Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:04:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release  (Read 172056 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #160 on: March 27, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »

Yes I realize that, but when was the last time he didn't sign his name as W. Axl Rose?

I know I'm reading too much into this, maybe it was written by a PR person, and was an oversight.
And, you'd think DR. Pepper would mention this HUGE challenge on the Promo section of their website.
 Like I say, it was just something odd I noticed.

1) The Dr. P "people" are saying this leaked early....which might be why the site's not up yet.

2) The press release IS up on a site owned by Cadbury/Schwepps (http://www.brandspeoplelove.com/).   Unless there's been some hardcore hacking of their site......the Press Release is legit.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #161 on: March 27, 2008, 08:30:45 AM »

this is fucking awesome!!  Cheesy
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #162 on: March 27, 2008, 08:34:43 AM »

I love this! this is great publicity! I was hoping for something like this!

And Axl always a card! Love yeah!

Now lets see the record company get their shit together!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Matt.E.Zin
Opening Act

Some things never change. Don?t care.

« Reply #163 on: March 27, 2008, 08:37:31 AM »

I can see Axls statement regarding the release of Chinese Democracy:

"People will drink Dr.Pepper this year"  hihi
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2008, 08:40:44 AM »

Two things: Axl indirectly implies it'll be out this year by assuming he'll have a drink to share and BUCKETHEAD IS ON THE FUCKING ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I was wondering if anyone would finally notice this "little" detail...

Well, since Mysteron says there's no progress at the moment, that means the ball is likely out of Axl's court at the moment. I'm sure he 'intends' to have the album out this year, but then again I'm also sure he intended to have it out in 2006.

And there goes the challenger...
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2008, 09:08:08 AM »

I hope this is true but by nature I am a cynic.  Is this just a way for both GNR and DP to create hype for their products and DP knows that CD will not be out this year and thus not have to give away so much product? 
KrazyJ23
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2008, 09:18:01 AM »

Maybe this has been said, maybe I'm reading too much into it  hihi

but....Axl said  "I'll share my Dr Pepper with him"  referring to buckethead.....and considering that most of what Axl says in the press is calculated one way or another.....Axl getting a Dr. Pepper from the promotion  to share would logically mean that the album is slated for an '08 release!!!!!!!!   beer

'course most of us one way or another were hoping or speculating that way.....but this seems to point to it and is pretty awesome nonetheless!!!

....ok....i'm done for the moment.....too much speculation too early in the morning....I just think this is pretty funny and cool of Dr. Pepper and to hear from Axl for the first time in so long is pretty sweet as well!  smoking

~J
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2008, 09:27:32 AM »

What a great photo on gunsnroses.com and a wonderfully clever and pithy riposte from Axl.  With diplomacy, ambiguity, modesty and, best of all, a wry sense of humour, he illustrates not only his sharp business mind but also provides a masterclass in how to respond positively to the unexpected press release.  ok

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2008, 09:31:28 AM »

So if Axl releases it in 2008 dr pepper will hook every single American up , axl replys he will share his with BH...wich means the album will be out in 2008 . NICE
jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2008, 09:40:09 AM »

This is on the front page of Norway's second largest newspaper site. Axl's reply is awesome  peace

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2008, 09:42:47 AM »

When Axl says "I'll share my DP with Bucket", guess he means two things:

1 - the obvious message = CD this year.
2 - Since BH is not eligible but Axl will share with him, Slash will remain the only american out of the free soda party.  rofl rofl rofl

That's hilarious... something that could only happen to GNR.

OK, it's legit, but no one can deny the April Fools face of it.

peace

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2008, 09:53:00 AM »

hahaha thats crazy!!!! and really random.

But very cool at the same time!

html sucks
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2008, 09:56:54 AM »

The thing that I can't figure out is why would Dr. Pepper do this if this was just a joke.  What would a little bit of extra publicity mean to a company like Dr. Pepper?  If it isn't a joke, and there wasn't a distinct possibility the record would be released, then, again, why would Dr. Pepper do this?  A little extra promotion?  A few tidbits on some news sites?  Do they really need that?

Maybe I'm overanalyzing, but I have to think there is something more to this.

Your thoughts.

Ali

Ali, I have been saying the same thing and the same thing that the person on the other site said.  I got blasted for it though.
Gabignr
Opening Act

Les?s More.

« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2008, 09:57:07 AM »

Just thanks.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Support guns n roses in search of Record for the launch of Chinese democracy Sing here please- http://www.firmasonline.com/1firmas/camp1.asp?C=1176
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2008, 10:03:04 AM »

Very exciting news and just one more reason to love Dr. Pepper, which by the way, is the best tasting soft drink in the world.  If anyone feels otherwise, please meet me in person so I can slap you with my white glove and challenge you to a duel.

Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2008, 10:03:33 AM »

At least we know that Axl is alive and he's paying attention to all the things on the net  hihi

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2008, 10:06:10 AM »

Two things: Axl indirectly implies it'll be out this year by assuming he'll have a drink to share and BUCKETHEAD IS ON THE FUCKING ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I don't think anyone has pointed out yet that Axl also put to rest the rumors that the album title was changed ... "We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr. Pepper with our album Chinese Democracy..."  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2008, 10:09:41 AM »

Just because he said that he'd share is DP with Buckethead does NOT mean it's coming out this year.  Yeah, it is implied but he never said "it's coming out this year."  He could have said it as a knee-jerk reaction to them saying Buckethead won't get one.  I don't want to be an asshole, but you guys shouldn't get your hopes up by reading into things too much.  Personally, I think it's quite humorous and might help nudge Axl in the right direction.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2008, 10:23:24 AM »

Just because he said that he'd share is DP with Buckethead does NOT mean it's coming out this year.  Yeah, it is implied but he never said "it's coming out this year."  He could have said it as a knee-jerk reaction to them saying Buckethead won't get one.  I don't want to be an asshole, but you guys shouldn't get your hopes up by reading into things too much.  Personally, I think it's quite humorous and might help nudge Axl in the right direction.

The guy hasn't said anything at all publicly since last August.  I don't think he makes public statements on a knee-jerk reaction.  So of course everyone's going to over-analyze this small statement - given the infrequency of comments from Axl there's nothing small about it.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #179 on: March 27, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »

Very exciting news and just one more reason to love Dr. Pepper, which by the way, is the best tasting soft drink in the world.  If anyone feels otherwise, please meet me in person so I can slap you with my white glove and challenge you to a duel.

After 3 sips of Dr. Pepper I am so bloated and cannot drink anymore.  It has a good taste, but too filling.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: