Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 02:23:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Stone Temple Pilots
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 165580 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2008, 01:18:18 AM »

Chili Peppers dont and they sound great.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2008, 01:54:50 AM »

Review: SCOTT WEILAND Back In STP Fold, Not Back From The Edge - June 2, 2008

Nate Chinen of The New York Times reports: Scott Weiland, the lead singer of STONE TEMPLE PILOTS, had just a few words for the crowd at the PNC Bank Arts Center [in Holmdel, New Jersey] on Saturday night [May 31], and that was probably a good thing. Two weeks into this post-grunge band's reunion tour, he seemed bedraggled and bushed, like a scarecrow. His first comments were barely coherent, and what came next was dispiriting. "Sometimes you make crazy choices," he said, in a distinctly undefiant tone.

The evening was billed as 92.3 K-ROCK's Return of the Rock, with opening sets by the alternative-rock bands FILTER and ASHES DIVIDE. STONE TEMPLE PILOTS finally appeared more than an hour after FILTER, and there were boos mixed in with the cheers. Mr. Weiland noted that this was a hometown show for half of the band, the brothers Robert and Dean DeLeo, who play bass and guitar. "I apologize for ..." he started to add.

"Apology accepted, brother," Robert DeLeo said quickly, changing the subject and hustling on with the show. [See video of this portion of the concert below.] There would be time for contrition later: the tour is running through the rest of the summer, provided Mr. Weiland can hold it together that long.

Read the entire review from The New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/02/arts/music/02temp.html?_r=1&ref=music&oref=slogin

Photos and Fan-filmed video footage of Weiland's "speech" and apology from the PNC show here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98184

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2008, 03:32:47 AM »

This will all certainly prove to be very interesting........they're not going to put up with him, either, 2nd time around, I think anyway.   

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2008, 05:55:24 AM »

what an asshole.

if i had just left a band and acted like i didnt need it, i would certainly try to prove my points right instead of acting like a loser idiot giving the impression i cant do it without them.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2008, 09:52:17 AM »

In Scott's defense.  I couldn't understand much of anything from that fan filmed video.  The audio was garbled, certainly not the best of quality.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2008, 10:16:14 AM »

I was on the STP site and on the fan fourm and the people who went to the concert are pissed and say Scott was just wasted-the rest of the band was ok, but Scott is just a mess right now and really should not be touring

libertad
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2008, 11:22:48 AM »

Chili Peppers dont and they sound great.

the peppers dont have to recreate backing vocals like this do they http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2Q9dNOKimc

While i HATE the fact they use backing tracks for that song now. For some reason they dont use the backing female singers which used to work just fine with songs like that live, id rather that then backing tapes but still. The peppers dont have to create chants that big.

html sucks
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »

While I don't doubt Scott might be in bad shape right now, I've learned that "fans" who post on fan forums aren't always the most optimistic and/or accurate. 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2008, 02:20:31 PM »

i did not get a chance to go to the STP show this past Saturday in Jersey, but i heard from a few people that  it was terrible...they said Scott didnt know alot of the words to some of the songs and actually repeated the same verse 3 times in of them....they also said there were several scattered boos...can anyone here confirm this?  I cant imagine it being that bad...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2008, 04:31:59 PM »

i did not get a chance to go to the STP show this past Saturday in Jersey, but i heard from a few people that  it was terrible...they said Scott didnt know alot of the words to some of the songs and actually repeated the same verse 3 times in of them....they also said there were several scattered boos...can anyone here confirm this?  I cant imagine it being that bad...

I can't either.  Some people jump to a lot of conclusions when they assume someone is fucked up.  On the other hand, Slash mentioned him being "out to lunch" during a lot of the last VR performances.  It will be interesting to see if they pull off this entire run of dates.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2008, 07:51:46 PM »

From the NY Times:

[Weiland] seemed bedraggled and bushed, like a scarecrow. His first comments were barely coherent, and what came next was dispiriting. "Sometimes you make crazy choices," he said, in a distinctly undefiant tone...

The show got better, but not by much. Stone Temple Pilots was always a riff-driven band with an impressive low-end churn, and a handful of its songs are exceptionally sturdy. So it made sense that the crowd carried the choruses of "Plush" and "Dead and Bloated," and that the band nailed a handful of its other 1990s staples, like "Interstate Love Song" and "Vaseline." But the feeling imparted by these performances was desultory and joyless. The band never rose above a sort of grim competence.

It was the same with Mr. Weiland. While he expertly struck the image of a rock star -- strutting and preening, and shedding his white jacket and T-shirt to reveal a sinewy torso -- his voice sounded less flexible than usual, and he sometimes seemed nearly out of breath. He forgot some lyrics and flubbed others, and often used a megaphone as a prop, or perhaps a crutch.

Read the rest at the NY Times

STP Creep - PNC - 5-31-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfkqu-in7Cc

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2008, 11:54:47 PM »

yeah Opie and Anthony had some funny stories about Weiland backstage....hes already fighting with the Deleo's
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2008, 02:56:52 AM »

What a worthless fucking mess Mr. Scott Weiland is.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »

i hope his career goes down the toilet again, doing this again he doesnt deserve anymore chances.

I dont understand why any rock band always let drugs destroy them. Very few come back from it, and yet they go back on AGAIN.

Scott, Steve Tyler (although at least he can still put on a fuckin good performance), slash, matt.

html sucks
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2008, 10:07:54 AM »

http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/displaymedia.cfm/id/18262/

Here's the link to the Opie and Anthony bit about what happened backstage at the STP Jersey show.  And yes, there does end up being a GNR connection here.  Just listen for yourself.....

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2008, 05:05:19 PM »

I dont understand why any rock band always let drugs destroy them. Very few come back from it, and yet they go back on AGAIN.

Scott, Steve Tyler (although at least he can still put on a fuckin good performance), slash, matt.

I believe it's an illness commonly referred to as addiction.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »

In Tylers case he (supposedly) had been clean since 86. Thats a long time surely it would of been out of his system by now.

html sucks
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2008, 07:57:33 PM »

In Tylers case he (supposedly) had been clean since 86. Thats a long time surely it would of been out of his system by now.

That doesn't matter thats not how addiction works you always crave it once you're hooked.
lost in the garden
« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots summer journey looks to be going downhill fast.
Listen to Opie & Anthiny's radio report of some recent show's
Backstage fighting.......over an hour late going onstage
the Deleo brother's yelling for 'Axl' to get onstage
and a wasted Scott Weidland..........who does not associate with any members of the band (sound familiar?)

who would have imagined Scott Weidland being capable of this  (Hahahahaha)

http://www.foundrymusic.com/media/displaymedia.cfm/id/18262/

and here is some more fallout courtesy of Metal Sludge

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1505&Itemid=1

"Can Scott break up two bands in one year? "
-- stay tuned for more ok

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2008, 03:15:38 PM »

this is a STP topic, not VR
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: