Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:04:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227849 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Red Hot Chili Peppers thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Red Hot Chili Peppers thread  (Read 80702 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2003, 10:37:51 PM »

I think they should scrap the Greatest Hits deal, see if they can write a few more songs with the groove they have going right now, and then pump out another CD.

I hate when bands put out Greatest Hits albums, especially when they throw on extra tracks assuming that they are going to be special songs from the band.  To me a greatest hits package should come at the end of a band's life and not as some contract obligation or quick buck.

So I hope they decide to release a full length album and tour again.  I'm sure D will have some comments on these songs.

how right u are sky! lol!  damn i cant believe i havent heard this yet, i havent checked the chili peppers site in a couple weeks but im gonna jet over their as soon as i finish posting here.

By the way is incredible!!! i cant understand how anyone wouldnt like that cd. this cd is a true masterpiece where each of the 16 songs are unique and invoke their own emotions within the listener. i guarantee if u are madly in love or truly devastatingly lonely u would listen to by the way with a whole new perspective.  by the way is one of those albums where the singles dont do the entire cd justice. by the way the song in my opinion is the weakest on the entire cd.  check out Tear,Midnight,Dosed,universally speaking, dont forget me, cabron, warm tape etc etc etc, just check out the whole cd, listen to it more than once, it took me a few listens to fully appreciate the entire cd

the chili's in my opinion are a band that are just now hitting their prime, californication and by the way are in myopinion some of the greatest music ever put out by any band, and im not a die hard chili fan like i am say with gnr, bon jovi or prince, californication was the frist chili cd i ever bought, i bought it basically cause i liked scar tissue ok and i had some money that was burning a whole in my pocket and i was depressed, needless to say that cd got me hooked on how great anthony, flea, chad and especially john frusciante are.

i agree totally about the greatest hits idea, i hate it, release a new cd with the 15 songs, if its on par with by the way then that will certainly help my waiting for chinese democracy, maybe thats why im more patient than some, cause with music like what the chili peppers are putting out, bon jovi have an acoustic cd coming out end of the year or early next year, it helps keep my mind off of what axl is doing.

anyone who hasnt heard by the way yet, if u are lonely, sad, depressed, nostalgic over a first or past love, this cd will knock u on your ass!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2003, 10:39:15 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2003, 11:08:22 AM »

There is not one bad song on the Red Hot Chili Peppers Album Californication. Seriously their best songs are on this album. Who else owns this and what do you think of it?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2003, 07:24:09 PM by The New Fiona Apple » Logged

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2003, 12:12:14 PM »

Who else owns this and what do you think of it?

That the second half of it, bar one or two songs, is mostly filler.

I used to love that album. But it barely gets played by me anymore.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2003, 03:04:23 PM »

the good outnumber the bad... and the good are VERY FUCKIN GOOD... but I think By The Way can be played all the way through better than Californication.  Otherside may be my favourite Peppers song.

Great album, not the ULTIMATE or anything tho.  ok
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2003, 05:25:41 PM »

It's a good album but nothing more.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2003, 07:57:19 PM »

an incredible album! but Blood Sugar Sex Magik is clearly their best album IMO.
their 5 last albums ranked the way I like them:

1. BSSM
2. Californication and By The Way
3. Mother's Milk and One Hot Minute

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2003, 08:29:54 PM »

by the way IS  absolutely perfect every note every song is amazing, actually by the way may be one of the 3 greatest cds ive ever heard in my life from everyband combined! its that good

Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2003, 09:07:04 PM »

I own it. It is an album that?s musically amazing and I?m sentimentally linked with it, it marked a period of my life, just like one hot minute.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
sweetslashes
Headliner

here i am, and your a rocket queen.

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2003, 02:02:30 PM »

i love that album. it is seriously the best album EVER!!! - well, its a very good album, but it aint not PERFECT. there is no perfect album.

xox

im a punk rocker, i don't trust no-one, oh hell no, i know what truth is, coz i said so, i know who my friends are so fuck you, dont come no closer coz ul only make me run far away
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2003, 09:07:01 PM »

That the second half of it, bar one or two songs, is mostly filler.

Exactly

The first half is great though.
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2003, 09:16:23 PM »

Love it and could not agree more, big RHCP fan, although I think' By The Way' is also a truely amazing cd..not a bad song on the disc Wink

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2003, 11:34:00 PM »

heres the way i look at it

bssm had a few classic amazing songs a few good ones and other ones i dont like period
californication had a few classic songs a few good ones a couple average ones and then some that i dont like
by the way didnt really have anything classic on radio but u got 16 great songs, nothin necessarily classic as far as popularity but every song is good thats the difference

their isnt an under the bridge or an otherside or scar tissue on by the way as far as commercial appeal but i think the songs on by the way destroy everything the chili's have ever done

snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2003, 10:00:28 AM »

great album, but for me blood sugar sex magic will always be the definitive RHCP album. it is IMO the epitome of 'funk' and so  very very close to flawless.
they have done some stunning work since then, but the album as a complete piece of work is far superior to any thing else from them.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2004, 03:16:42 PM »

Anyone that hasn't heard the song "Don't Forget Me, by the chili peppers needs to download it now.  Its off the newest cd By The Way.  The song is fucking amazing.  I'm sure a lot of people here can relate to this song.  Even if you're not a big chili peppers fan, which I'm not, you will enjoy this song.  Some of you who have already heard this song, I know will definitely agree with me.  D??   smoking smoking

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2004, 05:07:30 PM »

Sounds very much like a crawling "Other Side" rewrite, but pretty good nonetheless.  Frusciantes guitars sound great.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2004, 05:12:56 PM »

On a sidenote, RHCP consistently have excellent background vocals...probably the best around. ok
Lisa
You talkin' to me?
Legend

Here Today..Gone To The syndicate

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2004, 06:53:44 PM »

I agree it is a great song but not the best on that cd...Dosed is a far superior tune ok RHCP always have the hook to draw ya in Wink

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2004, 11:05:02 PM »

dude if u love dont forget me u need to buy the whole cd

universally speaking
dosed
zephyr song
cant stop
midnight
venice queen
warm tape
and the song i consider to be the best on the cd

Tear

download "tear" this song is...... words cant describe how awesome

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2004, 12:25:49 AM »

Yeah this is another great song by the Red hot Chili Peppers. i heard this song in school. I have not heard all the songs yet on the album and the song that D thinks is the best Tear is one of them. I have to check the that song out along with the rest of the cd. Does anyone know if they made a new video for any of the songs on this album yet? They made a lot of great videos.  ok  

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2004, 03:31:48 AM »

Yeah this is another great song by the Red hot Chili Peppers. i heard this song in school. I have not heard all the songs yet on the album and the song that D thinks is the best Tear is one of them. I have to check the that song out along with the rest of the cd. Does anyone know if they made a new video for any of the songs on this album yet? They made a lot of great videos.  ok  

unfortunately they only made videos for

by the way
zephyr song
cant stop
and an international univerally speaking

they didnt make a video for dosed

they shouldve released more singles but somehow this record only sold a million in the us but did go platinum and gold in over 30 other countries

platinum and gold in other countries isnt the same as united states by the way

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: