Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Adler "addled" again
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adler "addled" again  (Read 21388 times)
johnboy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: June 15, 2006, 09:44:30 AM »

From UK gossip email Popbitch...

Guns n' Roses hit the headlines last week for
    their delayed London gigs, onstage oxygen
    tanks and much partying. But their behaviour
    had nothing on former drummer Steven Adler's
    recent UK tour with his new band Adler's
    Appetite. He was supported by rocker
    Adam Bomb who claims:

* Adler used to borrow Bomb's phone to call
    his mother, "screaming at her like a child"
    and accusing her of wanting him dead so she
    could get his money.

* Hurt his wrist when he tried to inject cocaine
    into it but completely missed the vein.

* Smoked crack at his gig at Camden Underworld,
    then offered a crew member 200 pounds to
    beat up the dealer to get more.

* Drank two bottles of Jagermeister every day.

* Got thrown out of a 24 hour Tesco superstore
    at 3am for refusing to wear shoes.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:48:56 AM »

This be old news.

Full interview
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 09:52:53 AM »

^ altough he smoked pot and drank Jagermeister the rest isn't true. That stuff about injecting cocain into the wrist missing the vain is bullshit aswell... remember there was a copy of the doctor/hospital status released on the internet about his injuries to proove it back then.

You can say what you want about Adler, but Adam Bomb is not a reliable source. He's a sneaky little fucker who takes advantage of people, ripping them off. And this is also claimed by the tribute band musicians who played/hung out with him. Remember how he said Izzy called him and wanted to see how Steven was doing, he said Izzy wanted to check out Steven on behalve of Axl for a GN'R reunion. I think that says it all Roll Eyes

And I don't understand why you post that shit here...
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 02:54:26 PM »

Tell Adam Bomb to bring back the fuckin cowbell and stop stealing shit...

That won't make him famous...

Adler might have a problem with his health (which makes him act like an asshole) but he's not a bad person.

Adam Bomb is bad.

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 03:56:05 PM »

adler will never learn

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 11:35:56 AM »

I am amazed each and every time IzzyDutch jumps to Steven's defense.  It is quite obvious that, if he knows Steven at all, it is on a very superficial level.  Steven has those knots all over his wrists from missing when he was shooting up and the one displayed in the photos alleging he closed his wrist in a van door looks identical to his other missed veins.  Steven is only a "nice" guy if you hang with him for 2 or 3 minutes.  Any kind of long term time spent with him and he will steal from you, he becomes incredibly violent and he always, and I mean always, calls his mommy and either begs her for money or accuses her of wanting him dead so she and his brothers can get his money - which frankly is not much. 

Steven WAS a great drummer, he is now just an egocentric, down and out addict.  I can't imagine any musician with the smallest amount of self-esteem wanting to play with Steven, its just an invitation for disaster. 

And please, don't get all up in my face saying I have a grudge against Steven - the truth is, I know Steven and have first-hand, long-term experience being with him. 

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 02:16:02 PM »

^ And I'm not amazed you reply in a SA topic again. You've got 28 posts and all of them are posted every time Steven gets badmouthed. You're bitter about him and it's pretty obvious.
Origen
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 05:07:53 PM »

I'm sure Adler got up to some? "fun" on his European tour, but the a quarter (maybe even more) of what Adam Bomb is saying is probably False, especially becasue it came from Adam Bombs mouth.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 05:10:19 PM by Origen » Logged
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:24:32 AM »

^ And I'm not amazed you reply in a SA topic again. You've got 28 posts and all of them are posted every time Steven gets badmouthed. You're bitter about him and it's pretty obvious.

I post about Steven because I have personal knowledge of what he is like - its not a guess, its not conjecture - it obviously is not what you want to know - you want to believe he is something he is not - oh well. 
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 12:44:50 PM »

I post about Steven because I have personal knowledge of what he is like - its not a guess, its not conjecture - it obviously is not what you want to know - you want to believe he is something he is not - oh well.?

You have no idea what I believe cause unlike you stated I do not jump to Steven's defense everytime. For example his decisions early this year ruined a good future for his band. But you on the other hand are very bitter about him cause of personal reasons which I think you should keep to yourself because it's private. And it seems to me every person who's been treated badly by a person is likely to avoid that person and not talk about him/her trying to leave it all behind, but not you.. Wether you like Steven or not Adam Bomb is a nasty manipulate lier who can't be trusted.

And anyways, this is a music forum/section and that's what counts really. Neither these stupid gossip posts from Metal Sludge or your private details about what has been done to you (if it's true, cause this is the internet) belong here.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:46:29 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 01:08:13 PM »

I post about Steven because I have personal knowledge of what he is like - its not a guess, its not conjecture - it obviously is not what you want to know - you want to believe he is something he is not - oh well. 

You have no idea what I believe cause unlike you stated I do not jump to Steven's defense everytime. For example his decisions early this year ruined a good future for his band. But you on the other hand are very bitter about him cause of personal reasons which I think you should keep to yourself because it's private. And it seems to me every person who's been treated badly by a person is likely to avoid that person and not talk about him/her trying to leave it all behind, but not you.. Wether you like Steven or not Adam Bomb is a nasty manipulate lier who can't be trusted.

And anyways, this is a music forum/section and that's what counts really. Neither these stupid gossip posts from Metal Sludge or your private details about what has been done to you (if it's true, cause this is the internet) belong here.

Im actually pretty interested in how Steven has allegedly affronted him. Sure its goss, but what the hell. The internet is full of trash talk.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 01:12:59 PM »

Im actually pretty interested in how Steven has allegedly affronted him. Sure its goss, but what the hell. The internet is full of trash talk.

Then visit MetalSludge and not this place Wink
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 01:14:55 PM »

Then visit MetalSludge and not this place Wink

Dude, its a board about the ex-members of GN'R. Of course this is the place for first hand stories about dealings with them.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 01:18:24 PM »

As far as I know this is a music forum.. and all this gossip stuff about Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven is spam and getting old.
darkmonth
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 05:20:33 AM »

I am amazed each and every time IzzyDutch jumps to Steven's defense.  It is quite obvious that, if he knows Steven at all, it is on a very superficial level.  Steven has those knots all over his wrists from missing when he was shooting up and the one displayed in the photos alleging he closed his wrist in a van door looks identical to his other missed veins.  Steven is only a "nice" guy if you hang with him for 2 or 3 minutes.  Any kind of long term time spent with him and he will steal from you, he becomes incredibly violent and he always, and I mean always, calls his mommy and either begs her for money or accuses her of wanting him dead so she and his brothers can get his money - which frankly is not much. 

Steven WAS a great drummer, he is now just an egocentric, down and out addict.  I can't imagine any musician with the smallest amount of self-esteem wanting to play with Steven, its just an invitation for disaster. 

And please, don't get all up in my face saying I have a grudge against Steven - the truth is, I know Steven and have first-hand, long-term experience being with him. 

Go away Axl ... Smiley
DaBrookman
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 06:50:39 PM »

I post about Steven because I have personal knowledge of what he is like - its not a guess, its not conjecture - it obviously is not what you want to know - you want to believe he is something he is not - oh well.?

...no fury like a woman scorned. But this one ...living to regret it (clearly). Still, I like her better than all these other dickwads who just talk out their asshole! LOL
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 11:38:06 AM »

...no fury like a woman scorned. But this one ...living to regret it (clearly). Still, I like her better than all these other dickwads who just talk out their asshole! LOL

Izzy - as you stated I do not know what you "believe," nor do you know how I "feel," so perhaps you should stop trying to hone your psychic skills on me.  Additionally, if I had something "nice" to say about Steven I'm sure you would be all happy and smiling instead of telling me I should keep my information to myself.  And really, does anyone that really knows Steven come on here and say nice things about him?  Not that I recall, but you're right I don't spend my day reading all the posts on this Board or any other GnR boards.  I do thank you though for caring enough to look up my statistics - some people just get under your skin, eh? 

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 11:59:32 AM »

^

Izzy - as you stated I do not know what you "believe," nor do you know how I "feel," so perhaps you should stop trying to hone your psychic skills on me.

You got my point.

Not that I recall, but you're right I don't spend my day reading all the posts on this Board or any other GnR boards.? I do thank you though for caring enough to look up my statistics - some people just get under your skin, eh?
?

It literally takes two seconds to see the statics, but you're welcome. Since you don't read and post on GN'R forums much, that only prooves that you're bitter about him since you actually do take the trouble to post all that bitching stuff about him.

Additionally, if I had something "nice" to say about Steven I'm sure you would be all happy and smiling instead of telling me I should keep my information to myself. And really, does anyone that really knows Steven come on here and say nice things about him?

There aren't people who actually know Izzy, Duff, Axl or Slash that post nice things about them here either. Just fans, not even ex-girlfriends of the bandmembers? Wink
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 01:34:51 PM »

^

Izzy - as you stated I do not know what you "believe," nor do you know how I "feel," so perhaps you should stop trying to hone your psychic skills on me.

You got my point.

But, did you get mine??

Not that I recall, but you're right I don't spend my day reading all the posts on this Board or any other GnR boards.? I do thank you though for caring enough to look up my statistics - some people just get under your skin, eh?
?

• It literally takes two seconds to see the statics, but you're welcome. Since you don't read and post on GN'R forums much, that only prooves that you're bitter about him since you actually do take the trouble to post all that bitching stuff about him.

Maybe less, but the mere fact that you did it indicates that you are willing to doing whatever you can in an effort to prop up your opinions.?

Additionally, if I had something "nice" to say about Steven I'm sure you would be all happy and smiling instead of telling me I should keep my information to myself. And really, does anyone that really knows Steven come on here and say nice things about him?

• There aren't people who actually know Izzy, Duff, Axl or Slash that post nice things about them here either. Just fans, not even ex-girlfriends of the bandmembers? Wink

Actually, you are incorrect on that one, but that's okay.?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 01:41:51 PM by pugdog1987 » Logged
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 05:10:28 PM »

Izzy - as you stated I do not know what you "believe," nor do you know how I "feel," so perhaps you should stop trying to hone your psychic skills on me.  Additionally, if I had something "nice" to say about Steven I'm sure you would be all happy and smiling instead of telling me I should keep my information to myself.  And really, does anyone that really knows Steven come on here and say nice things about him?  Not that I recall, but you're right I don't spend my day reading all the posts on this Board or any other GnR boards.  I do thank you though for caring enough to look up my statistics - some people just get under your skin, eh?

I don't doubt your story, but honestly, what are you getting out of this? Is this some sort of revenge on Steven?

'Cause nothin' lasts forever
Even cold November rain
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 08:44:33 PM »

I knew Steven well. He is a complete idiot...back then and apparently time has not changed anything.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2006, 12:00:24 PM »

I knew Steven well. He is a complete idiot...back then and apparently time has not changed anything.

Missy - Look out - the vast majority of people on this board want to hear nice, sweet and cute things about Steven, any truth and their panties get all in a twist.  I too made the mistake of knowing Steven well, but I have to disagree with you - he is so much more than a complete idiot - he is every bad thing you can imagine.  But I have to say, its nice to have someone else on the board who actually knew him and spent time with him.   ok
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2006, 04:01:25 PM »

Missy - Look out - the vast majority of people on this board want to hear nice, sweet and cute things about Steven, any truth and their panties get all in a twist.  I too made the mistake of knowing Steven well, but I have to disagree with you - he is so much more than a complete idiot - he is every bad thing you can imagine.  But I have to say, its nice to have someone else on the board who actually knew him and spent time with him.   ok

I honestly don't think many folks doubt your stories, it's very obvious Steven is very fucked up, sadly. A lot of Rock N Rollers think their shit don't stink and that they can do as they damn well please, without much thought or feeling for the ones they hurt.

Even cold November rain
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2006, 04:59:40 PM »

Missy - Look out - the vast majority of people on this board want to hear nice, sweet and cute things about Steven, any truth and their panties get all in a twist.? I too made the mistake of knowing Steven well, but I have to disagree with you - he is so much more than a complete idiot - he is every bad thing you can imagine.? But I have to say, its nice to have someone else on the board who actually knew him and spent time with him.? ?ok

I honestly don't think many folks doubt your stories, it's very obvious Steven is very fucked up, sadly. A lot of Rock N Rollers think their shit don't stink and that they can do as they damn well please, without much thought or feeling for the ones they hurt.

Thanks Scarlett - but most people really do doubt that Steven is not a good guy - he comes across really sweet and charming for 3 or 4 minutes and then the maniac arrives.  So, anyone who has just hung out with him here and there doesn't know what he is really like.  The one thing I can say is that anyone who really does know him (females, that is) have pretty much the same opinion - "Run Away, Run Away!" 
Scarlett
Headliner

Someday.......

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2006, 06:05:25 PM »

Thanks Scarlett - but most people really do doubt that Steven is not a good guy - he comes across really sweet and charming for 3 or 4 minutes and then the maniac arrives.  So, anyone who has just hung out with him here and there doesn't know what he is really like.  The one thing I can say is that anyone who really does know him (females, that is) have pretty much the same opinion - "Run Away, Run Away!" 

Some folks just don't want to face it that someone they worship isn't all that and a bag of chips. It's easier and more fun to fantasize how nice someone is than it is to face the reality of how that person really is in real life.

Years ago, I hung around a few bands myself (no one popular like these guys), but their mentality was all the same. They have so many women loving these guys and doing just about anything for them, thinking these guys love them, when all along, they're just using them, and often times, abusing them. I watched a couple of my friends go through hell with a few guys- really sad to see them get hurt like they did, meanwhile, these guys just moved on after hurting them and breaking their hearts, onto the next victims in line.

Like I said, I have no doubts about your story, and I am sorry you had to go through it. Sadly, though, I doubt Steven even gives any of it a thought.  no

Even cold November rain
//JK75
VIP

It's been a long time for me

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2006, 07:49:26 PM »

same old song and dance.... yeah

//JK
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 08:50:15 AM »

pugdog - maybe I know you..anyway..

I did not know Steven in "that way". I knew the other guys and he just came along with the package..I guess you could say....I remember he would do the dumbest crap. I remember one time...right after they got big (with no contribution by him by the way) he bought this Mercedes. He all wasted and he crashed it into the side of my apt complex and started yelling at the wall..like it was the walls fault. I could go on and on about this guy..I think it is funny that he has a band called Adlers Appetite...and plays GnR covers..pretty sad actually...he needs to move on.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 01:14:22 PM »

Like I said, I have no doubts about your story, and I am sorry you had to go through it. Sadly, though, I doubt Steven even gives any of it a thought.? no

I agree he doesn't give it a thought - and sadly that is why he repeats the same things over and over and continues to blame all those around him - oh well. 
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 06:49:46 PM »

doing the same thing over and over again expecting dirrect results..a definition of insanity....which what he is.
raska27
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 09:04:49 PM »

To pugdog and Missy, this is in response to all your posts, so certain parts will apply to only one of you. Other parts will apply to both. They're serious questions I'm asking, not try to start a fight or take the piss.

First off, how can you say Guns made it big with no contribution from Steven ? I mean who came up with the drum parts on Appetite and who played them ? For me they were a major highlight of the album and still are. Almost every song has something distinctive in the drumming that really adds to the song. Compare to most other albums where you might get one or two songs with something different in the drums and the rest is just there like a drum machine keeping time.

Rather than just bitching without substance, why not throw a few more stories our way ? I thought that Mercedes story was fricking hilarious. Why would you be angry about that ? I'm sure he's done other things that have genuinely upset you and I'm sure there's stories that are personal so I wouldn't expect those, but any others like the one you already mentioned would be interesting. About Steven or any of the other band members for that matter. You might find people are a bit more understanding and sympathetic to your posts if they are supported, rather than getting on the defensive right away.

On another note, I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but why hook up with a rocker to begin with ? I don't want to stereo type becasue there is always exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking rockers or movie stars or anyone in the public spot light don't have a whole lotta success with relationships. Were you really hoping it would be different, or was it more a case of when the success & fame was there being able to share in some of that was too much of an allure that you forget the possible pit falls ? I know a lot of girls who have hooked up with guys that were dip shits and they knew they were dip shits but did it anyway. Then when the shit comes down, they still wonder why it all went wrong. It just confuses me. I'd like some insight because now that I've got a daughter of my own, when she gets to that age, I'd like to be able to steer her in the right path.
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 10:01:34 PM »

Who said ANYTHING hooking up? Because I am a girl I hooked up with them? You know reagardless of what you may think,..they have friends male and female. I worked in the music industy for years and knew a lot of the types of guys. Never "hooked up" with anybody. Maybe that was the reason I was friends with them because I never did anything like nor thought of it. By the way..they had many friends that were female. We would just hang out and have a good time. I realize alot of people have these ideas about these guys... it is so stupid and immature.

I was not angry about the Mercedes story..I think you read my statement incorrectly. It is a story about how stupid he was. It said nothing about being mad. One more story (i have many)..I remember they played one time..and Steven was so coked up he was playing too fast. You could see poor Duff trying to get him back in rhythm to no avail.

Without going in detail about conversations I had with certain people, trust me, Steven was worthless. I remember when they were recording that album. I do not recall Steven being involved in the final product...I do, however, remember all the other members being heavily involved...

There is nothing to be sympethetic about my story as you stated. I actually do not understand comment. What does that mean? Nothing he did upset me...as he never did anything to me...he was just stupid and I did not want him around.

I came across this board a few months ago. I find the interest and speculation really humerous.  A freind of mine (who them too) were reading this board and could not laughing at some of the comments and the inaccuracies of stories.

I have said too much and am leaving.
raska27
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2006, 04:01:26 AM »

Calm down Missy.... read the first paragraph of my previous post. The hooking up part & the sympathy part was directed at pugdog1987 not you.

Why do you think you've said too much ? All you've told us you think Steven's an idiot, he crashed his car once and at one gig he was playing too fast. Hardly earth shattering stuff.

I still don't understand what you mean by saying 'Steven wasn't involved in the final product' (of Appetite). Are you saying he didn't play the drums on it, or he just wasn't around for the mixing ? I still stand by my previous comments regarding the success of GN'R & Appetite and Steven's involvement in that, and will add he also toured for 18 months in support of the album, before, during and after it broke.

Again, coming back to my original post and compounded by you saying that some of the stories here being so inaccurate, why don't you just load us up with a whole heap of stories rather than holding back ? Like I said if you just write the guy off without supporting it, it's naturally gonna get people's backs up.

Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2006, 08:47:56 AM »

Honestly, I think it would be really messed up if I told people I dont know stories..and this goes for all people who know people who are "famous" I think it is back stabbing. However,  I do not mind saying stuff about Steven. He is a dumb-ass. He became famous by default. Here is my rundown.

Axl - too smart for his own good - did the most funnies thing I ever saw someone do.
Slash - frick
Duff - frack
Izzy - every band needs an Izzy - great guy. I am glad he is doing well.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »

^Izzy is the coolest Cool

What does frick and frack mean?
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2006, 10:33:22 AM »

I was playing "word association". You have never heard that term? Frick and Frack go hand in hand. Those 2 were a riot.? That is the first thing that came to mind when I thought about those guys.
AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2006, 11:31:57 AM »

I doubt you hardly even knew Guns N' Roses. Anyone can make up stuff behind the keyboard.

But anyways, what would Appetite be without Steven? There would be no cowbell on many of the tracks (that was one of Steven's signature techniques), or Steven's distinct drumming sound. Steven gave Slash an intro to guitar, they were good friends.

I have not personally met Steven (but neither have thousands of these people defending Axl *sighs*), but from what I've heard in interviews from band members, he was a good guy during the Appetite days. But now, he looks so bad from all the Meth he's done, and I've heard he is really screwed up now. Which is sad.

All the members of GN'R did stupid things. All of them except for Duff have been accused of beating women. Axl would do stuff to his wives I cannot even mention, and Izzy admitted to punching Vince Neil's wife. Slash used to get drunk and smash cars. GN'R was a party band. And they truly were "reckless."
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2006, 11:50:38 AM »

I was playing "word association". You have never heard that term? Frick and Frack go hand in hand. Those 2 were a riot.? That is the first thing that came to mind when I thought about those guys.

Ah right.. English ain't my first language I thought it actually meant something lol
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2006, 12:22:48 PM »

You know what I find so humerous...all these people thinking "what if's,? "I think", "it happened this way". It is all very funny. You all have thought about them so much you think they are freinds of yours. Then...someone jumps on this board who actually knew these guys, well I may add, and say what AMS said. This person seems to know a lot about a person he has never met...that's too funny rofl

Go ahead with your here-say, what if's, I think, I heard..bye bye.

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2006, 12:27:28 PM »

I doubt you hardly even knew Guns N' Roses. Anyone can make up stuff behind the keyboard.

Missy - I told you these guys get their panties in a bunch if you say stuff about their idols.  Oh well.  It is quite clear to me, however, that you hung with them, your facts are straight and your perceptions dead on.  Don't let the haters get to you!!!   ok
Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2006, 12:52:09 PM »

Here I got a ironic story..... about 20 years ago when I first met them, a bunch of us were sitting around and Slash started playing a guitar. Now I had only seen them in small clubs, poor sound, you could not hear very well. I do not play guitar but I can tell to a certain extent when someone is good or not. Anyway, I was watching him play and I said "Your really good" and he said "No. I will be good". That was interesting statement looking back on it.
AMS
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2006, 01:40:31 AM »

It is all very funny. You all have thought about them so much you think they are freinds of yours.

I guess you must have done that to think of saying something like that. drool

If you knew the band, you wouldn't be arguing on here. Like I said, I never knew them. But it is a fact that they all did stupid stuff, much like it is a fact that Hitler did stupid stuff. That's all I have to say, Cheers.
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2006, 11:14:06 AM »

But it is a fact that they all did stupid stuff, much like it is a fact that Hitler did stupid stuff. That's all I have to say, Cheers.

Wow - how did you draw a line between Guns n Roses and Hitler?  Maybe you shouldn't do crack before you post - makes you sound insane!!! 
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 11:11:25 AM »

Years ago, I hung around a few bands myself (no one popular like these guys), but their mentality was all the same. They have so many women loving these guys and doing just about anything for them, thinking these guys love them, when all along, they're just using them, and often times, abusing them. I watched a couple of my friends go through hell with a few guys- really sad to see them get hurt like they did, meanwhile, these guys just moved on after hurting them and breaking their hearts, onto the next victims in line.

Like I said, I have no doubts about your story, and I am sorry you had to go through it. Sadly, though, I doubt Steven even gives any of it a thought.? no
On another note, I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but why hook up with a rocker to begin with ? I don't want to stereo type becasue there is always exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking rockers or movie stars or anyone in the public spot light don't have a whole lotta success with relationships. Were you really hoping it would be different, or was it more a case of when the success & fame was there being able to share in some of that was too much of an allure that you forget the possible pit falls ? I know a lot of girls who have hooked up with guys that were dip shits and they knew they were dip shits but did it anyway. Then when the shit comes down, they still wonder why it all went wrong. It just confuses me. I'd like some insight because now that I've got a daughter of my own, when she gets to that age, I'd like to be able to steer her in the right path.
Valid point. All rockstars do this, not just Adler. Bands like GnR and Motley Crue were famous for for attracting women despite them being equally as famous for treating them like shit and using them for sex. You can't honestly say these girls were going out with these guys because they were the sensitive, sweet romantic love of their lives. They loved them for fame and money. What do you expect, the guys to love them back? No, they're gonna use them for sex. Any girls going out with a member of these bands knew what they were getting into!

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2006, 11:19:27 AM »

I find it strange that people are arguing about whether Adler was crazy! He got thrown out of one of the world's most decadent bands. That takes some doing. Of course he wasn't a nice boy, but so what? No member of GnR was. They were all assholes in their own way. Izzy's considered the nicest one but didn't he steal over a hundred cars in his youth? And piss on an airplane. "Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" was a song they recorded just as they were getting big around LA, I believe, and the title kinda says it all really. If you have a problem with your heroes being assholes, then throw out your GnR records.

Incidentally, the mercedes story was funny, kinda reminds me of Keith Moon or John Bonham. Them drummers are always crazy! Tell us more stories Missy and pugdog1987!

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2006, 11:31:46 AM »

You make a couple of really good points estranged - most girls whether they want to or not are attracted to "bad boys" and as we are all aware these guys were pretty much the baddest of the bad.  But, one note in my defense, when I first met Steven he had been out of the band for a good 5 or 6 years, he had treated himself pretty badly in that time, aged significantly and did not look like all the cute pictures that are postesd of him.  He looked to be in his late 40s and appeared to be just another ex-rocker.  It was not until I asked him at dinner one nite what band he had been in that I found out he was THE Steven Adler, the drummer kicked out of Guns n Roses, so when I first met him I did not know who he was and frankly I knew as as soon as I found out who he was that I should run, but I didn't.  He told me he had been sober for 18 months, but in fact, he had been sober for about 18 hours.  He stayed "fairly" sober for about 6 weeks and then all hell broke loose, he went to meet a guy that had been in KIX to see if he wanted to join Steven's new band Freaks in the Room.  When he came home he was a totally different guy (he started using heroin again that nite with this guy) and I didn't know why.  Anyway, that was the beginning of the downhill slide for us.  As is true with all drug addicts, the drugs were the only thing he cared about and the rest is all secondary. 
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2006, 04:04:34 PM »

hey this is Gav from Guns 2 Roses + personal friend of Steven's guys thought you might like to see this...

its Me, Steven my girl Sally in the last valentines day!
this is probably the most recent vid of Stevie at the mo  rofl This was backstage on one of the nights that we did on tour together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dJ2c22V6A

some of the things in this topic are true some false and some just unessarcery. when i got the time i'll try and answer a few things.
 ok

Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2006, 05:13:12 PM »

hey this is Gav from Guns 2 Roses + personal friend of Steven's guys thought you might like to see this...

its Me, Steven my girl Sally in the last valentines day!
this is probably the most recent vid of Stevie at the mo  rofl This was backstage on one of the nights that we did on tour together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_dJ2c22V6A

some of the things in this topic are true some false and some just unessarcery. when i got the time i'll try and answer a few things.
 ok

sounds great, Gav! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2006, 08:04:29 AM »

ok

you want to set us streight on Steven? I'm sure that we'd all be interested in how things went with him on tour. The rumor mill went into overdrive when he fired his band and started playing with tribute bands.
I'd like to know what he is like? How approchable he is? is he as bad news as he is said to be? How did you get contacted to do theese gigs.

I mean the guy is an idol of mine,  and I've never managed to get to one of his shows but we've all heard the stories of him being a parinoid washed up junkie but on the other hand he is a nice guy, a superb drummer and a pleasure to work with. Who do I believe?
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2006, 08:39:31 AM »

ok

you want to set us streight on Steven? I'm sure that we'd all be interested in how things went with him on tour. The rumor mill went into overdrive when he fired his band and started playing with tribute bands.
I'd like to know what he is like? How approchable he is? is he as bad news as he is said to be? How did you get contacted to do theese gigs.

I mean the guy is an idol of mine,? and I've never managed to get to one of his shows but we've all heard the stories of him being a parinoid washed up junkie but on the other hand he is a nice guy, a superb drummer and a pleasure to work with. Who do I believe?

i gotta journal coming up soon. as far as the basics go Steven is a fun loving 20 year old in a 40 year olds body. hes a guy who likes to party. i met Steven a few years before our shows and he was aware of my tribute GNR band as Steven saw & approved us as a GNR tribute previously. When we were originally contacted end of January We were contracted on our own tour and for the first 6 dates of the tour Steven used another Guns N Roses tribute in the UK for 4 dates then and Irish tribute for 2 dates in Ireland. By Tuesday 7th July Guns 2 Roses were ready and we took over and completed the tour. Click link below here we are on stage 1 hour after meeting up (i will add we had faulty monitors on stage however and no one could hear themself play for the first 5 songs? ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYWRNgH2lAg
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:42:10 AM by g2r_Axl » Logged

andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2006, 09:12:34 AM »

cool, thanks beer
g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2006, 03:13:49 PM »

sorr this is the correct link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsR9TsfhgeU

Missy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2006, 07:57:08 PM »

totally pathetic..what a joke
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2006, 08:17:59 PM »

Do you play any illusion songs other than Civil War, or were they all taken off the setlist when Adler came on board? Or maybe your original drummer plays on the illusion stuff. Just curious.

g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2006, 08:12:10 AM »

totally pathetic..what a joke

yeah well it was mean't to be tounge cheek anyway! a deliberate spoof not to be taken serious!

g2r_Axl
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2006, 08:13:26 AM »

Do you play any illusion songs other than Civil War, or were they all taken off the setlist when Adler came on board? Or maybe your original drummer plays on the illusion stuff. Just curious.

hey dude

Illusions stuff only got taken off when Adler came on board. in a normal setlist we cover all albums, November Rain, Estranged, Coma  etc etc and even some of the Chinese Decoracy stuff  ok

Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2006, 11:30:32 AM »

This is great and fun ! Your band looks like the 1988 line - up !

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: