Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:25:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Stone Temple Pilots
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 165526 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #280 on: October 03, 2009, 06:18:39 PM »

A couple of new band photos have been posted...

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Stone+Temple+Pilots/photo/469797968?set=236092

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #281 on: October 09, 2009, 09:19:58 PM »

I saw a new album was due to be released soon. Anybody know about this?

2012 is like Christmas!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #282 on: October 09, 2009, 11:45:20 PM »

Early 2010.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2009, 10:47:24 PM »

Filmed them in full last night....
Video Sample Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP8_DVOyPpU
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots Plan New Album and 'Long' Tour in 2010

Oct 27th 2009

If it seems like everything you hear about Scott Weiland is fodder for the supermarket check-out lanes, it's because you only hear about his exploits. But the truth is, Weiland has been up to more than just "no good." In fact, on the heels of a new solo effort, 'Happy in Galoshes,' and the launch of his own fashion line, Weiland is currently on the road with his "old faithful" band, Stone Temple Pilots. The tour currently has dates through the beginning of 2010 and Weiland reveals to Spinner that there's lots more in store. In fact, STP has a brand new album on deck.

"When we get back, we're going to finish the album," Weiland tells Spinner. "And then when we finish the album, there will be a big tour around its release and that will probably be a long tour." Without knowing the specifics quite yet, he speculates that the tour will likely stretch over a year, with some breaks. After that, he says, he'll press onwards with work on his third solo album.

And here you thought all he did was rock 'n' roll all night and party every day. For his part, Weiland asserts that while his highs (pardon the pun) are high, his lows aren't really lower than anybody else's. "It just happens that, at some point, my personal life became public interest," he says. "Every day, your average Joe, they have the same experiences that I have. They're just not reported on."

Yeah, because just about every "average Joe" has cut albums with the members of Guns N' Roses, won Grammys and continues to make hit songs, right?

http://www.spinner.com/2009/10/27/stone-temple-pilots-plan-new-album-and-long-tour-in-2010/

SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #285 on: November 01, 2009, 10:08:21 PM »

Soi where does everyone think this new album will rank on the list???

2012 is like Christmas!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #286 on: November 01, 2009, 10:19:22 PM »

How can you even begin to speculate that where there have been NO songs released, NO singles, NO inklings of any songs?
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #287 on: November 01, 2009, 10:33:23 PM »

It's just a ? dude....calm down.  It was meant to fire up this thread...thats all.

2012 is like Christmas!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #288 on: November 01, 2009, 10:41:25 PM »

It's just a ? dude....calm down.  It was meant to fire up this thread...thats all.

You didn't have anything else to add? Haha, I just ask becuase it's pretty random asking about an album that in all likely-hood, isn't finished yet. Even if it is -- you couldn't formulate an opinion cause you haven't heard a drop of it.

But here is my opinion -- it is a very jazzy sounding album, very surprising. Didn't think STP would go in this direction now...
SpecialAgentCooper
Rocker

« Reply #289 on: November 01, 2009, 10:44:09 PM »

Using your brain to speculate is an age old past time...I hope you enjoy doing it.  : )

2012 is like Christmas!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #290 on: November 02, 2009, 02:36:24 AM »

I speculate that you live alone and you don't have a college degree.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #291 on: November 02, 2009, 09:58:14 AM »

I speculate that you live alone and you don't have a college degree.

I speculate this guy is sent from the GAWDS.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots concert cancelled

There will be a little less rock in Grande Prairie Thursday night, as Stone Temple Pilots at the Crystal Centre is cancelled.

The Crystal Centre announced the cancellation early this morning.

"We had some inklings of it Friday, but didn't want to say anything at all to anyone until we had it confirmed in writing," said Jane Cada-Sharp, Crystal Centre general manager.

"This is unfortunately kind of a fact of life in our business, and we're very fortunate it rarely happens (here). But it did, so right now we're doing our best to ensure that anyone who did purchase a ticket can get their refund as easily as possible."

Cada-Sharp said this is less notice than typically desired but refund options are in place.

"Anyone who bought online and hasn't picked up their tickets yet, they will be automatically refunded and the box office staff will be contacting them ... if you walked in to purchase, then you'll have to come back with the ticket," she said.

The box office can be contacted at 780-538-0387 for further refund information.

Cada-Sharp said she has not at this time heard anything regarding the band rebooking at the Crystal Centre.

The reason for the cancellation has been summed up as a scheduling conflict, with little available in the way of specifics.

"The information that we passed on is the information they passed on to us," said Cada-Sharp.

"We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anybody ... here's hoping that the next one down the road will definitely have a better outcome."

http://dailyheraldtribune.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2167544

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2009, 07:43:54 PM »

Undecided

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS Postpone Dates In Order To Complete New Album - Nov. 18, 2009

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS have postponed their previously announced December and January tour dates until next year so they can complete work on they highly anticipated new album. The CD is being helmed by famed producer Don Was, who has previously worked with THE ROLLING STONES, IGGY POP and POISON, among many others.

STONE TEMPLE PILOTS' plan to release the record has been complicated by a legal dispute between STP's label, Atlantic Records, singer Scott Weiland and drummer Eric Kretz. Reports have indicated that Weiland and Kretz consider themselves free agents and are looking for a new deal, while the label claims they are bound to their original contract.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130645

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #294 on: December 15, 2009, 09:13:18 PM »

Stone Temple Pilots Nearly Finished With New Album

Dec 15th 2009

Scott Weiland has some good news for fans who've waited for seven years for new music from the reunited Stone Temple Pilots. "We're almost finished," he tells Spinner of the eagerly awaited Don Was-produced album. "There will probably be 11 songs on the record and we have nine completed already. Then you have to have B-sides for Japan, the UK and the rest of Europe, so we'll probably record 14 songs total."

The band apparently has found the same groove they brought to the reunion tour when getting back into the writing and recording. "It's always been easy. We have a method that we use and it's pretty basic," Weiland says. "For the most part, Robert and Dean [DeLeo] write the instrumental riffs and then amongst the three of us we arrange the songs and then I write all the melodies and the lyrics."

While Weiland wouldn't spill on any song titles yet, he is already looking ahead to playing the music live. "Yeah, there's a lot of songs that we're excited about because we just finished a long tour where we were playing the hits from all five records," he says. "It'll make it a lot more fun and gratifying because I know the fans love to hear the hits, but it's a more fun playing stuff you just wrote."

That's not to say the band hasn't been able to breathe some new life into the STP classics. "I think with 'Plush' I sing it a little more soulfully, it's got a little bit more of an R&B approach to the way I do the vocal than the initial recording," he says. "But songs evolve and the interpretations of the song evolve. 'Lounge Fly' has a feeling that's a little bit different, and that was on our second album, 'Purple.'"

Still, Weiland is sympathetic to the fact that people who come to hear the hits want to be able to recognize them, because that's how he feels as a fan. "Personally, when I go see a band play, I appreciate the artistic license to change arrangements up, but I think people still want to hear songs that are true to the way they sounded on the record," he says. "And you want it to sound good. When people change songs too much, it changes the feel and sometimes changes the emotion you get from the song. And so we don't really change things too much."

Spinner

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2010, 01:51:51 PM »

New album in the spring...

From Scott Weiland:

back to the studio to work on the new STP... you'll be hearing it this spring!

about 16 hours ago from web

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #296 on: January 18, 2010, 08:42:54 PM »

In the Studio: Stone Temple Pilots

By William Goodman on January 18, 2010

This May, STP -- singer Scott Weiland, bassist Robert DeLeo, guitarist Dean DeLeo, and drummer Eric Kretz -- will return with a new yet-to-be titled album, their first since 2001's Shangri-La Dee Da. To get the 411 on how the recording process was coming, we rang up the main songwriting force behind the band: the DeLeo Bros.

Where are you guys in the recording process now?
Dean DeLeo: We're done recording and will start mixing Monday.

Robert DeLeo: Yep, we just finished the last two songs at my home studio, and we're going through the editing process and getting everything sounding tasty. A gentleman by the name of Chris Lord-Alge, who actually mixed a song of ours back in early 2000 called "All in the Suit That You Wear," will mix the new album.

What should fans expect from this record?
Robert: Fans are going get a great STP record. We know what STP sounds like -- we have a sonic blueprint. It's always worked for me to put myself in the ears of the listener. I ask myself, "What kind of STP record would I want to hear?" The answer is a really cohesive record with songs that are going to be lasting. Fans don't necessarily want to hear songs from me being the best person I can be. Those songs are for a solo record. STP fans don't want that side of me. This band is attractive because we bring it to the edge of a cliff and write songs that have attitude.

Can you tell me about a few songs from the album?
Robert: There's a song called "Between the Lines," which musically is like Paul Revere and the Raiders, with that '60s sound that I've always been a fan of. It's a '60s rockin' basher! There's another song called "Huckleberry Crumble." It's funny: these were actually working titles from when Dean, Eric [Kretz], and I were writing the music at Eric's studio. Scott has gravitated toward them and we're officially using those titles, "Huckleberry Crumble" included. [Faux British accent]: "And it's another good rocker baby!"

What about Scott's sobriety? How has that affected the recording process?
Dean: Sobriety? What the fuck are you talking about? Scott does what he does.

Continue reading here: http://www.spin.com/articles/studio-stone-temple-pilots?page=0,1

makane
Legend

« Reply #297 on: February 11, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »

Anyone paying close attention to this? Release date rumours? "Soon" maybe? Single?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »

A couple of festivals for STP in Germany in June...

According to MusicWoche.de, Stone Temple Pilots will play this year's installment of the double festival Hurricane/Southside in Germany.

The festival, which is held June 18-21, will also feature The Prodigy, Skunk Anansie, Massive Attack and Dropkick Murphy's.

http://www.mediabiz.de/musik/news/verstaerkung-fuer-hurricane-und-southside/285879

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #299 on: February 20, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »

Here is a short interview with Scott Weiland - he says that the album is mastered and discusses their tour plans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA4yQevsJz8

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: