Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:05:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil, March 22, 2014 updates  (Read 65903 times)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2014, 12:25:20 PM »

Plus i didnt hear anything wrong with Axls voice in the videos i saw. Actually i enjoyed them.

The clip of 'November Rain' going around...no red flags, that you hear?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »

It kinda amazes me that people still give shit to gnr becauce they do things the way they want to do it. As far i know its been like that since day one and they are one of the only bands in the world that work that way. And thats the way i like my GN'R . Note GN'R not Metallica.

Plus i didnt hear anything wrong with Axls voice in the videos i saw. Actually i enjoyed them.

everything is subjective....you might think he sounds good... but that isnt the majority vote

GNR has nothing to do with what they were since day 1, so that argument doesnt work...is Axl still a stubborn bastard tho? yes  Grin

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9IQdy94VAE
this one ? Yes, i double checked i still like it

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2014, 12:37:56 PM »

No, not that one.

The clip I am talking about is the end, which is a god damn train wreck.  This clip just happens to cut off right before that.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2014, 12:39:34 PM »

No, not that one.

The clip I am talking about is the end, which is a god damn train wreck.  This clip just happens to cut off right before that.
Can you send it to me? all i could find was from rio exept that one.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2014, 12:48:44 PM »

Wow i can't believe the "bitching" in here.....

Everything has to be perfect, sound perfect, look perfect?
When did this become the symphony and stop being a Rock N' Roll show!

People have fun, the band has fun.....Fun Fun Fun!  I think thats the aim for the night.

That's it that's all.....

I can hardly wait till VEGAS

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »

No, it was just a "reporter" at MYGNR.  Whatever the hell that even means.

Hoping for new songs was pretty foolish.  Hoping Axl can come out and do justice to the classic songs that he's been doing for years, that should not be a hope.  It should be a reasonable expectation that is met every night.
My point was the information is only as good as the source.  We don't know the source.  We don't know the context in which that information was relayed.  There could have been some miscommunication or misunderstanding of some kind with regards to the 2-3 new songs.  I don't think MyGNR was at fault in any way or intentionally misleading.  

Ali
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2014, 01:04:14 PM »

in my opinion if you guys don't like the setlist and this and that, dont go to the shows or watch a crappy bootleg on youtube and complain axl sounds like shit! God I'am just glad i get the chance to be able to see my favorite band in concert, i never had a chance to see them in concert till 2006 and ive been a fan since i was a kid i am now 33 years old. Vegas will be my fourth show and i dont give a fuck if i got the same exact show time after time, because this current band is my favorite by far when it comes to performance and reliability.

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2014, 01:12:05 PM »

No, not that one.

Here we go :

http://youtu.be/2D7QypeLbSM

Now I ask you, in all candor, how is this not a problem?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2014, 01:19:53 PM »

Here's a suggestion, since you guys will bring up the same things for every show, so why don't you just start a new thread in Dead Horse where you can complain about the shows you're not attending until the cows come home.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »

And thats why i dont hold bootlegs very creditable at all, ive seen boots of shows ive been too and they sounded like shit but the shows themselves were great  ok

Vancouver2002,Edmonton2006,Saskatoon2010,Las Vegas2012,Las Vegas 2014,Toronto 2016
rebelhipi
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2014, 01:27:55 PM »

No, not that one.

Here we go :

Allright they messed that one up.
What can i say, theres many things that can cause these things happen and these things happen from time to time no biggie, they messed up the last 10secs of November rain

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2014, 01:31:23 PM »

Here we go :

What can i say, theres many things that can cause these things happen and these things happen from time to time no biggie, they messed up the last 10secs of November rain

Yeah, could be.  Shit does happen, I can understand that.

But what drives me nuts is when people tell me he was "on fire!" and "better than ever!" and then you produce this clip and ask how they reconcile it.

banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2014, 01:33:07 PM »

yeah nobody remembers when you do good, but they never forget when you fuck up. 68 more days till show time  beer

D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »

Here's a suggestion, since you guys will bring up the same things for every show, so why don't you just start a new thread in Dead Horse where you can complain about the shows you're not attending until the cows come home.

The fact that you are so suddenly meek and not nearly as chatty as usual leads many of us to believe even you can see some of the problems here.

We recognize you are in something of a tough spot.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2014, 01:34:17 PM »

I'm sure you guys caught Brian Johnson perform "You shook me all night long"
with Billy Joel 2 nites ago.

I loved it but IF I was a Brain hater i'd have to say that was his worst performance of that song.

Let's be clear
     I would never be a hater, makes no sense to follow anyone I'm not
genuinely rooting for.  Huh

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »

No, not that one.

Here we go :

The whole outtro was messed up by the band and Axl.  It happens.  They're all human.

I heard a LALD + TIL clip and he sounded o.k.

Regardless, I'll be seeing them in Vegas in June.  I last saw them in Vegas in November 2012.  Same band and same venue.  That's as close to an apples to apples comparison I can get so I can make my own determination on any difference in performance quality.

Ali
banachkevin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2014, 01:35:16 PM »

because your listing to a fucking bootleg, shot from a fucking phone, at a fucking outdoor show  confused

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »

No, not that one.

Here we go :

I think calling that a "train wreck" is a bit strong. The band doesn't miss a beat - not sure how in on band idioms you are, but the term train wreck usually refers to an instance where the whole band falls apart - a complete derailment, as it were. So, that's not happening here. As far as Axl, I went into the clip inclined to agree with you, but it's actually not as bad as you're making it out to be. It sounds like he could have a little out of sync between his piano part and his vocal, but nothing serious. His high range sounds strong, so that's working. In fact, if he wasn't pushing so much air there, his vocal would be sitting much more "in the mix" and be less noticeable to you. All in all, I'd say it's extremely minor, and the type of thing that's liable to happen in live performance. Name a performer, I bet we can find an instance of them making a noticeable mistake on stage, if we're sufficiently determined. And, things like that are most apt to happen on songs that you've been playing for 20 years, because let's face it - it gets boring. Do I think GNR would be more exciting if Axl got some new songs, and played some smaller venues for a change? Could he be a little more in shape? Yeah, for sure, but let's restrict our complaints to things that are actually happening.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2014, 01:36:23 PM »

The fact that you are so suddenly meek and not nearly as chatty as usual leads many of us to believe even you can see some of the problems here.

We recognize you are in something of a tough spot.

Well, maybe you're not aware of the fact that I'm actually at the shows. So there's less time to chat with you about the same issues over and over again. No offense.
Sleep is more important than having these discussions with you. Sorry.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: