becasue everyone knows there not the real thing.However if your an ex-member using the name to make cash/fool people into thinking its the proper Gn'R - thats where the problem lies. Axl wont want Steven/Tracii using a name he owns (rightly or wrongly)to make money off the bands repuation. And thats all it is - its purley a marketing tool to make money. Stevens really hurt his repuation with this and the Adlers Appetite thing - should have left it as Suki Jones.

Hehe, sounds like Axl Rose.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2005, 10:17:22 PM »

Basically tribute bands dont mean crap becasue everyone knows there not the real thing.However if your an ex-member using the name to make cash/fool people into thinking its the proper Gn'R - thats where the problem lies. Axl wont want Steven/Tracii using a name he owns (rightly or wrongly)to make money off the bands repuation. And thats all it is - its purley a marketing tool to make money. Stevens really hurt his repuation with this and the Adlers Appetite thing - should have left it as Suki Jones.

Axl isnt an ex-member now is he?
makane
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2005, 03:20:30 AM »

Whats the difference when youre the last original member left?

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2005, 11:24:01 AM »

Whats the difference when youre the last original member left?

There is a big difference. Axl was a part of gnr before adler was even in the band. Adler is just a washed up junkie.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: