Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release  (Read 172064 times)
burnz007
Rocker

Kick'n back in the shadows...

« Reply #360 on: March 28, 2008, 02:32:38 PM »

I've been on a different GNR email discussion list since about 1996 (some of whom are members here and may remember this) and this whole press release thing eliciting a response from Axl reminds me of stunt we were considering years ago.  I remember we were discussing putting a fund together to buy a full-page ad in a major newspaper to show demand for the "next" GNR album (I don't even know if the name Chinese Democracy had been public at that time) .  Anyhow it eventually fell apart because we didn't know who was going to collect the money and we ultimately decided that it wouldn't have worked.  However, these press releases make me think we might have gotten some sort of acknowledgement from Axl had we actually done it.   smoking

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #361 on: March 28, 2008, 04:02:32 PM »

Let me pose a question regarding whether GN'R was involved in the promo.  Lets say they were.  To do this promo it would then either be the start of GN'R promising to release CD this year or a tease which the fans wouldn't take kindly too.  Instead, they get to deny involvement yet generate interest without promising anything.  Its all tied together in my opinion and despite Axl's comment, anything contrary belief is also an opinion.  Allow the fans to speculate in this matter because the hard stance that it is not possible that GN'R is involved is ignorant. 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: March 28, 2008, 04:12:21 PM »

Allow the fans to speculate in this matter because the hard stance that it is not possible that GN'R is involved is ignorant. 

It must really suck when people assume you're a liar.  Call it ignorance, whatever else, the guy said he had no idea, so I think he had no idea.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #363 on: March 28, 2008, 04:17:18 PM »

Allow the fans to speculate in this matter because the hard stance that it is not possible that GN'R is involved is ignorant. 

It must really suck when people assume you're a liar.  Call it ignorance, whatever else, the guy said he had no idea, so I think he had no idea.

Just been thinking about this from different angles.  I'm not calling out Axl as a liar per se.  Its all about hype and sometimes it is necessary to lie a little.  I wouldn't hold it against Axl if he is lieing, as a matter of fact I would completely understand and agree with it.  Got to read between the lines a bit.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #364 on: March 28, 2008, 04:22:20 PM »

Let me pose a question regarding whether GN'R was involved in the promo.  Lets say they were.  To do this promo it would then either be the start of GN'R promising to release CD this year or a tease which the fans wouldn't take kindly too.  Instead, they get to deny involvement yet generate interest without promising anything.  Its all tied together in my opinion and despite Axl's comment, anything contrary belief is also an opinion.  Allow the fans to speculate in this matter because the hard stance that it is not possible that GN'R is involved is ignorant. 

Correct, it is plausible that it could be denied for many reasons. There are too many variables and to hit anything with a hard-line attitude is usually a bad idea anyway. You can't ever believe everything anyone says no matter who they are especially when it comes to business.

Yes, I'll probably get all kinds of flack from those that blindly follow Axl as if he's God but what I am saying is simply true. Nobody, no matter what their contacts to the band, can know for sure. These people have just been told something. It's probably the truth, you could put a percentage on it but it does not negate the possibility that something else is true.

For instance, I could tell you: 'I was with Hillary Clinton in Fallujah once and we were under heavy sniper fire but I didn't have time to care because I was too pissed about there being no greeting ceremony upon our arrival' doesn't make it true....gooood grief  Tongue

~sHiNe oN~
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #365 on: March 28, 2008, 04:25:38 PM »

Axl also said he is "looking forward" to working with the new management team. OMGOMG That means they haven't even started working together yet, so how could they have been involved with the Dr. P "promo"? Hahaha....

This may have been mentioned before... Long John Silver's ran some promo where everyone on Earth was entitled to a free jumbo shrimp if NASA found evidence that an ocean once existed on Mars. I don't think they got permission from the President of Mars or from the Shrimp King, but they went and printed posters anyway....
mcalldp
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #366 on: March 28, 2008, 04:37:47 PM »

Axl also said he is "looking forward" to working with the new management team. OMGOMG That means they haven't even started working together yet, so how could they have been involved with the Dr. P "promo"? Hahaha....

This may have been mentioned before... Long John Silver's ran some promo where everyone on Earth was entitled to a free jumbo shrimp if NASA found evidence that an ocean once existed on Mars. I don't think they got permission from the President of Mars or from the Shrimp King, but they went and printed posters anyway....

I don't think anyone has taken away the possibility that they acted on their own or your opinion that they did. Why would they need permission? The sentence you quoted could be taken several ways and doesn't negate the possibility of some behind the scene deal having gone down. The new management team would not have to have been the ones to set this up, plenty was done before they were around. For those that have the opinion that it's something that was planned there is plenty of logic behind that argument as well if even the fact that GNR is so void of regular news and this is all happening at the same time as new management and the record being handed in previously etc... I don't see a valid argument to stop anyone from believing either way.

~sHiNe oN~
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #367 on: March 28, 2008, 04:58:13 PM »

i had nothing much to say Wink i basicallyl lost interest while i was typing... i think most of this debate is pointless.

Personally, I think Dr. P acted alone and used a somewhat common strategy of choosing an easy bet. Somewhere in Dr. P HQ, enough people probably said "while we're at it, who wouldn't like another GNR album this year?" Sure, if enough people here on this board were quick enough to worry about a legal reaction, then it seems likely that Dr. P's legal department may have at least tried to get approval from someone on the GNR side.

Dr. P acted alone? Cool, nice work, Dr. Pepper.
Dr. P worked with GNR on this? Cool, nice work Dr. Pepper... AND GNR..
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #368 on: March 28, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »

i had nothing much to say Wink i basicallyl lost interest while i was typing... i think most of this debate is pointless.

Personally, I think Dr. P acted alone
and used a somewhat common strategy of choosing an easy bet. Somewhere in Dr. P HQ, enough people probably said "while we're at it, who wouldn't like another GNR album this year?" Sure, if enough people here on this board were quick enough to worry about a legal reaction, then it seems likely that Dr. P's legal department may have at least tried to get approval from someone on the GNR side.

Dr. P acted alone? Cool, nice work, Dr. Pepper.
Dr. P worked with GNR on this? Cool, nice work Dr. Pepper... AND GNR..

No way Dr. Pepper acted alone. 

Did you check the grassy knoll?  Some bystanders said they saw Diet Dr. Pepper lurking there.  Second shooter, I say.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #369 on: March 28, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »

You know what?  If I was in charge of Dr. Pepper, I'd damn well do something just like this if there was *any* chance it would help get the long-awaited (understatement) album released by my absolute favorite band of all-time.  Sure, it's a stunt, and the publicity would be a bonus, but still.  A cool (and refreshing) gesture, in my opinion.

I just can't imagine anyone in the GnR camp saying, "Dammit.  After thirteen years of struggling with this material and this album, it's time to take drastic measures.  Somebody get the Dr. Pepper people on the phone now!"

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #370 on: March 29, 2008, 05:49:37 AM »

when it rains its going to poor

and this with the new management team ,Will hopefully bring chinese democracy to the world this year...

I think when we finally see axls baby, its giong to be huge, and its going to make its mark on this world, in a very epic way...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #371 on: March 29, 2008, 09:33:46 AM »

You know what?  If I was in charge of Dr. Pepper, I'd damn well do something just like this if there was *any* chance it would help get the long-awaited (understatement) album released by my absolute favorite band of all-time.  Sure, it's a stunt, and the publicity would be a bonus, but still.  A cool (and refreshing) gesture, in my opinion.

I just can't imagine anyone in the GnR camp saying, "Dammit.  After thirteen years of struggling with this material and this album, it's time to take drastic measures.  Somebody get the Dr. Pepper people on the phone now!"

No but perhaps Dr. Pepper got GN'R on the phone to get the go ahead or GN'R has a ton of promotional ideas planned and this was just the first.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #372 on: March 29, 2008, 10:43:34 AM »

New York Post >> Page Six
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03292008/gossip/pagesix/willing_to_share_103982.htm

WILLING TO SHARE

March 29, 2008 -- AXL Rose was startled to read on Page Six this week that Dr Pepper had offered a free can of soda to every man, woman and child in the US if only he would release his long-awaited "Chinese Democracy" album before the end of the year. "We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr Pepper . . . This came totally out of the blue," Axl said in a handwritten statement. But the Guns N' Roses frontman doesn't agree with the exclusion from the soda pop offer of Slash and Buckethead - two guitarists who have feuded with him. "As some of Buckethead's performances are on our album, I'll share my Dr Pepper with him."

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #373 on: March 29, 2008, 11:03:41 AM »

willing to share  beer
ta for sharing.

No way Dr. Pepper acted alone. 

Did you check the grassy knoll?  Some bystanders said they saw Diet Dr. Pepper lurking there.  Second shooter, I say.

are you sure the bystanders weren't  Pepsi max and coke zero? If so, sgt pepper said not to listen to them.

isn't it amazing?
theoretical some won't ever take axl's words on trust unless he says 'fuck off'.
Is that because in their world no human can ever be sincere?

Not only dr pepper but also Fernando says that
GNR had nothing to do with the DP idea. That was DP all on their own.

They had no reason to make things unnecessarily complicated and troublesome as some people do.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #374 on: March 29, 2008, 01:33:30 PM »

From TMZ

TMZ spoke to media reps for Dr Pepper -- they confirmed the authenticity of the offer 100%. ok

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #375 on: March 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM »

From TMZ

TMZ spoke to media reps for Dr Pepper -- they confirmed the authenticity of the offer 100%. ok

Thankz Me friend FM.

Excelent News.

beer

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #376 on: March 29, 2008, 02:21:14 PM »

When CD is released they will probaly have a voucher in the cd that you can take to the store and get a DR PEPPER.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #377 on: March 29, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »

the dp press release said everybody would get a DP, not everyone who bought a allbum
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #378 on: March 29, 2008, 04:10:55 PM »

Yahoo Music Blog...
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/13623/march-24-31-democracy-at-work

Speaking of unreleased albums, Guns N' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy isn't out yet. That, of course, is hardly news. But this week's GNR news story, while seemingly a hoax of Diddy-ish proportions, is in fact true: The manufacturers of Dr Pepper soda have offered to give every single American citizen a free soft drink if the long-delayed GNR album comes out any time in 2008. This just may be the best instance of soda/pop synergy since "I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke," or at least since Suicidal Tendencies begged for "just a Pepsi" in the punk classic "Institutionalized."

But fans of either Guns N' Roses and Dr Pepper shouldn't break out their stereos and/or straws just yet...because, it should be noted, Axl Rose and his many interchangeable hired Guns have been working on various versions of Chinese Democracy since 1994. So if you're really thirsty for a free Pepper, it's probably best to hit the unlimited-refill drink counter at your local fast-food joint instead. And if you're hungering for some GNR, just satisfy your appetite with, well, Appetite For Destruction.

Oh, come on, Axl...wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too? Get that album out already!

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #379 on: March 29, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »

I can't believe how easy it seems to be for these website to come up with cheesy joke after cheesy joke.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: