Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 09:16:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates  (Read 65805 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »

You just need to realize they're not out to please you. The ones who aren't at the shows.

Of course all hardcore fans on the Internet would love a bunch of new songs and four hour shows. No shit.

But when you see the crowds at the shows sing along to the songs and go ape shit, it's kinda difficult to start whining about the song selection.....
Because obviously it works! Not for you or the other guy at the keyboard on a different continent, but it works for those who paid and stood in line for hours rain or shine. Those who waited for years to see their favorite band, those who saved money to buy a ticket and so on.

If you actually read what the alleged "promise" of new songs said, you'd have nothing to whine about in that regard. It didn't say this tour, these shows or anything like that. That was your brain interpreting the words in a way it wasn't meant to.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2014, 10:01:14 AM »

You just need to realize they're not out to please you. The ones who aren't at the shows.

Of course all hardcore fans on the Internet would love a bunch of new songs and four hour shows. No shit.

But when you see the crowds at the shows sing along to the songs and go ape shit, it's kinda difficult to start whining about the song selection.....
Because obviously it works! Not for you or the other guy at the keyboard on a different continent, but it works for those who paid and stood in line for hours rain or shine. Those who waited for years to see their favorite band, those who saved money to buy a ticket and so on.

If you actually read what the alleged "promise" of new songs said, you'd have nothing to whine about in that regard. It didn't say this tour, these shows or anything like that. That was your brain interpreting the words in a way it wasn't meant to.

/jarmo

yeah...great...

my man I appreciate ur place..gives me a place to shoot the shit with fellow fans without the insults and constant crying

but ur opinion in any gnr debate.....carries zero weight, you don't address the issue just tell everybody why their wrong or why they shouldnt waste their time getting upset over this or that

id love for Axl to prove you right on it all

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:26 AM »

and like I think was said earlier...

nobody has ever ever ever said the people at the show are not going to rock out every time no matter what they play

because if ur going to see them in 2014 you love Axl rose..and ur gonna love seeing him up there  no matter what

some of us want more tho....go ahead... blast us for that

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:55 AM »

Jarmo, just because people sing to the old stuff, doesnt mean that they dont think the band could play a couple of new tunes.
Its a bit naive to think just because people look happy, you can tell what they think.

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2014, 10:07:20 AM »

You go tell the people at the shows that they shouldn't have enjoyed themselves too much because you think the band played the wrong songs in the wrong order. Go ahead.

Jarmo, just because people sing to the old stuff, doesnt mean that they dont think the band could play a couple of new tunes.
Its a bit naive to think just because people look happy, you can tell what they think.

It's naive to think somebody is happy because they look like they're having a great time? Maybe. But it's the first assumption I make.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2014, 10:08:40 AM »

Well, then I guess its a good thing that I just said that exact same thing.  What a relief.

Look Jarmo, bottom line, he sounds like crap.  And you can lecture "people on the internet" and post rants from 2006 until God calls you.  Neither are an answer to the question "why does he sound so bad?"

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2014, 10:10:02 AM »

Sure people are happy. I am always happy too when i see them. But wanting different songs doesnt make you unhappy.
You understand what i mean?

You assume that everyone in the crowd is completely satisfied with the setlist.
Thats just naive

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2014, 10:13:42 AM »

Sure people are happy. I am always happy too when i see them. But wanting different songs doesnt make you unhappy.
You understand what i mean?

You assume that everyone in the crowd is completely satisfied with the setlist.
Thats just naive

Its a misdirection answer not even applicable to the question asked because the real answer is an inconvenient truth best left unaddressed.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2014, 10:28:47 AM »

In Jarmos defense i have to say, that he's just a spokesperson.

Dok
Headliner

« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2014, 10:38:39 AM »

In Jarmos defense i have to say, that he's just a spokesperson.

In that case it's really hard to believe Jarmos mantra about Axl don't caring about what people say on the Internet. If that's really the case and all the people coming to the shows are happy and stuff, why have a propaganda minister in the first place?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »

I don't see how GNR fans can think they have a right to hear a new song it's just self entitlement and you guys aren't even at the show.
The people at the show are enjoying themselves

It's not a sense of entitlement, the band's manager confirmed they would be debuting 2-3 new songs during this tour.

It's not entitlement,  it's a hope they can actually be somewhat professional for once and live up to their own promises.

And as for Jarmo's 'Axl doesn't care what the internet thinks' one wonders why they chose to release that info on GNR fan sites rather than in a formal press release which is surely within the 'capability' of the band's management, if he cares so little what 'internet fans' think?

He doesn't care about the internet but does huge chats and brings Jarmo on stage reasonably regularly?

Er, yeah. Strong arguments people...
Are you sure "the band's manager confirmed they would be debuting 2-3 new songs during this tour"? 

I have not seen any indication that Fernando made those statements.

Ali
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2014, 11:10:48 AM »

No, it was just a "reporter" at MYGNR.  Whatever the hell that even means.

Hoping for new songs was pretty foolish.  Hoping Axl can come out and do justice to the classic songs that he's been doing for years, that should not be a hope.  It should be a reasonable expectation that is met every night.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2014, 11:24:18 AM »

/jarmo

They might want to consider however that fans like myself thinking of traveling from the UK to Las Vegas might think twice when the current tour indicates that it will be the same tired show/format.

Let me just share a section from an update email from metallica.com about their current South America tour-

This was the third time that Metallica has performed in Bogota, Colombia.
This was the first show of the "Metallica By Request" tour where each member of the audience had the opportunity to vote for the setlist before the show.
Metallica debuted a brand new song entitled "Lords of Summer."
In addition to "Lords of Summer," three songs were performed in Bogota for the first time:  "The Unforgiven," "...And Justice for All" and "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)."

You see what i'm saying is it is really not difficult to keep things fresh.

Slash did an article with Classic Rock recently where he talks about sharing video missives from the studio. He says 'I like putting stuff out there. It turns people on. All things considered, I don't think mystery really works in this day and age, we're just moving at too fast a pace. The hard-core fan that the mystique works on are fewer and further between.' I completely agree (and I'm in no way wanting to start an Axl vs Slash debate here). I just am dumbfounded as to what Axl is doing.

I think that the fans on this board are quite in their right to complain. And as for Axl's 2006 rant...We're now in 2014!! 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:25:54 AM by reayj2003 » Logged
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2014, 11:27:39 AM »

I don't see how GNR fans can think they have a right to hear a new song it's just self entitlement and you guys aren't even at the show.
The people at the show are enjoying themselves

It's not a sense of entitlement, the band's manager confirmed they would be debuting 2-3 new songs during this tour.

It's not entitlement,  it's a hope they can actually be somewhat professional for once and live up to their own promises.

And as for Jarmo's 'Axl doesn't care what the internet thinks' one wonders why they chose to release that info on GNR fan sites rather than in a formal press release which is surely within the 'capability' of the band's management, if he cares so little what 'internet fans' think?

He doesn't care about the internet but does huge chats and brings Jarmo on stage reasonably regularly?

Er, yeah. Strong arguments people...
Are you sure "the band's manager confirmed they would be debuting 2-3 new songs during this tour"? 

I have not seen any indication that Fernando made those statements.

Ali

no there was no quote from fernando

just the same source was spot on about a SA tour and vegas plans, and i think had an inside track with w the DVD till it shockingly fell apart

so since the source was accurate with those things, it was not unreasonable to expect the new songs to come to fruition

but like jarmo said... nothing was promised... and we made up those expectations in our own head!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:30:29 AM by JAEBALL » Logged

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »

/jarmo

They might want to consider however that fans like myself thinking of traveling from the UK to Las Vegas might think twice when the current tour indicates that it will be the same tired show/format.

Let me just share a section from an update email from metallica.com about their current South America tour-

This was the first show of the "Metallica By Request" tour where each member of the audience had the opportunity to vote for the setlist before the show.
In addition to "Lords of Summer," three songs were performed in Bogota for the first time:  "The Unforgiven," "...And Justice for All" and "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)."

Slash did an article with Classic Rock recently where he talks about sharing video missives from the studio. He says 'I like putting stuff out there. It turns people on. All things considered, I don't think mystery really works in this day and age, we're just moving at too fast a pace. The hard-core fan that the mystique works on are fewer and further between.' I completely agree (and I'm in no way wanting to start an Axl vs Slash debate here). I just am dumbfounded as to what Axl is doing.

I think that the fans on this board are quite in their right to complain. And as for Axl's 2006 rant...We're now in 2014!! 

Comparing Gnr and them really are night and day... im not a fan of them... but they do things.... well the way we all wish GNR would no matter what anybody says

who wouldnt love a band taking requests ?!? putting out dvd's, new songs, all that kind of stuff

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2014, 11:41:38 AM »

So you're saying the fans requested songs that they mostly had heard already?

How come?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2014, 12:01:49 PM »

When in doubt, change subject.

reayj2003
VIP

« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2014, 12:14:00 PM »

So you're saying the fans requested songs that they mostly had heard already?

How come?

/jarmo

I don't think that is what it says at all. They performed songs for the first time and a brand new song. There is not really an argument on this one Jarmo. They have been playing the first 4 songs in the same order since 2009.. It's boring.
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2014, 12:20:55 PM »

I'm usually the one leading he charge for new songs, but I think you have to walk before you can run.

He sounds dreadful on songs he's been singing for 20 years.  What sort of realistic expectation can we have to hear something for the first time and be impressed by it?

The elephant in the room is perhaps the fact that new songs might have been in the cards, but Axl knows he's not up to it.  Now...one might ask how the hell he didn't have himself ready for the start of the tour, but haven't we been asking that one for years?

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2014, 12:24:23 PM »

It kinda amazes me that people still give shit to gnr becauce they do things the way they want to do it. As far i know its been like that since day one and they are one of the only bands in the world that work that way. And thats the way i like my GN'R . Note GN'R not Metallica.

Plus i didnt hear anything wrong with Axls voice in the videos i saw. Actually i enjoyed them.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »