Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 05:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release  (Read 172062 times)
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #380 on: March 29, 2008, 05:00:21 PM »

I can't believe how easy it seems to be for these website to come up with cheesy joke after cheesy joke.
what else would you expect for a bunch of incompetent arseholes to spend their time doin  yes

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #381 on: March 29, 2008, 05:50:12 PM »

When CD is released they will probaly have a voucher in the cd that you can take to the store and get a DR PEPPER.

That's one theory.

But then people would probably complain about having to buy something in order to get their free can.

The press release didn't specify that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lakersaregreat
Ever get the feeling you've seen me here before?
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #382 on: March 29, 2008, 06:50:11 PM »

When CD is released they will probaly have a voucher in the cd that you can take to the store and get a DR PEPPER.

That's one theory.

But then people would probably complain about having to buy something in order to get their free can.

/jarmo

Not necessarily. Having a coupon in the cd booklet can be one of several ways that people can get a coupon for a free dr. pepper. Thing is, people wouldnt complain much anyway because the average non-gnr fan wouldnt even pay much attention to a free dr.pepper in relationship to the release of the album.

Drink n' drive white lightning, faster baby...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2008, 07:24:18 PM »

That's one theory.

/jarmo

Yes, people would complain about that and rightfully so.  The press release stated everyone in America, not everyone who buys the album.  That would be a horrible idea to backtrack like that and it would greatly lessen the impact of this promotion.

Ali
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #384 on: March 29, 2008, 08:09:21 PM »

That's one theory.

/jarmo

Yes, people would complain about that and rightfully so.  The press release stated everyone in America, not everyone who buys the album.  That would be a horrible idea to backtrack like that and it would greatly lessen the impact of this promotion.

Ali

Maybe have a thing thats on a can of Dr Pepper say on the bottom of the inside (so you'll have to drink it first) say something like "winner: free copy of CHINESE DEMOCRACY" or "winner: $1 off your purchase of CHINESE DEMOCRACY" or "loser" or something along those lines.

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #385 on: March 29, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »

I mean Guns N Roses is a big name and if everybody would get something free maybe they might be curious to buy the album.  Oh gee I get a free Dr Pepper if this album comes out !! "I might see what the whole fuss is about and purchase it" seeing that this album is long overdue and there's this mystic I think some non fans and casual GNR fans might just buy it.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #386 on: March 29, 2008, 08:37:17 PM »

Obviously Dr Pepper has to send out a new press release reminding people of the free soda offer when the album is out. I mean, people forget fast.

That'll promote the album a bit. 

The best part about that is that GN'R, or the record company, doesn't have to do anything....  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #387 on: March 29, 2008, 08:42:18 PM »

I just bought a 2 liter of Dr Pepper and listening to Guns N Roses right now  ok

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #388 on: March 29, 2008, 09:40:15 PM »

My take on it is ... when CD is released, you'll be able to get a free Dr. Pepper regardless of whether you bough CD or not. 

HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #389 on: March 29, 2008, 10:20:34 PM »

That's one theory.

/jarmo
It also wouldn't be a good way to promote. Who cares that they get a 50 cent can of soda for free with buying a CD? Wouldn't make a splash in the news, nor would it be any incentive to buy it. However, giving everyone a free can whether they buy CD or not, that's great promotion.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #390 on: March 29, 2008, 10:26:36 PM »

Obviously Dr Pepper has to send out a new press release reminding people of the free soda offer when the album is out. I mean, people forget fast.

That'll promote the album a bit. 

The best part about that is that GN'R, or the record company, doesn't have to do anything....  Cheesy

/jarmo

Such a huge, blanket, nation-wide promotion will be ALL over the news in the U.S.  Nothing like this has ever happened before, should it happen.

It would be huge, free promotion.  This is a golden opportunity.  I hope everything lines up so they can take advantage of it.

Ali
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #391 on: March 29, 2008, 11:07:32 PM »

I bought a 12-pack of Dr. Pepper today. I forgot how delicious it was.  peace
cineater
Legend

« Reply #392 on: March 30, 2008, 12:03:45 AM »

/jarmo

Oh I don't know about not having to do anything.  I think they are kind of obligated to repay the favor.  Obligated may not be the right word but I think they will show their graditute.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #393 on: March 30, 2008, 12:35:02 AM »

I am waiting for Pepsi to make an offer... Free Pepsi or Mountain Dew... something like that... Imagine if multiple companies made that offer just to create a media wave for themselves while promoting CD. ..
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #394 on: March 30, 2008, 07:48:57 AM »

/jarmo

Oh I don't know about not having to do anything.  I think they are kind of obligated to repay the favor.  Obligated may not be the right word but I think they will show their graditute.

Just the fact that Axl talked about Dr. Pepper and it was posted on every major music website (and it will be on most if not all music magazines next month or week) should be enough for them...

deep pocketz
Headliner

Lagada

« Reply #395 on: March 30, 2008, 08:35:34 AM »

For some reason this story actaully gives me some hope. ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #396 on: March 30, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »

I am waiting for Pepsi to make an offer... Free Pepsi or Mountain Dew... something like that... Imagine if multiple companies made that offer just to create a media wave for themselves while promoting CD. ..

Join hands and celebrate chinese democracy! Cheesy
you hate coke? Huh

Obligated may not be the right word but I think they will show their graditute.

everybody in the camp will most likely thank dr pepper for a free can like anyone in the us will.   beer

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #397 on: March 30, 2008, 11:02:14 AM »

/jarmo

As it was pointed out, they already did.

Not only did Axl's comment make the story bigger news, but he also thanks Dr Pepper for their support in the press release.

/jarmo

acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #398 on: March 30, 2008, 11:07:27 AM »

I'm not sure why everyone here is so worried about Dr. Pepper's index returns.  They made the bet...it's their loss if it pans out.  And I guarantee you, they've already got a plan if it does happen.  They'll probably have a "Dr. Pepper" Day after the album is out.  Download a free coupon from their website (and I'm sure you'll have to fill out information for their research) and then take that coupon to a market for one free can.  How many people are going to drive to the market to get one free can of DP?  You'll spend more in gas than the soda's worth.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #399 on: March 30, 2008, 11:08:51 AM »

I wonder whats in store for us all on Tuesday.... im curious to see just how far Dr Pepper push and market this!

Jonx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: