Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 12:41:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Stone Temple Pilots
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 165580 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2008, 04:14:40 PM »

Reunited rockers promise to play the hits

Published: April 18, 2008 at 3:28 PM

LOS ANGELES, April 18 (UPI) -- Reunited U.S. rockers Stone Temple Pilots plan crowd-pleasing shows for their upcoming tour.

"I think we could've done a new record or new songs," says bassist Robert DeLeo, "but how many times do you go to a show and you want to hear the songs you're familiar with, and then when that new song comes up, that's when you go grab a beer.

"I think new material will come probably after this tour, but I think we're mostly getting back to the stuff we know and the things that got us together in the first place."

STP has been apart for 10 years, while singer Scott Weiland has fronted the band Velvet Revolver and DeLeo and his brother, guitarist Dean DeLeo, have produced other acts.

The STP reunion tour kicks off May 17 at the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio, and is due to wrap up at the end of August, after which Robert DeLeo thinks the quartet will concentrate on new material.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Entertainment/2008/04/18/reunited_rockers_promise_to_play_the_hits/2215/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2008, 10:45:33 PM »

Scott Weiland will 'host' Las Vegas night club Prive on Saturday, April 12. Details through the link below:

http://www.clubzone.com/events/event88341.html

They need to update the info. Wink

[2008-04-12] Scott Weiland hosts Saturday Night @ Prive' - Scott Weiland, the lead singer for Velvet Revolver and Stone Temple Pilots, hosted Saturday night at Prive'. The party was bumpin too the latest hip hop bein churned out by the djs. A couple of the Rock of Love II girls were in the house as well partying alongside the rest of the crowd. With someone awesome hosting all the time at Prive', you can't go wrong.

Singer Scott Weiland of rock group Stone Temple Pilots with a friend Saturday at Prive nightclub inside the Planet Hollywood Resort. (Photo courtesy of Angela Weiss):

http://media.lvrj.com/images/WEILAND.JPG

sexkitten
On the Nightrain
VIP

« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2008, 10:54:17 PM »

Why the hell wouldn't they come to NYC?Huh WTF?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1586020/20080422/stone_temple_pilots.jhtml

According to this, the possibility of opening for Zeppelin was a major reason for STP getting back together....seems fishy to me, but what the hell, right?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2008, 03:31:23 PM »

SCOTT WEILAND Working On Second Solo Album - Apr. 24, 2008

According to The Pulse of Radio, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS and former VELVET REVOLVER frontman Scott Weiland told satellite shock jock Howard Stern on Wednesday morning (April 23) that he is currently working on his second solo album with producer Steve Albini for a November release. Weiland was joined on the call by NO DOUBT drummer Adrian Young, who is also playing on the record. A release date and title have yet to be revealed. Weiland's first solo effort, "12 Bar Blues", was issued in 1998.

Blabbermouth.net

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2008, 04:16:30 PM »

Ah, that's why the guy from No Doubt was on with him.  That explains it.  I must've missed that part.  I was thinking maybe a reunited No Doubt was gonna team up with STP for the upcoming tour.  That'd be a big show. More likely I'd say than STP opening for Zeppelin.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #106 on: April 25, 2008, 12:11:16 AM »

no doubt with STP would be amazing

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: April 25, 2008, 08:01:15 AM »

Ah, that's why the guy from No Doubt was on with him.  That explains it.  I must've missed that part.  I was thinking maybe a reunited No Doubt was gonna team up with STP for the upcoming tour.  That'd be a big show. More likely I'd say than STP opening for Zeppelin.

thats a wish and a prayer on STPs part Tongue

talk about a stylistic clash Wink
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2008, 04:21:24 PM »

Does anyone know what the presale password is for the STP tour...particularly Indiana?!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2008, 03:12:27 PM »

Will STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Stay Together This Time? - Apr. 28, 2008

The Pulse of Radio reports: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS will tour for the first time since 2002 this spring and summer, beginning next month, with tentative plans to record a new album later this year. But since the group broke up under less than amicable circumstances six years ago, what's to stop that from happening again? Bassist Robert DeLeo told The Pulse of Radio he's not sure he has the answer. "I wish there was a recipe or an anecdote for that, but unfortunately, you know, there's four different people, and over the years, we've gone our separate ways," he said. "I don't think my life reflects Scott's [Weiland, vocals] life. We're different. You know, we're all in our 40s now, and to have that opportunity for this to come back around, I feel really, really fortunate. I'm really, really humbled by it."

Blabbermouth.net

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2008, 05:38:49 PM »

Scott Weiland Is Going to Jail

Posted Apr 28th 2008 4:58PM by TMZ Staff

Scott Weiland is Going to JailRock star Scott Weiland has just been sentenced to 192 hours in county jail for his November DUI arrest. This is Weiland's second DUI offense. He has until May 28 to serve the sentence.

Scott, who was not present in court today, entered a no contest plea through his attorney, Anthony Brooklier. The former Velvet Revolver singer was also ordered to complete an 18-month alcohol program and pay almost $2,000 in fines. He will be put on a four-year summary probation.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2008, 07:51:29 PM »

Well at least it won't affect the tour.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2008, 09:25:22 PM »

SCOTT WEILAND Says Upcoming Solo Record Will Be 'Double Album' - Apr. 30, 2008

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS/ex-VELVET REVOLVER singer Scott Weiland has posted the following message on his MySpace page:

"I felt the need to check in and let everyone know what the latest and greatest is...as you know, my original band, STP, have reunited and are gearing up for our 4 month tour of the U.S. this summer. I'm really excited to be back in cohoots with my old buddies and share that tingly feeling when we perform.

"I've been crazy busy since coming off tour and never get the chance to sleep in anymore! I have been working on my solo record, which will be a double album due for a November release. It's gonna be awesome, with many different musical influences like rock, punk, R&B as well as an eclectic blend that we've come up with over the years. Can't wait for everyone to hear it. I'm also in the process of writing my autobiography along with famed writer David Ritz, also due out toward the end of the year. It will be a collection of stories, experiences and lessons throughout my life. Definitely a good read.

"Well, I gotta hit the studio now. Ill do my best to check in every now and then. I want you to know, I ALWAYS appreciate the love and support and am excited to give you all a great tour."

Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2008, 08:12:00 AM »

Is anyhing happening with an Australian tour?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2008, 01:05:08 PM »

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Perform On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'; Video Available - May 2, 2008

The reunited STONE TEMPLE PILOTS performed on last night's (May 1) edition of ABC-TV's "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". Watch footage of their appearance below.

"Vasoline":
http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=6a7a6722-5b78-425f-8672-688d4fe11a49

"Trippin On a Hole in a Paper Heart":
http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=0a1cf168-efaf-4793-84ed-86a4b00ff04e

Blabbermouth.net

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2008, 01:09:54 PM »

wow i completely forgot about the kimmel performance!! thanks!!!

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »

I thought they sounded real good in those clips. Scott just makes more sense with STP. They still seem to have pretty good chemistry. I thought the Deleo's sounded real good, and Scott seemed to have more of that Mid nineties voice than he has in recent years, might just be the material tho. Trippin on a hole is one of my favorite STP songs, I was glad to see they went with that.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2008, 05:15:43 PM »

ive never been a huge fan of Scott's live voice. I think its weak and nasally live

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »

ive never been a huge fan of Scott's live voice. I think its weak and nasally live

eh. i think it used to be fine but recently its been a little weak, maybe cuz of all the smoking?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2008, 12:32:29 AM »

kind of like the sound tech fucked up. At least there.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: