Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:12:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Working on Solo Album - Release Date April 6th  (Read 401375 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1820 on: March 11, 2010, 12:41:22 AM »

Sounds like a solid line up!

I haven't heard of any of those guys aside form Myles and Slash.
I was thinking he'd put together an all star lineup.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1821 on: March 11, 2010, 01:37:34 AM »

Touring Lineup Annouced
Ladies & gentleman, the line up for the tour, besides myself, is:
Myles Kennedy (vocals & guitar), Bobby Schneck (rhythm guitar), Dave Henning (bass) & Brent Fitz (drums). Check it out at a @%$&?! venue near you!

I'm still waiting for confirmation on ALL the tour dates. I don't want to just post some, so just hang in there a little longer.

Also, we're getting traction on the radio with "By the sword" featuring Andrew Stockdale, so keep hounding your local radio stations. I guess it's working.

Thank you,
  Slash iiiii|; )

Bobby Toured with Weezer once as well... Also did some stuff for Audio Slave and filled in for Aerosmith when Brad Whitford was injured.  He also appeared on Gilby Clarke's "Rubber".  Brent Fitz played with Alice Cooper, Theory of a Deadman Steelheart, John Corabi's old band Union and some other bands... So these guys aren't newcomers by any means.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1822 on: March 11, 2010, 01:42:10 AM »

* Slash - Guitar
* Myles Kennedy (ALTER BRIDGE) - Vocals, Guitar
* Bobby Schneck (WEEZER, GREEN DAY) - Rhythm Guitar
* Dave Henning (DOUG PINNICK, BIG WRECK) - Bass
* Brent Fitz (ALICE COOPER, VINCE NEIL) - Drums

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=136472

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1823 on: March 11, 2010, 02:03:00 AM »

Touring Lineup Annouced
Ladies & gentleman, the line up for the tour, besides myself, is:
Myles Kennedy (vocals & guitar), Bobby Schneck (rhythm guitar), Dave Henning (bass) & Brent Fitz (drums). Check it out at a @%$&?! venue near you!

I'm still waiting for confirmation on ALL the tour dates. I don't want to just post some, so just hang in there a little longer.

Also, we're getting traction on the radio with "By the sword" featuring Andrew Stockdale, so keep hounding your local radio stations. I guess it's working.

Thank you,
  Slash iiiii|; )

Bobby Toured with Weezer once as well... Also did some stuff for Audio Slave and filled in for Aerosmith when Brad Whitford was injured.  He also appeared on Gilby Clarke's "Rubber".  Brent Fitz played with Alice Cooper, Theory of a Deadman Steelheart, John Corabi's old band Union and some other bands... So these guys aren't newcomers by any means.

That's good to hear, I'm hoping they'll do justice to all the music they plan on playing.

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1824 on: March 11, 2010, 03:11:41 AM »

That's good to hear, I'm hoping they'll do justice to all the music they plan on playing.

I wouldn't worry about the rest of the backing band. Lead guitar and vocals are the 2 things most noticeable at a rock show, and Slash won't be covering anyone but himself, and Myles Kennedy is almost in his stratosphere in terms of vocal range so doing justice to whatever they want to play won't be an issue. Finding a competent studio musician to play rhythm guitar and drums is not that difficult, as neither of those stick out the way singing and lead guitar do to the average concert goer.

Myles and Slash will sound amazing, and that will be enough to carry the day regardless of who is behind them.   
sandman
Legend

« Reply #1825 on: March 11, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »

AC!!!! from Borgata.com....

SLASH  May 22 
Ticket Pricing: $39.50
Tickets On Sale 03/13/10  THE MUSIC BOX
9:00 PM

from ticketmaster....
May 2010
22 or 23 - Columbus, OH - Columbus Crew Stadium (Rock on the Range)

sweet, i'm there

didn't think I'd get to see this show till fall!! hihi

i know!! i was thinking September at the earliest.

i was just checking to see what shows were coming to the Borgata, and i almost fell out of my seat when i saw Slash listed there.

i can't wait!! i really like the Borgata. VERY reasonably priced tix as well - especially for that venue.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1826 on: March 11, 2010, 08:58:14 AM »

how big is the venue, capacity wise?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1827 on: March 11, 2010, 09:32:45 AM »

From wikipedia

Entertainment

The 2,400 seat Borgata Event Center has been host to the likes of Mariah Carey, Jim Norton (comedian), 311, Avril Lavigne, Journey, Artie Lange, Depeche Mode, Pearl Jam, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Sting, Def Leppard, Carly Simon, Stevie Nicks, Kelly Clarkson, Idina Menzel, Aerosmith, Lenny Kravitz, Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Jovi and New Kids On The Block. The Music Box, a 1,000-seat theater hosts more intimate events and is home to Borgata's nightly Comedy Club. Live bands and pulse-pounding beats can be found at Borgata's four nightlife hotspots: Gypsy Bar, B Bar, MIXX, and mur.mur.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1828 on: March 11, 2010, 10:44:41 AM »

From wikipedia

Entertainment

The 2,400 seat Borgata Event Center has been host to the likes of Mariah Carey, Jim Norton (comedian), 311, Avril Lavigne, Journey, Artie Lange, Depeche Mode, Pearl Jam, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, Sting, Def Leppard, Carly Simon, Stevie Nicks, Kelly Clarkson, Idina Menzel, Aerosmith, Lenny Kravitz, Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Jovi and New Kids On The Block. The Music Box, a 1,000-seat theater hosts more intimate events and is home to Borgata's nightly Comedy Club. Live bands and pulse-pounding beats can be found at Borgata's four nightlife hotspots: Gypsy Bar, B Bar, MIXX, and mur.mur.

Thanks, i was hoping the venue's would be small!  I love getting so close to the band without having to queue for hours lol. 

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1829 on: March 11, 2010, 01:36:50 PM »

AC!!!! from Borgata.com....

SLASH  May 22 
Ticket Pricing: $39.50
Tickets On Sale 03/13/10  THE MUSIC BOX
9:00 PM

from ticketmaster....
May 2010
22 or 23 - Columbus, OH - Columbus Crew Stadium (Rock on the Range)

sweet, i'm there

didn't think I'd get to see this show till fall!! hihi

i know!! i was thinking September at the earliest.

i was just checking to see what shows were coming to the Borgata, and i almost fell out of my seat when i saw Slash listed there.

i can't wait!! i really like the Borgata. VERY reasonably priced tix as well - especially for that venue.

fyi, the online box ooffice opens at 11am and tix are on sale sat!!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1830 on: March 11, 2010, 01:57:23 PM »

I think Ozzy might have done it if he didn't have his own stuff going on. But yeah I was a little supprised that Slash didn't get some of the players to come on the tour.

But yeah I am happy with this line up it would have been cool to have Steven Adler touring with Slash again I would love to see that show!!!!

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #1831 on: March 11, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »

I think Ozzy might have done it if he didn't have his own stuff going on. But yeah I was a little supprised that Slash didn't get some of the players to come on the tour.

But yeah I am happy with this line up it would have been cool to have Steven Adler touring with Slash again I would love to see that show!!!!

Joe

to get an artist to come in to record 1 song for his solo album was a bitch and a half with contract issues and all that nonsense.  To be able to schedule a tour around peoples other schedules with their own bands and all the legal issues would be damn near impossible.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1832 on: March 11, 2010, 04:05:56 PM »

I agree-he's probably going to be touring for at least 6 months-to assemble an all star lineup would be asking other people to put projects and touring on hold for their primary bands to tour around his album-just does not make any sense-I mean, are you going to ask Flea to stop work on the chili peppers album to support Slash's album? Let's be reasonable

libertad
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #1833 on: March 11, 2010, 04:13:27 PM »

http://www.livenation.com/artist/slash-tickets  -Borgata is a great place to see ashow! beer
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1834 on: March 15, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »

On the latest episode of "That Metal Show", Eddie Trunk chose "Slash" as his pick of the week.  He mentioned how it probably wouldn't be out by the time the episode aired but Slash had played him 5 songs from the album and it was a wide range, but had that killer Slash sound.

Guests on the show were Scott Ian and his wife Pearl (Meatloaf's daughter).  On the back of her new CD there's a Velvet Revolver mention.  I guess, they toured with VR just before the band imploded.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #1835 on: March 15, 2010, 11:51:50 AM »

On the latest episode of "That Metal Show", Eddie Trunk chose "Slash" as his pick of the week.  He mentioned how it probably wouldn't be out by the time the episode aired but Slash had played him 5 songs from the album and it was a wide range, but had that killer Slash sound.

Guests on the show were Scott Ian and his wife Pearl (Meatloaf's daughter).  On the back of her new CD there's a Velvet Revolver mention.  I guess, they toured with VR just before the band imploded.

Not too familiar with Eddie Trunk in this part of the world.  Is Pick of the week a good thing?   hihi

Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #1836 on: March 15, 2010, 11:52:29 AM »

is there some web site where I can see that epidose, I mean, beside youtube.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1837 on: March 15, 2010, 10:12:04 PM »

is there some web site where I can see that epidose, I mean, beside youtube.
You can view the episodes from the shows website, although the latest episode isn't up just yet.  The last episode on the site, season 4 episode 4, starts off with the guys talking about GNR, in case you're interested.

http://www.vh1classic.com/browse/video/109196/That_Metal_Show/index.jhtml

The "pick of the week" is just a feature they do on the show.  Every week they choose something music related, a CD, DVD, book, etc.  This week each of the 3 co-hosts made their own pick, so there were actually 3 picks of the week.  Eddie's choice was Slash's album.  The show was probably taped just after Eddie went and visited Slash and listened to some tracks, so it was fresh in his mind.  I wouldn't say it's a big deal, but it's certainly a positive thing.  All those in the studio audience who might not have known Slash had an album coming out are now at least aware.

Also, tonight on Eddie's Sirius/XM radio show he played "By The Sword" for the first time.  He followed that up with "Beggars and Hangers On".  He didn't really comment much on the single, he said that he thought the first Snakepit album was better than either of the Velvet Revolver albums.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1838 on: March 15, 2010, 11:19:19 PM »

Not too familiar with Eddie Trunk in this part of the world.  Is Pick of the week a good thing?   hihi

Eddie Trunck is the guy whose radio show Axl stopped by in 2006 and hung out for a couple of hours w sebatien bach
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #1839 on: March 15, 2010, 11:20:12 PM »

I agree-he's probably going to be touring for at least 6 months-to assemble an all star lineup would be asking other people to put projects and touring on hold for their primary bands to tour around his album-just does not make any sense-I mean, are you going to ask Flea to stop work on the chili peppers album to support Slash's album? Let's be reasonable

Flea only plays on one song right? I wouldn't expect him to tour on only one song, but what about the bassist that appears on the actual album - Chris Chaney, along with Josh Freese on drums?
Those guys are more well known than the guys Slash has picked.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: