Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 11:35:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  MFSL Gold CD'S
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MFSL Gold CD'S  (Read 1556 times)
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: February 07, 2007, 12:53:16 AM »

how much of a difference is there. Like, is it really noticable?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 03:36:03 AM »

hmm im not sure, but ive have an eye out on a few MFSL cds on ebay. if i win them ill let you know how it sounds
Dash_X
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 10:08:51 AM »

If you've got a decent sound system, then the difference is clearly noticable - they have a brilliant clarity that the standard releases don't have.
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 04:31:20 AM »

Yes they definitely sound superior, overall clarity is much better, the bass is much more detailed and tighter, the highs are crisp and clearer. To me the difference is more notable on the Illusion's than the other two.

The MFSL Ultradisc CD's are regarded by audiophiles around the world as being among the best quality and best sounding discs available.

Obviously as Dash_X pointed out the better your HI-FI system, the better the results, probably would not make much difference in cheap and nasty stereo systems.

TheMole
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 06:56:35 AM »

Yes they definitely sound superior, overall clarity is much better, the bass is much more detailed and tighter, the highs are crisp and clearer. To me the difference is more notable on the Illusion's than the other two.

The MFSL Ultradisc CD's are regarded by audiophiles around the world as being among the best quality and best sounding discs available.

Obviously as Dash_X pointed out the better your HI-FI system, the better the results, probably would not make much difference in cheap and nasty stereo systems.

But how, how on earth can this be? I mean, the information is digital, you can either read it, or you can't. And if you can't it's gonna be fucked-up and if you can it's going to sound like it was supposed to sound. The digital world is really simple, it's true or false, there's no in-between, and there's no maybe. The gold plating can account for durability, less wear-and-tear; but not for clarity, more bass, or whatever. It just does not make sense, it does not compute!
coldfan13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:28:12 AM »

its recorded at a higher bitrate.....this is sort of similar to HDCD and SACD and DVD Audio's (yes I know there all seperate formats) but all cd's (standard are recorded at a standard bitrate) I believe the MFSL is a direct master copy of the master audio tracks....I have a few Guns N' Roses HDCD's and it totally blows the standard cd out of the water...but I have a $1,000.00 DVD player and a high end reciever..so when I play HDCD a litle light pops up indicating I have a hdcd in the plaer..HDCD blows the MFSL out of the water by the way....again MFSL is a good reference cd for sound...but you have to have a high end player to really tell the difference..I have MFSL of Appetite and the Illusions..Im lacking Lies....but I have HDCD of the illusions...and still looking for HDCD of Appetite and Lies
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: