Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 02:32:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr. Pepper's Chinese Democracy press release  (Read 172055 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #420 on: March 31, 2008, 02:45:41 PM »

Thanks for posting this HBK. ok

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #421 on: March 31, 2008, 03:26:28 PM »

Kudos to HBK + GNRdaily. Thanks for that!
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #422 on: March 31, 2008, 08:09:12 PM »

Great interview, thanks.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #423 on: April 01, 2008, 12:34:04 AM »

I think this mixed with new mgmt is very cool

It's finally going to happen people.

All these frustrating years of waiting are soon to be over

All I can say is "Bring it on Axl"
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #424 on: April 01, 2008, 12:36:41 AM »

Maybe there is no link. Or maybe the new management knew, and someone from Dr Pepper said something they shouldn't have. This reminds me of Harley Davidson releasing their ad onto their website complete with the song Better. Mistake? or deliberate error?

Maybe its all just part of CD promotion

I bet ya' ten bucks that this is true
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #425 on: April 01, 2008, 03:16:29 AM »

Axl says he knows nothing about Dr. Pepper....do you believe him?  I mean if it was part of promotion I think both sides would confirm that something was going to happen.....
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #426 on: April 01, 2008, 08:08:26 AM »

Axl says he knows nothing about Dr. Pepper....do you believe him?  I mean if it was part of promotion I think both sides would confirm that something was going to happen.....

Go back some pages and you will see this was discussed by wannabe lawyers in length and detail... we all dropped dead out of boredom in the process  peace

This signature is very funny.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #427 on: April 01, 2008, 08:52:45 AM »

Axl says he knows nothing about Dr. Pepper....do you believe him?

That's not exactly what he said was it?

He said he didn't know about the promotion and the band wasn't involved.

Which has been confirmed by the PR people as a fact.

I'm sure he knows about Dr Pepper though. Even I do and I'm not even living in the US.  hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 10:47:14 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Sickthings3
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #428 on: April 01, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »

Why is it so hard to believe that Dr. Pepper did this all on their own, Axl heard about it (just like everyone else) and thought, "Cool, I like that" and replied publicly about it? Is it that difficult to believe that Axl is just a normal guy with a sense of humor? It's been proven time and time again that Axl isn't the Hollywood "I'm better then you" type, he just has his beliefs and fights for them.

And, knowing the way most people on this board and most GNR fans feel, why is it impossible that Dr. Pepper is sincere in this and that it MUST be an elaborate plan with Axl and GNR mngmt in cahoots or an April Fools Joke?
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #429 on: April 01, 2008, 11:03:20 AM »

Why is it so hard to believe that Dr. Pepper did this all on their own, Axl heard about it (just like everyone else) and thought, "Cool, I like that" and replied publicly about it? Is it that difficult to believe that Axl is just a normal guy with a sense of humor? It's been proven time and time again that Axl isn't the Hollywood "I'm better then you" type, he just has his beliefs and fights for them.

And, knowing the way most people on this board and most GNR fans feel, why is it impossible that Dr. Pepper is sincere in this and that it MUST be an elaborate plan with Axl and GNR mngmt in cahoots or an April Fools Joke?

Oh cool, Cahoot (a part of the Santandar Group who own the Abbey Bank) are on board too.  Wink

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #430 on: April 01, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »

This Dr. Pepper thing makes me chuckle. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but the days of Marlboro and Jack Daniels sponsored tours for the most dangerous band in the world days would seem to be history. This all feels a little too corporate for my likeing, but if it leads to the release of CD, so be it. I just think that artists spend far too much time pimping shitty products these days instead of focusing on thier art. If I see another Kings of Leon car commercial, I'll puke. Easy for me to say I guess, bands struggle, but in my opinion Madonna doesn't need to be doing Vidal Sassoon commercials.

If GN'R has a Dr. Pepper sponsored tour, they should donate some of the proceeds to some Diabetese related charity.  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:13:27 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #431 on: April 01, 2008, 11:22:33 AM »

I'd be willing to bet that any person (this isn't directed at anyone in particular) who complains about corporate sponsorship also downloads music...... they gotta make the money back somewhere.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #432 on: April 01, 2008, 11:39:45 AM »

Axl says he knows nothing about Dr. Pepper....do you believe him? 

Yes.  His statement makes that pretty clear. yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Atillla
Banned
Rocker

The HUNter

« Reply #433 on: April 01, 2008, 12:00:49 PM »

This Dr. Pepper thing makes me chuckle. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but the days of Marlboro and Jack Daniels sponsored tours for the most dangerous band in the world days would seem to be history. This all feels a little too corporate for my likeing

Marlboro and Jack Daniels are as corporate as Pepper.. the difference is that Pepper won't give you cancer or make you kill someone while driving under the influence of it....it still tastes like @ss though peace

All this posing stuff by rockbands, pretending to be die-hard alcoholics and drug addicts... it's just dumb, especially considering most rockers are the biggest pussies to begin with   ok

This signature is very funny.
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #434 on: April 01, 2008, 12:11:03 PM »

I'd be willing to bet that any person (this isn't directed at anyone in particular) who complains about corporate sponsorship also downloads music...... they gotta make the money back somewhere.

Touche!  Grin

This Dr. Pepper thing makes me chuckle. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, but the days of Marlboro and Jack Daniels sponsored tours for the most dangerous band in the world days would seem to be history. This all feels a little too corporate for my likeing

Marlboro and Jack Daniels are as corporate as Pepper .. the difference is that Pepper won't give you cancer or make you kill someone while driving under the influence of it....it still tastes like @ss though peace

All this posing stuff by rockbands, pretending to be die-hard alcoholics and drug addicts... it's just dumb, especially considering most rockers are the biggest pussies to begin with   ok

Good point, however, I do believe GN'R were living as wild a lifestyle as most any band with very few exceptions. If you doubt Adler's use of drugs you may be the most optomistic person in history.

Edit: Alcohol does not "make" you kill people. Reminds me of my favorite quote:

Handguns don't kill people, people with handguns kill people.  hihi
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:14:57 PM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #435 on: April 01, 2008, 01:28:05 PM »

I think grog mug wanted to say "do you not believe him?"

Yep and dr pepper wouldn't have left out bh and might well have begged the release from the label as well if it initially had been a part of cd promotion.

Obviously they were fans out of contact with the gnr camp and decided to go for bloke combining pleasure with business. they wouldn't have made a press release at their official site to make the financial news if they hadn't been dead serious.
And this time it was timely it appears.

More proof that Tommy's right in saying Axl's incredibly loyal and totally has your back if you're straight with him and are loyal back.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:31:13 PM by ppbebe » Logged
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #436 on: April 01, 2008, 01:46:41 PM »

With the new management in place, with any luck CD will be out before the end of 2008.
I cannot see Dr Pepper giving every US citizen a free can of drink. Maybe they could make 1 million, or 10 millions cans available for 1 day only as part of Dr Pepper promo.

It does seem abit coincidental that after months of silence, two GN'R news stories crop up within days of each other. Maybe there have been some real cash flow problems inside GN'R. Maybe Dr Pepper are to sponser the next GN'R tour, and not have to give away a free can of pop to all of America, as they know CD is coming in 2008  ok

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr Pepper with our album "Chinese Democracy," as for us, this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others, we are unaware of such at this time. - Axl

Maybe there is no link. Or maybe the new management knew, and someone from Dr Pepper said something they shouldn't have. This reminds me of Harley Davidson releasing their ad onto their website complete with the song Better. Mistake? or deliberate error?

Maybe its all just part of CD promotion  peace

I'm confused...didn't Dr Pepper say they would GIVE away Dr Pepper's if CD came out?  So if Dr Pepper knows CD is coming out, why would that change the fact that they would still have to give Dr Peppers away?  Just because they know that CD is coming out doesn't mean that they WOULDNT have to give away Dr Peppers

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #437 on: April 01, 2008, 01:47:50 PM »

Isn't that an April Fools joke?

What leaks??
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #438 on: April 01, 2008, 01:56:36 PM »

Isn't that an April Fools joke?

What? The Dr Pepper promotion? Not that I'm aware of.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #439 on: April 01, 2008, 02:04:49 PM »

No, not the Dr Pepper thing as a whole, but the explict comments about "buy x cans of Dr Pepper and you'll get Chi Dem on CD".  The distribution of Chi Dem based on GNR Dr P credits.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I was referring to a different Dr P/GNR story. 

What leaks??
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: