Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:16:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227886 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Stone Temple Pilots
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 165545 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2008, 01:09:36 AM »

He was that way in VR also, maybe thats why Matt sang with him?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2008, 01:15:05 AM »

I saw VR once and Scott sounded strong. It was the first show after a long break so he was rested.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
lost in the garden
« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2008, 03:11:02 AM »

ive never been a huge fan of Scott's live voice. I think its weak and nasally live
it's cause his voice is WEAK..........the studio just hides it, as it does for all weak singers
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2008, 01:58:39 AM »

have the tour dates been released yet? Im gonna go check em out if they come close.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2008, 09:54:19 AM »

have the tour dates been released yet? Im gonna go check em out if they come close.

Yeah and for us, it's going to be either Atlanta, Elizabeth, IN or Indy.

I am thinking about the elizabeth, IN... it's basically Louisville.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2008, 02:27:51 PM »

Jimmy Kimmel Sound Check

Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline (JKL sound check)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95A3W-xDHGw

Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart (JKL sound check)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ0BnUkQA38

Thank to Below Empty

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2008, 07:07:02 PM »

Scott Weiland Checks Into Jail

By Ken Lee

Originally posted Monday May 12, 2008 05:05 PM EDT

Former Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland checked into a Van Nuys, Calif., jail on Monday to serve eight days for a second DUI conviction.

Weiland surrendered at 8:55 a.m., according to the sheriff's inmate Web site.

On April 28, the singer was sentenced to the jail term after he pleaded no contest to DUI following a Nov. 11 arrest. He was also ordered to complete an 18-month alcohol education class and pay nearly $2,000 in fines.

Weiland, 40, has run afoul of the law numerous times over the years: He was convicted of DUI after a 2003 arrest in Hollywood, arrested on domestic-violence charges in 2001, and jailed for drug offenses in the 1990s.

On April 1, Velvet Revolver band members announced they were splitting with Weiland, citing his "increasingly erratic" behavior.

Meanwhile, Weiland has reunited with his previous band, the Stone Temple Pilots.

His lawyer did not respond to calls for comment.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20199397,00.html

Edit:

So far, it's unclear as to how he's planning to make the Stone Temple Pilots' May 17 gig at the Rock on the Range Festival in Columbus, Ohio, on Saturday, minus some time off for good behavior or, as has befallen many a celebrity before him, early release due to overcrowding within the county jail system.

According to STP's website, the group is still planning to rock the Buckeye State this weekend.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b136414_scott_weiland_begins_jailhouse_rock.html
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 07:19:17 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2008, 09:49:11 AM »

That Was Fast -- Weiland Out of Jail

Posted May 13th 2008 8:44AM by TMZ Staff

Scott WeilandScott Weiland was released from jail at 6:54 PM last night -- 14 minutes after he was officially booked into jail. Hell, his rehab stints are longer than that!

Weiland turned himself in at 8:55 AM yesterday, was officially booked at just after noon, and then checked into prison at 6:41 PM.

Quite a busy day!

http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/13/that-was-fast-weiland-out-of-jail

Booking photo: http://www.tmz.com/2008/05/12/scott-weilands-latest-tour-date-jail/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:31:04 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »

Published May 14th, 2008
Soundcheck

Robert Deleo
Stone Temple Pilot

Led by volatile lead singer Scott Weiland, the Stone Temple Pilots emerged out of Los Angeles in the mid-'90s to become one of the era's most popular alt-rock acts. Alongside Pearl Jam and Nirvana, the band was often categorized as grunge but catered more to the arena-rock set than those other acts. But after a bitter break-up, reportedly fueled by Weiland's drug use, the band called it quits in 2000. Now, after an eight-year hiatus, it's back for a tour that's already one of the year's highest grossing. Bassist Robert DeLeo spoke about the reunion via phone from his Los Angeles home. ? Jeff Niesel

When did the wheels for the reunion start to spin? Did Scott's wife invite you guys to a party?
Yeah. The wives are always networking with each other. Scott's wife called my wife and told her that Scott wanted to talk to me. The timing was right. Everyone has gone off and done different things. It was the right time, I think. I feel pretty fortunate to be away from STP for six or seven years and have people interested. I'm pretty humbled by it. As an artist, I never lose sight of where I was. I spent a lot of time trying to get people's attention.

What was the vibe like at the LA show you just played?
It was great. The whole way it was put together, we had done a photo shoot at Harry Houdini's estate on Laurel Canyon. We decided to go back and do that show. It was such a great night. We couldn't have picked a better place. At this point in time, I want to absorb as much as I can. I have a 2-and-a-half-year-old son that I brought to the show. He was digging it and that's cool.

Are we to think Velvet Revolver is over for Scott, and Army of Anyone is over for you?
I think that will always be there. There is always an open door to do that. I think there's always that interest. I'm building a recording studio in my home. I'm really excited about that, but it's STP time right now. That's the thing. STP is always been the thing. It's a volatile place to be sometimes. I look at it like an unmade bed. It's messy but you crawl back in it. That's how it will always be. It's here today, and I don't know if it will be here tomorrow. I've grown to deal with that.

Scott's drug use has historically been a problem. How difficult has it been to put that behind everyone?
You know, it's challenging and frustrating. I think the bigger thing is that if I'm going to do this and invest my time, I want to enjoy this. That's what I plan on doing no matter what happens. I can think of worse things to be doing right now.

So is he clean?
I don't really know. I don't think he knows. As long as he shows up and we can perform, that's where it has to be. That's okay. It's here today.

I remember seeing a show at the Greek Theatre in LA with Redd Kross and the Meat Puppets opening. Everyone stood for the entire show. Can you talk a bit about what things were like when the band was at its peak?
I just consider myself such a big fan of music. To be up there with bands like the Meat Puppets and Redd Kross, interacting with people who have inspired me, was great. We just got done writing some songs with Peter Frampton. He inspired me to be a musician, and there's so many of those situations. If you told me as a kid, when I was rolling joints on Frampton Comes Alive and separating the seeds, shit man, if you told me that I'd be writing with that cat, that's amazing.

Have all the negative reviews you've gotten over the years bothered you guys?
I tell you, man, when you feel like you have something valid and you're caught at a time when there's a scene, there was so much negativity. People had their minds made up. I look back at that now and the height of us getting slammed for being grunge guys. But "Interstate Love Song" is still played on the radio between Aerosmith and Zeppelin. I think it's stood the test of time. I was just watching a Dylan documentary and he's getting slammed. When Bob Dylan is getting slammed, what can I say? Everyone gets slammed. Does it bother me? No. At the time, yeah, it did. I'd be na?ve and stupid to think it didn't affect me at the time. I used to say don't judge me on this record. Judge me on my fifth record.

Stone Temple Pilots: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 20 at Playhouse Square's State Theatre, 1501 Euclid Ave. 216.241.6000. $49.50-$59.50.

http://www.freetimes.com/stories/15/54/robert-deleo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2008, 05:54:25 PM »

Off to a good start.. Undecided

Interview with Dean DeLeo...

Last week, a couple of hours before Weiland was scheduled to arrive for the first proper rehearsal with the old group, Dean DeLeo spoke from the Stone Temple Pilots studio about the reunion, the tour and his cagey singer.

The vibe since Weiland has returned to the fold, DeLeo said, is "very STP."   "It's like an unmade bed: nasty but comfortable."

Q > Do you make any special preparations for a show in front of 25,000 versus a concert in a theater?
   A > We're just running through some material and rehearsing, but Scott still hasn't shown up for rehearsal.

Q > Does that give you pause?
   A > It's always scary when it involves him. But we've worked up 35 songs, so he can kind of pick and choose what
we want to do. . . . We've delved into some tracks we've never really even played (live).

Q > How frustrating is it to spend so much time in such a herky-jerky, start-and-stop mode?
   A > It's not how I like to do things. Unfortunately, Scott does. But, to answer the question: frustrating.

Q > So why did you reunite?
   A > Money (laughing). If I gave you this story: "Oh, yeah, man, the universe came together . . ." - no. Money.
   But, really, it is amazing to get up and play. I really do have a good time getting up and playing with Robert and
Eric. I just enjoy playing music, and, if I can get paid handsomely for it, I'm in.

Interview here: http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/weekender/stories/2008/05/15/stone_temple.html?sid=101

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2008, 01:06:45 PM »

At least he's honest about the reasons they're reuniting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #131 on: May 18, 2008, 05:52:55 AM »

Greed, buzz, or women, what else is there?

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #132 on: May 18, 2008, 09:59:53 AM »

Off to a good start.. Undecided

Interview with Dean DeLeo...

Last week, a couple of hours before Weiland was scheduled to arrive for the first proper rehearsal with the old group, Dean DeLeo spoke from the Stone Temple Pilots studio about the reunion, the tour and his cagey singer.

The vibe since Weiland has returned to the fold, DeLeo said, is "very STP."   "It's like an unmade bed: nasty but comfortable."

Q > Do you make any special preparations for a show in front of 25,000 versus a concert in a theater?
   A > We're just running through some material and rehearsing, but Scott still hasn't shown up for rehearsal.

Q > Does that give you pause?
   A > It's always scary when it involves him. But we've worked up 35 songs, so he can kind of pick and choose what
we want to do. . . . We've delved into some tracks we've never really even played (live).

Q > How frustrating is it to spend so much time in such a herky-jerky, start-and-stop mode?
   A > It's not how I like to do things. Unfortunately, Scott does. But, to answer the question: frustrating.

Q > So why did you reunite?
   A > Money (laughing). If I gave you this story: "Oh, yeah, man, the universe came together . . ." - no. Money.
   But, really, it is amazing to get up and play. I really do have a good time getting up and playing with Robert and
Eric. I just enjoy playing music, and, if I can get paid handsomely for it, I'm in.

Interview here: http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/weekender/stories/2008/05/15/stone_temple.html?sid=101

Wow.  My respect level for these guys - Dean in particular - has just gone up.  It's not often you get such refreshing - and unflattering - honesty from musicians like this.  "Yeah, it's not fun or easy working with Scott, but I enjoy the other guys, and we're doing this for the money."  Not the most inspiring thing to be saying prior to launching a reunion, but again, the honesty is appreciated.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #133 on: May 18, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »

Although they announced their reunion with a private seven-song show in Los Angeles last month, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS made their official return to the stage last night (Saturday, May 17) in front of tens of thousands when they headlined the first day of the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio.

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Big Empty
02. Wicked Garden
03. Big Bang Baby
04. Vasoline
05. Lady Picture Show
06. Lounge Fly
07. Crackerman
08. Sour Girl
09. Creep
10. Plush
11. Interstate Love Song
12. Coma
13. Down
14. All In The Suit That You Wear
15. Sex Type Thing
16. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
17. Dead and Bloated

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #134 on: May 18, 2008, 12:13:54 PM »

Although they announced their reunion with a private seven-song show in Los Angeles last month, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS made their official return to the stage last night (Saturday, May 17) in front of tens of thousands when they headlined the first day of the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio.

The group's setlist was as follows:

01. Big Empty
02. Wicked Garden
03. Big Bang Baby
04. Vasoline
05. Lady Picture Show
06. Lounge Fly
07. Crackerman
08. Sour Girl
09. Creep
10. Plush
11. Interstate Love Song
12. Coma
13. Down
14. All In The Suit That You Wear
15. Sex Type Thing
16. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
17. Dead and Bloated

Pretty cool set list. Lounge Fly and LPS are pluses. Coma and AITSTYW I could do without.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2008, 03:13:50 PM »

I give them 2 years tops.  rofl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #136 on: May 18, 2008, 06:49:10 PM »

Review

Stone Temple Pilots reunites with enthusiasm in Crew Stadium

Sunday,  May 18, 2008 1:38 PM
By Curtis Schieber
For The Columbus Dispatch

?That?s a sound we haven?t heard in a little while,? said Stone Temple Pilots lead singer Scott Weiland about the band?s reception last night during the Rock On The Range concert in Crew Stadium. ?Let?s hear it a little louder.?
Weiland wasn?t just crowd-baiting. The gig was the first the reunited group has played in seven years.
For about 15 minutes after the scheduled start time last night, though, it seemed it might not come off, as the stage lights dimmed and the house music stopped but nothing more happened until the second try.
But Weiland, guitarist Dean DeLeo, his bassist brother Robert and drummer Eric Kretz made it worth the wait with an only-slightly-rusty set full of flash, style and a bunch of clever redesigns of the classic hard-rock model.
If Big Empty opened the set lazily with a blues cast, Weiland, who has battled substance abuse, looked and sounded terrific, singing like a hard-rock David Bowie in a big fedora, fine suit and giant striped tie.
In tunes such as Down, the fast, pounding grinder Vasoline and the pained Creep, Weiland established not only the range of his instrument but its considerable appeal.
The band displayed its chops and unique style in others such as Trippin? On A Hole In A Paper Heart and Interstate Love Song, the arrangements suggesting everything from Led Zeppelin to Nirvana, DeLeo?s guitar skillfully moving from angular to spacey without hesitation.
But it was all so glamorous, swaggering and L.A., not exactly what the festival?s organizers promised in their mission to ?focus on the heartland ? for the true rock fans in the middle of America.?
That was left to many of the rest during the 11-hour first day. Where else but in Ohio ? or maybe Michigan ? might you hear a loud singalong to Bob Seger?s shopworn Turn The Page? Staind interjected it in a set of driving hard rock that varied from rap-rock to growling metal.
Disturbed preceded its new single Inside the Fire by stating its support for a ?strong military,? noting that there?s a ?lot of trouble in the world? in places other than Iraq and leading a chilling, fist-pumping chant of  ?U.S.A.?
He sandwiched an expletive into the title of Ten Thousand Fists and garnered about that many from about two-thirds of the crowd.
The response was only a little more dramatic than that garnered by other bands during the day.
With the stadium filled to a little more than halfway to capacity despite the uncertain weather, Rock On The Range obviously touched a deep nerve with ?true rock fans,? finding a common thread that ran through more than a dozen bands yesterday and promising to do so again today.

http://dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2008/05/18/rockrange.html?sid=101

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2008, 10:25:39 AM »

I give them 2 years tops.  rofl

That long?  They're already frustrated about Scott not showing up to rehearsal and the tour just started.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2008, 11:44:44 AM »

I don't know how long they may stay together, but Scott will never be in another band now...

Stp will probably break up soon, but they will always hit it and run...

I'm glad they are back... feels right.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2008, 12:43:54 PM »

From Rolling Stone...

Stone Temple Pilots Roll Out the Hits for Return at Rock on the Range Festival

5/19/08, 10:40 am EST

?Good to see you again,? said a casual Scott Weiland on Saturday, as if delivering a greeting to an intimate cocktail party rather than 30,000 people in a soccer stadium. Luckily, the feeling was mutual as the newly reunited Stone Temple Pilots headlined the first night of the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio Saturday night, their first full-scale show together in nearly eight years.

Opening with the sleepy Purple single ?Big Empty,? the tone of the show was more subdued than most of the previous bands on the bill, especially Disturbed, who went on just before STP and whipped the crowd into a mosh-happy frenzy. The crowd surfing, at least, made a late night come back at STP followed the opener with harder rocking fare like Core?s ?Wicked Garden? and Tiny Music??s ?Trippin? on a Hole in a Paper Heart.?

With a cigarette in his mouth and a dapper three-piece suit hanging off his slight frame, Weiland, joined by bassist Robert DeLeo, guitarist Dean DeLeo and drummer Eric Kretz, led the crowd on a tour of the band?s greatest hits, including ?Creep,? ?Plush,? ?Interstate Love Song? and ?Sour Girl,? each providing enough of a sing-along to compensate for the relative lack of edge that most of the crowd seemed to crave and reminded everybody within earshot that this band was built for massive arena-ready singles.

By the time the night was over and the band launched into an encore of ?Dead and Bloated,? Weiland had ditched his jacket, vest, tie, hat and the buttons on his shirt, propelling him into full rock-god mode, a return to form just in time for the 60-some shows yet to come. He was clearly glad to be back, and the crowd was happy to have him.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: